PDA

View Full Version : Indie Game Design - Visual Designer needed

NeverSleep
2014-03-19, 12:27 PM
Hello,

We have created the mechanics for a card game, and are in need of someone to help with layouts and art/illustrations for it.

More specifically, we will need the following:

Art direction(you would be head art designer, as this is indie game design)
Layouts(we have stats and #s, where should we put them?)
Logo/icon work
Packaging design
Illustrations
Token/counter visual design

There is a plan with workable steps:

1. Pitch

We will be considering several art directions, and will ask a select few for a pitch package consisting of:

1 ICON
For the smaller re-used iconagraphy throughout the game
MTG equivilant : Fire symbol

1 LOGO
The logo of the game itself. Would be repeated throughout the packaging, and potentially be on the card back

1 ILLUSTRATION
We have 2 distinct tiers for illustrations. We'd like to see an example of the higher tier. With a 3/4 or full body subject

Any stage of development is fine for original work. Submissions of exsisting work will also be considered. All submitted materials will remain in your full total ownership.

We will pay a small consideration for some artists to put together original compositions based on their portfolios.

The tone of the game is serious(but not heavy), and has a martial arts theme.

2. Kickstarter package:

Enough art and web content to produce a Kickstarter presentation. We will need:

Card Backs
Card Templates w/backgrounds
10 or so fully designed cards
Polished iconography
Some visual materials to help with the Kickstarter itself

3. Prototype

All of the art and revisions to put together a printable prototype. Pre-finalization.

There are currently a total of 73 different cards that would need illustrations.
The top tier(more complex illustrations) consists of around 14 total cards. The remainder can/will have more simple illustration.

4. Final Product(s)

Art and design at the level of finished product. We will add packaging design to your plate at this point.

Each stage will have a modest budget, and the future stages may dictate a larger volume of work with a companion budget.

To respond, or for more details you can PM me here. I will consider all portfolios, and do my best to answer questions as I'm able.

Feel free to pass this on to any freelance illustrators/artists who may be interested in this sort of project as well.

Thanks everyone!

Trubbol
2014-03-19, 09:28 PM
Consider me interested!

NeverSleep
2014-03-20, 01:59 PM
Thanks for your response @Trubbol, I sent you a PM with more info.