PDA

View Full Version : It's over.

LordVader
2007-02-03, 10:31 AM
Miko is gone. Hinjo tried talking to her, and see where it got him? Still think talking will work? Feel free to discuss it with me!:smallbiggrin: Also, why does she keep calling herself a paladin- she's not anymore.

mikeejimbo
2007-02-03, 10:37 AM
Yeah, Hinjo even mentioned the Atonement spell, that should have made her realize that if she gave up now, she still had hope.

And the whole thing about "He tricked Shojo! He's in league with Shojo! I don't know how but it's true!" seemed like she'd finally lost it.

Lord Zentei
2007-02-03, 10:44 AM
Miko is gone. Hinjo tried talking to her, and see where it got him? Still think talking will work? Feel free to discuss it with me!:smallbiggrin: Also, why does she keep calling herself a paladin- she's not anymore.

She still sees herself as the chosen one even if she has fallen.

In principle, if she gets an eye opener, she may Atone, but it is going to take a hell of a lot to pull it off.

Teh_Jakester
2007-02-03, 10:49 AM
I think the Chosen One thing is just her way of being better than everyone else.

Sage in the Playground
2007-02-03, 10:56 AM
Did anyone else hear the tortured screams of Miko's fanclub rending asunder the night itself?

Lord Zentei
2007-02-03, 11:00 AM
Did anyone else hear the tortured screams of Miko's fanclub rending asunder the night itself?

Fnord? What do you mean? The fanclub rending asunder the night?

Mike_G
2007-02-03, 11:13 AM
Fnord? What do you mean? The fanclub rending asunder the night?

Maybe he meant how somebody rent their Knight assunder.

Or Assoverteakettle, perhaps.

grinner666
2007-02-03, 11:32 AM
I think the shock of losing her paladin class abilities has driven her into paranoid delusions. She's now busily building her own reality in order to convince herself that she's still a paladin, she's in the right, Roy and the OotS are all evildoers ...

Why else would she attack, apparently with the intention of killing him, another paladin doing his duty?? Especially now, when he is to all practical intents and purposes her new liege lord?

And the thing is, all indications seem to point to her continuing in this manner. If she doesn't smarten up, and soon, eventually she's going to end up cursing the Twelve Gods she's served all her life. After all, she's right, so they must be wrong for having taken her powers away, right?

Therefore I have to respectfully disagree with the OP. It ain't over yet, not by a long shot. She may no longer be a paladin, but I think Miko has one hell of a long way left to Fall. And you can't possibly imagine how very, very happy that makes me. :smalltongue:

Teh_Jakester
2007-02-03, 11:36 AM
Why else would she attack, apparently with the intention of killing him, another paladin doing his duty?? Especially now, when he is to all practical intents and purposes her new liege lord?

Because, as Belkar said, she's a b****. :smallyuk:

nothingclever
2007-02-03, 11:37 AM
Belkar giving Miko that cheesy kick at the end made my day.

Sage in the Playground
2007-02-03, 12:03 PM
Maybe he meant how somebody rent their Knight assunder.

Or Assoverteakettle, perhaps.

Umm.. what? I meant their srceams of anguish rent the night asunder!

Lord Zentei
2007-02-03, 12:13 PM

Those that thought she was a flawless, misunderstood heroine, not a tragic antagonist, perhaps.

As for the latter group, sure, there is always sadness in seeing a paladin fall, even if she is meant to be in opposition to the heroes.

Mike_G
2007-02-03, 12:14 PM

I was just making a punning reply to the above poster's question about "rending the night" versus the fanclub itself being rent asunder.

Then the asunder/assover was to tempting for a weak soul like myself.

Kreistor
2007-02-03, 12:15 PM
I think the shock of losing her paladin class abilities has driven her into paranoid delusions. She's now busily building her own reality in order to convince herself that she's still a paladin, she's in the right, Roy and the OotS are all evildoers ...

Uhm... she's been creating her own reality for a very long time now. She had convinced herself of the OotS's guilt before she took them back to Azure City, based solely on their association with Belkar.

Lord Zentei
2007-02-03, 12:18 PM
Uhm... she's been creating her own reality for a very long time now. She had convinced herself of the OotS's guilt before she took them back to Azure City, based solely on their association with Belkar.

It's been a steady process. She had not made up her mind about the OOTS immediately upon aprehending them, however. See the "History of Miko" thread.

Snake-Aes
2007-02-03, 12:20 PM
If she gets jailed I suppose that would give her time to think. I don't know how long that persistance will stick there till she snaps back into reality, if she does.

Porthos
2007-02-03, 12:34 PM
Miko is still a fascinating character and one that I pity on one level. She is clearly the architect of her own demise, and that make it all the more tragic. There is a reason why the Greek Dramas are still popular to this day, you know. :smallwink: All of her wounds have been self-inflicted, and follow a steady descent into darkness. And since all of her mental wounds have been self-inflicted, it will be pretty hard for her to "snap out of it".

And the really sad thing is that she still has a facet in her character that makes her able to Redeem. Unfortunatly that voice in her head is really small right now, and is being drowned out by the cacophony of voices demanding blood and "justice".

[As a side note, it would be hilairious to see a Haley style representation of Miko's personalities. :smallbiggrin: ]

Now this isn't Miko's Story, so we may or may not see a Redemption. Heck, it might turn out that Miko's Personal Demons are just too strong for her to fight and she will continue to Fall. But her character has been so well written and so complex that it should be interesting to see what else is store for the character.

So, I'm not a Miko Fan (and I never was), but I do pity her. Of course, if she continues to Fall, I will simultaneously pity her and cheer whoever slaps her around. :smallbiggrin:

PaladinFreak
2007-02-03, 12:37 PM
I think it will take more than sitting in cell to fix her mind.

Lord Zentei
2007-02-03, 12:38 PM
Miko is still a fascinating character and one that I pity on one level. She is clearly the architect of her own demise, and that make it all the more tragic. There is a reason why the Greek Dramas are still popular to this day, you know. :smallwink: All of her wounds have been self-inflicted, and follow a steady descent into darkness. And since all of her mental wounds have been self-inflicted, it will be pretty hard for her to "snap out of it". <SNIPPA>

Well put, sir.

So, I'm not a Miko Fan (and I never was), but I do pity her. Of course, if she continues to Fall, I will simultaneously pity her and cheer whoever slaps her around. :smallbiggrin:

ACK! HERESY! <Smite Unrighteous>

donkyhotay
2007-02-03, 07:06 PM
I kept expecting her to begin the atonement process once she realized she lost her powers. This all started because she knows she is doing the gods' will even though it doesn't make sense. Logically if the gods remove her powers then she must be wrong and so must begin the long difficult process of atonement. Given as how she continues to insist she is right despite receiving proof from the gods that she is wrong then I don't see anything preventing her fall and many many things to help her continue down the slippery slope to whatever underworld exists in OOTSverse.

Krellen
2007-02-03, 07:17 PM
Because, as Belkar said, she's a b****. :smallyuk:
I much prefer the term "mean old cranky-pants (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0209.html)".

the_tick_rules
2007-02-03, 08:00 PM
we're all at the mercy of the giant here.

Mr. Moon
2007-02-03, 09:55 PM
Gone? No, I don't think she's dead. Her story is long from ending. She'll probably wake up in a strip or two.

TinSoldier
2007-02-03, 11:31 PM
Umm.. what? I meant their srceams of anguish rent the night asunder!My screams of anguish died away as #409 was posted; that, along with years of self-discipline and meditation brought me back to serenity.

[As a side note, it would be hilairious to see a Haley style representation of Miko's personalities. :smallbiggrin: ]Actually, that would be very cool!

Sisqui
2007-02-04, 12:02 AM

I think she believes she fell on a technicality, not because she did something wrong. She thinks she was stripped of her powers b/c she was tricked by Roy into violating the law, not violating a principle of good. The only way out for her now is to get Roy to "admit" his guilt and thereby absolve her of her own.

TinSoldier
2007-02-04, 12:03 AM
I think she believes she fell on a technicality, not because she did something wrong. She thinks she was stripped of her powers b/c she was tricked by Roy into violating the law, not violating a principle of good. The only way out for her now is to get Roy to "admit" his guilt and thereby absolve her of her own.That's an interesting point that I hadn't thought of...

grinner666
2007-02-04, 11:30 AM
I think she believes she fell on a technicality, not because she did something wrong. She thinks she was stripped of her powers b/c she was tricked by Roy into violating the law, not violating a principle of good. The only way out for her now is to get Roy to "admit" his guilt and thereby absolve her of her own.

Actually you have to become non-lawful, not just commit a single chaotic act, to lose your status and powers as a paladin. One evil act, on the other hand, and you Fall. She may, of course, feel free to believe what she likes, but beliefs like that are just going to push her farther and farther away from ever being able to redeem herself.

Which delights me. I never liked that uptight, condescending, arrogant, self-righteous and, ultimately, loony beeyotch. :smalltongue:

Sisqui
2007-02-04, 07:03 PM
[quote=grinner666;1953520]Actually you have to become non-lawful, not just commit a single chaotic act, to lose your status and powers as a paladin.

I know. I think she believes Roy led her down that particular path over the course of the comic....... But then, I also think she doesn't know what she thinks........

Steward
2007-02-04, 07:06 PM

Shojo told her that.

Which makes her even more delusional now because her pretext for thinking that that the Order was evil is gone because now she just "discovered" that Shojo was "evil".

warmachine
2007-02-04, 07:53 PM
A lawful good person has to persuade rather than attack, if possible. He's trying to create a fairer, just and compassionate world. Criminals and suspects are less likely to turn themselves in and face judgement if they think they'll be summarily executed. Indeed, they'll do anything to resist arrest if they equate arrest with death. Fairness must be seen to be done, so a law enforcer must try for that small chance that killing isn't necessary.

Grey Watcher
2007-02-04, 08:10 PM
Let's face it, Miko's biggest flaw is pride. She did, apparently, seriously consider Hinjo's offer, but she'd rather believe some weird idea that the Gods made her Fall as part of some larger purpose than admit that she actually made a mistake.

Jade_Tarem
2007-02-04, 08:19 PM
I always kinda figured she would go down the Fallen Shadowbane Inquisitor path: the absolute foulest sort of villian who is absolutely, totally convinced that they are doing the right thing. It's less than a jump away from being completely crazy.

AK-00
2007-02-04, 08:22 PM
Actually, I think it's just the beginning for her. Now, if she could just rid herself of her psychological dependency on the gods, she'd be free to pursue justice on her own terms. As long as she's alive, there's still hope for her.