PDA

View Full Version : Guessing Xykon vs. The IFCC; Can it happen?

Kruploy
2014-03-20, 03:54 PM
Seeing as the evil oranges are personally responsible for siccing Evil!V on Xykon and seeing as their plan involves personally flipping the bird on the poor old lich, can we expect some villain on villain action?

Or is Xykon simply too story relevant to engage and likely lose to the orange reapers before getting owned by the OoTS + Durkula?

I am personally leaning towards the latter but I don't think Xykon's going to lose control without knowing why he lost said control so I think a Xykon vs. IFCC is also likely.

What do you think?

Agreed?

Denied?

Xykon vs. Redcloak?

I <luv> Xykon?

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-03-20, 04:13 PM
I'm not sure why Xykon would ever encounter the IFCC, or why he would trace what Vaarsuvius did back to them.

Xykon vs. Redcloak is more likely, with Redcloak probably losing.

Zmeoaice
2014-03-20, 04:13 PM
Well the IFCC aren't allowed to interfere much with people from the material plane, so I don't think it will happen.

Smolder
2014-03-20, 04:14 PM
Xykon won't fight the IFCC.

But Belkar might, posthumously. He's certainly bound for one of their in-boxes.

Keltest
2014-03-20, 04:54 PM
In a hypothetical situation where the IFCC defies all established laws of their existence in order to encounter Xykon as a lich, they'd win for sure.

Amphiox
2014-03-20, 07:06 PM
If it were not for their non-interference clause (how exactly is that enforced, though?) I have little doubt that the IFCC could make Xykon cease to exist with the metaphorical twitch of an eyebrow.

Keltest
2014-03-20, 07:08 PM
If it were not for their non-interference clause (how exactly is that enforced, though?) I have little doubt that the IFCC could make Xykon cease to exist with the metaphorical twitch of an eyebrow.

Magic. Maybe a wizard did it.

Vinyadan
2014-03-20, 07:14 PM

I think it's something like "we main forces of good don't actively work on the earth, same for you, and only use small(er) forces to run errands and same for you, and our personal domains stay out of the war".

Less destruction on earth, and much less destruction in the outer planes.
And a good situation for plotting and taking preemptive countermeasures.

Maybe, when Thor personally went to smite Mr Fierygiant, Mr Fierygiant had already breached the rules, and Thor had the right to go and take him out. Other people may act on their own initiative and not be bound by the contract (such as the evil party in Roy's Mum's home).

This is, of course, mere speculation.

Chessecakeman
2014-03-20, 07:16 PM
For the same reason anybody wouldn't want to breach a contract: they don't want to be sued. :smalltongue:

Codex
2014-03-20, 07:22 PM
I hope not. I don't want Xykon to die as an anticlimax. I'm personally hoping for Xykon vs. Darkon.

ti'esar
2014-03-20, 08:39 PM

Not that I expect it to happen, but why is everyone so certain of this? Most statted archfiends have historically had CRs around the 30s at most, which is also what the currently-speculated upper limit for Xykon's level is.

Kish
2014-03-20, 09:12 PM
Not that I expect it to happen, but why is everyone so certain of this? Most statted archfiends have historically had CRs around the 30s at most, which is also what the currently-speculated upper limit for Xykon's level is.
My guess is, "Because they were able, without apparent effort, to give Vaarsuvius an amount of raw power that would have crushed Xykon had Vaarsuvius been smarter about using it."

If the archfiends wanted to destroy Xykon and were allowed to use their full power to do so*, I'd think splicing a dozen wizards each to themselves would be the first step of preparing for the battle.

*In other words, if Rich decided to make the climax of the comic be a group of third-string villains crushing the main villain while the actual protagonists are uninvolved. So yeah.

Pokonic
2014-03-21, 03:50 PM
The only way for Xykon to conceivably end up being even close to the IFCC, going by his current actions, is if he get's offed from the mortal coil and his soul gets funneled down to one of the three fiends.

YossarianLives
2014-03-21, 03:54 PM
Xykon might win a fight VS Redcloak. But honestly i think Redcloak is much more intelligent than Xykon. Yes even though liches get a bonus to int. What I'm getting at is Redcloak would actually have a plan rather than blast it until it falls overs.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-03-21, 04:01 PM
Xykon might win a fight VS Redcloak. But honestly i think Redcloak is much more intelligent than Xykon. Yes even though liches get a bonus to int. What I'm getting at is Redcloak would actually have a plan rather than blast it until it falls overs.

However, skilled strategy or not, blasting it until it falls over could work on Redcloak. Xykon is a rather high-leveled lich sorceror, and even with all of Redcloak's strategy, Xykon could still win. Especially if the MitD is there. Also, we have seen Xykon demonstrate the ability to think intelligently.

Haldir
2014-03-21, 04:14 PM
I suspect the Fiends would consider this a win if they got Xykon's soul. Control of the planet within the rift is more like betting long on a stock.

Tanuki Tales
2014-03-21, 04:24 PM
Maybe, when Thor personally went to smite Mr Fierygiant, Mr Fierygiant had already breached the rules, and Thor had the right to go and take him out.

Surtur. Thor was fighting Surtur.

Codex
2014-03-21, 06:45 PM
Xykon vs. Redcloak: Xykon would win. As strong and smart as Redcloak is, there's no way he coukd fight both Xykon and MitD

FallenFallcrest
2014-03-21, 07:22 PM
The whole fight would not make sense. The IFCC is not able to directly influence the Material Plane unless making a deal, and there is little way for Xykon to ever know that they were responsible for V attacking him.

Also, I doubt Xykon even cares that much any more, it made him buff up his protections and defenses, and put himself on offense (Which is exactly what the IFCC wanted, anyways). They would not want to get involved with him and just want him to create chaos. He is one of the unknowing pawns that the IFCC mentioned to the Imp.

If Xykon managed to figure all this out and somehow got down to Nine Hells Plaza, (which the three directors would try to prevent at all costs by using subtlety) he would not stand a chance against an army of damned souls and incredibly powerful infernal creatures.

Anyways, about Xykon vs. Redcloak; Redcloak has his tricks to keep Xykon focused on what Redcloak wants him to do, and might even have some countermeasures against Xykon in a fight, but those countermeasures would be nothing more than to stall. Redcloak would not stand a chance, and honestly, he knows that. If Redcloak could best Xykon, there would be no point for him to keep Xykon around. Redcloak could just bind his phylactery (which can happen, a powerful caster can bind a lich's phylactery to make him a slave construct called a grisgol/scroll mummy) and use Xykon's power to command the gates, crush the Order of the Stick, ensure the greatness of the goblinoid races, and then take a break for lunch. But of course Redcloak is NOT that powerful, and must instead use his intellect to play the would of politics and intrigue.

If Xykon did find out that Redcloak was planning on betraying him, he would either kill Redcloak, or Redcloak would flee and move onto a contingency plan, if he has one. (Which may be unlikely since he has single-mindedly spent so much time and effort sunk into secretly pulling the wool over the skeletal eye-sockets of ole' Xykon).

StLordeth
2014-03-31, 09:10 AM
I don't know why the IFCC would ALLOW a Xykon encounter.

If they did, I suspect Xykon would get destroyed.

Anarion
2014-03-31, 10:59 AM
I think it's something like "we main forces of good don't actively work on the earth, same for you, and only use small(er) forces to run errands and same for you, and our personal domains stay out of the war".

Less destruction on earth, and much less destruction in the outer planes.
And a good situation for plotting and taking preemptive countermeasures.

Maybe, when Thor personally went to smite Mr Fierygiant, Mr Fierygiant had already breached the rules, and Thor had the right to go and take him out. Other people may act on their own initiative and not be bound by the contract (such as the evil party in Roy's Mum's home).

This is, of course, mere speculation.

What is this "earth" you keep mentioning? :smallconfused:

My guess is, "Because they were able, without apparent effort, to give Vaarsuvius an amount of raw power that would have crushed Xykon had Vaarsuvius been smarter about using it."

If the archfiends wanted to destroy Xykon and were allowed to use their full power to do so*, I'd think splicing a dozen wizards each to themselves would be the first step of preparing for the battle.

*In other words, if Rich decided to make the climax of the comic be a group of third-string villains crushing the main villain while the actual protagonists are uninvolved. So yeah.

Assuming it works that way. The IFCC is a small organization. They may not have any other really powerful souls besides the three that they used. Nor is it clear that their own personal power necessarily exceeds that of the soul splice they created. It probably does, sure, but it doesn't have to. They could be managers with a lot of knowledge but not necessarily that much world-shattering power at their personal fingertips.

That said, we have seen them use an advanced time stop effect when they arrived to deal with Vaasrsuvius, and the yellow one fielded an angry call from Tiamat herself without dying (and apparently took several kinds of dragon breath in the process), so they're probably pretty strong individuals and I'd guess that Xykon would lose if it came to it.

I honestly can't imagine why it would though. If the IFCC personally intervened, it would have to be for something like seizing a gate on the spot, and I'd suggest that their fight would end up being vs. the Snarl, if anything. Which I put in the Snarl's favor because I have a personal policy of not betting against god-killing abominations in a straight up fight.

Mith
2014-03-31, 05:20 PM

Asmodeus is kinda scary...

Keltest
2014-04-02, 06:26 AM
Assuming it works that way. The IFCC is a small organization. They may not have any other really powerful souls besides the three that they used. Nor is it clear that their own personal power necessarily exceeds that of the soul splice they created. It probably does, sure, but it doesn't have to. They could be managers with a lot of knowledge but not necessarily that much world-shattering power at their personal fingertips.

It almost definitely works that way; you don't get to be any sort of major power within the lower planes hierarchy without having major power to kill everyone who had the position before you, and anyone who wants to take it from you.