PDA

View Full Version : Regen

stenver
2007-02-03, 12:27 PM
Whats up with the "you killed my dad"?

According to the D&D, theres a spell called Resurrection. So no problem there. Ideas?

Lord Zentei
2007-02-03, 12:31 PM
I think you meant to say "Raise Dead" and/or "Ressurection". And yes, there does seem to be something limiting the possibility of this happening to Shojo. Requirements are:

Time limit. Since Shojo has died very recently, that's not an issue.
Doesn't want to come back.
Illegal to raise ex-rulers, as in some campaign worlds.
Illegal to raise people accused of crimes. Not likely in a LG city, but you never know.
Past his natural lifespan. People who die of old age may not be ressurected, but conceivably this limit might apply to Shojo if he has gone beyond his natural span with potions of longevity or something like that.I can't think of anything else.

Glome
2007-02-03, 12:36 PM
besides which, nobody's dad was killed. Lord Shojo is Hinjo's uncle, not his father. The fact that Shojo is passing his title on to Hinjo also indicates he may not even have any sons (or even daughters, depending on the rules of inheritence in Azure City).

Hell, even Roy's dad probably died of old age. It was only Eugene's mentor who was actually killed by Xykon.

stenver
2007-02-03, 12:39 PM
Yea, sorry for these typos. But What do you think? Belkar mentioned the spell already, so it has GOT to be in that world. Do you think they will raise him?

Lord Zentei
2007-02-03, 04:53 PM
Yea, sorry for these typos. But What do you think? Belkar mentioned the spell already, so it has GOT to be in that world. Do you think they will raise him?

The whole course of events would seem to suggest not IMHO.

Steward
2007-02-03, 04:58 PM
besides which, nobody's dad was killed.

What about Yokyok?

Krytha
2007-02-03, 05:01 PM
But... who cares about Yokyok?

Steward
2007-02-03, 05:03 PM
But... who cares about Yokyok?

Not me, but I was just correcting the person who said that, "Nobody's dad was killed."

BardicLasher
2007-02-03, 05:24 PM
It's quite possible that in Shojo's failing health and old age, the Sword wasn't what killed him.. .the resulting heart attack from shock was. XD

Okay, unlikely, but he's a bit old to be raised.

The Extinguisher
2007-02-03, 07:11 PM
Theres an unwritten rule the only people who are ever brought back from the dead are the PCs, The recurring villians that always show up at the worst possible moment, and nameless NPCs working for the good guys.

The mentor, old leader, lone messenger who doesn't and finish his dire warning and other NPCs are never brought back to life.

the_tick_rules
2007-02-03, 07:48 PM
well even if he can she still killed him. It's still not cool.

rosebud
2007-02-03, 08:06 PM
Think of it in terms of, "You beat my uncle up, breaking both arms, his nose, shattering his pelvis, and his left leg." The response, "Dude, lighten up. He can recover in a few months after sufficient reconstructive surgery." doesn't exactly lead to a, "Oh, yeah. Didn't think of that. Never mind." response. In this world, armed assault is not well-received.

Jewel Thief
2007-02-04, 01:36 AM
Eugene's mentor was killed by Xykon, right? Why couldn't Eugene of done a resurrection spell and brought back his mentor, instead of cursing Xykon to the grave? Money a problem? Just sell all of his mentors stuff - potions, magical items, and crap. His mentor would probably appreciate just being alive.

Erathia
2007-02-04, 01:47 AM
Eugene's mentor was killed by Xykon, right? Why couldn't Eugene of done a resurrection spell and brought back his mentor, instead of cursing Xykon to the grave? Money a problem? Just sell all of his mentors stuff - potions, magical items, and crap. His mentor would probably appreciate just being alive.

Maybe Xykon used some ubermagic to bind his soul. Ultimately you're right though, adventurers should be able to magic up the gold needed to buy the gems, or if they're feeling cheap buy oils for 1/5th the price and find a Druid willing to cast Reincarnate, which has the added bonus of ignoring the inherent problem/question of bringing back the elderly.