PDA

View Full Version : The Epic Goose Chase IC [Low OP group]

Dr.Orpheus
2014-03-19, 09:11 PM
Alright so the High OP jumped on the first chance to leave, their are still other places to go the guards help brainstorm some options.
1) Talk to the head of the church
2) Find out if the person in magic fullplate is the goblin
3) Find an inventory list of the church treasury to make sure nothing was stolen
4) Try and find clues in the surrounding area
5) Search more at the ruined cathedral

Doxkid
2014-04-09, 02:18 AM
The Heroic Ending requests a complete inventory of the churches' holdings, both magical and non magical, and then meticulously reviews the items. His many eyes allow him to study dozens of artifacts and trinkets at once and every time he finishes studying a certain area or room or cluster of items he activates his Antimagic Gaze and repeats his examination to ensure nothing has been tampered with.

Although THE itself is silent there is always a cloak of whispered voices around the being. Thousands of tiny mutterings: "Yes, that depicts the Second Age of..." "Once owned by the Troll Pacifist..." "From before the ascension of..." "Acquired by warpriest of the Order of... as he looks over ten or twelve items and so on.

This is much less troubling than those continuously repeating aggressive messages: "Our power unmatched!" "Naught but memories shall remain!" "None can resist my might!"

---
Active Auras:
Minor Aura- Draconic Insight: +15 to all knowledge checks, spellcraft and decipher script.
Major Aura- Energy Focus: +10 to Force DCs (breath weapons, spells, etc)
Draconic Aura- Energy Potency: [6 x spell level] bonus damage on Force effects (spells, breath weapons, etc)
Second Draconic Aura- Draconic Spell resistance: +6 spell resistance.
-----
Actions:
Knowledge checks for every item on the inventory to verify each item's presence and authenticity. I'm most will fall under the purview of Knowledge Religion, but I'm sure there are at least a few rare exceptions that belong to some other Knowledge type.

Knowledge Religion: [roll0]
Knowledge Arcana: [roll1]
Knowledge Nobility: [roll2]
Knowledge Nature: [roll3]
Knowledge Planes: [roll4]
Knowledge Dungeoneering: [roll5]

Spellcraft check to compare the magical items to what is listed on the inventory: [roll6]

Separate spellcraft to see if turning magic off while scanning the room does anything it probably shouldn't: [roll7]

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-09, 09:54 AM
The Heroic Ending requests a complete inventory of the churches' holdings, both magical and non magical, and then meticulously reviews the items. His many eyes allow him to study dozens of artifacts and trinkets at once and every time he finishes studying a certain area or room or cluster of items he activates his Antimagic Gaze and repeats his examination to ensure nothing has been tampered with.

Although THE itself is silent there is always a cloak of whispered voices around the being. Thousands of tiny mutterings: "Yes, that depicts the Second Age of..." "Once owned by the Troll Pacifist..." "From before the ascension of..." "Acquired by warpriest of the Order of... as he looks over ten or twelve items and so on.

This is much less troubling than those continuously repeating aggressive messages: "Our power unmatched!" "Naught but memories shall remain!" "None can resist my might!"

---
Active Auras:
Minor Aura- Draconic Insight: +15 to all knowledge checks, spellcraft and decipher script.
Major Aura- Energy Focus: +10 to Force DCs (breath weapons, spells, etc)
Draconic Aura- Energy Potency: [6 x spell level] bonus damage on Force effects (spells, breath weapons, etc)
Second Draconic Aura- Draconic Spell resistance: +6 spell resistance.
-----
Actions:
Knowledge checks for every item on the inventory to verify each item's presence and authenticity. I'm most will fall under the purview of Knowledge Religion, but I'm sure there are at least a few rare exceptions that belong to some other Knowledge type.

Knowledge Religion: [roll0]
Knowledge Arcana: [roll1]
Knowledge Nobility: [roll2]
Knowledge Nature: [roll3]
Knowledge Planes: [roll4]
Knowledge Dungeoneering: [roll5]

Spellcraft check to compare the magical items to what is listed on the inventory: [roll6]

Separate spellcraft to see if turning magic off while scanning the room does anything it probably shouldn't: [roll7]
Unfortunately the inventory of the items was in the church and is now likely destroyed. With your knowledge religion every artifact you think would belong here are here.

PowerGamer
2014-04-09, 11:41 AM
Shrinking down to a smaller size to better fit in the crowd, Larry's purple skin changes to one more sand colored and the tentacles recede into his face, making him look more human. He follows THE quietly and doesn't say anything.

Reducing the ability of my tetramorph and using comsume identity to turn into a non specific human that I would have eaten in the past

Mousedigits
2014-04-09, 04:04 PM
Thurk, with nothing else to do, will try (Probably in vain) to search some more in the cathedral, for anything else.
Search:
[roll0]
I just had to roll a nat 1, didn't I?

Doxkid
2014-04-09, 05:39 PM
The Heroic Ending's shroud of voices thrum with displeasure at the lthere not bieng a list T.H.E. can compare to what he sees. His once stable form writhes and bubbles; eyes poke at the surface of his skin and many more mouthes erupt from every part of the orb to spout more hateful speech. "They are nothing to me! NOTHING!" "Flies the spider pities, all unworthy of its web." "Vermin cannot be expected to think. To understand." "Who doesn't keep a second copy of that?" "She will hear of this, rest assured. I can only hope she visits her wrath upon you with all of her swiftness and..."

"There is so much more to learn." A man's voice pipes in from the cloak of whispers around The Heroic Ending. His words are quiet but crisp; the sounds are so clear it is almost as if he is here speaking besides the horrible monster. Every wheeze, every hitch in his voice, every pause and stressed syllable is preserved perfectly and The Heroic Ending has allowed those around him to take in this voice's full glory."I know where I can get the answers I seek. I will take that knowledge. And I will enjoy it so, so, much...Hahahahahaha..."

And then the voices go silent. And The Heroic Ending Speaks.

"The. Highest. Power." Everything about this voice is oh so wrong. Every word is a punishment in its own right, but together the sentence is fit to overload the stoutest immortals; whether it crushes someone's minds or their spirit, there is too much wrong and far, far too much sickeningly right about the sounds.

The voices around T.H.E. then return. "Bring him..." "Bring him..." "Bring him..." "Bring him..." "Bring him to me...or I will go to him."

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-09, 06:49 PM
The guards a mix in a mix of fear and calm from living in such a diverse spectrum of alignments the ones that are more familiar to the vile sounding voices respond first and tell you where the Omniprelate was visiting before his temple blew up. A place know only as the Nallpitwicktiss room. Know for being the place that the Omniprelate goes to have conference with all the gods. The location is unknown to the guards, but you could wait for him at his house which has a much more knowable location.

Mousedigits
2014-04-09, 08:12 PM
"Well, that was effective... Thurk says. "However, you may want to have that... skin disorder... looked at. Not good at all for social situations. Now, I suggest we go and see this Omniprelate"

ben-zayb
2014-04-09, 08:35 PM
Jizi arrives at the scene a little later than he expected, although of course that's because he had high expectations. He strolls at the scene, staff in hand, towards his designated companions and the cathedral guards.

"Ah, finally! That took a while..." Jizi refers to his arrival. The voice is soft and very deep (bass), almost like a growling stomach, but the words are nonetheless crisp and audible. His posture is composed, if not a bit too relaxed, and even in his aging visage there's an energy that is normally only seen in bloodlusted barbarians. Or children.

"Oh, my. What have I missed?"

razorback
2014-04-10, 07:38 AM
Earon, after The Heroic Endings display, looks over at Jizi and says "Yeah, not much.", the sarcasm dripping from his statement.
Shaking his head with a small smile on his face, he looks around at the others before tuning in on Thurk and saying "Yes, I agree, I think that should probably be our first move. Anyone else have any other ideas or wish to proceed?"

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-12, 10:49 AM
I guess If you are all agreeing you can head to the house of the Omniprelate as he arrives home. He approaches with a quick hobble on his clockwork legs as his light yellow robe trails behind him and as the hobgoblin gets close you see the Yak Folks Staff of Quadruple Crowns symbolizing his rank.

Doxkid
2014-04-12, 12:28 PM
The whispers following The Heroic Ending quiet down and take on a slightly more humble tone as the Omniprelate approaches. "...all for the church. Without it I would never have..." "When children were consumed by the abyss I was allowed to..." "Lady Alexandria! We serve our god alone! No mortal order could..." "FROM OUR GOD'S BREAST THROUGH MY OWN! I GRANT YOU OUR MERCY!"

The Heroic ending closes his many eyes and withdraws his more...offensive offensive features. Tentacles are slowly slurped into his body and sores covered in fans are swallowed up by muscle and flesh rolls over many of his eyes until only the largest remains. The end result is an almost smooth orb, the leveled flesh interrupted only by a single massive eye, floating in place before the Hobgoblin.

"WE. SERVE.
WHAT. IS. LOST?"

A eyestalks burst from the back of T.H.E's body and glare at the people who accompanied him who have yet to show the Omniprelate proper respect, but those eyestalks retract back into T.H.E.'s body after a few moments..

Mousedigits
2014-04-12, 12:43 PM
Please excuse our companion. He isn't exactly the most subtle of us. We would like, as our friend here stated, to know what, if anything, was lost in the... scene in the square.

razorback
2014-04-12, 10:51 PM
Earon bows formally at the waist and introduces himself.
"Earon Tarkil, adventurer, former detective of the Deluvian State militia, along with archeologist and speaker for the Lakanian University, at your service."
Straightening, he waits for the others to introduce themselves to the Omniprelate before continuing.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-13, 12:36 AM
"Well enough met, and to answer your first question I have heard the left ear of Wartle has been severed and taken during an out of body experience of his."

ben-zayb
2014-04-13, 12:54 AM
"Hehe, that was awesome. Anything else? Something more of value, perhaps?", Jizi remarks, throwing all pretense of courtesy out the window.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-13, 01:21 AM
"Well Wartle's Ear is technically an Artifact and the only one I have heard that was stolen in resent history. I don't see how it is awesome; however if did not have a daily chat with the gods I could possibly see how such maters would arouse ones interests."

ben-zayb
2014-04-13, 01:52 AM
"Oh, not that. I was pertaining to the out of body experience. Speaking of, do you have an idea whether this out of body experience played a part on how the ear was stolen?"

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-13, 02:04 AM
"My impression was that his ear was taken while he was still not fully aware of his corporeal form."

razorback
2014-04-13, 11:42 AM
"Is Wartle currently aware of this corporeal form? Perhaps we could speak with him to get more information. A crime is a crime and if the two are related, we should follow the leads to their ends."

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-13, 05:30 PM
"Wartle is aware, but to visit him would take a long acclamation to a plane of pure chaos".

razorback
2014-04-19, 05:40 AM
As the group stands around and ponders, Earon perks up a bit. "Do you have any idea who who have something to gain from taking Wartle's ear? While an artifact, I imagine that it's uses are not without limit, so it must have been taken for a specific reason. Do you know what powers it possess?"

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-19, 06:23 PM
"From my understanding of how the ear worked while it was still attached is that it allowed one a genius-proof method to detect audible illusions." OoC it is the equivalent of true seeing, but for hearing instead of seeing, it also has a variable % chance to bypass an immunity to divination effects that someone may have.

ben-zayb
2014-04-19, 11:13 PM
"So... at least someone who needs to bypass other wards to further their goals--invasion, infiltration, reconnaisance, or the like.

Are there any more artifacts that might be stolen? Possibly something masked by audible illusions?"

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-20, 01:48 AM
"If I experienced any audible illusions they definitely worked and no other artifacts stolen unless the gods didn't want to tell me about it.

Mousedigits
2014-04-20, 11:15 AM
Well, and I'm just thinking aloud here, what if the gods DIDN'T want you to know. Or, at least, one of them. I'm sure one god can hide things from another, just as one person can hide things from another.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-20, 03:10 PM
"Yes the gods are definitely capable of that, but I don't know what motives would make them risk breaking the pantheon contract (The rules the gods are forced to follow to keep your nations government working)."

Mousedigits
2014-04-20, 04:20 PM
Well, not all Gods are good. Might this be a case of one of the more wicked ones hiring a servant to help him reach the top?

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-21, 10:39 AM
"The contract is very powerful, it has power over the individual gods. If a god has gone rouge they must have given instructions to a mortal before the contract was made. I won't rule that out though."

Mousedigits
2014-04-21, 04:34 PM
Well, how long ago was the contract made? If it was quite a while ago, say, 1237 years ago, it's not likely they contacted a mortal. However, there are immortal non-gods. Vampires might as well be immortal, as well as dragons. Hell, they may have stopped time for a mortal, so as to keep them alive from before the contract, so that these events could happen today.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-21, 06:42 PM
"The contract was made just over a thousand years ago, the main issue a god would have is the contract itself which restricts the use of divine powers for personal gain."

Mousedigits
2014-04-21, 10:18 PM
Well, which gods might mad about restriction of powers? Bhaal, Hoar, Gargauth? It could even be Tiamat, which furthers the theory that a dragon was told, before the pact was made, to help Tiamat overthrow the other gods at a later date.
OOC I hope I'm not steering us in the wrong direction.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-22, 09:48 AM
OoC: I won't say you aren't, but you did get a piece of information needed to make further questions about who to talk to next.

Doxkid
2014-04-23, 04:54 PM
T.H.E. watches and listens, processing the likelihood of every possibility and all facts that have been acquired until now. Several trains of thought can be heard speaking over each other, layering themselves so that many ideas overlap and combine into one. “…always seem to crawl out of the woodwork at the worst times…” “…emancipated from the bindings of their soul and left to wander into my little town...” “…of ‘em are still waitin’ out there, ya think? Like…eight we can’t see? Ten? It’s never just how many you see, ah can swear on that up ‘nd down ….” “Me? ‘Just’ me? No. I carry with me the strength of my god and all of her children. I am one of many. And you are dead.” “Do you really think that ‘god’ of yours can stand against ours? BLASPHEMY! If every powerful devil could call himself a god, then…” “Checkmate, little mortal. You were entertaining for a time, but you cannot win this contest with brute force alone. Defeating me would require cunning. The right words whispered in the right ears. Strategies that require the triumphs of my enemies and trickery built upon the failures of my allies. My victory was assured long before you were born. Your presence here is just a part of my plan. Thank you for serving your purpose so well…”

Dozens of dark pacts are repeated as an undertone to the words of these fallen warriors, voicing the last words of entire cults and the ramblings of twisted fiends.

“ONE. FOE. MANY. FOES.
OF. THEM. ALL.
WHO. IS. KNOWN?”

If T.H.E. must slaughter each and every being that has ever stood against the gods it now serves, merely to eliminate the true enemy that now skulks in the shadows, then so be it. They will simply become more voices trapped within it's body and magic, spilling secrets to be swept up by stray winds.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-23, 07:30 PM
"I've noticed that in the outer land the followers of Hexor tend to hate our omnireligion the most. The proxi tyrant Narza feeds them propaganda all hours of the day. The only other that has displayed the level of destruction on us that we have seen today is Dur the giant, but neither could display this level of stealth."

Mousedigits
2014-04-23, 08:19 PM
Well, that solves that problem. We thank you, Omniprilate, for this information. I guess we're off to see the tyrant, the wonderful tyrant named Narza.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-24, 11:22 AM
You find him blocking scrying with conventional means, but one of you may have a way around that and you could always just travel to his city instead of directly in front of him.

Doxkid
2014-04-24, 05:23 PM
“This ends now.”

The voices quiet down and The Heroic Ending summons great magic from within itself. There is screaming of course; there always is with some different volume or concentration among the voices that surround this creature, but this scream sounds…different.

There is a certain rawness and abnormality to it as if the sound is coming from a creature that rarely uses its true voice even to speak, let alone howling in pain as it is doing now. You can almost hear blessings being stripped from it, one after the other, leaving naught but a mortal woman freshly ripped from the pedestal that holds all holy beings.

Now it is the voices that are almost drowned out by screaming, an unwelcome change from an already undesired situation. “No! No, I shall not tolerate one more insipid…” “DO IT! MAKE IT SO!” “Stay back!” “HAHAHAHAHA...” “I have just the spell.” And the voices, the screaming, even the sound of the wind is swallowed up by the madness of a foul death, a dark story, the worst of The Heroic Endings.

“Narza?
FINE.
WE. GO.” It says with its own terrible, terrible voice. An eye stalk or tentacle or ribbon of flesh extends just barely into the reach of each being that has accompanied it to this place

And then it goes. If those around it are foolish (or perhaps brave) enough, they may go with it.

The Heroic Ending will use the SLA stored by Consume Magic to cast Greater Plane Shift to travel to the city of the dark master Narza.

As per Wish this is within the normal limits of the spell (Greater Plane Shift is a 8th level spell for Wizards) and is not subject to wish perversion or misinterpretation.

If people want to go with T.H.E. they can. T.H.E. probably wouldn't notice if it leaves everyone behind, but I'd assume those who have worked with it would react to it's 'offer' of transportation by accepting the spell.

ben-zayb
2014-04-24, 05:36 PM
Heheh.. Teenagers. Gotta love their energy., he thought while amusing himself with his ally's peculiarity.

Jizi joins in on the instant teleportation. It would take far longer if he did it on his own, and he isn't even sure if the place had a body of water anyway.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-25, 12:08 AM
You find yourself in a well lit tunnel with several branches leading off to underground houses their are many people in white cloaks and a few in purple cloaks walking around and within moments your are approached non-aggressively by a group of blue cloaks and one green cloak who speaks in a very cynical tone. "Welcome visitor, follow us. We have a background check and search to give you, then you are free to enjoy any of the entertainment activities in our brochure you will receive or request for anything else you might desire."

Mousedigits
2014-04-25, 06:52 AM
I guess you're Narza?

razorback
2014-04-25, 07:54 AM
As Earon hitches a ride with his unusual new companion, he is about to speak up when the huge horn creature speaks. Glancing up at Thurk, he slowly cranes his head back at the cloaked figure as he smiles and waits for it's response.

Sense motive on the response
[roll0] +30

After the response, he asks "When can we see the brochure?"

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-25, 04:27 PM
"No, I'm not Narza. Quite faltering though. You may see the brochure after the screening possess." He motions you to follow him as he responds. Through the next hallway there are no white cloaks and more purple and blue with a few other greens cloaks. You see a building marked Visitor Screening.

Mousedigits
2014-04-25, 05:13 PM
I do hope your buildings are able to accommodate someone of my size...

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-25, 05:48 PM
"Good point." the green cloaked figure strains as if giving a mental command then an iron golem rushes up to the building a tackles through the wall after you enter it places the wall in to the edges of where it broke off of and welds it together with eye rays then it begins to sweep up excess derbies.

ben-zayb
2014-04-25, 06:37 PM
"Alright, lead us on capitan!" At the current viscous-as-tree-sap pace, Jizi had the time to enjoy observing the path leading towards the Visitor Screening building.

Spot (for anything of interest): [roll0]
Listen (for anything of interest): [roll1]

Possible Knowledge check for more info on the place itself or people in it.
Kn (Arcana): [roll2]
Kn (Religion): [roll3]
Kn (Local): [roll4]
Kn (Dungeoneering): [roll5]
Kn (Nature): [roll6]
Kn (Geography): [roll7]
Kn (Architecture/Engineering): [roll8]
Kn (Royalty/Nobility): [roll9]
Kn (Psionics): [roll10]
Kn (the Planes): [roll11]

Depending on T.H.E.'s current auras those might get more bonus.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-26, 12:27 AM
After putting some thought into it you can see why this colorful underground city is run by high priest of Hexor, the color of cloaks are probably a form of status and there are likely strict laws upholding the peace. You can see that white and purple cloaks carry no weapons, blue and green cloaks have concealed swords.

The scanning requires you to be hit with a few disjunction spells (you are warned to take any magic items first) then they ask you basic questions about your past and your attitude towards authorities.

razorback
2014-04-27, 11:01 AM
At being told that he was going to be hit with a disjunction spell, Earon noticeably blanches. An internal dialogue, though quick, is evident on his face.
Practically growling, he says to the cloaked figure. "Fine, give me a key for a locker. Ruining my days plans for spells and such..." he trails off into whiney grumbling as he disrobes practically to his breaches.

Sense Motive
[roll0] +30 base + any bonuses from T.H.E.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-27, 11:22 AM
You sense that this really is protocol and there are not hostile intentions unless you break all their rules.

ben-zayb
2014-04-27, 05:19 PM
"Heehee. It's not like I mind following the law or being naked, but I request to see a copy of that protocol of yours, if only to be sure the procedure follows it to the T.", with his quarterstaff in hand, he also begins take off some of his items while formulating something.
Would it be a Search check to find a possible loophole to their rule from a written document, or just a raw Int/Wis check? Either way taking 11 with Aura of Perfect order
If Int check, 23
If Wis check, 34
If Search (or other skill) check, 77 (initiating Arcana Insight to substitute a Spellcraft check, then +8 to Spellcraft via holding quarterstaff, switching to Stance of Mystic Glory from Ghostly Defense, and Skillful Stance class feature from Stance Master)

If there are no Loopholes, he reinstates his AMF from being suppressed earlier. At least there's a chance they won't disjoin him (and AMF suppresses magic anyway).

Mousedigits
2014-04-27, 07:44 PM
Ahem, uh, what if my bone is magic, and casting disjunction on me might just kill me?

Doxkid
2014-04-27, 08:39 PM
The Heroic Ending allows the Disjunction spell to wash over its body but there is no detectable change afterwards. If anything the The Heroic Ending's entourage of disembodied voices spew filth twice as vitriolic and half as audible once the spell hits.

Eye stalks sprout anew from the almost smooth flesh of its main body and its many aggressive adaptation return to their proper states from the more respectful form it took on when before the Priest.

It is quiet (impossibly quiet) but one feint voice is repeated around The Heroic Ending. "Bugger that noise. If they want a brawl we've gotta go out and get them first." Let it never be said that T.H.E. does not value the other tools of the church.

Auras active-
Minor: Dragon's Charge: +15 Moral Bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls when charging.

Major Aura: +10 Circumstance bonus on initiative checks, Reflex saving throws, Dexterity ability checks and Dexterity-based skill checks.

Draconic Aura 1: +6 Enhancement bonus to spell resistance equal to the wyrmlord's aura bonus. This only applies to allies with spell resistance.

Draconic Aura 2: +6 Circumstance bonus to caster level when casting arcane spells (also applies to draconic invocations).

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-28, 02:27 PM
"Well you can protest protocol on account of your life and Narza will view your case and pass judgement there you may be allowed to wave the scanning possess or leave."
You may view the protocol on the wall which mentions Thurks options and in potential loop holes it appears that Narza will have the final decision on if anyone will be able to keep their items or skip the disjunction.

ben-zayb
2014-04-28, 11:22 PM
"Ah, yes, certainly... From a strict reading, it seems like your protocol had a caveat for situations like this, and your big boss gets the final say."

Mousedigits
2014-04-29, 07:20 AM
Soo.... When can we expect to get his "Final say?" Has he already been alerted to this problem by magical means, or will one of you have to fetch him?

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-29, 06:28 PM
The message is on it's way a Golem brings a scroll which he hands through the doorway instead of breaking the wall. "Narza has said that he will restore your bone armor if you allow it to be disenchanted."

Mousedigits
2014-04-29, 09:25 PM
I assume the same for my bone hammer? If so, I will happily go through. Also, I hope your citizens aren't too frightened by my skeletal minions?

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-29, 11:45 PM
"Oh we know no fear here, it is mandatory for all citizens. You may feel free to fear if you wish."

Mousedigits
2014-04-30, 07:32 AM
Thurk will go on through the disjunction procedure, mumbling Feel free to fear... War Hulks don't fear... Nor do Barbarians..." (This isn't in a self-encouragement way, if you guys see it like that. More in a scoffing tone.)

Dr.Orpheus
2014-05-01, 09:43 AM
You finish and get your pamphlet which has activities like sight seeing, fine food, and gladiatorial battles.

Mousedigits
2014-05-01, 03:49 PM
You finish and get your pamphlet which has activities like sight seeing, fine food, and gladiatorial battles.
OOC Are these battles to watch, or participate in?

ben-zayb
2014-05-01, 09:18 PM
"Ah! These dishes seem exotic and sumptuous... too bad I'm on official duty.", Jizi remarks after taking a quick look at the pamphlet. He strides with his quarterstaff in hand, and the non-magical (but very much finely-crafted) scarlet silk robe intact.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-05-01, 09:35 PM
OoC: The battles seem to be between criminals and white cloaks.

A black red cloaked individual guarded by 6 orange cloaks meets you outside the disjunction room "Once you have decided where to go let me know. I have the clearance to bring you to any place you are allowed to go."

razorback
2014-05-01, 09:52 PM
"If you don't mind, I believe the first order of business it for our group to see Narza. Perhaps, afterwards, we can enjoys some of your entertainment, but, right now, we are in the middle of an investigation."

Mousedigits
2014-05-01, 10:01 PM
I agree. However, before we do that, I will need my bones to be re-enchanted.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-05-01, 10:32 PM
"Your bones don't need to be magical for you to talk to Narza." He begins leading you down more hallways (unless you don't want to leave yet) with colors ranging from blue to red, and eventually the orange guards cannot follow then the red cloak stops at a door and says "I've never been beyond this door so I cannot provide any information regarding it other than the fact that Narza is somewhere beyond it and you will be under the watch the last rank of citizens identified by a black cloak."

Mousedigits
2014-05-01, 10:38 PM
Well, I guess not... *sigh* Okay, guys, let's head on in.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-05-01, 11:41 PM
Inside is a square room with a square table at the center with 16 chairs around it, a square grate is above the table, and there is a door an the other three walls of this room with a black cloaked figure standing by each of them. The chairs and table are adjusted to different heights by use of poles and clamps that look strong enough to pinch an archaic dragons finger off. The smaller chairs and the table have been raised to the height of the largest chair with ladders leading up to the seat, and although the legs of these chairs and table have thin legs for their height they are made of a strong dark looking metal. "Hello investigators." you hear a voice from the grate above say.

Tempestfury
2014-05-04, 08:47 PM
There was another figure already in the meeting room, situated in one of the seats and currently leaning back on the chair with a bored expression on his face. He was human, with what appeared to be a simply black robe covering his body. His skin had a lifeless, gray tinge to it and was very pale. Offset by his hair and eyes, completely black as he turned to the others. "So, your the group the Archprelate's sent me to back-up huh?" The human said, blandy as he looked over the others. "Guess introductions should wait till after the meeting."

ben-zayb
2014-05-04, 10:27 PM
Jizi furrow his brows and shift his gaze up above, looking for whoever, or whatever, spoke. "Hello! Narza, I presume? We're here to ask you some questions regarding a recent... attack... on a cathedral."

Dr.Orpheus
2014-05-05, 03:08 PM
"I don't see why I would answer such questions, I was here whenever that attack was. I've not left my city in years."

razorback
2014-05-06, 07:13 AM
"Great Narza, we know that you could not have perpetrated the crime, but as your knowledge is vast and deep as the oceans of space, we have come seeking your guidance on the matters regarding the cathedral. While the matters may not affect you directly, you can see the ripples the attack will bring to the area, setting up ever expanding vortices of chaos that would be bad for any endeavors that one would undertake except for those who perpetrated the crime. In essence, passively not helping is no different than helping them, which is probably what these individuals expect and need to accomplish whatever plan they have set out to accomplish."

Knowledge check on Narza
[roll0] + any bonuses from his new partners.

Diplomacy on Narza
[roll1]

Sense Motive on Narza's reply
[roll2]

Dr.Orpheus
2014-05-06, 09:32 AM
Narza uses the better of 2 rolls [roll0][roll1] (Partial success: Narza will still resist circumstantially because of his reputation, but not as well).
"Well as much as that is true for others my nation is as far from chaos as any that has ever existed. While I hate criminals the enemy of my enemy is my friend as they say, unless the archprelate wants to forgive me for my continued propaganda."

ben-zayb
2014-05-15, 05:28 PM
"Enemy of my enemy, eh? Verily, if I were a brilliant schemer, it's hard to consider counting on my enemies genuinely believing fallacies like that. That would be very insulting to the wisest and most insightful of them, wouldn't it? I mean... divide and conquer is one of the oldest tricks in the art of war. More inaction and less cooperation means the third party amasses more power in less time--unimpeded.

I'm not much of a historian, but I've already witnessed thousands of such plots go down that road... it's almost laughable to think that some just never learn from the mistakes of the past.

Narza, whoever attacked your enemy's territory know what they're doing--the execution was subtle, swift, and untraceable. They're accumulating more power, perhaps as we speak."[roll0]

Dr.Orpheus
2014-05-15, 10:20 PM
"I still have no reason to give you an answer, but here is some advice I'm not concerned with others power because in my own domain I can be overtaken by none. This criminal obviously trying to send a message that will become more clear in future attacks, just like my message for others to worship me is very slowly griping all of the nations surrounding yours."

razorback
2014-05-21, 08:04 AM
"I would offer caution, Great Narza. Even a Great Wyrm can be felled by the lowly archer, for even the dragons have chinks in their armor that may not be readily apparent to the dragon. A good bit of planning and more than a sprinkling of luck can fell the mighty dragon. If this assailant can divine the weakness or turn one's strength against their opponent, none may be safe. Better to err on the side of caution, I would think. If nothing else, the archprelate may turn a blind eye to your propaganda for help in this matter. I obviously cannot speak on his behalf, but matters are what they are and even he can see the value in cooperation, even if a value is assigned to it."

Dr.Orpheus
2014-05-21, 12:25 PM
"I founded this city on paranoia and while these threats to my safety exist I will never be too prepared for them, but I can prepare for this terrorist with or without taking risks in other areas."

Doxkid
2014-07-06, 05:39 PM
The Heroic Ending waits through the diplomacy of lesser beings as it has many times before. Oh so rarely does it matter what those around it are willing to say early on; sooner or later the beings will come to say what it wants them to. Often enough they scream what he wants to know. Typically while begging for mercy or help form their masters.

The din around T.H.E. changes overtly: the chortling of voices rise above the screams, then balance perfectly to let speech be heard. "I'll manage. I always do." "Raise my...Raise my WHAT?" "It's not like that though, is it? You dont send me. You just dont stop me." "Where are we going? Will we make friends there?" "I smell a coward. I SMELL LUNCH!" "That's nice, but don't you think you're taking yourself a bit too seriously? You are naught but a pretty face and enough magic for your grandparents to be proud. A single warm bed in a sea of opportunity. I would sooner slay an insect than waste a swing of my sword on the likes of you. Stand aside, fool."

"We. Seek. Dur?" The Heroic Ending's own voice is, for once, not confident. It seems that the strange being lacks something here; information about the target, most likely. It is difficult to teleport somewhere you have never been, and travelling across the planes to a new place is an even greater task. It will be taxing. This is within the powerful creature's ability, yes, but on just so. And warping to a place blindly is rarely a good idea, even if it the mystical travel would not drain significant power from a mage.

A single eye atop a freshly sprouted eyestalk turns to each of T.H.E.'s companions. "Speak." It demands.

Auras:
Minor- Draconic Insight: +15 to all Knowledge, Spellcraft and Decipher Script checks
Major-Energy Focus: +10 to Force DCs
Draconic (1)-Energy Potency: [Spell level x 6] bonus damage on force spells & effects
Draconic (2)-Draconic magic: +6 circumstance bonus to arcane caster levels

---
Looking for information about Dur from an ally.

Mousedigits
2014-07-06, 06:28 PM
Looks like Dur is our target, for lack of a better term. For now, at least. What do you guys think?