PDA

View Full Version : Psychological Effect of Becoming an Ex-Paladin?

John05
2007-02-03, 05:39 PM
I haven't much time to delve into this now...

but has anyone thought about what the psychological effect of becoming an ex-paladin would be?

The recent comic has made me wonder, because the fall from grace was very explicit with thunder lightning and obvious loss of power.

Not only is there the shame involved but the ex-paladin no longer has immunity to fear. I wonder if a paladin's immunity to fear applies to other sources of fear rather than *just* fear effects (like frightful presence and spells), such as fear of abandonment and so on.

You think Miko snapped now, wait till she ponders her situation without the benefit of her Aura of Courage. :smallbiggrin:

(Or maybe she already snapped because of it? She seemed somewhat frightened in her fight against Roy, which I don't think has happened yet.)

Well, that's all the time I have for this for now (though I would like to add more thoughts later). Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

~John

Wyborn
2007-02-03, 05:44 PM
I think it gives like a +8 to her Go Crazy check, which is good! Without it she'd never make the DC of five billion to advance to her next level!

The Extinguisher
2007-02-03, 05:59 PM
If anything, the big spectale by the gods, Shojo's last words and Roy's combat chatter will cause her to snap and blame the gods for being tainted"by the evil Order of the Stick. She'll wish to strike down the gods and anyone 'evil.' I.E. Anyone who doesn't agree with her.

Thats the only way I see her becoming a blackguard.

Callista
2007-02-03, 06:03 PM
It represents a great loss. Depression is the likely result.

Demented
2007-02-03, 06:26 PM
1/1d10 Sanity loss.

Between Shojo's betrayal/assassination, Roy's assault, and her attack on Hinjo, I'd say someone, who has been running low on Sanity for a while now, is in deep... something.