PDA

View Full Version : Artificer DMPC help

Buufreak
2014-03-20, 02:47 PM
Just like the title says, I am looking to make a lvl 15 artificer for a very story heavy game, but never built one before. Does anyone have any sort of suggestions to make him worth while and commanding? He is supposed to play the role of a leader/mastermind.

dascarletm
2014-03-20, 02:58 PM
Just like the title says, I am looking to make a lvl 15 artificer for a very story heavy game, but never built one before. Does anyone have any sort of suggestions to make him worth while and commanding? He is supposed to play the role of a leader/mastermind.

SIDE-NOTE:
Be careful with having a DMPC as a leader, some people won't like that, some people will, but you know your players best. I'd stress first of all that you consider these things.

Now on to the artificer!

You could have the artificer lead a force of machines! Warforged/golems/etc. Have him pick up the feat craft construct, and give him a houserulled Leadership that has him "make" a bunch of warforged as followers and a cohort.

As far as worthwhile, what exactly do you mean? Worthwhile for the players to interact with?

Buufreak
2014-03-20, 03:03 PM
Thanks for quick reply, already love the idea of a mecha-lord. I'm looking to make someone who might be a leader in the nefarious sort of way. Give the party ideas and quests that would push them from their comfort zone, and soften them up to more evil means of getting things done. He wouldn't venture with the party, but more hand out quests and influence, while remaining a force to be reckoned with (I have one of those parties that loves to kill NPCs, then try to justify it as good).

So, mechanical leadership sounds good, what else for spells and the such?