PDA

View Full Version : Stock wondrous item that boosts Wisdom - Head slot

Morphie
2014-03-19, 03:06 AM
Hello guys,
So, as the title suggests, I'm looking for a wondrous item for the head slot that grants a boost to Wisdom. I know the rules on the MIC that allow you to add the Wisdom bonus for its base price (+2 - 4.000, +4 - 16.000, +36.000) but the city my char is at the moment charges a extra 20% fee on items that don't already exist somewhere. If I get, let's say, a headband of wisdom and then any other headband/circlet/helmet/etc I can fuse them together without paying more, so I just need to find that base item.
Any 3.5 book is good. I've seen the headband of perfect excellence but that's too pricey for me to buy it now, I'll probably have around 10.000 gp to spend on the whole thing.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance :smallsmile:

eggynack
2014-03-19, 03:10 AM
I'm somewhat confused. What's stopping you from just using the already existing +wisdom item? There's little benefit from changing its slot, owing to the very MIC rule you've cited. Are you just completely unable to wear throat items for some reason?

Morphie
2014-03-19, 03:31 AM
I'm somewhat confused. What's stopping you from just using the already existing +wisdom item? There's little benefit from changing its slot, owing to the very MIC rule you've cited. Are you just completely unable to wear throat items for some reason?

Thanks for the reply. I'm currently playing a druid and I plan on combining a Circlet of Mages with the Wis boosting item. Having both things on only one item I would only need one wilding clasp to keep the Wis bonus when I wildshape - and the bonus spells that come with it.
I plan on getting a Necklace of Natural Weapons later on (A necklace of Natural Weapons +1 for Bite and Claw attacks would cost around 4.600), but I don't need that item now, Greater Magic Fang covers this pretty well and I haven't used wildshape to fight that often.

So, do you know of any Circlets of Wisdom or related headgear in any published 3.5 books?

eggynack
2014-03-19, 03:40 AM
Not to my knowledge, no. It's mostly just the MIC mention, I think. There aren't that many neat throat slotted druid items either, though the chronocharm of the uncaring archmage is pretty good. I'd figure that a wild shape amulet would be obtained even later than the necklace of natural weapons.

Yanisa
2014-03-19, 03:45 AM
So, do you know of any Circlets of Wisdom or related headgear in any published 3.5 books?

No, but... Headband of Inspired Wisdom (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/headband-of-inspired-wisdom) ....Pathfinder has.

It uses the same pricing as 3.5, so you might convince your DM with it.
It's worth a try?

Morphie
2014-03-19, 03:59 AM
No, but... Headband of Inspired Wisdom (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/headband-of-inspired-wisdom) ....Pathfinder has.

It uses the same pricing as 3.5, so you might convince your DM with it.
It's worth a try?

That would be perfect but unfortunately I'm pretty sure the DM won't allow it, he's strict on that and the whole group has some problems with dealing with books outside the core range of 3.5, let alone Pathfinder.
But thank you for your insight, I'll keep this in mind for when we start our first Pathfinder adventure after we finish this one :smallsmile:

I guess I'll just stick to buying the Circlet of Mages and the Periapt of Wisdom as two separate items for now. If I get the Necklace of Natural Weapons later on I'll fuse both items then and call it a day.