PDA

View Full Version : turning spell-like/supernatural abilities into extraordinary

Raishoiken
2014-03-20, 06:30 AM
Anybody have a way to do this?

Psyren
2014-03-20, 09:16 AM
Homebrew :smalltongue:

(Alternatively - find a monster with an Ex version of the thing you want and shapechange into it.)

Necroticplague
2014-03-20, 10:52 AM
If your a scaled one of toril, a sarrukh could make/give such an ability. Including manipulate form itself. Just watch for flying books.

Raishoiken
2014-03-20, 10:55 AM
Damn...i just wish there was an official feat or prestige class ability that let you master one of your spell-like or supernatural abilities to the point where you don't need magic to use them

Rubik
2014-03-20, 11:05 AM
Damn...i just wish there was an official feat or prestige class ability that let you master one of your spell-like our supernatural abilities to the point where you don't need magic to use themI know you can use Ravenloft's Legacy of the Blood sourcebook to create Devices -- which are mundane versions of magic items. They require one feat (Craft Device) rather than the mix-em-up/mash-em-up assortment of other item feats, and can represent any kind of item, from wands to weapons. However, they run off of batteries, which hold up to 50 charges, are really expensive, and can explode rather easily. So just use the cheapest fuel cell you can find, ensure that the duration of the device is either Permanent, Instantaneous, or Continuous, and use a single charge to run it forever. Voila.

Of course, that doesn't work for things that aren't magic items (or, as an extension, spells), such as the metamind's font of power ability.

Raishoiken
2014-03-20, 12:31 PM
I know you can use Ravenloft's Legacy of the Blood sourcebook to create Devices -- which are mundane versions of magic items. They require one feat (Craft Device) rather than the mix-em-up/mash-em-up assortment of other item feats, and can represent any kind of item, from wands to weapons. However, they run off of batteries, which hold up to 50 charges, are really expensive, and can explode rather easily. So just use the cheapest fuel cell you can find, ensure that the duration of the device is either Permanent, Instantaneous, or Continuous, and use a single charge to run it forever. Voila.

Of course, that doesn't work for things that aren't magic items (or, as an extension, spells), such as the metamind's font of power ability.

For the specific build I'm after, i'd need the creature to be able to use it extraordinarily by itself, rather than through an item or something like that

Rubik
2014-03-20, 12:43 PM
For the specific build I'm after, i'd need the creature to be able to use it extraordinarily by itself, rather than through an item or something like thatI asked this same question once upon a time and didn't get anything except Devices out of it.

Raishoiken
2014-03-20, 01:06 PM
I asked this same question once upon a time and didn't get anything except Devices out of it.

Poo... Alrighty then, the help is still appreciated :), I will Prolly use those devices for another build sometime