PDA

View Full Version : Shapechanging weapon: where did I read it?

qwertyu63
2014-03-19, 07:45 PM
I remember reading about a weapon property where a weapon could shift between two forms chosen by the crafter. However, I can't remember where I read it.

Thank you in advance.

TuggyNE
2014-03-19, 08:54 PM
Morphing is in Underdark, is that what you meant?

Falcon X
2014-03-20, 12:13 AM
Morphing also appears in Magic Item Compendium p.39 as a +1 enchantment. Check out metaline on p.38 if you want to change the weapon's metal type too.

Alternatively, there is Warshaper prestige class from Complete Warrior. It's key feature is morphic weapons.

Outside of that, I think psionics can do it.
Also, Warlock has a Blast shape that changes it's Eldritch Blast into a melee weapon without describing the type of weapon. Thus, it could look like anythi

qwertyu63
2014-03-20, 08:39 AM
Morphing also appears in Magic Item Compendium p.39 as a +1 enchantment. Check out metaline on p.38 if you want to change the weapon's metal type too.

Sadly, I think Morphing is what I was thinking of, but it won't work for this task. The weapons I want to switch between are ranged weapons (Footbow and Longbow), which Morphing won't work with.

Darrin
2014-03-20, 11:30 AM
Sadly, I think Morphing is what I was thinking of, but it won't work for this task. The weapons I want to switch between are ranged weapons (Footbow and Longbow), which Morphing won't work with.

Would a Glove of Storing/Glove of the Master Strategist work?

Tarlek Flamehai
2014-03-20, 11:54 AM
There's one for spears that allows them to switch between short spear, spear, and longspear. I would modify that one.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-03-20, 12:09 PM
An Elvencraft (Composite) Longbow is both a quarterstaff and a longbow. It can be a Morphing weapon and any two-handed Morphing weapon could turn into one. "You can reshape a morphing weapon into any other melee or thrown weapon of the same size and type (light, one-handed, or two-handed)." The wording of Morphing does not exclude projectile weapons, so since an Elvencraft bow is both a melee and a projectile weapon, Morphing will work with it because the melee weapon requirement is met.

A Footbow is basically a composite longbow, so an Elvencraft version should carry the same benefits. Elvencraft is also in Races of the Wild.