PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class [Prestige] Death from Afar!

spikeof2010
2014-03-19, 04:02 PM
"You see that kobold over there? What? You can't? What are you blind? He's only 3 miles away!"

Great, first prestige class ever focused on... Well, eyesight no not beholders.

Optishots are your typical end all, be all snipers, you'll find them anywhere, or rather you won't, since they'll be far away, but don't fret, they'll find you!

Prerequisites: 8 Ranks in Spot, +5 BAB.

Optishot
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+0|+0|+2|+2|Lock On

2nd|+1|+0|+3|+3|Target Acquired

3rd|+2|+1|+3|+3|Long Shot

4th|+3|+1|+4|+4|The little things!

5th|+3|+1|+4|+4|Turn a blind eye

[/table]
Alignment: Any
Hit Die: 1d6

Class Skills:
Class Skills:
Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex).
Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int modifier

Lock On(Ex): Your miss chance due to any cover less than total cover is reduced by 5% for each level in this class.

Target Acquired(Ex): Once a day, apply your class level to any ranged attack, ignoring all penalties.

Long Shot(Ex): Increase your range by 100 feet per level in this class.

The little things(Ex):Your critical range is improved by one when shoot from at least 100 feet away.

Turn a blind eye(Ex):You are so keen with your eyes, you gain darkvision up to 60ft or blindsense up to 15 ft, whichever applies. You also half any penalties for shooting outside your normal range

Go ahead and PEACH it. :>

NeoSeraphi
2014-03-19, 04:17 PM
Not much of a class. You only have two sniping abilities out of five, and one of those is once per day. I'd say you should increase his range weapons range increment by 100' per class level, halve the penalties for shooting past your range, automatically threaten when you shoot from more than 100', and maybe a death shot that lets you force a saver or die after you spend 3 rounds studying the target

spikeof2010
2014-03-19, 05:13 PM
Not much of a class. You only have two sniping abilities out of five, and one of those is once per day. I'd say you should increase his range weapons range increment by 100' per class level, halve the penalties for shooting past your range, automatically threaten when you shoot from more than 100', and maybe a death shot that lets you force a saver or die after you spend 3 rounds studying the target

I'll add in your suggestions, thanks!

Also am I sensing a bit of DOTA 2 references?

NeoSeraphi
2014-03-19, 07:54 PM
I'll add in your suggestions, thanks!

Also am I sensing a bit of DOTA 2 references?

Actually the dwarven sniper is from the original dota

1whoscribbled
2014-03-20, 11:52 AM
Actually the dwarven sniper is from the original dota

He is right :smallwink:

spikeof2010
2014-03-20, 03:46 PM
He is right :smallwink:

Ah, sorry.
Also, I recall he was a gnome?