PDA

View Full Version : Question on spells without range

fuzzybits
2014-03-19, 07:08 AM
So this is about 2 of apparently 5 spells that just don't have a listed range in their description. Namely:

Small Stronghold [Dragon #309 (pg 48)]
Unholy Storm [Planar Handbook, Spell Compendium]

My question to you is are they persist-able? I think they aren't because their range is neither fixed nor personal.

Edit: I'm sorry, Axiomatic Storm, Anarchic Storm, and Unholy Storm are included in this list.

killem2
2014-03-19, 08:57 AM
Looks like that both are. :smallsmile:

I made a mistake, with out a fixed range listed or personal they can't be persisted. That anarchic storm however looks like it fits.

fuzzybits
2014-03-19, 09:24 AM
Looks like that both are. :smallsmile:

I made a mistake, with out a fixed range listed or personal they can't be persisted. That anarchic storm however looks like it fits.

I agree, mainly because if you look at Planar Handbook it says it's centered on you, however, it still doesn't say personal so it hits that conundrum again. I guess that would be purely on a DM's digression as RAW suggests it's not persist-able.

killem2
2014-03-19, 11:52 AM
I agree, mainly because if you look at Planar Handbook it says it's centered on you, however, it still doesn't say personal so it hits that conundrum again. I guess that would be purely on a DM's digression as RAW suggests it's not persist-able.

Well it was updated with spell comp. :)

fuzzybits
2014-03-19, 12:20 PM
Well it was updated with spell comp. :)

I know. ;)

killem2
2014-03-19, 03:49 PM
I know. ;)

Maybe I'm mistaking your question for a different spell then. :smallconfused:

fuzzybits
2014-03-19, 05:23 PM
No no. I think I'm just confusing you. I agree with you.