PDA

View Full Version : The Tutus Inquisition: Chapter One [IC]

kreenlover
2014-03-19, 04:06 PM
The day dawns bright and early.
You suppose anyways. The lights in your chambers get brighter to wake you, but you never see the outside sun, and there are no windows with which to see it through.
But such is life in Tutus. Such is the price you pay for more safety than any other civilization receives.

Irish Musician
2014-03-19, 05:53 PM
Delilah Loremaster (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=823947), Priest of Pelor
As the lights in her room turned on, Delilah awoke, stretched, and went about her normal morning routine. She put a pot on the stove full of water and washed her face as it heated up. She took some tea bags from her cupboard as well as a mug. Once the water was ready she poured the hot water over the bags and once her tea was made and ready, she sat down with a book and read while she drank her tea. She also nibbled on some breakfast and when done was meditated for a bit, talking to Pelor and asking him for his blessings.

Delilah then got dressed and headed for the Library. She walked through the streets, reading a book like normal, and amazingly avoiding people and things as she walked. Once she got to the Library in the Church's tower, she checked in with the Master Librarian and then went about her daily routine of cataloging any new books and scrolls that might have come in, and seeing if any translations have been requested. Delilah wasn't the only one that could, but she tended to be the unofficial translator of the Library due to the number of languages she knew.....even ones that were long dead. She didn't know when the next time she would get called for active Hunting Duty, but she wanted to get as much done before then so there wasn't as big of a pile to do when she got back. The trip didn't tend to last too long, but all the same.

Elricaltovilla
2014-03-21, 12:19 AM
Tomas was already awake before the sun rose. He began his morning prayer regimen to coincide with the sun's arrival, a tradition he'd maintained since his days in the orphanage. The light of Pelor signaled the beginning of the new day, and so it was the perfect time to offer supplication to the lord of light.

With his morning prayers completed, Tomas began his exercises. His body needed to remain fit, as his might represented the might of Pelor's Inquisition. While many inquisitors allowed themselves to go soft or relied too much on their... Interviewing Techniques, Tomas knew that his strength was the gift that allowed him to achieve so much and to become a hero to the people.

That brought a sour thought to the inquisitor. It reminded him of his younger days, when he was still an initiate. And that had ended in, blood, darkness, fear and death. It had made him the man he was today, but he wondered if that was the man he wanted to be.

Putting aside his reminiscences, Tomas got dressed and put on his armor, emblazoned with the inquisitorial crest. He left his small room, taking his enchanted greatsword with him. Priests, clerics and servants gave him a wide berth and fearful looks, nobody wanted to cross his path and risk his ire. Not that he had much ire.

Tomas eventually left the chapel to seek out some food, and found himself near the library.

AngryCyc
2014-03-21, 07:54 AM
Rossen wakes up in a den of filth and grime. As she quietly tries to extricate herself from the tangled mass of rubbish and other people sleeping around her, she recalls the rather unprofitable night she had. So much alcohol, but not a bit of information that would be useful to her...

As she makes her way out the door onto the nearby street, she takes a minute to adjust her clothes and tidy herself up a bit, if nothing for nothing else other than just to make sure her veil is properly covering her face... there's certainly no need to raise a panic this morning.

As the city wakes up around her, she quietly slips down several back roads and allies, looking over her shoulder the whole time, making her way back to her own residence inside the confines of the Church.

kreenlover
2014-04-03, 07:11 PM
As you sort through the latest set of books a scrap of paper falls out of the one you are handling a tome called 'On the History of the Great Spiro-Drake Empire'.
The scrap of paper has a hastily scrawled message on it. You can read some words.
møte meg i annekset.
Alla suuri käyrä.
Темный Дворец.
Y noson y gwrthryfel.
Deerskirage

You can read the third line as "The dark palace"
The rest is in languages unknown to you.
Looking up from the paper you can see Tomas, another Inquisitor you have heard of at the least, standing just outside the doors.

The libraries doors are open, and ready for members of the Church to enter and learn new things. On the second floor balcony you can see one of the librarians, a fellow Inquisitor named Delilah, struggling to keep a hold of a stack of books.

The Fermentation Lounge is the usual place to go to get fermented slime, what some are now calling alcohol, but there are other places to get it to.
Places where you can drink so much, and where the atmosphere is far less welcoming and friendly (although with the bar fight that happened at the Fermentation Lounge last night, with a Gorgon no less! that reputation may start to sink).
The streets are busy and bustling as you meander along them.
Just as you get in sight of the entrance to the Church, two men bump into you from either side and keep walking forwards, pushing you back, away from the Church.
"Come with us please, or we will be forced to use force"
They look average, but have faces that are at the same time, intimidating. Broken noses, smashed faces, bruises, cuts. They look like they are no strangers to fights.

meet me in the annex. (Norwegian/Dwarven)
Below the great curve. (Finnish/Gorgon)
The Dark Palace. (Russian/Abyssal)
The night of the rising. (Welsh/Draconic)

AngryCyc
2014-04-03, 07:43 PM
Rossen

"Well you DID say please. I'm not sure how I could refuse such a request." Rossen says as she makes to go with the men.

Irish Musician
2014-04-04, 10:22 AM
Delilah Loremaster (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=823947), Priest of Pelor
Delilah looks at the scrap of paper and can't help but get very frustrated when she cannot read the other languages. She stares at them for long moments and then decides she has had enough. Delilah sets the piece of paper on a table and takes a pinch of something from her pouch and sprinkles it over the paper while saying some words with her eyes closed and hands held over it. When she opens her eyes, she hopes that the writing that she does not know is revealed to her. Delilah look sup quickly and sees Tomas standing in the doorway and looks back down at the paper, "Hello Tomas, how are you this morning?"

So Delilah casts comprehend languages, and it will last an hour:
You can understand the spoken words of creatures or read otherwise incomprehensible written messages. The ability to read does not necessarily impart insight into the material, merely its literal meaning. The spell enables you to understand or read an unknown language, not speak or write it.

Written material can be read at the rate of one page (250 words) per minute. Magical writing cannot be read, though the spell reveals that it is magical. This spell can be foiled by certain warding magic (such as the secret page and illusory script spells). It does not decipher codes or reveal messages concealed in otherwise normal text.

All those languages she knows and she can only get 1/5 of them on this piece of paper......she is super intrigued!

Also, if I may ask, which language is it that she automatically knows? As in, what is "the dark palace" written in?

Elricaltovilla
2014-04-04, 11:29 AM
Tomas Guzman

"Greetings, Lady Delilah. I hope that Pelor's glorious light finds you well this day? You seem as interested in ancient writings as always. May I be of some assistance, perhaps?" Tomas bows slightly to his fellow inquisitor, it's about the most polite he ever is, although he never stops monitoring the area, looking for signs of danger.

Tomas is making a perception roll, because he's the paranoid type.

Perception roll: [roll0]

Irish Musician
2014-04-04, 12:00 PM
Delilah looks back up and smiles at him, "Well, Pelor has blessed me with memory and the intelligence to be able to translate such things. And when I am stumped, as I am now, he guides me to the answers I seek through the powers he bestows upon me. Help all you like, Sir Guzman, though I know not if you can help. For I do not even know the strange writings on this piece of paper that fell out of this book. All I have been able to decipher from it is "the dark palace".....so it is a mystery until I get the rest of this translated and get some more research done on it." She waits for her powers to enlighten her as to what the rest of the paper says. She sees Tomas looking around in his usual manner and giggles a little. "My dear Tomas, you do not need to worry about anything here. I have spent many a day and night in this Library and have never felt in danger. Books are my comfort." She gives him a comforting smile and once again stares at the paper, hoping to find its secrets.

Elricaltovilla
2014-04-04, 12:36 PM
Tomas Guzman

"Lady Delilah, as an Inquisitor you should know that it is where we are most comfortable that we are in the most danger. Still, if you say there is nothing to fear, I trust your word. I am sorry to say that I am as unfamiliar with this "Dark Palace" as you are, but it sounds as though it is a place where no Pelor-fearing person should go." Although he said he trusted her, Tomas didn't actually relax. His muscles remained tense as ever.

Irish Musician
2014-04-04, 12:46 PM
Delilah couldn't help but smile and know that even though he appreciated her comments, Tomas was not going to relax at all. Such was his nature, so she felt no offense to it. "I do no know what this place is, but I do disagree that no one should go there...." She looks up at him and smiles a mischievous grin she only gets when she is thinking one specific thing. "We should to go there and make it into a "Light" palace. Once, of course, we do some more research into it."

kreenlover
2014-04-04, 06:58 PM
The two glance at each other in obvious surprise.
"Wait...you aren't going to resist?"
"Durg, how are we supposed to kill her for resisting arrest if she doesn't resist it?" the first one turns to his partner and scratches his head as the two stop.
"Hurg! You weren't supposed to say that!" the second one hisses back "Now she knows that we are trying to kill her!"
"No she didn't! That was you who said that! And my question still stands"
"I...I dunno. Maybe we should just kill her anyways and say that she was resisting arrest. Since, you know, its not like we can really arrest people anyways"
"He. He he. Yah. Funny joke that. Us, arresters? Tee hee hee hee hee" the man breaks down into giggles as the other man reaches inside his shirt and pulls out a thin wand which he sticks into Rossin's chest.
"Ha. Yah. This'll be fun. Cadavre"
He looks at the wand in surprise when it doesn't go off and then at his partner.
"Didn't the man say to kill the veiled churchey lady with the wand? He said that the word was cadaver right?"
"No, you moron, he said corpse. Or, wait. Maybe it was cadaver? I don't think you're holding it right"
After a second they seem to realize that you are still standing there, then smile kinda sheepishly as they turn and run.

As Delilah finishes casting her spell a hush seems to fall over the room. The already quiet library always goes completely still when a spell is cast, an odd feature that the presence of so many magical tomes seems to reinforce.
The silence is broken a moment later by her words to Tomas. As the two talk the library returns to normal, and then suddenly goes silent again.

For a moment nothing seems amiss...and then Tomas sees the knife concealed in the sleeve of a junior librarian. It should be nothing but...he has never seen this junior librarian before. And the man seems to move with the grace of one accustomed to violence, something not at all common among the librarians here.
Meet me in the annex. (Dwarven)
Below the great curve. (Gorgon. Wait. I did say that Gorgon wasn't a language didn't I? Would you be mad if I now changed that, but let you change your languages to compensate for that?)
The Dark Palace. (Abyssal)
The night of the rising. (Draconic)

I am smashing my head against my keyboard right now. I...forgot that Comprehend Languages existed, despite using it as a plot point last Sunday in another game.
*sigh*

AngryCyc
2014-04-04, 07:58 PM
"Now wait here just one second fellas, I think I might be able to help you get that wand to work!" she calls to them... "it sounds to me like someone else didn't give you the proper training you deserved to get, and that is entirely their fault and not yours. If y'all come back here and show me the wand real quick I can teach you the proper way to use it. I'd hate for the two of you to be punished for not completing your job when you've both been so polite to me!" she says politely and calmly.

Diplomacy, which with traits and stuff can raise their starting attitude towards me by up to 3 steps instead of 2 [roll0]

She also readies an action to use her snap leaf should any more threats appear.

Elricaltovilla
2014-04-06, 10:51 AM
"Lady Delilah, I believe my concern may be justified. I would excuse myself for a moment." Tomas went and hid himself behind some of the bookshelves, stealthily following the junior librarian. He did his best to get close to the mysterious man, and as soon as he was able he confronted him.

Tomas is attempting to sneak up on his target.

Stealth Roll: [roll0]

kreenlover
2014-04-06, 11:46 AM
The two stare at each other for a moment, then look back at Rossin.
"Well Durg, it couldn't hurt, could it?"
"But Hurg... remember, they said that if something goes wrong we need to report back!"
"Yes, but, she said she can help us! If she can help us figure it out, then it won't go wrong, and then we won't have to report back that something went wrong!"
"Ooh, good point"
They turn, and walk back towards you. Durg (or is it Hurg?) hands you the wand.
"The man said that to activate it you need to flick your wrist and say 'Cadaver'. Then it should do a Death...Finger? or something"

As you dodge behind the one stack and slide along you trip and, reaching out to steady yourself, catch a hold of the shelf. It doesn't collapse thankfully, but two books fall onto the floor.
When you look out again, the under librarian has vanished. After a frantic moment of searching you can see him pushing past the other patrons, heading straight for the Head Librarian.
Before you can move after him you feel something sharp poking into your side. A cold voice speaks into your ear yet you feel no breath.
"Don't move Inquisitor, or else it'll be the last move you ever make"

As Tomas quietly slips behind a bookshelf, then trips and pulls two tomes onto the floor as he steadies himself, a younger woman runs into you by accident.
You both wind up on the floor, and she blushes furiously.
"Oh, I'm so sorry, here, let me help you up"
She grabs your arm and pulls you to your feet. As she does you notice that her hand is so very very cold.
She smiles at you as you regain your feet, but does not release your arm. She glances down at her other other hand, and smiles. Her left hand holds a dagger. She points it at your chest, the blade hid from others by your bodies. You can see that the blade crackles with energy, and you can feel the malignancy, the darkness, the death pouring off of it from where you stand.
"Don't move Inquisitor. You are not my target, but I will kill you if you get in my way. For now I am going to support you over there" she motions with the dagger towards the side of the room where an elderly cleric reads a scroll "Because you twisted your ankle when I bumped you. You won't move, won't do anything, or else the dagger I am holding will be buried in your chest and I'll just kill my target anyways"

AngryCyc
2014-04-06, 12:42 PM
Taking the wand, she begins examining it carefully. "Here give me just a second... I'll figure this out for you." She pulls out a small piece of paper from her pocket and thinks to herself a brief question: Who is trying to assassinate me? while reading the words on the paper. She then starts studying the wand carefully to determine its properties.

Using my Moonlit Script for the Divination on the question asked. 90% success rate [roll0]

and then spellcraft to determine the wand, with a brief casting of guidance on myself first: Spellcraft [roll1]

kreenlover
2014-04-06, 01:30 PM
The wand is definitely odd... it holds a single use of 'Finger of Death', and a powerful one at that. It is not like a normal wand, but is instead something...else.

The day the moon the night the sun
All begins as all is undone
You see the future, you see the past
This is the vision that must not last

It is the Gods, those ones themselves
Who seek to damn you to the Hells
But which Gods damn and which gods protect?
Who seeks to sever your little neck?

The smartest thing to do is run
Run fast and far and long and straight
Forwards to the Church's gate

There you shall find the truth,
A word, a look, by claw and tooth
The day that ends, the night that lasts
The ones who linger in dark's caress

They try to end the life of you
The lives of many others too
None are safe on this dark day
You must away, you must away

It is a longer poem than usual, and your script covers both sides of the scrap of paper. Asides from this poem you can make out the words 'assassins' 'gorgons' 'cultists' 'cabal' 'traitors' and 'undead' repeated many times, while at the top written in bold letters is 'Umbra'

AngryCyc
2014-04-06, 01:55 PM
"Alright fellas it looks like someone definitely gave you some wrong information. My guess is they never expected you to use this wand against me. I'm worried that they were actually trying to get YOU killed by attacking me. You both have been so nice and I'd hate for any harm to fall. You two should follow me as fast as you can. I'll lead you to safety! Come lets go at once!" she finishes, with a casting of Expeditious Retreat on herself, and starts running full speed towards the church. She trusts that her doubled speed and knowledge of the way back will let her outrun the two buffoons. Any calls from them she hears, she ignores and acts as if she was just running too fast to notice that they aren't keeping up with her or her newly acquired wand.

Irish Musician
2014-04-06, 04:27 PM
Delilah doesn't know if this woman knows who she is, but she plays the role of the book-worm, acting scared and compliant. "Oh, ouch my ankle. Thank you for helping me up, can you help me over there. That might help me, to support myself on that table. You really are a life saver." Once they make their way over to the table by the old man, Delilah leans on the table and messages her ankle as if it were hurt. "Thank you so much for helping me over here," and she then looks right into the woman's eyes, prolonging eye contact with her, and saying this slowly and deliberately, "I don't know what I could have done without you." Delilah just stares deep into her eyes, not letting her break eye contact.

Delilah actives her Gaze attack, DC 19 Fort to get out of it, and the woman is dazed for 2 rounds.

Dazed: The creature is unable to act normally. A dazed creature can take no actions, but has no penalty to AC.

Elricaltovilla
2014-04-06, 07:39 PM
With little reason to bother with subtlety at this point and no reason to expect anything less than lethal intent, Tomas opted for some aggressive negotiation. He charged the dagger carrying junior librarian, drawing his great sword in the same motion. He was careful to use the flat of the blade though, keeping the target for questioning later.

Charging the junior librarian with the knife, using nonlethal damage.
[roll0] +2 charge, -4 nonlethal. With a BAB of +1 or higher, I can draw my weapon as part of a move action.

Here's hoping that I start rolling better.

kreenlover
2014-04-06, 08:18 PM
The two do yell for you to wait up, but you fast outdistance them. As you arrive at the gate to the Church you see a strange sight.
A woman with a veil is entering the gate ahead of you. She looks vaguely familiar, then as she turns, you can tell why.
Its you!

The man behind you swears and shouts "Detonate!" as you lunge forwards. The under-librarian turns, sees you, and his eyes widen as you lunge. The book that you had knocked from the shelf catches on your foot, and you fall forwards as you feel heat and hear noise behind you.
Then a roar shakes the library and a blast of flame shoots over your head as you trip. The under-librarian leaps to the side as he draws his dagger and charges the head librarian while behind you you can hear screams and the crackling of paper beginning to burn.

The woman nods as she helps you to your feet, then blinks at you as you stare into her eyes.
She begins to push the dagger forwards into your chest, and you can feel your clothing just parting before it, and then the woman just falls still, her eyes looking empty and blank. A thin line of drool begins to run from her mouth.
Then you hear an explosion as the aisle that Tomas had run down explodes in a fireball.
The light gets brighter as the flames absorb the shelves, and the aisle, not to mention the rest of the library, begins t burn.
Beyond that you can see Tomas push himself to his knees as an under-librarian you have never seen before flicks his wrist, dropping a dagger into his hand, and leaps for the head librarian. The dagger crackles with the same deadly energy as the woman's dagger as he flies through the air towards your master.

Elricaltovilla
2014-04-06, 09:16 PM
Realizing that there were more foes than he'd originally thought, Tomas switched tactics and began casting a spell. The power of Pelor filled him as he unleashed a Blistering Invective against his foes.

"Behold the might of Pelor! Feel the power of my words and know that your end is near!" Thomas roared.

First, initiative: [roll0]
Second, Thomas casts burning invective, making an intimidate check to demoralize all foes within 30 ft and dealing 1d10 fire damage, and they must make a reflex save or catch fire.
Third, the intimidate roll to demoralize: [roll1]
Fourth, the damage roll: [roll2]

Irish Musician
2014-04-06, 10:39 PM
Delilah takes a far step backwards from the woman and glad that the dagger didn't get shoved into her stomach. Then the explosion happens and while she laments her books being burned, she reacts quickly to the other person stabbing at her beloved Master Librarian. Making her way over to him she yells at the librarian youth in a voice full of power not often heard from Delilah, "YOU SHALL NOT HARM HIM!!"

She casts Forbid Action on the other person with the dagger. And she Forbids him to be able to attack anyone.

From the power: (Forbid)Attack: The target cannot take any action that involves an attack roll, or uses a spell or ability that targets a foe or an area that includes a foe.

AngryCyc
2014-04-07, 04:02 PM
Rossen starts running straight at the impostor, ready to wipe it from existence. She starts by casting one of her most powerful spells at whoever it is... So you want to be me? I'll show you what it's like to be me... Her fingers also start to grow into claws as well.

Initiative [roll0] but hopefully I have a surprise round.

Spell is Oracle's Burden, DC 17 will save or the impostor gets all of the negatives of my curses and none of the positive, which means deaf, -4 to initiative and perception, a 20% chance of verbal component spells failing and wasting the slot, and another 20% chance of failing and NOT wasting the slot.

And if she rolls high on that will save, go ahead and expect a reroll because Misfortune!

kreenlover
2014-04-07, 04:43 PM
The woman stumbles, and turns angrily towards you.
You can just hear her say something that sounds like "Rarg oo atin o? Et ha!" Before she realizes what she sounds like. She claps a hand over her sudden snout in surprise and fear as the guards turn to her.
They draw swords as she flips a dagger out of each sleeve, into her hands, and plunges them into the guards chests simultaneously.
She leaps into the air and kicks the handles of the daggers, splitting their chests wide under the force, then punches the door open with one hand. She waves daintily to you as she darts inside.
The poor guards lie there (http://25.media.tumblr.com/d3890385aea570e1e1d873fde0ff9fcd/tumblr_mkoocwrzLT1qia2dho2_500.jpg), dead before the shattered doorway.

Yes, the Church does look like the Orvhoz syndicate. No, that doesn't bother me? Should it? :smallamused:

The man freezes, and turns to glare at you. Then, his mouth begins to move as he casts a spell, only to botch it when the wave of fear created by Tomas sweeps over him (not to mention the flames). He begins to bat at the wildly, dropping the dagger in the process.
The woman in front of you moans slightly as her dress catches fire and the dagger falls from her grasp, but she can't move, still dazed by your eyes.

The underlibrarian spins towards Delilah as her voice shouts out a command, then yelps as the flames roar over him. He takes one look into your eyes and panics, dropping his dagger as he tries to pat out the flames.
You spin in time to see a cloud of mist coalesce into a dark man with shining red eyes. He seems unaffected by the fear, and the wave of flame passed right through him.
"You may have dodged my fireball, but you will not dodge..." he pauses to look at something on the wand he holds "The acidic arrows! Flesh melt!"
A dart of putrid green goo shoots from the tip of the wand and launches itself towards you.
Ok, so acid arrow at you.
[roll0] touch attack
[roll1]immediate
[roll2]round 1
[roll3]round 2
[roll4]round 3
All of those are acid damage; on each additional round (unless neutralized) it does that much damage to you.
Neutralizing...I'm pretty cool with any explanation you can come up with as to how to neutralize it

Also, I am now imagining Tomas pulling his sword up, looking around, and slamming it into the ground as he shouts "Behold the might of Pelor!" A wave of flame ripples out from him, racing across the library floor towards his foes as he looks up at his foes (slow head raise) and begins to glow with a holy and divine wrath, eyes burning from within.
Just my imagination anyways.

AngryCyc
2014-04-07, 04:53 PM
Still moving faster-than-the-average-wolf from her Expeditious Retreat, Rossen goes into a dead sprint trying to catch up to her. She makes a passing glance at the guards to verify that they are in fact dead, and that there is not chance of saving them now... and then continues on inside to chase the woman.

As she enters the threshold of the church she activates her Snap Leaf, turning her completely invisible, and then begins looking about for signs of the woman.

Irish Musician
2014-04-07, 10:14 PM
Delilah looks back at the woman and instead of employing her gaze against the woman again, she speaks some words and employs her hands with a small iron rod. "Stay there and do not move! You WILL pay for what you have done!"

Cast Hold Person on the woman. "The subject becomes paralyzed and freezes in place. It is aware and breathes normally but cannot take any actions, even speech. Each round on its turn, the subject may attempt a new saving throw to end the effect. This is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity."

Will save negates I believe.

Elricaltovilla
2014-04-07, 11:27 PM
Tomas

Tomas grunted in pain as magical acid seared his flesh. This new foe was more powerful, and more obviously evil. More than likely this was the leader. Tomas allowed Pelor's righteousness to guide him as he recalled his training, seeking to identify his foe.

"The Inquisition comes for you, beast of darkness. Let the light of Pelor claim you and accept your punishment at my hands!" Once more Tomas charged his foe, this time certain that evil stood before him.

Swift action to activate Justice Judgement, granting +2 sacred bonus to attack rolls
Non-action Knowledge (Religion) check to identify the new foe [roll0] (+9 kn(r) and +4 from monster lore)
Charge attack against acid arrow a-hole:smalltongue:
Attack: [roll1] +8 base, +2 charge, +2 judgement
Damage: [roll2]

kreenlover
2014-04-08, 09:51 AM
The entry is big and spacious. To the right is a small chapel where it is customary to pray. To the left is a guard chamber.
Ahead of you the passage extends away, and you can see your impostor charging down it, heading for a staircase.

The woman freezes, unmoving as the flames continue to lick up her robes. Her eyes widen in fear as the backs of her legs begin to blister and burn.
The Master Librarian shakes himself from his stupor and waves his fingers. A cone of cold sprays from his fingers, freezing the flames solid, saving the books for the moment.
The wave rushes towards Tomas, then bends around him, and freezes a cloud of mist solid. The mist drops back into a man who glares at Tomas as he raises the wand again.

You charge towards the vampire slash across his chest. The wound begins to heal almost as soon as it is opened, but the creature hisses in pain.
"I don't have time to cross blades with an Inquisitor. Every moment I delay here is one less moment to spend furthering my plans. I leave this mission in your hands assassins!" he cries out as he returns to mist and begins to flow towards the ceiling.
Then a wave of cold washes over you, parting around you. You can feel that it would freeze the flesh from your bones, but it misses you to catch the mist. Half of it freezes and the vampire drops to the ground halfway down the aisle, panting and clutching at his frozen side.
His lips peel back in a snarl revealing his fangs as he raises his wand again.
"Perhaps this will finish you"

AngryCyc
2014-04-08, 10:14 AM
Rossen charges at the impostor, attempting to hit her square in the back with a powerful gore, hopefully catching her totally by surprise with her invisibility, and activating her inquisitor justice against her!

Charge gore attack [roll0]
Confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit damage [roll3]

Should be flatfoot we AC unless she some how can sense me.

Elricaltovilla
2014-04-08, 03:54 PM
Tomas finally saw his enemy for what it was, his most hated foe among all the beasts of the Darkness. He was I'll equipped to deal with this foe though, having no holy water nor stakes on hand. But to have one of the most vile mockeries of glorious Pelor's light before him... such a foe could not escape!

"And just where do you think you will flee to? The light of Pelor surrounds this place. Even if you evade my blade, the fire will see your rotten flesh exposed to the sun. I have slain your kind before, another vampire slain by my hand will be a small thing." Tomas boasted as he raised his blade above his head. He filled his weapon with his hatred of the undead, as the inquisition had taught him. The great sword came down in a vertical cut, aiming to split the vampire in two.

Swift action to activate Undead Bane for 5 rounds, (1+Wis mod)
Attack: [roll0] (+8 base, +2 sacred, +2 bane)
Damage: [roll1] bane: [roll2]

Irish Musician
2014-04-08, 04:37 PM
Delilah, seeing the Master was aware of what was going on and the other two taken care of for the moment, steps right behind Tomas. She sees his injuries and sees that the vampire was stopped. She eyes it with much contempt and she lifts her hand up in front of her, pointing it though Tomas and at the Vampire. The tattoo on her hand glows with the fiery light of the sun, "You shall not leave here alive, ABOMINATION!!" As soon as she is done talking, for it doesn't take long, a large beam shoots our of her hand. It is as bright as the sun and filled with radiant magics of Pelor. It passes through Tomas, healing his wounds form the acid arrow, and it hits the vampire....searing its undead flesh and causing it great pain.

So, I step right behind Tomas and cast my Channel energy. It does [roll0] healing to Tomas and that much damage to the Vampire. If he can save a DC 16 Will then he only takes half damage. AND when I whip out my tattoo and use it with my Channel energy my feat is proc'd. "Any round in which you use your holy symbol as a divine focus for the casting of a spell or to channel positive energy, you count as presenting a holy symbol, chanting prayers, or ringing a hand bell for the purpose of keeping vampires at bay."

Not exactly sure what "keeping vampires at bay" in PF means, but I figured it would be a good thing to have! :smallsmile:

kreenlover
2014-04-08, 09:05 PM
The figure is thrown forwards as your gore attack hits home.
She spins as she flows back to her feet, growing taller as she goes and her face melts from you to the smooth smooth skin of a doppelganger.
"Strike me again mortal, and you shall know my wrath"
The doppelganger draws a thin rapier and strikes an en-garde pose.
Then, there is a clap of thunder, and one of the many smiting traps activates. There is a flash of blinding light, then the infiltrator lies twitching on the ground, clothes still smoldering.

The vampire deflects Tomas' strike with his bracer, then cringes as Delilah's light hits him, and takes a step away from the Holy Symbol.
"Well, if you insist. Swarm spell!"
Five pale grey darts leap from the tip of his wand and bury themselves in your flesh, darting around Tomas to strike at Delilah.
He then tosses the wand aside and glares at Tomas balefully. Already red eyes flash a deeper red, and they seem as two vortices, pools, sinkholes, something...deep.
"Inquisitor. Your will....your soul. It belongs to me. You... Are... Mine!"

Cast Magic Missile from the wand.
Delilah
[roll0]

Tomas
You need to make a will save. Or become ensnared by this Vampire's dark will...
You also get to make an AoO on the Vampire as he steps away from Delilah's light.

Elricaltovilla
2014-04-08, 09:36 PM
Tomas

The vampire recoiled from Tomas and Delilah, leaving an opening for Tomas to take another swipe at the creature as it tried to retreat. He could feel its foul will clawing at his mind and soul, seeking to overpower his will and subsume it.

"You will not claim me scum! This day belongs to Pelor and the Inquisition!" Tomas roared as he tried to fight off the vampire's will.

Attack of Opportunity on the retreating vampire
Attack: [roll0] (+8 base, +2 Bane, +2 sacred)
Damage: [roll1] bane: [roll2]

And the Will Save: [roll3] (5 base, 4 ability, +2 vs mind affecting from Mind Sentinel Medallion)

Irish Musician
2014-04-08, 10:02 PM
Delilah sees the darts come towards her and hit her. The vampire smiles in amusement, but he is sorely disappointed. The dart, while they do hit her, do not hurt her as much as he would like. She looks up at him and smiles, "My turn devil...." Delilah's eyes, too, glow with brighter color and she locks eyes with the Vampire as he tries to take control of Tomas.

Gaze attack, Dazed for 2 rounds unless a DC 19 Fort saves.

AngryCyc
2014-04-09, 06:01 PM
Rossen thinks for a moment about all the different questions she would like to interrogate out of this impostor, and imagines all the forms of coercion at her disposal in making such a creature talk. The thoughts quickly pass as she remembers how personal this was, and being a bit affronted by it, instead rips out the creatures throat.

Coup de grace: Damage [roll0]
Also that damage +10 fort save or she dies instantly.

kreenlover
2014-04-12, 09:32 PM
"Rah!" The vampire hisses in anger as the sword cleaves more of its flesh and the gave attack fails to do anything.
But then it smiles as it calmly meets Delilah's gaze.
"Little half-breed, your gaze does nothing to hurt me. Save it for the living. And if I cannot turn you, then I shall burn you.
""Lilteern!"
A wave of flames bursts forth from behind you both, catching you in the wave and flinging you, burning, flailing, flying, to the ground. In the midst of the conflagration you hear the laughter of the vampire and then a single word. "Tenmeern!"
By the time you look up, the vampire has disappeared.

The thing quivers and dies as its throat is forcibly removed.
Moments later Templars run in, halberds at the ready to see what triggered the trap.
They pause to look at the body, and at Rossen, then motion her forwards.
"Here too... You'd better come to a medium level right now Lady. The higher and lower levels are rife with structural damage and assassins. It was a mass assault; roughly a quarter of the high Clergy was killed at first guess"

Umm...what? :smalltongue:

Once again, Rossen defies all expectations

AngryCyc
2014-04-13, 06:17 AM
Rossen nods, grabbing a handful of cloth from the creature and wiping her muzzle off, cleaning away the blood and gore, before lowering her veil back down and following the Templar."Tell me everything I need to know, and let's hurry..."

OoC: Oh it all makes sense in character to her. Couple chumps failing at killing her? Pity them... it's probably lower-class economics at play. No point in killing them, as they aren't a real threat. Monster disguised as her? Her pride takes over... Screw that monster for trying to impersonate her. And besides, what good would it do keeping it alive? She fully believes any information it would have given up she could have figured out for herself given a few days.

Elricaltovilla
2014-04-13, 06:41 AM
Tomas fumed that his fled had escaped his clutches. He removed his acid soaked clothing before it burned through his skin, and soaked it in a fountain outside the library.

After saving his clothes, Tomas returned to survey the damage. He looked for the other assassins, hoping to find someone to interrogate.

Perception: [roll0]
]

Irish Musician
2014-04-13, 08:36 AM
After putting herself out and rolling around for a moment, Delilah gets up. Still smoking a little, she follows Tomas over to the other two assassins and makes sure the Master Librarian is doing ok. "Sir, are you ok? Are you hurt?" Putting herself between him and the assassins, she turns to them with a spell on the tip of her tongue should they come back to consciousness from the spells she put on them.

kreenlover
2014-04-13, 08:53 PM
"Assassins hit everywhere and everyone. Undead, monsters, normal people, our own clergy; everyone turned against us and tried to kill people with energized dagger that parted even metal like it was nothing. We don't know how many are dead, but it is too many. There is word of a special Inquisition, but, nobody really knows.
"Now, if you'll just come this way"
They start down a hallway that doesn't take you to the upper floors, or at least not a way that you've ever come before. In fact, it seems like they are taking you to the dungeons.

The High Librarian steps away from the two of you as you approach.
"Children...please. I'm fine. But, I have to ask, why did the two of you kill the assassins? We could have asked them questions if they had been left alive"
As he speaks you both notice that the assassin stopped by Delilah has a silvered dagger sticking out of her chest while the one terrified by Tomas has been burnt to a crisp. The silvered dagger has the same gem on the hilt that is one Delilah's necklace, while the one that has been burnt has a symbol of Pelor branded into his chest.
"And in such brutal ways after they had already been subdued as well...why would you do such a thing unless you-" he stops and looks at the two of you.
"Unless you had something you wished to hide with their deaths. Hurry, come here, right now. Sheathe your weapons, stop your spells. I'll get you out of here. I know that the two of you are no traitors, but I saw you with my own eyes kill those two. Others will have as well. I'll get you both to a way out of here before they come to the same conclusion I almost did"
He turns and motions for the both of you to follow him deeper into the library.

I read your comment about her still smoking a little and got an image of Delilah running over to the high librarian with a stogie in her mouth, and beginning to talk with a new york accent.

And yah, today is a big day for the Church. So many assassinations :p
And where there are assassinations, there needs to be blame

AngryCyc
2014-04-13, 09:00 PM
"oh..?"

Sense Motive and guidance, because... ya know. Screw everyone and everything.

[roll0]

Elricaltovilla
2014-04-13, 10:51 PM
The head librarian's words made the already agitated Tomas irate. Brutal murder? He had saved the fool's life! Subdued? Not even remotely, they had been in the midst of destroying the library and enacting terror upon the citizens of Tutus. Tomas had not even delivered a killing blow to any of these assassins, and had hoped to keep one alive for interrogation. Tomas surveyed the bodies, this was a joke of a set up, and he should know. He took his greatsword and plunged the blade through the burned mark of Pelor, orbscuring the symbol. Then, he grabbed the jeweled dagger out of the chest of the other victim, careful to cover his hand with his sleeve so as not to touch it directly until he could examine the weapon safely. Finally, Tomas looked around for the book that had twice thwarted his attempts to resolve more to his liking. If such a tome could so easily thwart his god given duty, it must obviously be a tool of great evil, and thus destruction was the only proper fate for it.

A very peeved Tomas Guzman followed the head librarian, the look on his face making it abundantly clear that any attempt to converse would probably end very painfully.

I don't know if I need a perception check per se, but your posts seemed to imply that Tomas tripped over the same book twice, so he's going to take it as an omen that the book is important.

Perception check to find the book that Tomas tripped over twice: [roll0]

Irish Musician
2014-04-15, 11:14 AM
Dellilah looks taken aback and surprised at the Master's claims. "Sir! You know me better than most and you know I would never do anything like this. Pelor's gifts he gives me are not violent ones, and mainly used by me to non-violently subdue attackers. I have no spells to do the things that happened to these people." Delilah then checks on both of the enemies to see if they are still alive. She also pulls the dagger out of the woman's chest and inspects it.

Perception for the dagger to tell if it is silvered [roll0]

Heal check on the two to see if they are completely dead or if she can save them. [roll1]

Also, what necklace? Delilah has no necklace :smallconfused:

kreenlover
2014-04-15, 09:14 PM
It seems that these two are not being entirely above board with you. They...seem to be leading you to the dungeons.
This feeling is only reinforced when two more guards step out from an adjoining hallway and march along behind you, pikes at the ready.
Another few steps lets you pass in front of a cross-corridor. Before you can cross past it an Inquisitor steps out, a lean, mean man named Dashiro Qwee. He has long been a proponent of the fact that there is corruption within the Church, and the need for an internal Inquisition, ignoring the fact that he is possibly the most corrupt of all.
"...Rossen. It is good that I find you here and not with more dead people around you. You are being placed under arrest. Surrender your weapons, and prepare to be placed into casting gauntlets to stop you from casting spells"

casting gauntlets are large clunky metal things that weigh your arms down, act as handcuffs, and also lock all your fingers together like a large inflexible metal mitten

As Tomas stabs the one assassin through the chest and Delilah grabs at the dagger checking the blade as she pulls it out, the Head Librarian motions impatiently. He grows frantic as he sees someone enter the library behind you.
"Hsst. Hurry! Its Brallian Nater!" Brallian Nater is the crony of the most noxious poisonous Inquisitor out there, Dashiro Qwee. However if Qwee is a giant stinging scorpion, Nater is a small scavenger that rides on the thing's back, stealing what it can, and always supporting its ride.
Nater is not a nice man, almost less nice than Qwee, and will follow Qwee's orders without question. Now he has arrived with a score of junior Templars and armsmen in tow. You've both had especially bad dealings with Qwee in the past, but no worse than any other member of the Clergy.
As Tomas grabs A Treatise on the Dangers of Falling and How to Avoid it from the floor the Head Librarian leads the both of you into a darker corner of the library. Tapping his staff three times on the floor then standing on Pelor's sunburst as he leans his weight against the nearest shelf he motions the two of you forwards.
As you approach one of the shelves slides back, then left revealing a dark and dank looking passageway.
"Its kept lightless so that nobody can see light around the cracks in the door. You had best go now. I'll try and clear your names. This leads into the lower levels, and has a second passage that splits off. That second one, the left turn, goes to the dungeons. The right one goes to an Undercity exit, and thence to the Sewers if you do not exit there.
"Pelor guide you children, and just stay low until I send word that your names have been cleared. I sense a greater foe at work here, especially if they seek to sully the names of our own members along with assassinate others.
"Now go!"
From behind you in the main chamber you can hear Nater barking orders and taking testimonies. After a brief second he roars "Tomas! Loremaster! Reveal yourselves so we can shoot you!" A murmured voice. "Right! Reveal yourselves so we can arrest you!"

AngryCyc
2014-04-15, 09:38 PM
Rossen mutters out "None are safe on this dark day..." and she casts Sound Burst, targeting as many of surrounding guards as she can, and willingly including herself in the area of effect if it hits more of them. Any who are stunned by it, she immediately tries to directly run past, trying to distance herself as she continues muttering I must away... I must away..."

DC17 Fort save or stunned for one round, deaf people are immune to the stunning. Additionally 1d8 sonic damage to anyone it hits, no save.

Misfortune to reroll for whichever guard rolls the highest, preferably a nat 20 but if none of them roll a 20, then whoever has a 17, 18, or 19 rerolls it.

[roll0] sonic damage to herself if she ends up in the area of the spell like I assume she will.

Elricaltovilla
2014-04-15, 10:37 PM
Tomas Guzman

In the Dark Tunnel

Although Delilah likely cannot see him, Tomas places a finger to his lips and hisses for silence. He makes his way along the tunnel, feeling in the dark with his hand, careful to remain as stealthy as possible.

Taking 10 on a stealth check to move through the tunnel (25 total) silently and taking 10 on perception to navigate (26 total)

Irish Musician
2014-04-16, 06:48 PM
Delilah comes to the realization of what the master speaks. "We're being....set up...." Delilah pockets the dagger with the thing that looks like her stone on it and follows the Master to the tunnel. "Thank you for all you have done. Rest assured that we will find out who has done this to us. Do not follow us down the tunnel, I will be leaving a little present for anyone that does." She then disappears into the tunnel.

Once down the tunnel a little ways, of which Delilah can see in just fine, she stops Tomas and motions to him to hold on a second. Just behind her, she casts a special spell, sketching a rune into the ground that glows with a pale yellow light, and then disappears into the stone. She looks at Tomas and makes a "exploding" motion with her hands, in case he can see it. She then motions him to lead on, placing a hand on his shoulder and guiding him down the tunnel so that he doesn't hit his head on anything.

Delilah will cast Blast Rune on a square from where they have already come from, behind them. That way, if anyone comes down the tunnel behind them, they will get a surprise. She can cast it 8 times per day, so she will put 2 more in the tunnel as well as they move along. 1d6+3 fire(set by me when the rune is cast) dmg is what it does as soon as they enter the square. They last 6 rounds (maybe a little more if the RP is right :smallwink:) and they can be seen by a DC26 perception, and disabled by Disable device with the same DC.

kreenlover
2014-04-16, 08:12 PM
Qwee falls backwards with a muttered invective as the guards jerk backwards at the boom, and instinctively put their hands to their ears.
"You shall not escape Lycan!" Qwee roars as he gives chase, shouldering aside a guard as he draws his blade and ducks his shoulder.
If he catches you, it will be a close thing. Qwee is well known for being the best dueler in the clergy.
"Roooosseeeeeen!" he roars as he barrels after you down the corridors. But, your spell still in effect, you far outdistance him.

The tunnel is long and dark, but clean...ish. Asides from the cobwebs and mouse droppings though, its good. It goes on for quite some ways before reaching a spiral staircase that leads down...and down and down.
And down.
Finally you come to the first of the mentioned intersections. A short way down the cross corridor you can...actually see into the hallway, where four stunned guards are just moving again. You can hear a cry of "Roooosseeeeeen!" fading away as the guards stir.
Seeing movement they lower halberds.
"Friend or foe! Come out now either way!"

Seeing not undead, not assassins, but fellow clergymen, the leader relaxes, while another openly wipes his brow in relief.
"We hunt traitors, one among our ranks that Qwee has identified as a Lycan! Will ye aid us?"
"But, sir...Qwee said that there were other traitors, and they we should only trust those that had been with him at the time of the attack!"
"If we distrust everyone, then how will we get anywhere? I've heard Inquisitor Tomas' reputation; he's a trustworthy man"

Elricaltovilla
2014-04-16, 09:59 PM
Tomas Guzman

Tomas nodded acknowledgement of the recognition he'd earned through service to Pelor.

"We have heard no tell of werewolves. But other creatures of the night have already struck against the light. A vampire's brood has already attempted an assault on the library. If you know me then you know I do not lie." Tomas's tone was severe. "As of this moment, I am assuming command of your unit. You will follow my orders and we will search these tunnels until I have ascertained the severity of Inquisitor Qwee's claim."

Sense Motive to detect duplicity from the guards. [roll0]

Irish Musician
2014-04-17, 09:58 AM
Delilah lets Tomas do the talking because, well, she isn't much of a leader at all. However she does have a question for the guards, "Of whom does Qwee speak of? Do we know this person, have they been a part of the Inquisition long?" Delilah then goes about looking at the guards for injuries, "Now let me look at you....I am a priestess after all.....stop fussing!"

kreenlover
2014-04-17, 03:55 PM
The guards oblige, lowering their weapons as Delilah tends to their wounds. As they speak you both notice that they are kind of shouting, and then Delilah notices the blood leaking from their ears.
Loud boom likely.
"It was that odd one, Rossen. The Inquisitor who always wears the veil? Qwee said that she is really a Lycan in disguise. I think that we should follow in case more assassins try and kill Qwee, but once we've got her in her cell we can go through the tunnels"

AngryCyc
2014-04-19, 12:14 PM
Rossen quickly outpaces the enraged man... sprinting down corridors, and taking sporadic cuts and turns through hallways, even doubling back on herself a few times in an attempt to lose him. She keeps an eye out for any more attackers assaulting the church that she might be able to loser herself amongst.

[roll0]

Elricaltovilla
2014-04-20, 07:42 PM
Rossen. Tomas recalled the veiled inquisitor, although they'd never worked closely. She had proven herself, and her service to Pelor meant she deserved a small measure of kindness. Capture, not kill. If she truly was a lycanthrope, Tomas would allow her to face her death with dignity.

Once the guards were restored, Tomas addressed them.

"We are dealing with a member of the Inquisition. Lycanthrope her service to Pelor up to this point deserves our gratitude, and her skills deserve our respect. If she has turned from the light of Pelor, she may be one of the most dangerous enemies we will face. But until that can be determined, we seek capture, not death."

Irish Musician
2014-04-21, 12:20 AM
Delilah hadn't worked with her much either, but the times she had she never got anything but kindness and help from Rossen. Delilah looked quizzically at the soliders, "And how, exactly, does Qwee know that she is a Lycan? Does he have proof? Did he show it to you? Or are you just going on his word?" Delilah gives them her best skeptical look, "I would not be so quick to condemn one of our own without complete and utterly undoubted proof that she is a Lycan. We shall go find her and Tomas and I will get her to talk to us. You lot will keep your distance and not scare her off, as well as not make a move on her without express permission from either Tomas or myself. If those orders are not carried out, I will bring you to swift discipline myself.....and that you definitely do not want. I have read every book on torture there is......." Delilah lets her words hang in the air for a moment and then turns to Tomas. "We need to find her as soon as we can. We know not if these claims of her are even true, and need to let her tell her side of the story before jumping to any conclusions. Now, where did she run off to?"

kreenlover
2014-04-22, 08:17 PM
As the group starts off after Rossen the 'lycan' in question is continuing her mad dash, currently doubling back.
Right out of a side corridor and into a hard muscled man.
As both Tomas and Rossen hit the floor the guards leap back in surprise, and present halberds, before backing off a step at Delilah's look.

Irish Musician
2014-04-23, 10:22 AM
Delilah turns around to meet the soldiers, "Put those things away! NOW!" She then hurries over to the side of Rossen, knowing Tomas was just fine. "Dear, please do not fear me. You know me and we have worked together before. I will be honest with you, something is happening int he church. Assassinations everywhere and many claims being throw about. But I tell you now, I am not here to harm you, nor do I want to see you harmed. You are a good soul, Rossen, and I hope you trust me when I say this." Delilah places her hand on Rossen's shoulder, giving her an assurance, but also to check something. If Rossen lets the touch happen, Delilah will then invoke a little power of hers that does not harm at all. In fact, to the recipient, nothing odd seems to happen at all, but Delilah can tell things about them.

So, if Rossen allows Delilah's touch then Delilah will cast her "Lore Keeper" granted spell. It does this: You can touch a creature to learn about its abilities and weaknesses, with a 26 on the Knowledge Check. Usually it is a touch attack, but if Rossen allows the touch then I don't believe I need to make a touch attack. If I do, let me know and I'll roll one.

Whatever info Delilah gleans off Rossen, she will be keeping to herself.

AngryCyc
2014-04-23, 12:25 PM
She quickly stammers off with "Yes I knew there was trouble before I even arrived at the church. Two assassins met me on the street... and upon arriving at the church, a doppleganger was impersonating me. You'll find it's body up stairs no doubt. I'm afraid Qwee is either behind it, or has taken the opportunity to gain a little edge for his own political reasons.

And forgive me but I do not trust you, any of you, or these guards. So long as no open displays of threat are provoked against me though, I will seek reason. I have in my possession a prophecy of these events and I would greatly like to avoid Qwee on the way to speak to the High Priest. He is the only one I could possibly trust with this information. All the rest of you... well. It's just as likely for you to be assassins and conspirators as anything else. I can only trust myself and those who would have no reason to betray the Church..." Knowing Delilah and hoping, maybe, for an ally at last in all this confusion, Rossen thinks nothing as she attempts to touch her.

This... probably won't help things, but it's how it has to be:

Will save against an ability that forces or reveals the truth, with all my bonuses; [roll0] And even if that fails, if you detect my alignment in the process, it reads as True Neutral.

kreenlover
2014-04-23, 05:09 PM
The guards tighten their fingers around their halberds again at Rossen's words.
"Inquisitor Qwee is a good man, and would never do such a thing! In fact, I believe that he may have been right all along about not trusting anyone"
They lower the halberds as they all move out to encircle the group (as best they can; the tunnel Rossen came down is still un-blocked) and the captain draws his saber, which he points at Rossen's chin.
"Stay down. I won't hurt or harm you, but I cannot allow you to escape or have free movement until Qwee arrives. He'll be able to tell the truth. That goes for you two as well" he gestures at Delilah and Tomas with his free hand before pulling an orb from his belt pocket.
You all recognize it; its one of the new communication orbs that are in development. Often finicky, often non-working, often easily scryed, they still allow for near continuous conversation on a longer range than most other spells or devices.
"I should have done this when you two first arrived"

AngryCyc
2014-04-23, 05:27 PM
"Good man?? He is a charismatic, selfish, power-hungry tyrant smart enough to draw in the obtuse and feeble-minded with his pretty words and meaningless actions... while disguising his ability to manipulate and tweak situations to his favor. Maybe he didn't orchestrate these assassins, but he's certainly using the confusion to gain a measure of power over those he was not able to before. That is NOT what makes a good man. That is what makes for a smart man with too much ambition.

Woe be that I too would have had the chances to sweet talk all the guards into blindly following my orders, without asking for any proof or reasons there of. And yes, before you can say anything contrary, I do know for a fact that he is misleading you if he has hinted for even a second that there is any reason to place me under arrest. I above all others am least likely to be guilty of heresy... Unlike those HIDDEN LYCANTHROPES even amongst your own number..."

She spits all of this out incredibly quickly, with no movement from her body, but careful, purposeful nods, juts, and rolls of her head while her veiled-face remains hidden. She ends with an almost snarl as her gaze snaps into the direction of one of the further away guard members.

Di-... diplomacy to make the guards doubt Qwee, and to doubt even themselves... [roll0]

And intimidate during the part about lycanthropes to scare any potential lycans in the group into revealing themselves... maybe? Accidentally? [roll1] Hey it could happen!

Irish Musician
2014-04-23, 06:33 PM
Delilah pulls out her best frightening look at the soldiers and walks right in front of the Captain, "Captain, look at me, do you know who I am?! I am one of the most knowledgeable and well read people in the whole Clergy, next to my Master & not to mention the entire city itself. Pelor grants me the knowledge I need to weed out Lycans and evil fiends. Do you not think I would have, in my previous dealings with Rossen, detected her being a Lycan? Use your brains for once and think!! Through Pelor I just used my powers to check the claims of Qwee, and I found nothing harmful, evil, or otherwise about Rossen here. If you cannot believe her, then you can believe me, and by Pelor and all the gods if you do not put that thing away I shall make you put it away." Delilah is now standing directly in front of the Captain and her feet and even standing just on his toes. She looks up into his face with hers, inches from it, daring him to defy her. She isn't usually so tough, but with all the craziness that has just happened, she will not let anyone get taken advantage of....not on her watch. She then continues almost at a whisper, "Do you not think we were not also attacked? Do you not think that there is something bigger going on here? Of course not, because you are just following orders. Mark my words, Captain, do not push me.....you will not like the feeling of Pelor's wrath upon you." Delilah just stares into the man's eyes, and while she makes herself ready to let go her gaze a moment's notice, she does not do it yet.....hoping the man will see reason.

Elricaltovilla
2014-04-23, 09:41 PM
Tomas stands up, dusts himself off and turns to face the agitated Templars.

"That is ENOUGH!" He roared at the top of his lungs. "As acting head of this patrol, and a member of the inquisition of the HIGHEST standing, everyone here is ordered to lay down arms AT ONCE. Anyone who fails to do so will be considered insubordinate, and will be brought in for questioning on the end of my blade. I've already slain one vampire today, I will not hesitate to unleash my blade on other enemies of Pelor."

Tomas unsheathed his greatsword and waved it in a threatening fashion.

Intimidate roll: [roll0] To get everyone to put down weapons. Fingers crossed for a nat 20 lol.

kreenlover
2014-04-24, 10:16 AM
As Delilah turns and walks towards the captain he swings his blade about to stop her a few feet away, the blade just shy of her breast.
As Tomas leaps to his feet the captain squeezes the orb so that it begins to glow, and begins to say something before Rossen begins to speak.
When she stops some of the guards look surprised, and a few of the younger guards begin to lower their weapons at Tomas' barked order, but the captain glares around at them all.
"I don't care whether you are Lycans. What I care about is the fact that assassins attacked the Church. We saw a few, and they killed themselves when they were caught out. Now, all I know is that Qwee and the men with me now are not allied with the assassins, because we were all targeted for assassination, and Qwee even tried to keep the assassin alive for interrogation.
"Now, you were walking around in secret tunnels, and Rossen tried to run away from us when we were just going to ask her questions. She assaulted us with a spell.
"Those sound like the actions of a guilty person to me, and I'm sorry, but they will to Qwee as well"
"Indeed they do. I thank you Captain for holding these potential traitors long enough for me to arrive"
Qwee steps out of the tunnel, a glint in his eye.
"Now, if you will kindly lower any magical defenses you have in place and allow me to cast this spell, don't resist mind, I shall ascertain the truth"
He smirks as he steps forwards, one hand still holding his gleaming rapier, the other moving through the gestures of a complex invocation.

Elricaltovilla
2014-04-24, 11:27 AM
"And what spell would that be, Inquisitor Qwee?" Tomas asks, keeping his weapon ready. "I'll not allow myself to be subject to a spell without knowing its purpose, fellow inquisitor or no."

Spellcraft check to identify spell being cast by Qwee: [roll0]
Sense Motive on Qwee, checking to see if he intends to harm us regardless: [roll1]

Irish Musician
2014-04-24, 12:32 PM
"Are you ears full of wax?! I just told you we were in the tunnels to escape the assassins. If I were guilty why, then, would we have continued running with you? Hmmm? I have been nothing but faithful to Pelor since I was found here twenty-six years ago, I dare you to find any instance where I have not been loyal." She then turns to Qwee, the insufferable man, and answers him, "I shall do no such thing until I know what spell you are casting and until I get an explanation, a logical one, as to why you think we are traitors. Until then, consider yourself defended against. No one casts a spell upon me without me knowing what it is....and no one casts a spell on me without my permission, and doesn't feel the wrath of Pelor in return. Watch yourself Qwee.....you may be powerful, but I will be damned if you think you can push completely loyal Inquisitors around. You need evidence to bring such intense claims on an Inquisitor......I know the law, I have read it many, many times." Fires burn in Delilah's eyes and not one person has ever seen her quite as fired up as she is right now. Her hands at her sides raise up and cast a small spell, trying to figure out what it is Qwee is casting, as she puts herself in between the soldiers and Rossen.

Alright, Sense motive on Qwee as well [roll0]

Spellcraft [roll1] to figure out what he is casting, as well as casting Detect Magic to figure it out a well.

AngryCyc
2014-04-24, 12:43 PM
Rossen lets the others do the arguing. She also lets her claws start to grow out again.

She readies an attack against anyone moving against her.

kreenlover
2014-04-24, 04:08 PM
Qwee takes a quick step backwards and flicks his blade up and around to point at Delilah.
"Apologies, but no spellcasting. As to the spell, I'm casting a simple charm to ensure that you tell the truth, the whole truth, and well, nothing but the truth"
His smirk is gone now as he glares around at the three of you.
"And to be quite fair, I have no idea why you all seem determined to one, slander my name, and two, aggressively oppose me on this. I am merely trying to get to the truth here.
"Besides, you all seem to be forgetting that I too am an Inquisitor of Pelor, and a loyal servant of His Truth. Now, you may have been raised here from birth, and you may have your horrible disfigurement that you can say led you to him, and well, I don't know what justification you can give your complete and utter honesty asides from waving your sword, but I am just as loyal as all of you claim to be. And, unfortunately, this is the truth as I see it. I can trust those who were with me at the time of the attack.
"That number right now includes these men, Brallian Nater, and the armsmen that he took with him. There was also Clergyman Fraktius, Brother Candidus and Healer Demonstrates"
Fraktius and Demonstrates are also both known as being friendly with Qwee. Candidus however is not part of Qwee's group.
"Now, I'm sorry, but if you refuse to let me cast my truth spell, then I have cause to doubt you. Right now one of us has to trust the other. And, since I have force of arms here, I am sorry, but you must trust me"
He begins to cast again when the captain speaks up.
"Actually Inquisitor, force of arms does not make you correct. It only makes you stronger and more obnoxious. The fact that you are relying upon such a threat as-"
"Oh shut up. Ok, ok, yes, I know, Pelor says that force of arms does not make you right. In this case, when we've been attacked from within? I am sure that Pelor will grant me this one exception. You agree?"
"No"
"Oh Lord! Is this entire Church full of incompetents and fools?"
He turns back to the three of you and whips his rapier back and forth, from one chin to the other.
"How about this? You all put away your weapons, we all put on casting gauntlets and gags, and then we march to the High Inquisitor" His sly smile has returned, but only until he realizes its there; then he wipes it from his face.
Casting gauntlets will stop any of you from using your hands for your weapons, or for your spells.
perception check please

Irish Musician
2014-04-24, 04:29 PM
Delilah is not intimidated by his tactics and speaks up, "And I cannot trust you, Qwee, for the exact same reasons you cannot trust me. I am forgetting nothing, and it is you who seem to be forgetting that we too are Inquisitors of His house, and instead and treating us as common criminals. You claim to be working for the best interest of the church, but your actions are hypocritical of your words and betray them. If you want the truth from me, all you need to do is ask it. And if you want me to go see the High Inquisitor, I will, as long as you invite the High Librarian to meet us there. But you can shove those casting gauntlets up where Pelor's light does not shine, I will not disarm myself in my own house, even if you do not trust me. I don't trust you either and will not leave myself defenseless, even to another Inquisitor. So cast your truth telling charm, but wipe that smugness off your face.....is is unbecoming of an Inquisitor of Pelor." Delilah lowers her hands after giving Qwee her tongue lashing, but does not back down from the man who seems to be trying his hardest to make her.

AngryCyc
2014-04-24, 04:43 PM
perception only if it's not hearing based. If it is I auto fail. Otherwise [roll0]

Rossen perceives.

Elricaltovilla
2014-04-24, 06:10 PM
Tomas arches his eyebrow at Delilah's retort to Inquisitor Qwee. A smirk appears on his face as the reprimand continues, but he brings it under control quickly.

kreenlover
2014-04-24, 08:35 PM
He swishes his rapier back and forth, then down to the side and bows shallowly to Delilah, one arm behind his back.
"You are, of course, correct. I apologize" None of you have ever known Qwee to apologize before.
"Since we are now in agreement that we shall head to the high priest, I shall once more suggest that all four of us don casting gauntlets and gags, and let these fine armsmen who have most definitely showed that they owe neither of us a debt of allegiance or trust, escort us safely there. Unless you question their loyalty as well?
"Now, as for my spell, I repeat, please lower any magical defenses that you may have up, and do not resist it. Can you do that? Or shall we continue this banter of 'I don't trust you, but you don't trust me, so lets just slander each other' some more, hmm? I for one would prefer to actually do something as opposed to waste time like you three seem to wish to do"
He raises one hand and begins to wiggle his fingers, preparing to cast the spell as he looks from one to the other.
As he swishes his rapier to the side you can see his other hand go to his belt first, and rub something gently. As he stands back up you catch a glimpse of a purple glow, the same purple as the communication orb in the captain's hand is glowing.

AngryCyc
2014-04-24, 08:41 PM
"Umm... no? Why would I want you to cast spells on me at all. And of course I have no more reason of trusting your lackey guards as I do you. You keep your spells and your gauntlets away from me. If we're being civil about it and no more weapons are held in my face, I'll gladly join you all to the high priest... but certainly not bound like some prisoner. Not with the attacks I've already seen."

Rossen still keeps her claws sharp... still readied to attack anyone who moves at her.

Elricaltovilla
2014-04-27, 08:42 PM
"I believe you have your answer, Qwee. We either go in together, each as free men and women of the Inquisition, or we do not go in at all." Tomas readies himself for combat. He expects nothing less from Qwee, who is known for his skill with the blade.

Irish Musician
2014-04-28, 01:14 PM
"You have my answer, sir. I answer to the High Inquisitor....not to you. Like Tomas said, we all go in as the free people we are, or none." Delilah stays close to Tomas and Rossen, not letting the guards, or especially Qwee, come near her.

kreenlover
2014-04-29, 07:02 PM
The guards bristle at being referred to as lackeys; it seems that they truly might be in this by accident, and be trying to do their best to follow conflicting sets of orders.
Qwee looks at all three and shrugs.
"If that is how you wish to play it..."
He swings his sword up with a swish and then whips it past Rossen's face, just catching her veil and then letting it go without tugging it too far aside, and into his scabbard. He doesn't seem to be showboating, but maybe trying to remind you all of his swordsmanship skills.
"If you say that we are going to the High Inquisitor, I suggest that we go. However, my suggestion of restraints was merely to remove this next question; who shall walk in front? I personally want all of you where I can see, and no doubt the guards wish the same.
"Of course, you also wish the same of these guards and myself. I suggest a compromise. We each pair up with someone, the captain here with one of you, myself with one of you, and the third of you with another guardsman. We each walk side by side down these halls, two abreast. The remaining guards will split equally front and back.
"That way you three can watch each others backs, and should you turn traitor, the guards and I will not be at a disadvantage.
"It gives the added benefit of not allowing you to run away and shirk your duty"
He gestures expansively, as if to say "How can you turn down such a reasonable offer, such a reasonable man" and then waits for your responses, tapping his cheek in impatience.
"Remember, every moment that we delay here, other assassins could be getting away. The sooner your names are cleared" by his sudden sneer, you can all tell how unlikely he believes that to be "The sooner I can move on to trying to find other traitors"

AngryCyc
2014-04-29, 07:28 PM
"I'll stay with a guardsmen in the back, thanks. I'm at a bit of a disadvantage not being able to hear any commotion behind me... so I'll need to see that everything is okay up front."

kreenlover
2014-04-29, 07:54 PM
"Wait, why can't you hear? And why didn't I know this sooner?"
He pauses, and looks at her.
"Are you deaf? Have you just been reading my lips the entire time?"
He seems actually, genuinely, really confused.

AngryCyc
2014-04-29, 08:03 PM
"... yeah?"

Elricaltovilla
2014-04-29, 08:06 PM
Tomas considered the proposition. He didn't doubt his fellow inquisitors' skills in combat, but of the three, he believed that he had the best chance if it came to blows with Qwee.

"You and I shall walk together, Qwee. I don't wish to tarry here any longer than is necessary. There are true monsters that need to see the light of Pelor."

Irish Musician
2014-04-30, 09:20 AM
"I will walk up front and you can watch me all you want.....but of the four of us, Qwee, I am the least dangerous being a scholar and a healer. However," she pauses, "do not mistake my outward appearance of weakness to be anything but that." With that, Delilah turns facing the way to the High Inquisitor and starts walking. She doesn't, however, let her guard down and immediately keeps a spell on the tip of her tongue just in case.

kreenlover
2014-04-30, 10:20 AM
Qwee shakes his head as he falls into step beside Tomas.
"You are not dangerous, but I shouldn't underestimate you? What a novel way to put me at ease while making me nervous. It definitely didn't stop me from being either of those and merely make me amused"
He smirks at Delilah again as the group forms up.
After about five minutes of walking, the group enters a larger space.
While crossing through, a dozen shapes materialize out of the shadows, led by the short sneering form of Brallian Nater.
"Glad I found you boss. You have no idea how hard it was to get the evidence that these two are in fact guilty. The High Librarian kept trying to hide it, so we arrested him too. I see you caught the third one"
As he levels his staff at Delilah and the other Templars point swords, axes, and halberds at Rossen and Delilah, Qwee rolls to his left away from Tomas and comes up with his blade pointed at Tomas' breast.
"Time for you to be coming with us, back to the dungeons"
Qwee sneers again, this time in triumph as the guards you had been walking with look up in surprise at the sudden appearance.
"My apologies Captain, but we can't let these traitors anywhere near the High Priest. They'll try and kill him.
"In fact, quick, search the Lycan. She was passed the same wand as the assassins had, and she planned to use it on the High Priest I am sure"

AngryCyc
2014-04-30, 11:12 AM
"THAT HAPPENED OUTSIDE OF THE WALLS OF THE CHURCH! HOW DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE ASSASSINS WHO CAME AFTER ME OR THE WAND I TOOK OFF THEM?! TRAITOR. IT WAS YOU THAT ORCHESTRATED ALL THIS!! NO OTHER WAY COULD YOU KNOW THAT I HAVE THE WAND ON ME."

Rossen touches the guard whom she was walking next to, channeling a bit of the power of the moon into him and sending him into a Rage. "DO NOT TRUST THAT TRAITOR. HE HAS PROVEN HIS GUILT." She screams in fury as she points to Qwee, getting ready to cast her own spell at the man.

Initiative probably. Sorry guys. [roll0]
And then casting Oracle's Burden once more to make Qwee deaf and wolf-mouth'd.. Will DC 17 to resist. Misfortune on him if he rolls high.

Interestingly enough, casting Oracle's Burden takes nothing more than a thought since it only has a Verbal component, and all her spells are casts as Silent Spell so no components or warnings at all... just.. POOF.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to explain, using the Mantle of Moonlight ability to put the guard next to me into Rage as per the spell... so basically exactly like a barbarian rage, no CHA- INT- or DEX- based skills, +STR and CON, and ...ya know. Rage.

Irish Musician
2014-04-30, 11:14 AM
"It was not meant as a threat, Qwee, only as information to take as you like." Right as she starts walking other guards run up to them, as well as Nater. She listens to what he says and her mouth drops open. "As Inquisitors, guilty or not, we still have certain rights. A right to see the evidence against me and the right to talk to the High Priest and a trial, and a right to know the charges and what it is that we have allegedly done. Now take me to the priest right now." Then she turns to Qwee, "You do not get to make false claims on her purely because you have something against her. Put your pride aside, if in fact you can, and think logically and fairly. Why, in the name of Pelor, would she keep a weapon that was used to harm someone else, Hmmm? Use your brains!"

Delilah then hears Rossen screaming at Qwee and knows what is about to transpire, so she readies herself for it, casting a divine shield around her.

I get a +3 to AC casting Shield of Faith, Making my AC 20

Elricaltovilla
2014-04-30, 11:54 AM
Tomas listened to his fellow "traitors" and their justified arguments. He was starting to see the bits and pieces of what was happening, and it stoked a cold, jaded fury in him.

"I wouldn't waste words with this one. You've played your hand early Qwee, which means that the evidence you have against us isn't enough to convince anyone but yourself. If your evidence of our alleged crimes was enough to actually put us in the dungeons, you would have brought us before the High Inquisitor yourself, and in that position we would have no hope of escape. Instead, all you and your fellow conspirators have done is put yourselves within my grasp. Now, I suggest you sheathe your weapon before I feed it to you."

Tomas didn't stop and wait for a reply, he stepped backwards, drawing his weapon and unleashed the fury of Pelor on his foes. "Know the burning light of righteousness and surrender!" He shouted as waves of flame rippled out from him.

5 foot step: to an open space at least 5 ft away from Qwee and other guards (trying to avoid concentration check/AoO to cast)

Standard Action: Blistering Invective (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/blistering) (damn this is a good spell)
-Intimidate to Demoralize All Foes in 30 ft.- [roll0]
-Fire Damage All Foes in 30 ft.- [roll1]
-Reflex Save or Catch Fire- DC 16
-Potential Concentration Check- [roll2] (+6 CL, +4 Combat Casting)

Swift Action: Justice Judgement (+2 sacred bonus on Attack Rolls for encounter)
-No Judgements left for day

kreenlover
2014-05-01, 07:14 PM
As Tomas roars his anger Qwee sneers at him.
"Oh please"
Then the wave of fire washes over him, and he swats at the flames swearins, even as the armsmen all start yelling, both in fear and in pain as the flames wash over them.
The captain turns to look at Tomas with hurt and betrayal in his eyes and cries "Seize the traitors!"
Qwee nods and stands tall, his sword slashing back and forth.
"Don't do this Inquisitor. I respect you as a fellow servant of Pelor. There is still a chance to turn your back on evil. Join us, join us in the light!"
His last word is punctuated by a dramatic flair as his left hand swings up and over to be pointed at Tomas. His ring flares, and the symbol of Pelor is superimposed on the air before him as he strikes a pose.
"Let this prayer bring strength to my allies and doom to my enemies!"
Meanwhile about half the guards are frantically patting at the flames that have caught in their clothes. Qwee glares straight at Tomas, and his eyes promise a retribution.
Then there is a bang as Nater fires a lightning bolt from his wand. The darting bolts of electricity crackle forwards and slam into Tomas, weakening him, even as the remaining soldiers who are not on fire charge at Rossen, or raise crossbows.
The armsmen either drop to the floor to extinguish the flames, or point their weapons at Tomas, Rossen and Delilah.
"Stand down!" The Captain cries, spinning to strike at Delilah.

Qwee's will save [roll0]
Nater's spell damage (like magic missile, there is no save) [roll1]
Charge attacks against Rossen.
[roll2]
dmg[roll3]
[roll4]
dmg[roll5]
Attack vs Delilah
[roll6]
[roll7]

You guys have unleashed Hell...
By the way, a houserule to be nice to you guys. Those who I classify as 'mooks' don't get double damage on a critical. You guys like that idea, or want to keep it as normal?
People like Qwee, Nater, and the guard captain will, people like the soldiers or armsmen...not so much.

EDIT: Dang, forgot shaken. So, the attacks on Rossen get -2 to the attack rolls.

Elricaltovilla
2014-05-01, 07:58 PM
Feeling the sting of foul magic, Tomas wastes no time in taking down the caster. He spins and charges Mater, filling his great sword with the magic to wound mortal flesh.

Swift action for one round of Bane of Humanoids (humans)
Charge attack vs. Nater (moving to E14)
Attack: [roll0] (+7 base, +1 enhance, +2 sacred, +2 bane, +2 charge)
Damage: [roll1] Bane: [roll2]
AC= 15 for 1 rd
Damage taken: 9

kreenlover
2014-05-01, 08:17 PM
As Tomas' blade cleaves into the flesh of the toady, Nater squeals and hops backwards.
Fury fills his eyes as he squeaks indignantly "Kill him! Kill him now!"
He raises the wand, and with a pop, more lightning bolts fire.
The soldier next to Nater rolls back to his feet, the flames extinguished, and swings at Tomas, as his partner disengages from Rossen to lunge at Tomas' back.
Qwee meanwhile casts another spell, this time on himself, then stalks forwards to stand between the two armsmen, ready to strike at either Rossen or Delilah as need be.
"I warn you one last time; stand down, and we can mur-rur gragh? RAAARGH!"
As Qwee's mouth elongates as he steps forwards he snarls and yelps in surprise, falling backwards, hand going to his mouth, his second spell failing.
"Hrrm, braar! Roooorffen!"

Qwee moves to H10. S8 moves to I13
The guy standing up provokes an AoO. If he goes down, then it negates the first attack.
Nater's damage [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

AngryCyc
2014-05-01, 08:19 PM
Luck seems to... Favor... Rossen.

misfortune on the attack against me [roll0]

Elricaltovilla
2014-05-01, 08:40 PM
Tomas makes a quick slash at the guardsman trying to stand up.

Attack of Opportunity
Attack: [roll0]

kreenlover
2014-05-01, 08:42 PM
And the poor Guardsman falls before he can strike, before he can even get to his feet, his throat torn open by Tomas' too swift blade.

Irish Musician
2014-05-01, 09:22 PM
Delilah Loremaster (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=823947), Disciple of Pelor
"Stop this fighting! We are followers of Pelor, there is no sense in this," Delilah yells out, but once Qwee's swords swings at her head she sees there is no reasoning with him. Once he grows a snout she looks at him in horror, "Lycan!! Lycan!!! Look! He is changing as we speak!" She takes a step over to Tomas and places a hand on his back, sending healing rays all through his body, healing up some small cuts and stopping the bleeding on most of the major ones.

Actions
Move - Shift to H12
Standard - Cast Cure Light Wounds on Tomas, and heal him for [roll0] plus half of the final roll (5), for a total of 16Hp gained.

kreenlover
2014-05-02, 09:25 AM
The captain slashes at Delilah as she steps away.
The armsmen then recoil from Qwee, faces shrugging in fear and disgust.
Their blades rise and strike as one steps in to get a better angle, while others move to keep Tomas and Delilah sort of surrounded.

AoO on Delilah [roll0]
[roll1]
Vs Qwee
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

As the blades swing for Qwee he tucks one hand one hand behind his back and swings his sword back and forth, picking off the attacks effortlessly.

AngryCyc
2014-05-02, 09:40 AM
Rossen steps down to her allies (G12) while yelling "YOU SEE?! Qwee is the traitor! Ally with us, loyal soldiers! Protect the church!" Her gaze turns towards Nater as she casts a final Oracle's Burden at him as well.

Yeah I don't know who's on our side and who isn't anymore... lol. This is a giant fustercluck huh? Alright I guess time to just make it look like there are more werewolves. DC17 again. One note though, I believe with the deafened penalties, initiative gets lowered mid-battle?

Elricaltovilla
2014-05-02, 05:20 PM
Tomas nods a brief thank you to Delilah before continuing his assault on Nater. He swings his baneful blade at the inquisitor, eager to lay his foe low.

Attacking Nater.
Attack: [roll0]

At some point I plan on investing in a merciful weapon so I can start capturing people alive...

HP: 36/48 Bane: 7/10 rds

kreenlover
2014-05-02, 06:18 PM
A quick step forwards puts Tomas in range of striking Nater. As his blade slashes across Nater squeals, and drops his wand as the blade cuts him open across the chest.
The beginnings of a spell form on his lips, before those lips elongate into a snout.
He takes one look at the remaining fighters, turns, and runs.
Qwee meanwhile snarls and takes a light step forwards, as does one of the trainee Templars in order to flank Rossen. He snarls at her, and his blade flashes out, once, twice, a third time, with immaculate grace. His sword work is a thing of beauty, even as he stabs at Rossen, the blade flashing with Pelor's light, his bravery and grace seeming to flow into Qwee, as luck favours the dueler.
Meanwhile, other Templars dash about, trying once more to surround Tomas and salvage the situation.
"This is a trick of the Lycan Rossen!" one of them cries to the armsmen "Remove her veil and you'll see!"
The remaining soldiers stand back with crossbows, waiting for someone to disengage from the melee, wary of hitting their fellow Templars, the armsmen, or Qwee.

Nater is taking his five foot step out of Tomas' range, then running as far and as fast as he can.
Qwee is attacking Rossen for Massive Damage!

A[roll0]
D[roll1] +[roll2] +[roll3]
A[roll4]
D[roll5] +[roll6] +[roll7]
A[roll8]
D[roll9] +[roll10] +[roll11]

Yah, Qwee is not known as the best duelist for nothing...
I did warn you guys.

Soldiers attacks
Vs Delilah
[roll12]
[roll13]
Vs Tomas
[roll14]
[roll15]
A[roll16]
[roll17]
Vs Rossen
A[roll18]
[roll19]

Elricaltovilla
2014-05-03, 03:08 AM
Tomas saw Inquisitor Qwee cut down Inquisitor Rossen with cold abandon. He stared down Qwee, his face a mask of fury.

"Delilah, stand clear and make a run for it. I will handle Inquisitor Qwee." he said. Tomas gripped his blade tightly and readied himself to charge his enemy. "Inquisitor Qwee, you have shown your hand. You have slain your fellow Inquisitors and aided the darkness in dimming Pelor's light. Whether this was your plan or you are merely a pawn no longer matters. You are no longer worthy of your title and so long as you live, you will be a stain on the name of the Inquisition. We will end this here and now, you and I."

Tomas is readying an action to charge Qwee as soon as Delilah clears the way, assuming she does so.
Attack roll: [roll0]

Yup.
HP: 36/48 Bane: 4/10

kreenlover
2014-05-07, 03:10 PM
The armsmen stare in surprise as Rossen opens her mouth and a small sigh comes out. As Qwee steps back, pulling his blade free with a flourish, Rossen collapses.
Qwee nods, then turns to Delilah.
Before he can do anything, she darts aside, and Tomas charges in, his blade flashing. One mighty swing across slashes Qwee across the chest, sending him staggering backwards. As he falls to one knee, the armsmen shake themselves free of their stupor and the captain roars.
"What have you done you fool? You've killed her! Get the traitor!"
Qwee looks up, and rolls backwards, out of the nest of armsmen. When he gets to his feet he doesn't stop running, taking off down the corridor.
The junior Templars gawk at their leader turning tail and running, lowering their weapons as they stare.

Irish Musician
2014-05-07, 03:40 PM
Delilah Loremaster (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=823947), Disciple of Pelor
Delilah immediately runs to Rossen, and she hovers her hands over her body. A radiant light shines from her hands and seems to hit Rossen's body, but the light doesn't quite touch her, as if it cannot. Delilah tries again and again.....but nothing. She stands up, "Rossen is dead....killed by one of our own for no other reason than to satisfy his bloodlust and his own twisted plots and schemes. We need to see the High Priest immediately and tell him of the danger that Qwee has brought to us. Delilah looks at the Captain, "On behalf of myself, Tomas, and our dear Rossen, I am sorry that you and your men got caught up in Qwee's mess. Send someone to go release the High Librarian and have them meet us at the High Priest's chamber. Send some others to spread the word that Qwee is on his own and shall be approached with extreme caution. However, do not kill on site. He may not have given us the chance to explain ourselves, but it is the least we can do in the name of Pelor, and show mercy." Delilah looks at Rossen's poor body and looks back to the Captain, "Take her to the healers to have her body put to rest with all the honors of a follower of Pelor. And be careful all of you, something is amiss today. If anything else happens, send word directly to Tomas or myself. We are taking charge from here. May Pelor's light bless you and protect you, my friends." With that, Delilah raises her hand out to the Captain and touches his chest with her tattoo. A bright light bursts forth from her hand and in a large burst covers all the soldiers with radiant light. Once the light dies, they feel much better and notice all their wounds are healed and burns gone.

kreenlover
2014-05-07, 04:04 PM
The junior Templars step forwards, and begin to raise their weapons again, but the Captain raises his hand.
"Roberts. Sword Captain Roberts. And my thanks Inquisitors. This has been an unfortunate event, and I am extremely saddened by it. I shall send word to the guards that the High Librarian should be freed"
He sends off a few runners, and then some guards pick up Rossen's body. They move off, their faces masks of sadness.
The junior Templars look around confusedly until one bows to Delilah and Tomas.
"My apologies. I do not know what possessed my uncle to act the way he did, but I cannot excuse him. I am Nathaniel Qwee. I hope to be able to repay the debt that he has today accrued"
The young man offers his sword to the two as he drops to one knee "Will you accept my blade?"

Elricaltovilla
2014-05-07, 04:30 PM
Tomas steps up and searches Rossen's body briefly for anything suspicious. Qwee may have been a conniving traitor, but that didn't mean he was necessarily wrong. Satisfied with his search he turned to Delilah.

"We will need more information, I think we will have to go to the under city."

Irish Musician
2014-05-07, 04:51 PM
Delilah all of a sudden gets red and is a bit taken aback by the young man's kneeling. She is not used to being such an authority figure and all of a sudden realizes where she is and who she is speaking to. Awkwardly taking the sword and looking to Tomas for help, she bows back to Nathaniel and takes the sword in one hand. "I, ummm," she stops and starts a couple more time, " would be honored to take your blade, Nathaniel." She then taps him on the shoulder, accidentally hitting him on the head with the flat part, and hand him back the sword. "But do not devote your blade to us, for it isn't us that your Uncle wronged, but Pelor. If you truly wish to atone for your Uncle's actions, help us find him and bring him to justice." She looks at Tomas again with an awkward smile that he knows all too well as her "uncomfortable but tying to look like she knows what she is doing" smile, almost asking if she did alright & hoping that he will rescue her from all of this formal talk. Her adrenaline as worn off now from the fight, and her quiet and socially awkward nature now is coming back.

After Tomas finishes checking Rossen and mentions the Under City, Delilah sighs. "Ok, but I do hate that place."

kreenlover
2014-05-07, 06:25 PM
There are two items of note on Rossen's body;
A wand identical to that carried by the vampire that you fought in the library, and a folded scrap of paper covered in odd writing.
As you examine her, her veil gets pulled aside. A small face is revealed, a trickle of blood from one corner of her mouth. Her eyes are clouded, and her mouth is quirked into a small frown. But, she looks normal asides from that. Could be sleeping.
It seems that she, in death, has found the peace within herself that she could not seem to find in life.

All begins as all is undone
You see the future, you see the past
This is the vision that must not last

It is the Gods, those ones themselves
Who seek to damn you to the Hells
But which Gods damn and which Gods protect?
Who seeks to sever your little neck?

The smartest thing to do is run
Run fast and far and long and straight
Forwards to the Church's gate

There you shall find the truth,
A word, a look, by claw and tooth
The day that ends, the night that lasts
The ones who linger in dark's caress

They try to end the life of you
The lives of many others too
None are safe on this dark day
You must away, you must away

Her script covers both sides of the scrap of paper. Asides from this poem you can make out the words 'assassins' 'gorgons' 'cultists' 'cabal' 'traitors' and 'undead' repeated many times, while at the top written in bold letters is 'Umbra'

At Delilah's words Nathaniel stands.
"Then I shall come with you!"

Elricaltovilla
2014-05-07, 06:50 PM
Tomas hides the prophecy in his haversack. He'll show it to Delilah later, but he doesn't want anything possibly getting back to Qwee.

"If you're wanting to come with us, I won't deter you. However, you are a servant of the church and your personal debts come second to your debt to Pelor. So I ask you, Nathaniel Qwee, do you follow us in service to Pelor?" Tomas takes careful note of his answer, testing the young man's sincerity.

Sense motive on Nathaniel: [roll0]
Spell craft to identify the wand Rossen had: [roll1]

kreenlover
2014-05-08, 03:24 PM
Nathaniel opens his mouth to answer when several dull booms echo down the passages of the Church. Evidently something has just happened.
After a moment's pause Nathaniel takes his sword back.
"Should we check on that, or continue to the sewers? And I follow Pelor, and you in his service"

He is telling the truth.
The wand appears to not be a wan at all, but a wondrous item with a series of one use charges. The word 'cadavre' is written on the bottom of the wand.

One OOC side note: These explosions are something that happened in another game I'm running in this setting. I'm trying to weave the different games together to a certain extent, so that you will at least encounted events that others have done. For example, soon the other games will start to hear of a massive assassination attempt within the Church.
Now, there are other players following that plot, but I am more than happy to let you guys follow that instead. I'm trying to make the world seem like it is alive (which I understand may be confusing at times) but this is, I can promise, not related to the assassination attempts unless you make it related in some way.

Elricaltovilla
2014-05-08, 09:18 PM
"I have been an Inquisitor many years, and in those years I have learned to trust my instincts. I have found that they are almost always a message from Pelor. My instincts say that the sewers are where we will find our answers, and so I say we go to the undercity. I believe that there we will find a solution to the problem, whereas until now we have only been facing the symptoms." Tomas readied himself to descend into the undercity, but remembered that Nater had dropped a wand as well when he fled. Tomas searched for it, they would need all the tools they could get at their disposal if they had any hope of succeeding.

Taking 10 to find the wand Nater dropped when he fled. Perception 26

kreenlover
2014-05-09, 04:28 PM
Nater's wand is a long skinny stick covered in small stylized lightning bolt symbols. It's not easy to identify, until all of a sudden it clicks; its so hard to identify because its not a normal spell!
Its an electrical modification of the more common Magic Missile spell. And that makes sense now, as you do remember that Nater is well known for being a strong proponent of electricity and electric spells. He claims that fire burns, ice and water weaken the surrounding structure, and force is too unpredictable. Acid drips everywhere, and sonic breaks glass and shatters everyone's eardrums. Electricity is the spell type, according to Nater, that causes the least amount of collateral damage. Nobody has ever bothered to point out to him that lightning starts fires, can break walls, causes thunder which breaks eardrums and shatters glass, is unpredictbale, can be caught by any small metal conductor and redirected, often branches off to hit smaller metal things close to its path, and generally is the most random and destructive type of spell. He hasn't caught on by himself yet either.

Elricaltovilla
2014-05-09, 06:11 PM
Tomas tucked the wand into his pack. He wasn't fond of arcane magics, they were unpredictable and uncontrolled, but he would probably use it for money if nothing else.

"If we are ready to depart, we should do so. I do not wish to tarry too long."

Irish Musician
2014-05-10, 12:14 PM
Delilah nods in agreement, "Indeed. We need to find out as much as we can as fast as we can before anything else awful happens." She readies herself and waits for the others to as well. Not liking the undercity, she lets Tomas do the leading.

kreenlover
2014-05-10, 02:23 PM
Nathaniel bows and looks to first Tomas, then Delilah.
"Which entrance were you planning on using, should I have some griffons prepared to carry us there, and do I need to bring any special kinds of tools or weapons?"
Nathaniel waves two of the other junior Templars over. "I can also have David and Matthias accompany us if needed. David's a crack shot with a crossbow, and Matthias is good at sniffing out trouble before it happens"
The two nod, ready to serve.
So, don't expect too much of the two should you bring them with you. Nathaniel is the highest level among the group, and he's level 3. They may be 'crack shots' but thats compared to all the other level 1 level 2 trainee templars.

"Eddie" the tip of a cigar glows in the shadows of the office "I've got a headache. Too many things to do, too little time. And, now someone's gone and attacked the Church" There is a creak as his chair swivels, and the Mayor leans forwards to grab Eddie's latest report off the desk "I'll look this over later. I mean, really, excellent job on mapping the old dock ward. I didn't think it could be done. This'll go a long way towards rooting out any cultists or lycans or whatever decides to hide down there. And, as much as I know you'd love to go back down there, I think that this is likely more important. Someone who is brazen enough to attack the Church, and someone with enough resources to do a good enough job that I've heard about it only two hours after it happened? They're someone who needs to be dealt with"
The end of the cigar glows orange for another moment before the Mayor buts it out.
"There's too much going on right now Eddie. First Draco starts yammering about lycans everywhere, even more than usual, then the Wissen family got all up in arms about that new stimulant that Trauer was producing, saying that their production interfered with the internal trade, and then...too much Eddie. I'm not sure how we're supposed to protect the citizen's when there's all this crap going on. No bloody idea"
He sighs, and tosses Eddie a smaller letter.
"Papers, passes, letters of recommendation and letters of service. They should get you through any checkpoints that you need to get through. If they don't, then let us know, we'll work on getting you official permission. If you think that you can sneak in anyways, don't. I don't want you dead, or replaced by some kind of thrice-damned Trauer Effectus. Just, do your best"

Elricaltovilla
2014-05-10, 02:37 PM
"We should take the closest entrance. Any time wasted is going to only allow the enemies of the church more opportunities to hide their misdeeds. If your men wish to join us, I won't turn down the help. However, any danger they choose to face is their own. I cannot guarantee their safety and I will not stand for their inexperience delaying our mission. Bring whatever supplies you deem appropriate, torches or sunrods will likely be a must. As well as something to cover up the smell..." Tomas took some time to check over his gear while he waited for Nathaniel to summon the griffons.

AngryCyc
2014-05-10, 03:06 PM
Eddie lets out a long, low whistle.

An actual assault on the Church? That's... wow." He hastily tries to hide the half-smile forming at his lips. "I'd be lying if I said I was too terribly upset by the news. However, you're right... whoever has that sort of power is someone worth knowing about."

He throws on his old dusty overcoat covering up his weapons and armor a bit to "blend in" a little better, before turning to walk out. As he gets to the door, he turns back to say "And no heading to the old dock ward without me. I've earned that." with a wink. And then he is out the door.

Eddie starts making his way to the church first. Hopefully the chaos that is likely there has died down enough to let him speak to someone. He makes for a direct path there.

Elricaltovilla
2014-05-12, 11:51 AM
When the Griffins arrived, Tomas climbed upon his and held on tight as they took off. He was ready to face whatever the sewers of the under city had to offer him. No matter what, they had to succeed against the darkness.

kreenlover
2014-05-12, 03:01 PM
Nathaniel came back to Tomas with a small frown on his face.
"I've been told that we're to wait before leaving for the Undercity. Something about needing to bring more people? For now I've got six altar boys standing by with their griffins; they'll get us down there as soon as we are ready to go.
"Where in the Undercity are we going?"
For now I think I'm going to try and delay this so that we can meet you guys up with Eddie, and with the new players. If that takes too long though, we can just go.

"Yes?" The guards glare at Eddie as he approaches. A quick flash of the papers leaves them grumbling and complaining, but they let him through.
"I'f you're looking into the assassinations, you'd best go talk to Inquisitor Tremayne. He'll know where to send you"

AngryCyc
2014-05-12, 03:12 PM
"Can you point me in his direction then..?" Eddie says, following down wherever they direct him.

kreenlover
2014-05-14, 09:37 PM
The Seer looks up and beckons Narunir over.
"Its time. I told you for a while now that there is something coming; its time for you take a hand in it"
He nods wisely as he waits for his reaction.
"Are you willing? It will lead to your injury, and some branches lead to your death. But, if you succeed it may be a large help to the people of the City"

"Knock knock"
Rallen smiles as he leans through the door and takes in the scene of hammer falling, fires roaring, a silvered blade just coming out of the furnace and being quenched.
Then his face grows serious again.
"Not sure if you two heard yet, but there's been an assassination attempt. Lots of people dead, lots more missing. The High Priest wants you two to go check it out, reason being you're both ready and not doing anything else. You're to join up with three others, Templar Qwee, Inquisitor Tomas, and Disciple Delilah.
"I know its rushed, but get your gear together; you leave as soon as you can get there. I'll debrief you en route"

A thin man looks down his nose at you disapprovingly.
"Someone from the Mayor's office? I don't remember him having permission to send his agents to pry into Church business.
"How about this. We are sending a team to investigate a lead. You can go with them and get the information first hand""And get out of our hair while you're at it"
"What say you?"

A runner comes down the hall, stepping around the twin pools of blood, and pulls Nathaniel aside.
Nathaniel nods, then looks to Tomas and Delilah.
"Its time to get going now. They've assigned two people to us; they'll meet us at the griffim platform"

Prehysterical
2014-05-14, 10:03 PM
Luckily, Cornelius's experiences have led him to carry his effects on him almost constantly. Rallen's words are enough for a literal flare of anger from the black-armored figure laboring over an anvil.

"Assassins! Skulkers in the Dark! We shall drag them by their tails into Pelor's sight and let His fiery gaze pass judgment upon their heathen souls!"

Setting down his now-finished greaves, Cornelius stands up and pumps his fist as he regards Modesty. "Come, let us repay those who have planted a knife in our backs!"

AngryCyc
2014-05-14, 10:06 PM
"Yes, well... I don't believe y'all are exactly in much position to be dictating 'permission' until you have the capability to not have half your superiors wiped out in a couple minutes. But hey, that's just my opinion. Y'all are totally in your religious rights to do things a bit differently I suppose." Eddie says with a sly and down-right mean-spirited wink.

He follows with "But since I'm playing by the book on this one, sure... point me to that little investigatory group. I'm sure the citizens will enjoy having their own eyes and ears involved, for veracity's sake. Where shall I find this gang?"

Theprettiestorc
2014-05-15, 01:41 AM
Modesty Felicia Cooper (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=885819), Special Investigator
"Hey, now, let's not be so hasty with talk of knives in backs. It hurts my feelings." Checking over the sword, a large beast of a greatsword, she places it on the rack for the moment. "Besides, knives are entirely viable weapons. You should always carry a knife with your sword, just in case you get disarmed. Then again, with this badboy, 'disarming' might mean something much more harmful." Taking off her goggles, and pulling off her gloves, Modesty wipes some soot from her face. "So, we've got a Templar, an Inquisitor, and a Disciple? Exactly how many people can be killed in one 'assassination'...?" Her instincts are telling her this is pretty serious, to warrant the both of them at once. Well...okay, yeah, her and Cornelius are partners, but there's still usually someone handling the orders, so that the forces could always have sharp blades. Pulling off her apron, Moddi only needs few moments in the back to clean herself up. She takes a quick minute to change, stripping down and then sliding into her armor. With a mental command, it assumes the appearance of clothing - loose whites and greys, with accents of a bright blue. She dons her gloves, winding the sheathe in the wrist and loading it with her dagger. She straps on her sword, then her bow and arrows, and then packs up her back. It's already been packed before, but there's a couple things she tends to leave out - she's always ready to be sent out at a moment's notice. Her rings are secure, her boots on, and then she puts on her scarf, a bright blue to match features on her gloves and boots. Last comes the cloak, also a radiant white with the sun-symbol emblazoned across it, so that she identifies as one of Pelor's women.

Coming back out, she takes the sword from its hook and carefully sheathes it in a new scabbard - one that's solid, embossed with filigree and holy symbols. The cord is wrapped around hilt and crosspiece, to keep it in for now, as she carries it under an arm. "Alright. I'm ready to kick some ass, and I'll see about sending this to its owner on the way. You've shut off the hearths, right? We don't need the place burning down while we're on business."

Irish Musician
2014-05-15, 10:50 AM
Delilah nods and follow the others to the platform. Once they arrive, and as they wait, she pets and grooms her Griffin and gets him ready for flight. She doesn't ride them on a regular basis, but she does enjoy it when she does. After her Griffin is ready, she mounts him and gets ready for their flight down to the undercity.....a place she really dislikes.

Marius
2014-05-15, 01:58 PM
Narunir rises and goes to his teacher. He sits cross-legged while Kenashi speaks, nodding at her words. "Was I ever unwilling? After so many years this city is more home to me than the forest of the empire. I won't be deterred by the risk but lets hope it doesn't come to my death. He smiles and winks at Kenashi. It wasn't the first time he had to contend with danger, but Kenashi wasn't usually so serious, the stakes must be really high. "So, teacher, what would you have me do?"

kreenlover
2014-05-16, 09:34 PM
The griffons hoot at the arrival of the trio. Nathaniel walks over to one of the ownerless and generic ones, and begins to pet it soothingly as he feeds it nips of meat. Tomas doesn't have a griffon either; it is only those who need to travel often like Delilah who have dedicated griffons.

The Inquisitor narrows his eyes at Eddie and hisses low through his teeth.
"Don't antagonize the Church, inspector" he spits the word, making it sound both respectful and insulting at the same time "They're in the fifteenth griffon roost. Since you know so much, why don't you find your own way there?"
The man moves to dismiss Eddie, realizes that it would leave him wandering the halls alone, and summons an Altar Boy to run the detective down there. The boy has strict instructions to not talk to Eddie as he leads him through a maze of hallways, stairwells, and teleportation circles.
Finally, he leads him through a door into a griffon roost.

The Altar Boy nods to Eddie, bows to Delilah and Tomas, turns, and runs.
The griffon roost is noisy and open to the air. It has the smell of birds, and griffon pellets, like owl pellets but ten times the size, litter the ground. It is a nice place, and is filled with majestic and intelligent beasts.

Almost wrote "Filled with majestic but stupid beasts. There are also some griffons"

Rallen shakes his head at Cornelius' exuberance and rage "We've already caught most of them. Problem is, they did the dragging themselves, but dragged themselves off somewhere else. Directly to Pelor, if you know what I mean" The big paladin shakes his head and he leads the two towards the correct griffon roost. Their path takes them down stairways, up other stairways, along bustling corridors, and through several teleportation circles. Rallen cut the line on those, ignoring the protests of those behind him.
"It turns out Modesty, quite a lot when you have some fifty odd assassins, not counting footpads, muggers, hired help, and an unknown number of traitors within our own ranks. In fact, the two you're going to be working with are suspected of being traitors, or were shortly after the assassination attempt. As it stands, they've been granted a temporary benefit of the doubt until the issue is more resolved"
Rallen slows long enough for the sword to be passed off to a Junior Templar who is given strict instructions to run it to its proper recipient, before hurrying off again.
"However, Inquisitor Tomas and Disciple Delilah are still under heavy suspicion. Part of the reason you two are along is to keep a watch on them; they do something suspicious, shut them down. Delilah is a librarian and a priest, while Tomas is an Inquisitor, with all that that entails.
"When you get back, you'll be reporting on what happened to me, and I'll take your report from there. Also, be prepared to help us arrest the two when they get back; I'm still not sure how the wind is going to go"
Rallen stops just before a door, and holds it shut with one meaty hand.
"Before we go through, any questions? The roost is just on the other side of this door; they'll be ready to go already, so make your questions quick"

The Seer turns to face Narunir, his blind eyes crinkled in a smile.
"Now why did you think that a wink would have any meaning to me? Its not like I can see"
The Seer sat, and rolled his shoulders.
"They're going to be somewhere in the Undercity. Its...I can't tell you until you're down there, until the future collapses down. I'm going to give you a piece of paper; because I did not see what I wrote I don't know the future, it is not set in stone. As soon as you open the paper, well, don't. When you get down to the Undercity, open the paper, and read it. It will give you a location.
"I know its tedious, but you know how seeing the future is; something important like this we can never know without disturbing it, but something like you winking then, or frowning now is so mutable that I can see it without harm. You know how it is"
He stretches, and feels the silver symbol of Pelor he has been carrying all day.
"And now its time for you to get going. Someone will be coming to see me today, and they would not be best pleased to learn that I kept you around"

AngryCyc
2014-05-16, 10:22 PM
"So I guess you're, the.... Investigation team? Well.

I'm Eddie. I guess I'll be working with you. Or. Yeah." He's a bit underwhelmed.

Elricaltovilla
2014-05-16, 10:39 PM
"So I guess you're, the.... Investigation team? Well.

I'm Eddie. I guess I'll be working with you. Or. Yeah." He's a bit underwhelmed.

"Under who's authority?" Tomas nearly snapped. This was a trying day and he was fast losing patience for any more unexpected developments. "I hope you understand that this does not mean you're in charge in any way. You will follow my orders, or you'll end up dead. Because if you're not dead, and you've betrayed the agents of Pelor, you will wish you were dead by the time I am finished with you."

Theprettiestorc
2014-05-16, 11:08 PM
Modesty Felicia Cooper (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=885819), Special Investigator
"Well...I guess they're in charge of this for now. That said, if it does come down to taking them out, I'd prefer to just arrest them, not...kill. Could we get a couple pairs of shackles, or no?" Crossing her arms, she tries to think of one last thing. "Also, do you have a way we can keep in contact with you? I don't wanna be working with them longer than I have to if you find evidence or something. This whole thing just...it's sticky. I don't wanna be caught with my pants down, y'know? It might be useful at keeping you informed of our status too."

AngryCyc
2014-05-17, 08:46 AM
Eddie laughs a little while passing over the papers, but tries to contain the laugh as he mutters out a "Okay!" with a certain quiver in his voice as if the laughter couldn't be entirely contained. Straightening out his face in deadpan seriousness, Eddie begins furiously nodding his head up an down... Partially as a means to stifle any other laughter.

"You got it. Boss."

Marius
2014-05-17, 02:01 PM
"You see well enough... in your own way." When he first met him, Narunir was exasperated by the seer but he eventually learned to like him. "It's settled then, I'm off to the undercity." He takes the piece of paper and leaves. On his way to the Undercity Narunir takes the usual precautions, watching for anyone following him and sticking to the shadows. Ones he's there, he takes out the pieces of paper from his pocket and reads it.

kreenlover
2014-05-19, 02:52 PM
Nathaniel looks between the two groups and bows to Eddie.
"I am always glad to have more people on the team. Another member means another blade when things go south"

In the Seer's careful script it reads:
The Luckless Laddy. Maybe. Or, if not there, the Sordid Affair. They may end up going to both. If you miss them at one wait at the other. They'll be there at three-quarters
The Sordid Affair is a gambling hall of ill repute. Its not a nice place, at all. However, information is an alternate means of payment, and so it is one of the best places to go for rumours. Unfortunately, you can only get the rumours if you win chips to cash in.
The Luckless Laddy is also not a place for those who wish to retain any kind of good reputation. Its a pleasure hall, where they boats that they can supply 'Any pleasure that you wish, for a price'. They eagerly sell the information that they fleece out of their clients.

Rallen nods.
"Take these rings"
He pulls out two rings that look like coiled chain.
"They're called Hunter's Rings for a reason. They let the wearer keep in touch with home base, but they also act as handcuffs when needed. Just remove them, pass them to the person you want to chain, and say 'Bind' " at his words both rings unfold into handcuffs. They lock themselves onto his wrists firmly. He tugs, and his hands can't even move.
"They'll only open for the one who activated them. 'Justice is Done' unlocks the shackles, and returns them to ring form"
He reaches out, and pushes on the door.
"Go meet the rest of your team"

The door swings open, and a towering paladin walks in. He has a gleaming sword across his back. He looks at Eddie, Tomas, Delilah, and Nathaniel.
"I was told there were only going to be two of you. No matter. My name is Rallen. And you'll be working with these two"
He steps aside, and lets the two in question walk through the door.

Marius
2014-05-20, 09:05 AM
Narunir shakes his head after reading the note. Following Kenashis prophecies is always frustrating. Even if he goes to the right place, at the right time, how can he find "them" when he knows nothing about them. But after ten years of tumbling in the dark for him he's resigned about the way this things work. Now that he started to follow the path of the seer himself he should get use to it. And so he starts walking toward the The Luckless Laddy, it's not like he cares for his reputation.
The timing fo his arrival seems good, so he sits and tries to stay out of the way where he can survey everyone getting in and out.

Irish Musician
2014-05-20, 09:29 AM
Delilah smiles at Eddie and gives him a nod of welcome, "Forgive Tomas, we have had some run ins with many traitors and killers that have been calling themselves "followers" of Pelor today. So we have been pushed into the precautionary side of things. We beg your patience.....but one life has been lost today that was close to us, we do not want to make it another." Delilah gives a half smile, but her eyes are filled with sorrow. "At least she may rest peacefully now and her demons that plagued her are driven away by Pelor's grace."

Theprettiestorc
2014-05-20, 09:32 AM
Walking in, Modd takes a quick look around at them. These are people at the heart of this mess, and there's been reports that they're traitors, but Rallen's stated the church trusts them...meaning...hmm. It would mean the reports were unproven, or the reports were falsified. So trust would be hard to earn both ways. Giving a curtsey, she looks to the group. A Hunter's Ring is now on her finger, joining others. "Modesty Felicia Cooper, Blacksmith, Lycanthrope-Hunter, and Special Investigator for the Church of Pelor. If there's something unknown, I can figure it out. I can be your guide wherever we go. I also specialize in negotiations, tracking, and...entry."

Prehysterical
2014-05-20, 12:23 PM
Quickly pocketing the Hunter's Ring given to him, Cornelius regards the three strangers with suspicion. He knew there was only one way for the truth to be properly known.

Pulling forth his golden holy symbol of Pelor, a gently smiling sun symbol, he quickly casts a spell. Satisfied, he addresses his new wards. The slitted helm that covers his head renders his words somewhat tinny.

"I am Cornelius Coleman, servant of Pelor! Friend to the faithful and the bane of sinners! We shall shine His light into the shadows and find the truth of the treachery that has been committed!

But before we begin, I must know: Are you loyal servants of Pelor? Or have you turned away from His light?"
Zone of Truth: Will Save DC 16 negates

AngryCyc
2014-05-20, 06:50 PM
"... Umm. No?" Eddie states a bit callously.

kreenlover
2014-05-21, 05:22 PM
A man, thin, with a broadsword at his belt looks to the newcomers.
"Are you the ones we have been waiting for? My name is Nathaniel Qwee. It is good to meet you. And for those of you who think that I am like my Uncle, you are incorrect"

Qwee is the nastiest Inquisitor out there. Self serving, arrogant, vane, and cruel, he seems to be the antithesis of what an inquisitor should be. He is also one of the best swordsmen in the service, often able to kill people with only one or two blows.
That is all that you know about him as you have never worked with him directly, however the three before you can likely fill in more details for you

After a time sitting there, a young man comes up to you. He is not wearing a shirt and you can see his finely toned muscles.
"Evening sir" His accent makes it 'sar' "Whats your pleasure? I am ready to serve and service you in any way that you wish, or if I do not please I can fetch Modesty, Melody, Marks, or Matthews. My name is Matthias.
"Or, if you wish something of a more consumable nature I can provide that as well"
He does not ask for payment; in places like these you pay what you owe at the end, or you do not leave.

Elricaltovilla
2014-05-21, 10:01 PM
Quickly pocketing the Hunter's Ring given to him, Cornelius regards the three strangers with suspicion. He knew there was only one way for the truth to be properly known.

Pulling forth his golden holy symbol of Pelor, a gently smiling sun symbol, he quickly casts a spell. Satisfied, he addresses his new wards. The slitted helm that covers his head renders his words somewhat tinny.

"I am Cornelius Coleman, servant of Pelor! Friend to the faithful and the bane of sinners! We shall shine His light into the shadows and find the truth of the treachery that has been committed!

But before we begin, I must know: Are you loyal servants of Pelor? Or have you turned away from His light?"
Zone of Truth: Will Save DC 16 negates

Walking in, Modd takes a quick look around at them. These are people at the heart of this mess, and there's been reports that they're traitors, but Rallen's stated the church trusts them...meaning...hmm. It would mean the reports were unproven, or the reports were falsified. So trust would be hard to earn both ways. Giving a curtsey, she looks to the group. A Hunter's Ring is now on her finger, joining others. "Modesty Felicia Cooper, Blacksmith, Lycanthrope-Hunter, and Special Investigator for the Church of Pelor. If there's something unknown, I can figure it out. I can be your guide wherever we go. I also specialize in negotiations, tracking, and...entry."

A man, thin, with a broadsword at his belt looks to the newcomers.
"Are you the ones we have been waiting for? My name is Nathaniel Qwee. It is good to meet you. And for those of you who think that I am like my Uncle, you are incorrect"

Qwee is the nastiest Inquisitor out there. Self serving, arrogant, vane, and cruel, he seems to be the antithesis of what an inquisitor should be. He is also one of the best swordsmen in the service, often able to kill people with only one or two blows.
That is all that you know about him as you have never worked with him directly, however the three before you can likely fill in more details for you

"I am Tomas Guzman, Inquisitor of Pelor. Your zealousness is admirable, however your ignorance is likely to get us all killed. If you ever doubt my service to Pelor, I will make you sincerely regret it. And if you ever turn your magics to me again, I will the last thing you ever see." Tomas growled. He had had far too much of people casting magic towards him today, and did not care for anyone else attempting the same.

"This is a mission of infiltration and information gathering, although Pelor sees fit to send a veritable army with us. Let me be clear, this is not a raid. Not until we have more information on what is going on and who is responsible. Use whatever means you deem necessary to ensure we get what we need, but do not make a scene. The time for theatrics is long past. As is the time we should have left for the undercity." Tomas motioned for his fellows to take to their griffins and ride out.

Save: [roll0]

He's grumpy because people have been trying to handcuff and cast spells on him all day. Also vampire attacks.

I don't know how famous he is, Kreen and I never quite hashed that out, but he did some pretty impressive things in his younger days.

Theprettiestorc
2014-05-21, 10:52 PM
Modesty Felicia Cooper (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=885819), Special Investigator"Aquisitionist"
"...and if that happens, the cold floor and a pool of your own blood will be the last thing you see, Sir Guzman. This man is like a brother to me, and like it or not, him and I are two reasons why you are allowed to walk free right now. He is zealous, sure, but not a criminal. Now, you say everything of stealth and inquiry - these are the specialties of an acquisionist such as myself, and in the Undercity, moreso. I would suggest you hold your tongue of Pelor's graces if he's seen fit to send you a guide through Hell and an expert of the arcane to watch over you, along with any other help. I will defer to your judgements for as long as I deem the stick in your arse to have not gone too deep that you forget who is trying to keep your best interests in mind. But, lo! Time is wasting, my fair Inquisitor - so do be careful on your saddle, lest you sit the wrong way and skewer yourself on the aforementioned stick of your foolish pride."

Turning her cloak inside-out so black fabric shows, now, there's a brief instant where her outfit shimmers into a suit of fine chain links, before shifting to look like a dirty tunic and leather breeches. Drawing her hood up, she mounts her griffon and takes off into the sky, slowing for the others.

Marius
2014-05-22, 07:36 AM
"I'll have some ale while I wait, we'll see what else later." He tries to keep his composture but his nerves threaten to wreck his mind. At least he didn't have to lie to the man, he can't get into trouble right now so for now he'll try to buy some time.

Irish Musician
2014-05-22, 11:09 AM
Delilah rolls her eyes at the display of pride and "size" that is going on in front of her, "Why don't we all just calm down and stop trying to prove who's faith to Pelor is larger. We all want the same thing, to figure out what in the nine hells in going on here. And the only way to do that is to trust each other. We do not know each other, but if we are going to survive this, some manner of trust needs to be shown." With that she puts her money where her mouth is and turns right to Cornelius and answers his question. "My name is Delilah Loremaster and I am Librarian in Pelor's Library. I have followed Pelor since I was left on the doorstep here and at no point in my life has His light ever not been in my heart." She then turns to the group, "Now, can we get on our way and figure out what is going on with our church?!"

kreenlover
2014-05-22, 12:28 PM
The man nods, gets up, and draws off a tankard for you. He sets it down, and looks at you expectantly.
"Anything to go with it? You want anything in it?"

Its odd. Down here in the Undercity nobody looks twice at you when you ask for an ale, for alcohol. Down here people known what it is, accept its existence, and have real stuff.
Up in the upper city, in the upper tiers, by the Great Curve, there is no such thing. Only thing that even comes close is the fermented Cibus Servorum served at The Fermentation Lounge, a weak and vile tasting substitute.

Nathaniel steps between Modesty and Tomas, ready to hold them apart if need be, but when peace comes he mounts up as well.
The flight to the Undercity is uneventful and swift, the wind roaring through your hair and whipping your clothes out behind you.
For Eddie it's a new experience; only the Church uses griffons, and he has to ride behind an Altar boy to avoid scaring the beast, or being flown into a wall.
When the beasts land in a too-small room, guards step away from the doors to let you out. As you pass one of them speaks.
"Whats with all the traffic down here? This is the third team down here in two days!"
And as soon as you have cleared the room the griffons take to the air, launching themselves up under the firm hands of the altar boys trained to ride and guide them.

Marius
2014-05-22, 02:41 PM
Narunir takes the tankard and takes a long sip, taking his time to enjoy it. Seeing the man still stading there brings him back from that speacial place your mind goes when you're focused on just one thing. "No, nothing right now. It's been a while since I had the real thing, how much is this going to cost me?" It's been a while since he arrived and still no news from whoever he might be expecting, at least none that he noticed. He had been avoiding to do this but he can't leave without being sure that they aren't here. After taking another drink of ale he extends his senses slowly toward the minds of those around him. He knows what he'll find in the mind of most clients and that's what makes him hesitate but one out of place emotion can get him in the right track.

Manifesting the talent Empathy (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/e/empathy). No pp cost, Narunir will sustain it for now.

AngryCyc
2014-05-22, 02:45 PM
"Is it normal for there to have been two other groups down here already? Does anyone... What's standard for y'all?" Eddie asks the group, picking up on the uncommon nature if the guards are inclined to mention it.

Theprettiestorc
2014-05-22, 04:25 PM
Modesty Felicia Cooper (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=885819), Special Investigator"Aquisitionist"
Hmm. Showing her credentials, Modd looks to Eddie, who spoke up. "Not as such, no. Usually, each team should have a guide, so I would've been informed if there was a group needing one, since my experience and consultation is nothing to sneeze at as far as going about the Undercity goes." She looks to the guard who spoke up. "I need the records of who these were, whether just descriptions or who they were by log. I also need a copy sent directly to Inquisitor Rallen Perisent. It's vital these are as accurate as possible, for the sake of finding conspirators in a large-scale attack on the surface. If your information leads to capture, you may get a promotion, good sir, although it's not my call to make. Might I have your full cooperation?"

Starting Attitude Diplomacy: [roll0]
Gather Information(and Follow-Up(Ex)) Diplomacy: [roll1][roll2]

Starting attitude goes up by three steps if successful, and both Gather Information Diplomacy checks Garner information due to the special ability for being an Investigator.

kreenlover
2014-05-24, 10:34 PM
The sudden rush of intoxication floods Narunir's senses. Its impossible to think with the focus up; too much heady senselessness, too much rush, too many people high on that rarest of drugs, freedom, even if only temporary.
Finally, he comes to as he senses the cold purpose of Matthias and the other workers of the Laddy.
"It depends on how you want to pay. One gold, or enough secrets to satisfy me. And we have a very fair exchange rate for secrets here. Secrets about you can cover more than secrets about others. However, if we have already heard the secret, it is worth almost nothing. We do not lie, so you can trust that we will make it a fair deal"
His accent his disappeared.
"But I can tell that you are not truly interested in the alcohol. What is it that you wish to know ranger? We can cut a deal for secrets much more easily than a deal for oblivion"

The guards look at each other, then back at Modesty.
"Well, one was led by Inquisitor Nater. There were quite a few of them carrying some kind of package, and they headed deeper. Not sure where they went from there though.
"The other group was a band of Templar Trainees. But there were quite a few of them, along with a lot of Altar Boys. They were sing teleportation circles to get down here. I guess they were going on a training mission, but there were so many of them it was unusual. They were being led by Inquisitor Rallen"

Prehysterical
2014-05-25, 11:44 PM
Over the course of the griffon ride, Cornelius has had time to consider his new companions. Tomas has shown himself to be a hard man, one more suited to rooting out corruption than laying hands or preaching. There was need for such men in this time. Delilah had answered his question directly and had shown no hesitation. A true believer, if he ever saw one.

Eddie, however... that one made his mind turning in circles. He openly admits his denial of His light, but does not flee or turn on us like a savage animal. If Tomas and Delilah have not judged him already... but did they not know?

I must watch him for now. We will see whether he is useful, or a threat.

Upon hearing the troopers' response, he quickly becomes very worried. What would Rallen be doing down there with such a large group of initiates? The act smelled of desperation, a last-ditch attempt to intercept something. Was it connected with Nater?

For now, Cornelius is content to let Modesty and the others do the talking. The time would come for holy vengeance soon enough.

Marius
2014-05-26, 07:35 AM
He knew what he was opeing himself to but even so the rush of emotions was almost to much to bear. Sadly there wasn't anything he didn't expect. And even if he wanted the help of this people, hwat could he tell them? The didn't know what he was looking for. "You can't help me and even if you could I don't think it would be a good idea for me to ask for your help. I'll pay for the drink before I leave. By the way Matthias, I like you better without the accent. He smiles and takes another sip of his drink. He didnt have the sun in sight but he thought that he still had some time before three-quarters, he would have to wait a little more before leaving for the Sordid Affair.

Irish Musician
2014-05-27, 03:02 PM
Delilah listens carefully to the guards' explanations and a very quizzical look covers her face. "You mean to tell me that a bunch of younglings were escorted down here, and no one knows where they are? Did Rallen say anything as to the reason for this? And did Nater say anything about what was in the package or his reasoning for coming down here?" These things disturbed Delilah deeply and she wanted to get as much information about it all before they continue further.

kreenlover
2014-05-27, 08:39 PM
He smiles and nods.
"Believe me, so do I. It is traditional though. Now, you'll be paying with gold I'm assuming?
"And, don't be sure of what we can and cannot help with. We can do more than you expect"
As he says that, he leans forwards to stroke the side of the elf's face. As he pulls back he smiles and shows Narunir the dagger that he had pressed to the elf's stomach.
"Like I said, we can likely do what it is that you want. But, don't forget to pay, not that I think you will"

"The higher ups don't explain their reasonings to the likes of us. We asked Templar Rallen, as we knew it was unusual, but he brushed us angrily, and hurried the trainees out.
"Now, we can't leave the post unguarded or else we'd of followed them, but well, we should have followed them. Rallen did say something about 'gotta get them there in time, gotta make sure it all goes off' or something"
The other chimes in. His voice is slightly higher and squeakier.
"As for Nater, we figure that scum belongs down here-oof" As the first guard retracts his elbow from his friend's stomach, the second one shoots him a glare.
"Err...as I was saying, we don't ask those like Nater what they are doing. They have a look like they'll stab you if you ask too many questions, or at least make sure you get stuck on this duty for another ninety days. And no, none of the seven spoke about the package"
"I dunno, to me it looked more like a body"
"What, wrapped in brown paper like that? It'd be leaking!"
"True"
They turn back to the group.
"There you have it"

AngryCyc
2014-05-27, 09:52 PM
"I guess we should go... I dunno, try to see what they were doing down here then? Are there many different places they could have gone or is it fairly 'Head down, keep going down...'? Eddie asks.

Marius
2014-05-28, 12:58 PM
He had to admit it, the guy was good. But Narunir wouldn't budge for the time being. He raised his arms in the standard surrender gesture. "Hey, no need for that I have a very good memory." He winks playfully to lighten the mood of his implied threat. When Mattias moves back Narunir tosses a couple of gold coins at him. "Get me another one and I'll think about what you said."

Elricaltovilla
2014-05-28, 10:28 PM
Tomas didn't like this. It brought up memories of the past. Of secret cults and dark rituals, if there was another inquisitor like his master endangering the lives of acolytes, Tomas would be sure to bring him down with a vengeance.

"You are correct, Eddie. We need to follow them. However we have no information on where to look. I suggest we find someone with that kind of information. In my experience, lowlifes like that tend to congregate in places of base pleasure. I know of one such place. I have found its patrons useful on occasion. Let us go." Tomas tries to lead the others to one of the pubs/brothels he knows of in the undercity.

kreenlover
2014-05-29, 10:18 AM
The doors of the Luckless Laddy swing open as the tall Inquisitor leads the way inside.
The place is busy, filled with all kinds of revelers and the workers who attend to their needs. It is the worst kind of place, the kind that has an illegal front to cover and even worse activities.

Matthias brings Narunir his second beer and looks at the new arrivals.
"If you'll excuse me, I should go welcome these people. They look to be in need of information"

A man steps up to Tomas, getting uncomfortably close as he runs his hands over his armour.
"Whats you pleasure sir?" It comes out 'sahr' "We can do whatever you like for you here" 'hahr' "Is there are a specific pleasure that you come in search of?"
As the others follow him in the man's eyes widen and he adopts a startled look.
"A room for five sir? it'll be more expensive. My name is Matthias, and I'll be here to serve and service you as you like. My compatriots" he waves a hand and a few workers materialize "Are Modesty, Melody, Matthew and Meranga. We are all ready to serve"

Irish Musician
2014-05-29, 01:16 PM
Delilah nods at Tomas and follows him to this place he knows. If it will bring them information on what the heck is happening down here, then she will definitely want to investigate it. "Just a table for now, please. Somewhere out of the way and a little secluded." Delilah tended to not like crowds, but she left the rest of the talking to Tomas.

Marius
2014-05-29, 02:40 PM
Narunir didn't have to turn to look at the new arrivals, he was looking at the door since he got to the Luckless Laddy. And they look... promising. "That they do." He mumbles half to himself half in response to Mattias. He strains his ears trying to listen to the strangers and turns his focus upon them, they don't look like people who enjoy the kind of pleasures being sold here. For now, he will wait and see.

Using Empathy on the newcomers.
Sense Motive (if needed) [roll1] (The extra +2 is for the empathy talent)

Elricaltovilla
2014-05-29, 09:25 PM
"Just take us to our table." Tomas growled at Matthias, his tone made it abundantly clear that he wasn't interested in the man's usual pursuits. "We came for information, not debauchery."

Once they were seated Tomas looked around the room with practiced eyes, taking in anything out of the ordinary and any sign of potential trouble.

Intimidate roll on Matthias, for my own amusement. [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

kreenlover
2014-05-30, 08:39 PM
Matthias looks Tomas up and down, and has one long head-to-toe quiver.
"O-o-of c-c-c-c-c-course s-s-s-s-s-sir!"
He stammers out. His terror continues as he guides them to a table over next to the elf.

As the newcomers are escorted to a table by Matthias he turns to Narunir, winks slowly through his tremors, and then helps them sit down.

"I-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-is t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-there anything I can do for you asides from get you a private table with 'No Debauchery'? Oh, and by the way, the cost for a private table with no debauchery is 20 gold per ten minutes"
His stammering and quivers cease dead stop halfway through as his voice becomes all business. As he finishes speaking he slams his hands down on the table in front of Tomas and looks him eye to eye.
"Here you play the game, or you wind up dead. You want your information yes, we want to avoid the attention of the Church, Families and Mayor. Best way we can do that is if it stays an open secret that this place is a front. If it becomes just open, and it will happen if people come here and loud-el-y declare that they want no debauchery, well, we'll all be in trouble eh?"
As he pulls away, he pauses to yank out the dagger that he stabbed between Tomas' fingers.

AngryCyc
2014-05-30, 08:49 PM
"... Could always just deal with debauchery. Who knows, might be fun!"

Prehysterical
2014-05-31, 11:01 AM
Ignoring Eddie's words, Cornelius glares at Matthias with clenched armored fists as the orange glow emanating from the slits of his helm becomes brighter. Only Tomas's reminder of the importance of their mission stops him from standing up and raining down fire and brimstone. Instead, he growls quietly in a crackling voice,

"You truly think that this is a game? If I see that dagger of yours again, I will leave you as a scorched outline on the wall!

Your presence offends me just as much as ours offends you. Tell us what we want to know, and we will leave you to your debauchery." The last word is said with sparks emitting from his helm.
Intimidate: [roll0]

kreenlover
2014-05-31, 11:49 AM
The man looks at Cornelius.
"You're even less scary than your friend. You think I enjoy this debauchery? Not particularly, no. But its a way to put my talents to good use without being arrested. Now, let me explain again. You guys are going to look like you are having fun. You will order a round or two, and we'll hint that you've got something special in your drinks. Once that is established I'll come over and drape myself all over you once I've got the information you want. That is how it is going to go. I'm trying to be professional and friendly, but you are trying my patience. You get it now? We don't need your business; in fact its you who needs us. Now, if you want our help you play by the rules and do this our way. That's all there is to it"
He gets up and begins to walk off, but stops a few steps away.
"And if you want to be able to leave very many more people as 'scorched outlines on the wall' never threaten someone in this place again pyromancer. I guess it is a threat, but unlike yours it is not idle. Because if you set fire to me then you couldn't get your information. So, let me give you one last piece of advice, for free. If you're going to be staying in the Undercity, Dock Ward, Lower Districts, well, basically anywhere below District 3, for very long, learn when to threaten and when to bribe. And learning when to threaten includes not threatening when you can't actually carry it out"

Irish Musician
2014-05-31, 12:15 PM
Before the man walks away Delilah speaks up, "You say you want to stay out of the way of the church and the families down here. Well, if we do not get the information we require, that may not ever be possible again. So, I suggest, we all stop acting like our wands are bigger than the others and work together on this. You say you do not need us, but if we do not get the information we need and completely our mission, you can consider this little house of Debauchery goodbye. And that is not a threat, that is just the truth. Now please, listen to our questions and and answer them with any information you may know....or point us in the direction where they may be answered. We are not here to play games, we are here to save our way of life......and yours." Delilah looks right at the man, not angrily or menacingly, but just a matter-of-factly. "Though I will take a half glass of wine."

Diplomacy [roll0]

AngryCyc
2014-05-31, 01:00 PM
"Neat. I like it here already."

kreenlover
2014-05-31, 08:42 PM
Matthias turns to Delilah and nods slowly.
"I believe that you believe that which you say. Whether or not it proves to be true is not for me to say. However, I appreciate your manner of speaking. I shall bring you wine"
He returns to stand closer to the group, and leans down.
Narunir can just hear him ask "What type of information are you looking for? Which questions do you want answered?"

Theprettiestorc
2014-06-01, 01:21 AM

"...when do I get to meet Modesty?" Having been quiet for a while, working to process things, Modd's come to the conclusion that...well, that she knows jack smack about what's going on. It's almost unbelievable that Rallen, who took her in, would have something to do with all of this - maybe he was trying to stop something? No, "make sure it all goes off". Those guards could be plants though. Augh! She can't trust anyone!

So instead, she asks about her sharer of name. Might as well play along, before the others start ****ing the whole operation up.

kreenlover
2014-06-01, 10:24 AM
Matthias smiles.
"You just like her name? Very well, I'll send her over while I get your drinks"
He steps away, and goes over to speak to Narunir quickly.

"Do you need another refill? And I ask again if there is anything I can help with"

A woman saunters over to the table, and leans over Modesty.
"I'm Modesty. I hear you were looking for me?"
She licks her lips as she looks Modesty over.
"I should let you know, I'm not really all that modest"

Theprettiestorc
2014-06-01, 07:24 PM

"Admittedly, neither am I, at times." Smiling for the gal, she checks the woman out in turn. "Do you mind getting a private booth? Just away from a few sticks here." Sticks in the mud. She may be onto something, here, and perhaps she can get Modesty for a bit of information.

...this is going to confuse the hell out of her.

kreenlover
2014-06-01, 07:45 PM
Modesty nods, and leads Modesty off a ways. Around a corner, through a curtain, up three stairs, around another corner, and down a hallways. Finally she opens a door into a curtained room.
Modesty turns to face Modesty, and gestures at the curtains.
"Now, quick question. Behind the curtains are one way mirrors, looking out onto your table. I can cast a small spell to let sound through as well, only one way. Do you want to watch what goes on out there while we see to ours...business?
"Also, what should I call you?"

Theprettiestorc
2014-06-01, 07:55 PM

"Not at the moment. I'm sure they can handle themselves, for now." Modd looks over the girl once more, taking a breath. "...but you may call me Modesty Felicia Cooper. You can imagine my surprise to hear of a nice woman such as you, sharing my name, in the same profession as I almost joined."

[roll0]

Prehysterical
2014-06-02, 12:20 AM
As the two Modesties run off, Cornelius looks after them incredulously before slumping forward and clanging his helm on the table in defeat. I can't believe it. Sitting here in this den of smiling sinners, being talked down to by a male whore... My best friend, one of the faithful, running off with another woman... And I can't even burn this place to ashes without losing what we need to take down those backstabbing traitors.

Pelor, how have I displeased you so? He does not really expect to hear an answer all the way down here from His light.

Marius
2014-06-02, 08:40 AM
Narunir watches the folks at the other table with interest, trying to hide his smile while he sees them fumble at their attemts to intimidate Mattias. This people have to be the ones he was expecting, they clearly aren't here for the base pleasures. The problem of course is that he's out of instructions, all he knows is that around them events that can change many lives will unfold. Should he follow them? That would be easy enough but it may leave him away from the action until is too late to do anything. Joining them is another option, but... how? "Lets see what they want first. Then I may put Mattias to use." Mattias prompt catches Narunir lost in thought. "No, as good as this ale is I don't want to lose my edge indulging myself in it. But you may be of use to me soon. I might send a message to your mind, don't be scared, in only another way of speaking."

kreenlover
2014-06-02, 10:16 AM
Matthias nods.
"Just don't try and read my mind, or else there will be trouble. Although, you know, you get things, so you won't"

The woman raises her eyebrows.
"It is an odd coincidence. And you decided to see what it was like to be a Modesty in the business? Not much different from your own life I'd imagine, although probably more enjoyable in some ways"
She sits down in an over stuffed chair and crosses her legs.
"So whats the plan? Your group didn't seem to be the kind to be interested in our more normal services, although I am more than open to that if that's what you want"

As expected, Pelor makes no answer. So far as you can remember, he never really has.

Matthias comes back a few minutes later, ales and a wine glass balanced on his tray.
"I' honestly surprised that you know what wine is. Most of those from the upper levels only have experience with that fermented swill they serve at the Fermentation Lounge. They don't even know real stuff exists. And if they do, they come for ale.
"Where did you first drink it? Certainly not in the City"
He sets the tray down, and passes out the drinks.
"It'll be another 20 gold for the drinks. Its one gold per ale, and 16 gold for the wine. Hard to import that stuff you know. So enjoy it.
Now, what kind of information did you want?"

AngryCyc
2014-06-02, 10:37 AM
"Who do you think would win in a fight... A dozen goblin-sized ogres or a single ogre-sized goblin?" Eddie says with a smile, before looking around to the other party-member's unhappy faces... And he quickly quiets back down again.

kreenlover
2014-06-02, 03:54 PM
"Probably the goblin-sized ogres. Numbers will usually bring down the stronger foe"

Theprettiestorc
2014-06-02, 07:09 PM

[roll0][roll1]

"...well...I suppose it...has been far too long...I grew up here in the Undercity too...but..." Urk. She swallows, rubbing her face, before she thinks about what to say. "...I need information, honestly, over anything else. So, I propose a game. For each piece of relevant info you can tell me about what I'm searching for, I'll divest myself of an article of clothing. If I am bare by the end of this...I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing where a fun time could take us."

"So...to that end...recently, there were some events up on the surface - assassinations and the like. There's plenty of evidence to suggest that the conspirators started down here. I also know that a large man with black hair, a paladin, came down recently with a large group of acolytes and fresh recruits. If you could share what you know..."

kreenlover
2014-06-02, 08:27 PM
Modesty looks at Modesty and shrugs.
"I like the idea. And its definitely worth a discount, but we don't give out anything for free here. Of course, you would be paying, but not the currency that the boss accepts.
"But, I'll play if you agree to pay 3/4 the original price"
She settles in to watch.
"First, I don't know about any assassination attempts. However, if you wanted someone killed, we can do that for you. For, of course another fee. However, if you wanted a more professional group there are the Stoneface Killers. They'll kill anyone for you, and leave behind only a small statue of the target.
"Or there is the Cult of Dragoth. They'll kill people but it's usually messy and you'll get bystanders killed. Or, you could, if you had some favours to call in, go to one of the Cabals. The wizards are always looking to do people in for fun.
"As for a large paladin with black hair...I can put out the word, see if anyone else has heard anything. I'll let them know. Wait here for me"
She darts out, then comes back a minute or two later.
"They'll be by with word in a moment. For now, ask your next question. And I believe that we should count that as, what, two answers?"

Theprettiestorc
2014-06-03, 08:22 PM

"...and, pray tell, what is your price?" She pulls off her cloak, and then undoes the ribbon in her hair, letting it drape down as she fluffs it out. "Either way, my next question...would you happen to know if any of these groups of assassins were contracted for surface jobs quite recently?"

[roll0][roll1]

Elricaltovilla
2014-06-04, 08:53 AM
"Among other things, we are looking for information on the movement of vampires through the undercity. There were attacks on the populace of the Upper City this morning, targeting the Church specifically. In addition, several younglings were escorted down here by a member of the Church. I have reason to believe these two events are linked, and I am willing to offer good coin for information on what may have been happening, if the desire to protect children from becoming the feast of monsters is not enough to move whatever you substitute for a heart." Tomas was matter of fact in his explanation. He fished around his pockets and placed the 20 gold for drinks on the table. "I will also offer an absolution of sins, if you ever desire to return to the light of Pelor."

kreenlover
2014-06-04, 03:23 PM
"Well, for something easy like that, maybe 5 gold. Standard finders fee. So, that'll put you at 3 gold 6 silver.
"As for the hirings...hmm. I know that a Cult member I have a, how should I say it?, understanding with, was all excited about a very high paying hit on a surface target. In fact, he said that a lot of his friends were going to be coming here, tonight, to celebrate. You can ask him then, if he'll tell you. But no combat, no spells, and no telling you it came from me.
"Thats worth 100 gold, so it'll cost you 75"

Matthias smirks at Tomas.
"Ok, I get it. You can, for the record, save your breath on the 'high and holy act'. It'll save us time, but I will spread your offer around. You never know who might have saved up enough coin to afford Upper City living.
"As for the movements of Vampires...hmm. You're asking me to divulge very costly secrets Templar. Minimum 500 gold.
"As for the children, I heard that they were seen entering the Catacombs. A big man was leading them, and when the first watcher was seen, the big man cut him in half with a single swing. Luckily our contact remained hidden, and so we got the info.
"That'll be 100 gold, but I'll bump it down to 50 for a good cause and the offer of the absolution. Oh, speaking of which"
He leans back, cups his hands around his mouth and hollers "Anyone here want an absolution? Currently free of charge if you cease your debauchery immediately. Step right up, step right up!"
He looks back at Tomas as the room bursts into laughter.
"People shout jokes like that all the time. The customers never think anything of it. If an employee wants it though, they'll know to talk to me. Work for you?"

Theprettiestorc
2014-06-04, 09:07 PM

"Alright, that I understand. I was also inquiring about your price. I would not like to think that I am baring myself to you for nothing, after all. My next question, though, would be about yourself. How did you come to this job, and whatever possessed you to take on your name?"

[roll0][roll1]

Marius
2014-06-05, 07:41 AM
Narunir almost drops his act of "aloof elf pondering over his drink" when he hears Mattias shout the absolution offer but he composes himself quickly. But time was running out and he still had no idea of how he was going to join them. He was a bad liar so going with a version of the truth was probably his best bet. He could have Mattias introduced him as someone with the same objective but seeing their interaction with him, it will probably do more harm than good.

Irish Musician
2014-06-05, 10:49 AM
Once Matthias sets the drinks down, and before anyone drinks them, Delilah gives a wave of her hand over the drinks. Her right hand glows a bit and she nods at the others, granting them permission to drink as she purges any would-be poisons or diseases from the drinks. "I have had wine before, yes. I do not drink often, but when I do I want it to be good." Delilah sips her wine, the warmth and smoothness of his hitting her tongue and throat. She raises her eyebrows and gives a nod to Matthias, acknowledging the good taste of the wine.

Delilah listens Matthias talk about information and money.....money, she hated the stuff but it was a necessary evil. Doesn't mean she wishes to be ripped off. "It is information we wish to find, but I am much more comfortable in the 300 gold piece range. What do you say, Matthias? Give us a discount so we can help keep this place open. Though this is the first place we have looked, maybe we can find our information elsewhere, for a cheaper price...." Delilah trails off as she takes another sip of her wine. There is no threat in her voice, nor does it have a negative feel. She is simply trying to negotiate with the man. She always did love a good debate.

Diplomacy [roll0]

kreenlover
2014-06-05, 03:49 PM
"Oh you mean my price. Well, you'll just have to wait and see. Don't worry.
"As for how I came to this job, its no secret. There is little else to do down here. Its do this at this place, where they teach you some real skills and look after you, or you go work at some hellhole where they treat you like the worthless filth that the Up-Siders see us as, and pay us worse than that even.
"I chose Modesty because I like the name. I've never been the least bit modest, even before this job. It just seemed to fit. Besides, all stage names need to start with an 'M'. So I chose Modesty"

"While I would normally love to debate, and will gladly debate the price on other secrets, some I cannot cheapen. For ten gold I can tell you why this one is so dear, but otherwise I cannot even tell you that"

Elricaltovilla
2014-06-06, 10:31 AM
"570 gold in all is a bit beyond what we have in liquid funds at this time. However, if you're interested in bartering, I have an item that may interest you." Tomas reached into his pack and pulled out the wand he had taken from Inquisitor Nater. Tomas disliked wands anyway, and knowing that it had been corrupted by the touch of a failed inquisitor like Nater only made Tomas more agreeable to parting with it. "A blessed wand that will fire an unerring dart of electricity at your target. I wouldn't doubt its value far exceeds your asking price."

kreenlover
2014-06-06, 03:40 PM
Matthias is shaking his head though.
"The boss won't accept wands as payment. What I want instead is a secret of yours. You give me that, then I'll weigh its worth, and give you a corresponding discount. Also, you give us enough secrets, we'll pay you money. How about that?"

AngryCyc
2014-06-06, 03:57 PM
"Well. Secretly, I've been mapping the old dock ward. Also the Wissen family got all up in arms about that new stimulant that Trauer was producing, saying that their production interfered with the internal trade... Which I think might be of some interest.

Oh. And secretly, I don't think Pelor is really all that 'present' if ya know what I mean." Eddie says with another sly-smile.

Prehysterical
2014-06-06, 04:25 PM
Bribery, blasphemy, conspiracy... Cornelius has been sitting and staying quiet like a good little servant of Pelor as the dealing has gone on. As time has gone on, however, his patience has been beaten and bent like poorly-forged iron, particularly during the tavern's open mocking of confession. Eddie's comments are the final blow, shattering his forbearance into shards. His black-and-white morality simply cannot comprehend the shades of grey unfolding before him. I pray that the evil we prevent is greater than this.

He stand up swiftly and looks to the inquisitor and priest. "I will wait outside," he mutters darkly. The black-armored oracle bumps the elf in his chair on his way out.
There you go, Marius

Marius
2014-06-09, 01:44 PM
Narunir stumbles a bit in his chair when the scary armored guy bumps him. He turns and watches him leave. "There's an angry person if I ever saw one. At least he doesn't seem like he's excited about taking Mattias help. Yes, he'll do just fine."

He rises and heads for the door. He looks back at Mattias and waves goodbye with a big grin on his face before stepping outside. Once there, he approaches Cornelius: "Hey, I know it's rude but I overheard your group talking to Mattias. I can help you find what you seek."

kreenlover
2014-06-09, 02:34 PM
"Huh. Do, the Wissen Family might be angry at the Trauer family currently beased on the stimulant.
"Which stimulant? If you know that will be worth more. And as for the secretly mapping, a map of the Old Dock Ward would be worth quite a bit of credit here. More than enough to buy you that secret depending on how complete it is.
"Remember, if we owe you more than what they're worth you can either keep it as credit, or we can pay you half the credit value in gold at any time"

AngryCyc
2014-06-09, 02:49 PM
"Oh I napped damn near the entire place. Took me forever too...."

kreenlover
2014-06-09, 03:11 PM
"Are you willing to give us a copy? If so, then that will most definitely pay for the secret you request, and many more besides. We'll give you a full evaluation of your credit once we see how complete it is, but for a near complete map I am sure that we could offer close to ten thousand gold in credit"
He watches Eddie for a reaction, either positive or negative at the quoted figure.
"What say you? The credit can also be used to hire our services, in any of our many capacities"

AngryCyc
2014-06-09, 03:33 PM
"Welp.

Fetch me some paper and ink and lets see how much of it I can remember for ya." Eddie says with about the same face, neither negative nor positive, waiting to see what he says about the prospects of a map drawn roughly from memory.

Prehysterical
2014-06-09, 05:49 PM
The frustrated ifrit spins to regard the elf. "Oh really? Tell me then, sinner, what price will you charge for information that should be given freely? Our hides are the ones on the line when it comes to protecting filthy wretches like you from the Dark!"

Marius
2014-06-10, 09:18 AM
The frustrated ifrit spins to regard the elf. "Oh really? Tell me then, sinner, what price will you charge for information that should be given freely? Our hides are the ones on the line when it comes to protecting filthy wretches like you from the Dark!"

"Don't be so quick to judge me Inquisitor. I'm offering my help to help the people, not for you, or for your gold. I'm really good at finding people, just give a starting point."

Prehysterical
2014-06-14, 10:57 PM
Cornelius regards Narunir suspiciously. Eventually, he replies, "We're looking for a man called Inquisitor Rallen. He took a group of acolytes further down into the city, with no warning. We fear that something terrible has, or is about to, happen, especially in light of the recent string of assassinations taking place. How well do you know the Undercity?"

Marius
2014-06-16, 08:10 AM
"Well enough, but my strong suit is tracking. Just take me to the last place you saw him and I'll take you to him, wherever it is he went. Tracking an Inquisitor and a bunch of disciples in the Undercity should be easy but we need to start as soon as possible."

Irish Musician
2014-06-16, 10:25 AM
Delilah sips her wine as she hears the others talk about everything. As far as she can tell, giving up the map and getting credit, as well as having the tracker help them, seems the best plan to her. "Unfortunately, for all of my knowledge, I do not have many secrets to divulge to you. I know many languages, though, so if you need something translated that, I could do that. Other than that, 99% of my knowledge is found in books." Delilah gets an awkward-ish smile on her face, not really being able to help here.

kreenlover
2014-06-16, 05:14 PM
"Lets see how well you draw before we assign a price tag to it. But I'm sure if you're a cartographer and have a good knowledge it'll be worth enough to cover this at least"

AngryCyc
2014-06-16, 05:46 PM
"Heh. ...heh. Heheheheh!" Eddie laughs quite a bit to himself as he begins drawing the map. The details he remembers quite vividly. The execution is ... Not as superb.

taking 20 on the knowledge check... Is it geography? 29. Or local? Still 29. Actually every thing except history, which would be a 32.

That craft check though? Lets pop a bardic performance for a little extra help but...

(Check OoC cuz I done goofed.)

kreenlover
2014-06-16, 09:44 PM
"Thats...Well, its something, is what it is"
Matthias holds up the map. (http://www.handmaps.org/maps/hand_drawn_map_munster_large.jpg)
"Well...it isn't that bad at that. I can make out somethings at least"
He shrugs and rolls it up placing it in his pocket.
"For now I'll extend 1000 gold worth of credit. If you can get us a better version of it then that amount will jump quite a bit I'd say"
He looks around and waves a finger, then pauses.
"Good, Modesty, you're back with the other one just in time. Its serious stuff now. Sit down both of you"
As the two Modestys sit down he waves his fingers again and a shimmering blue glow appears around the table.
"Basic spell-shield. They'll hear us talking about something random using bits and pieces of our previous conversation. It's a not bad piece of magic. Now, lets get down to business. Vampires.
"Now, you may or may not be aware that most of the undead in this city are allied with one of the Families. Now, if you weren't aware of that, then thats free of charge. Its necessary to tell you this. So, most of the undead have Family ties, as it were"
He smirks at his own joke as he goes on.
"However, there is another faction. As, you know, there always is in this stlaerned city. Point is, the other faction of undead. They've been moving all over the place at the orders of their new master. Nobody knows who the new master is, but they've got plans all right. So, the undead, especially vampires, have been scrambling for the past three weeks now. Nobody knows what they are doing, are planning, anything. All they know is that they've been snapping up individually owned artifcers houses, and shutting them down, more or less. Even the larger established artificers houses have been busy with orders for them. And, nobody will tell what they're making. Its beyond the usual partner/customer agreement; this is like they can't tell. Its the oddest thing.
"So, yesterday morning the activity suddenly ceased. Nada, zilch, zip. They all retreated back to their enclave, and holed up. Nothing happening there anymore, at all.
"Weirdest thing is, we sent agents to investigate. Empty. Gone, actually just vanished. There was nothing left. All their gear, all their equipment, all their members, gone.
"Then, suddenly, this afternoon, the place opened up again, and was busy. Not sure what happened in between, nobody is.
"And there you have it. The movements of the vampires in the Undercity recently. There have been a few individuals down here on Family business, but I assume thats not what you're asking about. Anyways, that's, lets say, 600 of your credit gone because of background explanations. Anything else you wanted to know?"

Just for clarification, that picture of the map isn;t what it actually looks like.
I'm imagining it looking somewhere between these two:
http://www.cartographersguild.com/attachments/finished-maps/43384d1332730036-hand-drawn-maps-isometric-donjon-castle-pyrenees-area-full.jpg
http://www.handmaps.org/maps/hand_drawn_map_munster_large.jpg
Although the 9 isn't actually all that bad, but you know, whatever.
And with the 29 you've got all the major (and minor) features there, so its not a bad map at all.
Just, you know, comedic effect and all that.

Theprettiestorc
2014-06-17, 06:14 PM

Modesty, upon her return, is...quite a bit relaxed, and bathed. Pretty clean. Listening to the report with the others, she starts piecing it together. "Well, it coincides with attacks on the surface..."

Elricaltovilla
2014-06-19, 08:36 AM
Tomas listened, silent and stone faced to the secret keeper's explanation. Some of this he knew, some of this he suspected, and none of it was what he wanted to hear. Things were never simple while in the inquisition, because everyone thought that they had something to hide. Most people's secrets either weren't secrets or weren't worth anything. Right now, this information wasn't worth 600 gold to Tomas, but as he wasn't in the business of sharing secrets, it was important he kept his mouth shut.

kreenlover
2014-06-19, 11:02 AM
"Is there anything else you wanted to know? I may be able to stretch the 600 gold a bit further for related bits"

AngryCyc
2014-06-23, 01:34 PM
"...know the locations of any old dragon vaults..?" Eddie says with a shrug.

kreenlover
2014-06-23, 01:52 PM
"Ha, right. If we knew we;d plunder it ourselves, not sell the information. I more meant, anything else I can help you out with in relation to your investigation of the assassinatiosn of the Clergy?"

Elricaltovilla
2014-06-25, 12:41 PM
"The question is which of the families would have to most to gain by assaulting the church. Political balance is a delicate game. But I wouldn't expect that kind of information for cheap. Where is the location of this undead Enclave?"

kreenlover
2014-06-25, 01:25 PM
"Its two levels down. I can give you a map"
Before he can get the map another man walks over. He's very scantily clad with only a pair of tight shorts that leave nothing to the imagination.
"You were the group that wanted to know about the Templar and the new recruits?"
Matthias starts to say something about being the one in charge of your group, then looks back.
"Is that true? You were looking for information about a Templar and new recruits?"
"Yes Matthias, I asked Marcos to share what he knew. Its my fault"
Modesty rises to put a calming hand on Matthias' shoulder.
Nodding Marcos turns back to the group.
"We shall discuss my price. 200 for what I know"

Irish Musician
2014-06-25, 01:41 PM
Delilah just sips her wine, letting Tomas and the others ask the questions and do the talking. A man then walks up to the group, wearing not much and of that not much showing a lot, and when Delilah sees him she goes red and looks in another direction. She isn't one to be scared by much, but socially she is on the sheltered side. So seeing a half naked man with his, attributes, on display makes her a little more than flustered. He talks to them and it takes everything she has for Delilah not to completely embarrass herself in front of everyone.

Prehysterical
2014-07-01, 01:20 PM
Leaning closer to the elf, Cornelius states, "Before I go anywhere with you, I must know your name. 'He who has no name shrouds himself in Darkness, and shall be no brother to you.'"

kreenlover
2014-07-01, 09:49 PM
Marcos looks at the silent group and shrugs.
"Tough crowd eh? Fine. Here's what I know, for 50 gold. The Templar came down with a bunch of new recruits. He took them down another two levels. Then he disappeared. The new recruits were left alone and without guidance, and were attacked by a group of vampires. Thats worth 50 I'm sure, and I'll even tell you how to get there"

Marius
2014-07-02, 08:50 AM
"I have nothing to hide inquisitor if my name is what it takes for you to trust me then you can have it. I'm Narunir Leinad. Now, can we go get your companions? We need to hurry."

Elricaltovilla
2014-07-02, 08:58 AM
If they could have gotten a 200% reduction in cost from Matthias by not talking, Tomas would have jumped at the opportunity. Fifty gold was still more than he should have to pay in order to find information out about children in danger, but this was time sensitive information. He placed fifty gold coins on the table.

"Talk."

kreenlover
2014-07-02, 11:18 AM
"Right, they're just down the alley away from us, straight ahead for about ten minutes, then left at the wide staircase, down three levels, when you come out the end walk straight, take the third left, fourth right, seventh left, straight for five minutes there will be a narrow stair that you can almost miss. Up that, turn left, walk for five minutes. That's where he left them, not sure where they might have gone since then"

Irish Musician
2014-07-02, 11:50 AM
Delilah heard the directions given to them, and she didn't fear not being able to remember them given her memory, but the directions themselves made her quizzical. "Those directions are quite convoluted. It sounds as if he wanted them to get lost. I mean, what scared child would be able to remember those directions getting back to civilization?" She furrowed her brown and sipped the last of her wine.

Elricaltovilla
2014-07-08, 09:20 AM
Tomas dutifully committed those directions to memory. They were convoluted and certainly meant to confuse, but he had done much work in his time as an inquisitor that required nearly getting lost in the underbelly of the city.

I'm guessing a concentration check would be appropriate, although possibly also a knowledge roll? I'll just make all the rolls I think could apply to committing something to memory and you can pick, kay? :smalltongue:

Remembering Information:
Concentration: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Knowledge of Local Area:
Knowledge (Geography): [roll2]
Knowledge (Local): [roll3]
Survival: [roll4]

kreenlover
2014-07-08, 11:10 AM
"Hey, I don't make the directions, I'm just delivering them. Since the Templar disappeared, poof, once they got there I'd assume that he did want to confuse and lose the newbies. Although, then again, you're not paying me for speculation, so I'll be off then"

I choose...
Knowledge: Local!
:p
Nah, you can remember them. He'll write them down for you if need be.