PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Magic Weapon Question

Zeromage1
2014-03-19, 02:40 PM
Could a magic weapon have the following properties:

+1, Ghost Touch and frost? Or can you not combine properties like that?

Psyren
2014-03-19, 02:52 PM
Yes, you can. It counts as a weapon of the total enhancement value of all those component pieces for pricing purposes.

So in your example, you would have +1, Frost (+1) and Ghost Touch (+1) meaning it would cost as much as a +3 weapon.

Spore
2014-03-19, 02:52 PM
You can do that. The price is equal to a +3 weapon.

Person_Man
2014-03-19, 07:42 PM
Above comments are correct. Though it's worth mentioning that in Pathfinder, you may wish to consider just keeping a strait enhancement bonus, because it bypasses additional levels of damage reduction and adds to your combat maneuver checks. And Ghost Touch rarely comes up in a game, unless you're specifically hunting ghosts. There's just not that many incorporeal creatures out there.

TuggyNE
2014-03-19, 09:42 PM
And Ghost Touch rarely comes up in a game, unless you're specifically hunting ghosts. There's just not that many incorporeal creatures out there.

Times like this, I'm tempted to borrow from DDO and switch it to "ghostbane", which not only acts like ghost touch, but also acts like undead bane, for the same +1 value. Maybe a bit much, but really it shouldn't be too crazy, given how weak ghost touch normally is — and it's not like bane is all that OP either.

Person_Man
2014-03-20, 09:25 AM
Times like this, I'm tempted to borrow from DDO and switch it to "ghostbane", which not only acts like ghost touch, but also acts like undead bane, for the same +1 value. Maybe a bit much, but really it shouldn't be too crazy, given how weak ghost touch normally is — and it's not like bane is all that OP either.

I would probably just make Ghost Touch cost 6,000 gp instead of +1. That way it still costs the same amount of money, but doesn't progressively add to the cost of future enchantments, or take up +1 worth of space on the weapon that could be used for more useful things.

Psyren
2014-03-20, 09:36 AM
I would let you apply multiple doses of ghost salt to a weapon - 10 at a time or so.

Keneth
2014-03-20, 09:37 AM
There's just not that many incorporeal creatures out there.

Speak for yourself, I constantly throw incorporeals at my players just to see the frustration in their eyes. :belkar:

Good point about ghost touch weapons though. Adding it to my list of things to house rule.

JeenLeen
2014-03-20, 09:42 AM
I heard magic weapons do half-damage against incorporeal/ethereal beings in Pathfinder. Is that true?

If so, that makes Ghost-Touch even less important.

BWR
2014-03-20, 09:47 AM
Well, in 3.5 non ghost touch weapons had a 50% chance of hitting incorporeal targets. This just removes a die roll and the end result is the same: half damage.

Keneth
2014-03-20, 09:50 AM
People fail to take into account that while ghost touch items may not be that useful to players, ghosts can use them to great effect. :smalltongue:

Psyren
2014-03-20, 09:59 AM
I heard magic weapons do half-damage against incorporeal/ethereal beings in Pathfinder. Is that true?

If so, that makes Ghost-Touch even less important.

Incorporeal, yes. Ethereal, no - nothing harms them except force effects and ghost touch.