PDA

View Full Version : Time travelling in 3.5?

TrueJordan
2014-03-19, 04:07 PM
Is it possible? I've thought of two ways, I need you guys to tell me if it could work:
1. That psionic power that allows you to turn time back for one round, with enough PP you could potentially do it a few times, but this doesn't seem too substantial, so the second one is where I have a problem

2. Druid 5/Planar Shepherd x (or anyone with Plane Shift, but I feel this is easier), and go to Xoriat, the Realm of Madness, where time flows backwards. Let's say I want to go back in time, say to kill someone when he was younger, and he (in present day) could chase me through Xoriat as well, albeit a bit later. Would it look like this?

I leave March 19th. The next day is March 20th, so if The Enemy leaves then, he'll be... a day ahead of me on Xoriat? So yeah, I'm not really sure how time travel could work, or if anyone else has ideas about how to do so. Suggestions?

Forrestfire
2014-03-19, 04:15 PM
Teleport Through Time (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/pg/20030409b) works.

Psyren
2014-03-19, 04:17 PM
Psionics can do way more than one round at a time by using Forced Dream, also from Eberron.

Werephilosopher
2014-03-19, 04:17 PM
Here's a handy spell that covers time traveling.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/pg/20030409b
The next article also has a feat that allows for the construction of permanent time portals.

Edit: Swordsage'd

pwykersotz
2014-03-19, 04:20 PM
You can also use the Temporal Prime, as detailed in the book Chronomancer. It may be 2e, but it's a great read.

Fable Wright
2014-03-19, 04:35 PM
Is it possible? I've thought of two ways, I need you guys to tell me if it could work:
1. That psionic power that allows you to turn time back for one round, with enough PP you could potentially do it a few times, but this doesn't seem too substantial, so the second one is where I have a problem
Not quite. When you manifest the power, you get back all resources expended on that round, except for the XP costs. With a Thought Bottle and a Belt of Battle, you continually restore your XP total, the charges on your belt, and the PP you used. This allows you go to as far back as you need to. It also does odd stuff when you go back before the moment you were born or when you invested your XP total in the thought bottle, but it does let you go back a while.

Then there's the aforementioned Teleport Through Time.

Then there's entering the Far Realm, casting Fission, and then having your duplicate (a native of the Far Realm) leave in a Time Stop (to a random time) carrying you in a Portable Hole filled with Quintessence, and returning to the Far Realm if you're not at the right time. Eventually, you'll wind up when you want to be.

pwykersotz
2014-03-19, 04:37 PM
Then there's entering the Far Realm, casting Fission, and then having your duplicate (a native of the Far Realm) leave in a Time Stop (to a random time) carrying you in a Portable Hole filled with Quintessence, and returning to the Far Realm if you're not at the right time. Eventually, you'll wind up when you want to be.

Or in the stomach of a native. Either way, it should be a good time! :smalltongue:

Dr. Azkur
2014-03-19, 08:17 PM
Then there's entering the Far Realm[...]
*Intense shudder*

Or in the stomach of a native. Either way, it should be a good time! :smalltongue:

'Stomachs' hahah, good one. More like something there forces you to slowly eat yourself, and proceeds to observe and feed off of your horrific experience. Actually "feed" would be kind of a misnomer but thats 's close as we can get in this language (or any other).

.Zero
2014-03-20, 10:56 AM
The Chronorebel's capstone lets you travel back in time to a minimum of 17 days to a maximum of 500 x manifester level years in the past once per day. You can find it in Hyperconscious, a 3rd party but high quality splatbook written by Bruce Cordell (tha man behind Complete Psionic and XPH, so it's quasi-official material).

There's also the aforementioned save game trick or the Time Reaver spell, but don't know where you can find it right now.