PDA

View Full Version : Tales of a Black Blade

jedipotter
2014-03-20, 05:39 PM
Impiltur is a nation united by necessity, formed from individual city-states after a hobgoblin invasion. Like their northern neighbours, Impilturans are highly religious, devoted to the worship of the Triad of Torm, Tyr and Ilmater. Members of paladin orders control many of the kingdom’s assets, dedicating themselves to the prosperity and security of the people.

Impiltur’’s wealth lies in trade, for all
its major cities are seaports. Before the
days of unity, the four cities had close
ties with Procampur, Sembia, and with
their fellow city-states along the Inner Sea. Now the ships all sail under
the Impilturian banner, and the
traders manipulate the market quite to
their own advantage.
Furthermore, Impiltur has become
the gateway between east and south.
The nation acts as liaison between the
Bloodstone Lands and the powers of
the Sea of Fallen Stars . Ashanath, Narfell,
and Rashemen beyond the Great
Dale also conduct much business
through Impiltur. The strange goods
that flow into Impiltur from these lands
can bring high prices.

jedipotter
2014-03-20, 08:08 PM
Impiltur fought The Fiend Wars for years, noble knights and others vs. the demons. Until the forces of good won. The demons were defeated. The land was a bit at peace, at least with no demons. By the wise knew the demons would not stay gone forever. And slowly they did come back.

Duri ng this time your parents were adventures....enter that part of your backstory.

Volos
2014-03-20, 08:36 PM
Wolfgang (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=833195)'s parents were adventurers who fought against all manner of evil creatures in their past. It was they, along with their friends, that saved Impiltur from it's doom at the hands of the demonic forces of evil. Damian and Wolfos Volos were human adventurers who fell in love after obtaining peace for their homelands. The others who fought alongside them were Xaphan Lothar and Claudia Galfien; both powerful in their own right and just as dedicated as Wolfgang's parents. It was always thought that Xaphan and Claudia would end up together, but it never came to pass. Xaphan changed. Without warning he betrayed his friends, killing Claudia in cold blood and damning Damian and Wolfos. It shamed Damian that he couldn't avenge Claudia's death and it killed Wolfos inside that the woman who was like a sister to her was gone forever.

Xaphan escaped with his life, retreating to the protection of his dark masters. If it wasn't for Wolfos being with child, they would have hunted the bastard to the ninth circle of hell. Little did they know that Xaphan's treachery went much deeper than simple murder. When the child was born they could see the signs of corruption. Horns upon his brow, a long leathery tail, fiery red hair, and darkened skin with patches of scales. Their son was born a tiefling, known by the Impilturians as 'the tainted'.

Wolfgang's life was harsh. Growing up children would avoid him, unless they had some crackpot plan to steal treats or break into an old abandoned house... then they'd invite him to their plots only to lay the blame on 'the tainted' when the adults caught them. He was never fully accepted. Tolerated for a time perhaps, but never actually treated like an equal. He learned to harden himself, to focus on his training with his father or the odd jobs he could get as a young adult before going out on his own.

Little that Wolfgang knows, his curse is not only of his blood but of his soul. The one who becomes closest to him is doomed to be consumed by a demon lord. The same demon lord with which Xaphan made a pact. In exchange for the death of Claudia, the one prophesied to be the downfall of the demon lord, and the corruption of the Volos's child he would gain eternal life and power beyond any mortal. This demon lord would wait until Wolfgang's soul would meet it's soul mate and then he would consume that poor soul, innocent or otherwise. The torment of this would surely drive the young tiefling to embrace his the dark nature of his blood and start the transformation of Wolfgang into a demon lord.

jedipotter
2014-03-20, 11:19 PM
Wolfgang like many problem children spent most of his life on the move. Your parents moving from town to town whenever they felt things got too bad. Until the day, living with your parents in the tiny village of Whisperhollow when the knights came.

Five men on horseback and a single woman. Four of the men wear the standard guard outfit: plate armor, white tabors, gray cloaks timed in white fur, and white plumed helms. The fifth man is the same, but has a red sash. The woman is in brown robes.

"I am Einar Lothbrokson, a knight of the realm. I am here seeking a person by the name of Wolfgang" he says loudly.

Volos
2014-03-21, 06:17 AM
Until this disturbance, Wolfgang had been performing his chores. The appearance of a knight of the realm had to be of some importance, but why they would come for him he could not fathom. What manner of Knights are these men in regards to Impiltur? The tiefling approached the men on horseback, keeping enough distance between himself and them that if things turned sour he would have a good chance to run. Do they mean me harm or good will? Putting on his best friendly face, Wolfgang met gaze with the man who spoke and said, "You have found him. What business do you have with me?"

Knowledge (Local): [roll0] What manner of Knights are these men in regards to Impiltur?
Sense Motive: [roll1] Do they mean me harm or good will?

jedipotter
2014-03-21, 05:41 PM
="Checks"
local they look to be standard knights of the realm in the service of the crown.

sense motive there weapons are not drawn, and they have a mostly relaxed and even bored look, except the one with the red sash who looks intrested.

Einar Lothbrokson "Ah, well met" He says as he dismounts "I need to speak with you. You....are needed."

Volos
2014-03-21, 10:06 PM
"Needed? Not likely." Wolfgang dropped the stack of wood he had been moving, sighing as the weight of the wrapped bundle was taken off of his shoulders. "Tieflings like myself are rarely needed. There have been those that have needed me to remain off certain streets. Others that needed me to leave town completely. So tell me, Knight Lothbrokson, what is it that you need me to do."

jedipotter
2014-03-21, 11:55 PM
Einar Lothbrokson "Ah, I see you speak your mind and have a sharp tongue. But, let me explain.

There are dark forces all across our land. We defeated them in the Fiend Wars, but we did not destroy them all. Evil, like weeds, just keeps coming back. And that is what the knights, clerics and paladins do. Seek out the evil and destroy it. But knights and the rest work best fighting evil out in the open. Evil they can see and fight toe to toe. But evil does not always show itself in the open. Often it is hidden, hiding in the shadows. And knights, and the rest also can't do some of the more.....shall we say less then noble things that need to be done.

So the king had an idea. A group of knights, unlike the standard ones. Black knights. Ones that can do such things. And a couple of years ago, he did just that. We entered the dark places and the shadows, and struck out against evil. And we have had quite some success. But we feel we can do more. Much more. And that brings us to you."

Volos
2014-04-01, 09:19 AM
Wolfgang listened intently to the man's little speech, his eyebrow quirking slightly as he heard him mention 'black knights'. Crossing his arms over his chest, the Tiefling sighed. "Black Knights, eh? I suppose you think that the best way to fight the darkness is with something even darker? Blacker than (k)night..." He uncrossed his arms, placing one on his hip and extending the other. "I have been looking for work, this is just as good an opportunity to get away from this place as any. So what do I have to do?"

jedipotter
2014-04-01, 10:10 PM
einar "just to be clear....we are not looking to fight evil with evil. Just fight back with a touch of gray.

If it sounds like something you want to do, just say yes. You will need to leave for the capital with us"

Volos
2014-04-02, 04:09 AM
I know how these humans think. Playing along will work in my favor. Clearing his throat, smirking the entire time, Wolfgang replied, "Yes, yes, yes... I was only jesting. Now, shall we be on our way on the morrow? Or are we leaving this very moment?" Conner, if he was 'out', would want to say goodbye to his parents before leaving. But for the moment, Wolfgang was present. The goody-two-shoe of a son would miss saying goodbye if they left immediately.

jedipotter
2014-04-02, 07:44 PM
Einar "We will leave within the hour. You have time to gather your things and say goodbye. We will return with a horse for you to ride.". He says with a smile.

Volos
2014-04-03, 11:06 AM
Wolfgang nodded to the man saying, "I understand." He left to find his parents and tell them goodbye. He allowed Conner access to the memories of the conversation with the knight, modifying it slightly so his other self wouldn't quite remember what Wolfgang had said exactly. Conner would share a heartfelt and tearful goodbye with his mother and father before packing up his belongings and readying himself for the trip. Within the hour he was waiting outside, his parents standing nearby to watch him go. I'm ready.

jedipotter
2014-04-03, 08:21 PM
They return shortly, with a empty black horse for you.....then it is just a quick ride to the outlands of the capital.

So saying at this time you be ''zero level'', would you want to role play through training, meeting other black nights, meeting mentors and so on or just skip to graduation day?

They head toward a dark, black stone castle..........

Volos
2014-04-04, 10:59 AM
I suppose we can roleplay it all out if you'd like. Would make any social connections more viable for later use. I would care more about my mentor being harmed or threatened if I actually experienced the roleplay with him.

Conner felt apprehension as they approached the darkened castle. While he trusted that most people were inherently good, he never knew what to expect from humans. Hoping for the best he followed the knights lead.

jedipotter
2014-04-06, 10:55 PM
The black stone castle is full of young people, future black knights all. They are a mix of males and females. A mix of humans, dwarfs, cat-like humanoids, turtle-like humanoids and even a couple of teiflings. You don't get much time to socialize. The first couple of weeks are simple basic training, then lots of tests. You learn your basic skills and class features. At least half of the people you saw on the first day wash out and leave. And that leaves a class of twenty. And you finally get some free time to socialize before the more advanced traing starts.

Soliloquy is a female tiefling who keeps an eye on you throughout the training.

Sunha Swordcleaver a female half orc
Maria Fireheart a female human
Tern Halfsnake mostly human? male
Kellen Wintersun human male
Valkrun Darkheart human male
Lugen Sandbanks is one of the turtle like humanoids

Volos
2014-04-07, 09:56 PM
(((Unfortunately I will have to drop out of this game. Suddenly I'm moving several months ahead of schedule, to up to the end of May but with the way my wife is talking it might just be the middle or beginning of May. Sorry for such short notice, but is just about as much notice as I received.)))