PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Blackguard Servants

Yogibear41
2014-03-19, 03:57 AM
Are their any alternative blackguard servants to the ones presented in the DMG( bat, cat, dire rat, horse, pony, raven, or toad) (all fiendish of course)

MadGreenSon
2014-03-19, 04:51 AM
Now I kinda want to build a Blackguard and his fiendish pony. The image of a big evil knight with a cute 'lil pony that'll eat your face is just priceless!

ShurikVch
2014-03-19, 07:15 AM
Now I kinda want to build a Blackguard and his fiendish pony. The image of a big evil knight with a cute 'lil pony that'll eat your face is just priceless!

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/018/b/e/it__s_freakin___poneys_everywhere_by_terminaitor-d4mtz71.png

MadGreenSon
2014-03-19, 07:41 AM
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/018/b/e/it__s_freakin___poneys_everywhere_by_terminaitor-d4mtz71.png

Awwww! Who's a big bad evil knight? Who's a big bad villain? Yes you are!:smallsmile:

Person_Man
2014-03-19, 07:50 AM
Are their any alternative blackguard servants to the ones presented in the DMG( bat, cat, dire rat, horse, pony, raven, or toad) (all fiendish of course)

Not that I'm aware of. Although a nice DM would let you take Leadership and use it for an improved Cohort, just like a RAW core Paladin can.

Also, if you want to be a Blackguard, I suggest that you go 11 levels of Paladin, and then fall, and then convert 10 levels of Paladin into Blackguard. That would make you a Fallen Paladin 1/Blackguard 10, which is superior to most Whatever X/Blackguard Y builds.

Prime32
2014-03-19, 09:16 AM
The Improved Fiendish Servant feat from Champions of Ruin adds a bunch of new options. Dungeon #100 has a feat that lets you choose a nightmare (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/nightmare.htm).

Yogibear41
2014-03-19, 02:54 PM
Not that I'm aware of. Although a nice DM would let you take Leadership and use it for an improved Cohort, just like a RAW core Paladin can.

Also, if you want to be a Blackguard, I suggest that you go 11 levels of Paladin, and then fall, and then convert 10 levels of Paladin into Blackguard. That would make you a Fallen Paladin 1/Blackguard 10, which is superior to most Whatever X/Blackguard Y builds.

Had an Idea for a Hexblade4/Paladin of Tyranny2/+1 level of something because I can't get 5 ranks of hide with just those to, into Blackguard, take improved familiar and maybe planar familiar feat for the Hexblades Familiar and have the Blackguards servant, then maybe take leadership for a cohort, then maybe some DMM persisting with a few good blackguard spells, be a 1 man army of Darkness with ridiculous saving throws.

NoACWarrior
2014-03-19, 03:00 PM
If you get a cohort, as long as the cohort is 1 size larger than you, you can ride them as your mount right?

Halfling blackguard, with a warlock orc cohort as his mount. :smallbiggrin:

Heck, if the warlock goes invis and eventually takes airwalk / fly, it will look like you are flying through the air!

ShurikVch
2014-03-21, 03:23 PM
Draconomicon have rules for "Dragons as Fiendish Servants"