PDA

View Full Version : Heal/Hurt Marvel Universe Heal/Hurt II

Pages : [1] 2

Kelvin360
2014-03-20, 06:13 PM
Rules:
Each day any person on this forum can vote to Hurt (-1 Health) and Heal (+1 Health) (once each, unless otherwise stated) one of the listed characters. Each character starts the game with 10 Health. There is no max Health. When a character ends the day with their Health below 0 they are listed as UNCONSCIOUS. Last character standing wins.

Endgame begins when there are four characters or less left alive and takes exactly two days. All special days and God Powers are canceled and UNCONSCIOUS characters go straight to the LIMBO list. The remaining four characters are then reduced to a single hp and divided up into two brackets for semifinals matches. All players get one heal and one hurt vote per match. If you only cast a Heal vote in an Endgame match, then a Hurt vote will be assumed for the opponent and vice-versa. The winners are paired up for a Championship match the next day while the losers go to a Consolation match to decide third place. The rules regarding the two matches are the same on the second day as on the first.

Changing your votes is permitted at any time up until I post the new day.

Special Days:
Medical Monday: Every player gains an extra Heal vote to assign how they wish.

Triathlon Tuesday: The character with the most ‘Triathlon’ votes at the end of the day activates a two-choice vote as if they had Powered Up, but does not go into Power Up status.

Wham Wednesday: Every player gains an extra Hurt vote to assign how they wish.

Three Choice Thursday: Three choices for a new character will be presented. However, these are guidelines. If a player submits the name of a Marvel character they would rather have join the crew and it passes by a majority vote from agreeing players, that character will join instead.

Freedom Friday: Every player has a total of three votes to assign as heal or hurt votes however they want.

Smackdown Saturday: The two living characters who receive the most ‘Smackdown’ votes will engage in a duel, with the character having the highest Health of the duo gaining +5, and the one with the lowest losing 5. Some characters will win over other characters no matter how much health they have, such as Magneto vs. Wolverine.

Saving Grace Sunday: The UNCONSCIOUS character that receives the most Revive votes will be raised from their state at 10 Health. Characters who are unconscious for two Saving Grace Sundays without being Revived go to LIMBO, are permanently eliminated from the game and cannot be Revived ever, unless something incredible happens. UNCONSCIOUS characters who are not Revived on a Saving Grace Sunday are listed as UNCONSCIOUS to show that they only have one more Saving Grace Sunday before going to LIMBO. As well, a character that has been Revived will have a ‘+’ next to their name to signify this, and the next time they fall UNCONSCIOUS, they instead go directly to LIMBO. Also, if an UNCONSCIOUS character takes direct (as in, they're the only ones affected) damage from a Power, they instantly go to LIMBO.

Powering Up:
When a character reaches 20 Health, they have enough raw power and experience in the field to POWER UP. When in this state, the character is immune to all hurts and heals, and cannot be affected by any special day bonuses or powers that do not specifically target them. Additionally, two choices become available to the players related to the character in question, that can hurt, heal, or have a special effect on one or a group of other characters. POWER UP effects cannot affect another character who is also in POWER UP mode unless otherwise stated in the power description. POWER UP lasts for one day. The day after they POWERED UP a character experiences POWER UP COOLDOWN during which time they are reduced to 15 Health plus an additional 2 Health for each previous time they have POWERED UP. The amount of Health required to POWER UP increases by 5 each time. Characters who are 5 or less Health away from POWERING UP will have their health colored blue to alert players of their status.

If a character is reduced to 0 Health or less, they also trigger a power, called a Beatdown power.

SUPER COMBO!
If five or more powers (Beatdown and Regular can be combined for this purpose) activate at once, that day becomes a Super-Combo day, affecting not only some of the powers but the next few days as well.

First, all powers add a third option to the choices list, and the top TWO most voted will pass.

Second, the next day’s power effect will be changed (if six characters activated, the day after will also change, the day after that if seven, etc.).

Thirdly, a number of powers equal to the total that day divided by two will be supercharged. For example, if six characters hit Power Up on the same day, for three of those characters, all three options will change from ‘Heal’ to ‘Instant-Power-Up’ or ‘Hurt’ to ‘Instant Unconsciousness’.

For example, if one of the two chosen on a Fusion day were Thor, the options may look like this for the God of Thunder:

Still My Brother: Power Up Loki
Puny Human, Your Ego Needs To Be Curbed: KO Iron Man
Respected Warrior: Power Up Captain America

If the most voted powers were Still My Brother and Puny Human, Iron Man would be knocked out and Loki would Power Up.

The next available opportunity to trigger a Super Combo is the day AFTER all effects have ceased. So if on Monday four heroes Powered Up, then Tuesday and Wednesday's effects would be doubled, on Thursday no effects would occur additionally, and on Friday you could trigger another.

Special Super-Combo Days -
Retcon Sunday - One unconscious or in limbo character is retconned into life, returning to 10 HP

Healing Factor Monday - The character with the most votes will start regenerating, gaining 3 Health per day for a number of days equal to their current health divided by 3 if it’s below 20, or divided by 5 if it’s above 20. The healing factor can’t send someone to Power Up, though. They’ll stop 1 Health short.

Ultimate Power Tuesday - The character with the most votes is sent to Power Up mode, but both powers are doubled in effect. As well, all enemies of that character take 2 damage.

Killed Off For Real Wednesday - The character who receives the most KofR votes is set to unconscious status if alive, or limbo status if unconscious.

Player Appeal Thursday - Every player votes for a character they like (that isn’t already in) or a character another player has suggested. The two with the most votes join the game.

Heal/Hurt Bomb Friday - Each player gets 3 votes to spend how they like. However, if all three are spent on a hurt, the hurt character takes double damage for today and the next, and if they are all heals, the opposite occurs.

Spectacular Standoff Saturday - Everyone votes for a character to participate. The one with the most votes enters Power Up, and those with the least votes takes 10 damage or the new Health of the winner divided by 5 (whichever is higher). However, if there is a tie with no clear winner, all of the participating characters lose their current health, and are rendered UNCONSCIOUS.

Kelvin360
2014-03-20, 06:15 PM
I'm back, ladies and gentlemen.

First order of business! We need to get some characters in here. As I recall, I provided complementary slots last time. Not so again. Instead, all players will get two votes. This vote will determine our starting roster. Thus, one player could vote for Red Skull and Scarlet Witch, and so forth.

Multiple votes for the same character are a waste of votes, but don't do anything special.

The game begins tomorrow at sundown. Get voting!

ElBeardo
2014-03-20, 10:30 PM
Dead Pool and Luke Cage

RabbitHoleLost
2014-03-21, 10:04 AM
Iron Fist/Danny Rand and Quicksilver/Pietro Maximoff please

banjo1985
2014-03-21, 10:30 AM
No love for the villains/antiheroes?

Venom and Sentry/Void, please. :smallbiggrin:

Meph
2014-03-21, 01:45 PM
Green Goblin (not a game winner maybe, but he still deserves some mention in my taste)
Captain America (we'll even need somebody to smack down, won't we?)

WindStruck
2014-03-21, 06:07 PM
What is this? :smallconfused:

How about... Al Gore and Manbearpig.

Kelvin360
2014-03-21, 06:18 PM
What is this? :smallconfused:

How about... Al Gore and Manbearpig.

Hm. The former is technically part of the MU, as far as I'm aware. The second...not so much. :smalltongue:

This is essentially a forum-based game show. By vote, the players systematically eliminate or assist competitors (from this particular branch (http://marvel.wikia.com/Main_Page) of the comic book industry). Full rules are in the first spoiler of the OP.

Kelvin360
2014-03-22, 01:36 AM
I figured Deadpool would be on the list almost immediately.

"Check me out! I'm more popular than Wolverine now!"

We have representatives from quite a few super teams right off the bat, actually. Half the Thunderbolts are on our roster, both Heroes for Hire, the first Avenger, an Inhuman/Brotherhood member, and...uh...Sentry.

"It's so good to be recognized."

I'll let Windstruck retain their two votes should they elect to stay in the game. Otherwise, the polls are open, and with any luck, they shall be tallied alongside a shiny new forum a week or so from now.

And now for the daily announcements. Luke?

"I'll keep this short and sweet, because Danny and I have a rumble to get ourselves caught up in. Today's Smackdown Saturday, and that means the folks in the spectator booths get a vote each."

"The two competitors with the most votes will go head to head in the ring. Two go in, and two come out, but one will be flush with victory and the other...less so."

"Man, you know what this reminds me of?"

"Mortal Kombat?"

"How'd you guess?"

"I still remember the 'Johnny Cage' job, even if you suppressed the memory."

"What's that? I can't hear you, I'm busy wailing on Osborn!"

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America
-
-

Deadpool
-
-

Green Goblin
-
-

Iron Fist
-
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver
-
-

Sentry
-
-

Venom
-
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
None

Polls Open For Smackdown Saturday

Meph
2014-03-22, 05:32 AM
Heal Deadpool
Hurt Captain America
Smackdown Green Goblin

Kelvin360
2014-04-03, 08:14 PM
Not really enough votes for a Smackdown. It looks like everyone declared a truce.

"Not my fault. I tried to lay a beat down on the Goblin, but he flew away on his hoverboard."

"I'd like to see you try and catch me, Cage!"

"In news that's not at a stalemate, it's finally Friday. We've provided care packages of three votes to each player. Heals and hurts in any combination."

"But mostly heals. For ME."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America
-

Deadpool
+1
-

Green Goblin
-
-

Iron Fist
-
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver
-
-

Sentry
-
-

Venom
-
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

Polls Open For Freedom Friday

Meph
2014-04-04, 06:34 AM
Triple hurt Captain America

You could consider to add an index of voices' colours and charachters. Whose was that red selfish one asking for heals?

Kelvin360
2014-04-05, 02:07 PM
Colors now added to the names of characters in the results table.

"This seems familiar..."

"All right, time for a rematch, Goblin!"

"Not unless you've grown wings in the interval."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America
-

Deadpool
-
-

Green Goblin
-
-

Iron Fist
-
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver
-
-

Sentry
-
-

Venom
-
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

Meph
2014-04-05, 07:35 PM
Heal Deadpool
Hurt Captain America
Smackdown Green Goblin
And... Summon Player IX!

Kelvin360
2014-04-06, 01:18 AM
"Call me crazy, but I don't think you're high enough level to cast that spell yet."

Yeah, and the game isn't high enough level to register a Smackdown. Still.

"I'll get him eventually!"

"Seeing as how no one's knocked out yet, there's nothing special about this Sunday except that we've gone another day without Sentry killing everyone."

"Are you people ever going to let the Void thing go?"

"Probably not."

"Nope."

"Not a chance."

"MEDIC!!"

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America
-

Deadpool
+1
-

Green Goblin
-
-

Iron Fist
-
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver
-
-

Sentry
-
-

Venom
-
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

Polls Open For Normal Sunday

Meph
2014-04-06, 12:26 PM
Normal heal Deadpool
Normal hurt Captain America
Sigh, I had not levels enough to cast that spell. But a player can dream. Or download Progress Quest and let it cast.

WindStruck
2014-04-06, 04:34 PM
-- ayer IX!

What? Goddamnit, not this again!!

WindStruck won't obey! He hurts a random character (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17261251&postcount=1277) in his confusion!

Hurt: Venom
Heal: Iron Fist

*disappears in a poof*

Kelvin360
2014-04-07, 08:52 PM
It's a little late in the day to just proceed with Monday, so we'll do doubles early. Fisty, the rules?

"The rules are 'don't call me Fisty'."

"All right, this here's Medical Monday. Pretty simple. Every player gets an extra heal vote to toss around."

"In this case, it's me and my healing hand."

"Healing factor."

"Super Soldier Serum (ow)."

"Pfaugh! I'll stick with my drugs, thank you!"

"Alien symbiote."

"I'm invincible to begin with."

"Uh, okay. It's MOSTLY me and my healing hand."

"Second order of the day; Triathlon day. You cast a vote each, and the winner gives the rest of us a piece of his mind."

"You know, having run a few Triathlons in my time, I can safely say they're nothing like this."

"Oh, shut up and die so I can have your shield. I bet it sells for like a billion dollars on eBay!"

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America
-

Deadpool
+1
-

Green Goblin
-
-

Iron Fist
+1
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver
-
-

Sentry
-
-

Venom
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

Polls Open For Medical Monday/Triathlon Tuesday

WindStruck
2014-04-08, 06:01 AM
Man, you make awesome games. I think I will stick around even though I don't really know.... 5 of these guys. :smalltongue:

Heals: 2 for poor Captain America

Hurt: 1 for Mr. "I'm invincible"

And how about a triathlon thing for... quicksilver. He's been awfully quiet.

Meph
2014-04-08, 02:33 PM
Heal Deadpool and Green Goblin
Hurt Captain America
Triathlon Quicksilver

Kelvin360
2014-04-09, 12:46 AM
I think I will stick around even though I don't really know.... 5 of these guys.

Well, you know, a 45% margin isn't bad.

"I'm back."

You LEFT?! How? Why? Where were you?!

"I went to the moon for some popcorn. I didn't miss anything, did I?"

"We don't have any orbital transport..."

"Who says I flew?"

"You walked to the moon?"

"Don't be ridiculous. My speed only works under pressure. I ran to the moon."

"B."

"Hm. That's actually closer to a Triathlon than I thought we'd get."

"S."

"Whatever. Popcorn?"

"No thanks. It's stupid onomatopoeia day. Two hurts per player. Fantastic."

"Why is HE announcing?!"

"Fair play. Also, full disclosure; I stole your chain belt."

"You little punk-!"

"Sold for eighty grand on eBay."

"...Really? What else of mine you figure we could sell?"

"Your jeans, probably. (Sucker)."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America
+1
-

Deadpool
+1
-

Green Goblin
+1
-

Iron Fist
+1
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver
-
Triathlon Winner

Sentry
-

Venom
-
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

Special Powers Available Today:

Friction: -3 Venom
Spacers: +3 Sentry

Polls Open For Wham Wednesday

WindStruck
2014-04-09, 04:06 AM
Friction
Hurt: 2 on venom
WHAM!!

Heal: quicksilver. Because popcorn is tasty.

Meph
2014-04-09, 12:33 PM
Heal Deadpool
Double hurt captain America
Friction

Kelvin360
2014-04-10, 12:48 AM
"I'll go out on a limb and say some of us needed that."

"AAARRAAAGH IT BURNS US!"

"Guess you can't please everyone. Listen up; someone's getting dropped off tonight. We got three vague hints, but it could still be anybody."

"That means you can vote to bring in any Marvel character you want, kids - those triplets below us are just guidelines!"

"All right. Someone translate. What's he going on about now?"

"Just go with it."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America
-

Deadpool
+1
-

Green Goblin
-
-

Iron Fist
-
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver
+1

Sentry
-
-

Venom
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

Suggestions Available for Three Choice Thursday:

Colored Skulls
Coated Skulls
Smashing Skulls

Polls Open For Three Choice Thursday

Meph
2014-04-10, 12:46 PM
Heal Deadpool
Hurt Captain America
Coated Skulls

WindStruck
2014-04-10, 08:26 PM
I have no idea what these skulls are supposed to even mean. :smalleek:

Jack Skellington? Wait, not from Marvel. haha

Heal deadpool
Hurt Luke Cage

Skulls... uh...? yes sure why not...

Kelvin360
2014-04-11, 12:27 AM
In this case, the skulls are coated in fire.

"Ahh. I remember this game. Let's get going - I have vengeance to wreak."

"That's just great. Now we've got a skeleton with a vendetta. Friday again, folks, that means three votes however you want 'em."

"You feel that? That's me, about to level up."

"I see I already have my first target."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America
-

Deadpool
+2
-

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
-
-

Iron Fist
-
-

Luke Cage
+1
-

Quicksilver
-

Sentry
-
-

Venom
-
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

WindStruck
2014-04-11, 02:17 AM
Cool, ghost rider! I was thinking of him! (BTW, I hurt Luke Cage)

Heal: 1 ghost rider
|
|
v
Hurt: 2 deadpool

Meph
2014-04-11, 05:12 AM
Hurt Sentry
Double hurt captain America

Kelvin360
2014-04-13, 01:13 AM
"Gah! I was hoping I could get away with that."

"Me too! Ow!"

"And that's what we call vengeance."

"What about Cap?"

"That's what we call just too damn bad. Now get back to the game before I roast one of you."

Sorry about how late this ended up being. I lost track of a bunch of things, this being one of them. This would technically be a raise dead day, but oddly, I don't think anyone wants to get Cap back u[. So two heals, two hurts, and a smackdown vote each.

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America
UNCONSCIOUS

Deadpool
-

Ghost Rider
+1

Green Goblin
-
-

Iron Fist
-
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver
-

Sentry
-

Venom
-
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

Polls Open For Smackdown Saturday/Saving Grace Sunday

WindStruck
2014-04-13, 01:43 AM
Heal Green Goblin and Quicksilver

Hurt Sentry and Venom

Smackdown with Green Goblin

Oh, and also, it was my plan to revive Captain America all along. :smallcool:

Kelvin360
2014-04-15, 01:44 PM
My mind is going. Not only did I forget this yesterday, I forgot about Cap's KO power vote. So...yeah. Three heals, two hurts, a Triathlon vote and a Beatdown power. Hopefully I'll remember to update this tonight.

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Deadpool
-
-

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
+1
-

Iron Fist
-
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver
+1

Sentry
-

Venom
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

Beatdown Powers Available Today:

Dislike of Skulls: -3 Ghost Rider
Completely Vibration Absorbent: -3 Quicksilver

Polls Open For Medical Monday/Triathlon Tuesday

WindStruck
2014-04-15, 02:24 PM
Yes, perhaps you got a lot on your plate... since the game doesn't seem that popular, I suppose it wouldn't matter if you just abandoned it at this point. Anyway let's see.......

3 heal: ghost rider
2 hurt: venom
triathalon: iron fist
beatdown: quicksilver

goser234
2014-04-15, 02:30 PM
triple Heal: Venom
Double Hurt: Ghost rider
Triathlon: Venom
Beatdown: dislike of skulls

Kelvin360
2014-04-15, 10:09 PM
"A wild goser appears! GM uses Random Number Generator! It's Super Effective!"

True story. Sentry, five-minute version or you're fired.

"The generator granted Venom unspeakable power and struck Quicksilver with what remained of Captain America's shield, and now all players are able to use an extra hurt vote for the rest of the day."

What was the time on that?

"Uhhhh..."

"Over five minutes. Get over here, sunshine, got a little surprise for you."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Deadpool
-
-

Ghost Rider
+1

Green Goblin
-
-

Iron Fist
-
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver

Sentry
-
-

Venom
+1
Triathlon

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

Power Up Powers Available Today:

Fire Bad, Solar Fire Worse: -3 Sentry
Crazy Enough to Work: +3 Deadpool

WindStruck
2014-04-16, 12:43 AM
Let's pick... Crazy enough to work!

Heal Venom.

Hurt Quicksilver, hurt Iron fist.

banjo1985
2014-04-16, 02:32 AM
Heal: Venom
Double Hurt: Quicksilver
Crazy Enough to Work

WindStruck
2014-04-16, 02:36 AM
Oh my god! Players! Players are returning! :smallsmile:

OzzyKP
2014-04-16, 09:18 AM
Double Hurt: Deadpool
Fire Bad, Solar Fire Worse

goser234
2014-04-16, 04:29 PM
Fire Bad, Solar Fire Worse

Kelvin360
2014-04-16, 10:29 PM
"It's enough to make a horribly disfigured mutant shed a tear."

"Enough about Osborn, we have bigger fish to fry."

Welcome, one and all! You've arrived just in time for a Three Choice Thursday. Once again, the choices provided are optional - if you have a better idea for an addition to the roster, slide 'em in!

As for me, I seem to be in a singing mood...

"In other news, the RNG came down in favor of Sentry getting his face burnt off. We can't say he didn't have it coming."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Deadpool
-

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
-
-

Iron Fist
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver

Sentry
-

Venom
+4
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

Suggestions for Three Choice Thursday:

Make Me Wanna Shout
He's a Magic Man
Rock You Like a Hurricane

Polls Open For Three Choice Thursday

WindStruck
2014-04-17, 01:11 AM
Hurt Iron Fist, heal Ghost Rider, and I will go with the magic man... thing.

banjo1985
2014-04-17, 02:38 AM
Heal Deadpool
Hurt Quicksilver
Here I am, Rock You Like a Hurricane!

OzzyKP
2014-04-17, 08:13 AM
Heal Venom
Hurt Deadpool
Make Me Wanna Shout

ThePhantom
2014-04-17, 06:19 PM
heal deadpool
hurt sentry

He's a Magic Man

Kelvin360
2014-04-17, 11:15 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Dr. Strange, a man who is, in fact, very magic.

It's Freedom Friday again. Three votes each, any way you want 'em.

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Deadpool
+1
-

Dr. Strange
-

Ghost Rider
+1

Green Goblin
-
-

Iron Fist
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver

Sentry
-

Venom
+1
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

OzzyKP
2014-04-18, 03:30 PM
Triple Hurt: Deadpool

WindStruck
2014-04-18, 04:47 PM
hurt Sentry
hurt Luke Cage
heal Green Goblin

goser234
2014-04-18, 07:24 PM
Double Hurt: Sentry

Kelvin360
2014-04-19, 12:24 AM
"That scent in the air? Brimstone with a hint of rosemary? That's poetic justice."

"Aghth..."

"Shut up and burn, you insufferable headcase."

"You aren't gonna do a thing, are you Strange?"

"Most assuredly not. Unless they lock eyes, this issue is entirely nonmystical. Besides, I'm enamored by this back issue of Wizard Weekly."

"That's...not a thing. That's not real."

"We're not real, Fisty, get with the program!"

"I'm mostly busy running in terror, but don't forget to cast your Smackdown votes. Just not on me."

"Why, because it'd one-shot you?"

"Shhh!"

"Hey, it means they won't pick on me this time. It's like a triple win, but just for me!"

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Deadpool
-

Dr. Strange
-

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
+1
-

Iron Fist
-
-

Luke Cage
-

Quicksilver
-

Sentry
UNCONSCIOUS

Venom
+1
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

WindStruck
2014-04-19, 01:39 AM
No, hang in there Quicksilver! Heal quicksilver

*votes for him to get into a smackdown anyway*

Hurt Venom

OzzyKP
2014-04-19, 11:21 AM
Heal: Green Goblin
Hurt: Deadpool
Smack down: Venom

ThePhantom
2014-04-19, 09:14 PM
heal Doc Strange
hurt green goblin
smack down: green goblin

Kelvin360
2014-04-20, 12:49 AM
What's all the commotion over here?

"Set up a pit-fight. But Goblin ran away on his glider again, so it's just a duo."

"You know, officially, I can't condone this."

"And unofficially?"

"I'm betting on the Black Lagoon Spider-Man clone."

"Gaaaaah! It's doing things that should not be done!"

Please tell me you're doing something more ethical with your time, Doc.

"Of course! Mr. Wilson and I were just experimenting with a little spell to get the good Captain back on his feet."

"And I have to be tied down for this?"

"No, no you do not."

This is what I get for putting all of the morally questionable superheroes in one room together...no wonder Cap got knocked out so quickly.

"All right, that lumbering oaf and his flaming ninja sidekick aren't hunting me town, so it's time for the news. There's a choice to be had, here. You can either revive the self-righteous patriot from a bygone age, or the unnecessary pile of space rock with more psychosis than me and a superiority complex on top of it. Or you could just choose neither. There's no right answer (the last one), sort of like choosing between being hanged or drowned."

Was...all the negativity really necessary?

"No, but it improves ratings. Just ask the real news."

Sigh...Deadpool?

"Generic 'we're-bashing-the-media-we're-so-hip' joke noise! Badum-tsh!"

Thank you.

"Can you cut me down? These mystic chains are cutting off my circulation."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Deadpool
-

Dr. Strange
+1

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
-
-

Iron Fist
-
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver

Sentry
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Venom
+4
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

Polls Open For Saving Grace Sunday

WindStruck
2014-04-20, 02:11 AM
Ok, NOW let's revive Cap'n 'Murica!

Heal strange, hurt deadpool. :smallsmile:

OzzyKP
2014-04-20, 06:40 AM
Heal: Dr. Strange
And it IS Easter after all, we HAVE to resurrect Captain America.

WindStruck
2014-04-20, 11:26 AM
Oh right didn't even realize the connection. Or perhaps we could always throw in ressurecting Jesus. I know he's not from Marvel, but I'm sure he's got to be a rejected superhero! Then again, he got KO'd 10,500 Saving Grace Sundays ago, so it probably wouldn't count.

ThePhantom
2014-04-20, 10:38 PM
heal doc strange
hurt green goblin
raise captain america

Kelvin360
2014-04-21, 12:59 AM
Saved by the bell, Cap.

"Glad to be back in the ring."

"Why won't someone just kill me..."

"We're not done eating yet, that's why."

That's...what'd you say earlier, Strange?

"Messed up beyond belief?"

No, the other one.

"Mildly disconcerting?"

Yeah, that. Merry re-Christmas, everyone. Have an extra heal vote on the house.

"That doesn't have anything to do with the holiday!"

Thanks, captain obvious.

"You promoted Deadpool while I was gone? Really?"

"That's a turn of phrase. You sure that concussion from when we put you under didn't last?"

"Who are you?!"

"I ain't getting paid enough for this..."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America+
-

Deadpool
-

Dr. Strange
+3

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
-

Iron Fist
-
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver
-

Sentry
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Venom
-
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

Polls Open For Medical Monday

WindStruck
2014-04-21, 03:21 AM
Double Heal Strange

Put down Old Yeller. Er, I mean hurt quicksilver.

OzzyKP
2014-04-21, 09:30 AM
Double Heal: Captain America

Kelvin360
2014-04-22, 01:04 AM
Uh-oh, Strange is looking pretty healthy. It's only a matter of time before the pedestal gets knocked down.

"So long as I do not resort to chicanery such as commentary about how 'no one can stop me now', as Deadpool had...wait, does pointing it out qualify? Blast it!"

"Enjoy it while you can, wizard; you're next on our meat list."

"Venom, do you know what Falteen Flame is?"

"Some mystical mumbo-jumbo meant to scare us, we expect."

"Rather close. It's a blast of magical energy that sticks to organic surfaces like napalm and burns three times as hot as an open flame."

"And if you get uppity, we can see how you think hellfire tastes."

"We hate you all."

"We must maintain...ahem. Triathlon day has run around again. I'm guessing by now everyone knows the drill."

"But you wouldn't have spoken up if you weren't going to tell us anyway."

"Look, it was either this or try and beat down Deadpool for six hours. Do you have any idea how futile that is?"

"Yeah."

"Right. Whatever. Special day, most votes gets special powers, go crazy. I need to go iron fist something."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America+
+2

Deadpool
-

Dr. Strange
+2

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
-
-

Iron Fist
-
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver
UNCONSCIOUS

Sentry
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Venom
-
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

Polls Open For Triathlon Tuesday

ThePhantom
2014-04-22, 01:27 AM
heal doctor strange
hurt green goblin

banjo1985
2014-04-22, 04:34 AM
Heal Deadpool
Hurt Captain America
Triathlon Iron Fist

OzzyKP
2014-04-22, 05:03 AM
Hurt Deadpool
Heal Captain America
Triathlon Captain America

WindStruck
2014-04-22, 07:14 AM
Hurt Green Goblin, heal Luke Cage, triathalon green goblin

Kelvin360
2014-04-22, 11:49 PM
*SMASH!*

*Ding!*

Woah, what the heck was that?

"Dude! You hit that wall so hard you leveled up!"

"Huh! I guess there was enough of a chi backlash to-"

"You. Leveled. Up."

"Fine, whatever."

"Hey, hit 'Pool across the face a few times and see if it happens again."

"Am I the announcer for this again? Fine. More idiotic alliterative days. An extra dose of pain is available to all. And now that Rogers has amnesia, I need to go and stick a Red Skull mask on Venom, see where it gets us."

"I doubt Venom will oblige."

"Are you kidding? It was his idea."

"We're hungry again. Sue us."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America+
-

Deadpool
-
-

Dr. Strange
+1

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
-

Iron Fist
-
-

Luke Cage
+1
-

Quicksilver
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Sentry
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Venom
-
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

Triathlon Powers Available Today:

One-Two Punch: +3 Luke Cage
The Line Between Us: -3 Deadpool

banjo1985
2014-04-23, 02:33 AM
Heal Deadpool
Hurt Dr Strange and Captain America
One-Two Punch

WindStruck
2014-04-23, 02:59 AM
One-two punch
Heal Dr. Strange
Hurt Venom x2

OzzyKP
2014-04-23, 12:13 PM
Heal: Captain America
The Line Between Us

goser234
2014-04-23, 04:10 PM
heal: Captain America
Double Hurt: deadpool
The Line Between Us

OzzyKP
2014-04-23, 04:20 PM
Yes, perhaps you got a lot on your plate... since the game doesn't seem that popular, I suppose it wouldn't matter if you just abandoned it at this point. Anyway let's see.......

I can't speak for everyone, but for me at least I don't watch this forum like a hawk. Every few months if I've checked through all my games and I'm sufficiently bored to explore some of the forum that isn't on my subscribed list I'll take a glance at the message board game forum to see if there are any interesting hurt or heal games. Of course that means sometimes I join one four months after it started.

I got lucky and found this one reasonably soon after it started. :smallbiggrin:

Kelvin360
2014-04-24, 12:08 AM
"By the Hoary Hosts of Haggoth! He simply won't fall!"

"Hah...hah...you said 'hoary'..."

"Where were you a minute ago, Ghost?"

"Nowhere."

"OUR FACE! OUR FACE IS ON FIIIIIIIRE!"

"I stand by my previous statement."

Let's give Ghost Rider something to wax angry about with today's suggestion theme.

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America+
+1

Deadpool
-

Dr. Strange
-

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
-
-

Iron Fist
-
-

Luke Cage
+3
-

Quicksilver
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Sentry
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Venom
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

Suggestions Available for Three-Choice Thursday:

Seven Deadly Sins
Six Holy Virtues
I Don't Really Care

Polls Open For Three-Choice Thursday

banjo1985
2014-04-24, 02:32 AM
Heal Deadpool (lost cause, I know)
Hurt Captain America
Seven Deadly Sins

OzzyKP
2014-04-24, 08:03 AM
Hurt: Iron Fist
I Don't Really Care

WindStruck
2014-04-24, 03:29 PM
Heal Strange, Hurt deadpool, and I don't really care. :smalltongue:

Kelvin360
2014-04-25, 12:22 PM
Sorry about the lateness and brevity of this post, everyone. I've been (and am) racing to get packed. Don't worry, I'll be maintaining this thread while I'm away.

What do you think of all this moralizing, Wolverine?

"Bub, you said it in the category. I'm just here for the beer."

You all know the drill, folks! Three votes any way you want them!

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America+
-

Deadpool
-
-

Dr. Strange
+1

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
-
-

Iron Fist
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Sentry
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Venom
-
-

Wolverine
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

OzzyKP
2014-04-25, 12:27 PM
Triple Heal: Captain America

goser234
2014-04-25, 03:16 PM
hurt: Deadpool
Heal: Wolverine

WindStruck
2014-04-25, 10:45 PM
Heh, I'm on a sort of mini vacation too! Still got a bit of internet though~ :smallsmile:

Hurt Deadpool, hurt green goblin, hurt Venom

Meph
2014-04-27, 02:53 AM
I see a few things are changed.

Triple hurt Captain America!

Kelvin360
2014-04-27, 03:58 PM
So, I erroneously assumed that I would have internet access while I was away. Oops.

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America+
+1

Deadpool
UNCONSCIOUS

Dr. Strange
-

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
-

Iron Fist
-
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Sentry
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Venom
-

Wolverine
+1

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:

Polls Open For Smackdown Saturday/Saving Grace Sunday

WindStruck
2014-04-27, 05:38 PM
Heal Ghost Rider, Hurt Wolverine

Smackdown with Green Goblin (Someone confiscate his hoverboard, Damnit!)

Revive... nobody. Not that I'm abstaining the vote, my vote is to revive no one!

goser234
2014-04-27, 05:54 PM
Hurt: Ghost Rider
Heal: Captian America
smackdown: Ghost Rider
Revive N/A

OzzyKP
2014-04-27, 09:07 PM
Smackdown: Captain America
Revive: No one

Kelvin360
2014-04-28, 12:16 AM
Wow, this is a turnaround from earlier in the game. I guess everyone saw the movie.

"I'm feeling better, now. Got any orders for me?"

Yeah, apparently we have a request for you to knock Goblin off his glider...?

"Got it."

"What are you doing with that sh- AGH!"

*WHACK!*

"Anything else?"

Uhhh...nope. Take five.

"Sorry, boss, but I'm a little wired. Liberty never rests. Let's move it, everyone!"

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America+*
+9
Power Up!

Deadpool
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Dr. Strange
-

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
-

Iron Fist
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Venom
-
-

Wolverine

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry

Powers Available Today:

Avengers Assemble!: +2 Dr. Strange, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Quicksilver, Wolverine
Paradigm Shift: Replace Venom with 'Flash' Thompson version, +3 Venom

banjo1985
2014-04-28, 02:47 AM
Heal Iron Fist & Green Goblin
Hurt Venom
Avengers Assemble!

WindStruck
2014-04-28, 08:38 AM
Heal ghost rider, heal luke cage, hurt venom, avengers assemble!

OzzyKP
2014-04-28, 08:44 AM
Double Heal: Wolverine
Paradigm Shift

Meph
2014-04-28, 01:34 PM
Double heal Green Goblin
Hurt Iron Fist
Paradigm Shift

goser234
2014-04-28, 03:29 PM
hurt: Ghost Rider
Double Heal: Venom
Paradigm Shift

Kelvin360
2014-04-29, 12:09 AM
"Hey ugly! My turn."

"AGH! Is being on fire not enough?!"

"Not really. You called, Cap?"

"Affirmative. We have trouble. Osborn's got his hands on some of Wolverine's DNA, and Iron Fist is bleeding out. I have Dr. Strange patching him up, but we could use a distraction."

"One smash-and-grab coming right up."

"Godspeed."

"Hnh. Makes me wish the webhead was here. Never thought I'd say that."

"I know, right?! This would go so much faster!"

"The Sorcerer Supreme can't bring me down, but you think a two-bit photographer can manage it??"

"Dude. Spider-Man ALWAYS beats you."

"He does not!"

"No, he really does. Deal with it."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
+3
-

Captain America+*
-
Cooldown

Deadpool
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Dr. Strange
-

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
+3
-

Iron Fist
-

Luke Cage
+1
-

Quicksilver
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Wolverine
+2

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry

WindStruck
2014-04-29, 03:32 AM
What happened to Venom? :smallconfused:

Uh... let's heal strange, hurt fist, and let wolverine triathlon for some slicey dicey.

OzzyKP
2014-04-29, 08:52 AM
Hurt: Dr. Strange
Triathlon: Wolverine

Meph
2014-04-29, 02:37 PM
Heal Green Goblin
Hurt Dr Strange
Triathlon Wolverine

Kelvin360
2014-04-30, 12:16 AM
What happened to Venom? :smallconfused:

He was replaced by another bearer of the symbiote, one Eugene Thompson. Same suit, different face.

"It's a better-looking one, at least."

"On an unrelated note, I'm pretty sure the Goblin is now able to eat lead, literally."

"Tch. One side, Patriot Boy, I got this."

"And I got a bad feeling about this..."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-
-

Captain America+*
-

Deadpool
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Dr. Strange

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
+1
-

Iron Fist
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Wolverine
+1
Triathlon

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry

Agents of The Man: +3 Agent Venom and Captain America
Wait a Minute, I Hate The Man: -3 Agent Venom and Captain America

OzzyKP
2014-04-30, 01:35 PM
Agents of The Man

WindStruck
2014-04-30, 03:13 PM
double hurt fist
heal ghost rider
wait a minute...

Meph
2014-04-30, 06:08 PM
Heal Green Goblin
Double hurt Captain America
Wait a Minute, I Hate The Man

Kelvin360
2014-05-01, 12:43 AM
"Well that wasn't helpful at all."

"I didn't say who I'd be helping. Enjoy the cuts - those'll sting for a while."

Speaking of The Man, I sense a military theme, here. We've already got a Captain, so...

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-

Captain America+*

Deadpool
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Dr. Strange

Ghost Rider
+1

Green Goblin
+1
-

Iron Fist
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Wolverine
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry

Suggestions Available For Three-Choice Thursday:

The Colonel
The Commander
The Lieutenant

banjo1985
2014-05-01, 05:06 AM
Heal Iron Fist
Hurt Captain America
The Lieutenant

OzzyKP
2014-05-01, 08:48 AM
The Lieutenant

Meph
2014-05-01, 12:23 PM
Heal Green Goblin
Hurt Captain America
The Lieutenant

WindStruck
2014-05-01, 04:24 PM
Heal Ghost Rider, Hurt Green Goblin ...

and I don't know. I never know about these things introducing the new guy. Wish we could add the 1970's Captain James Kirk. None of these superheroes can stand up to his kirkfoo.

goser234
2014-05-01, 06:17 PM
heal: Captian America
The Lieutenant

Kelvin360
2014-05-02, 01:24 AM
Wow, pretty much everyone broke even today.

"Stop...complaining..."

We introduce a hero who, at the time of his introduction, carried the rank of Lieutenant in the Marine Corps, none other than James Rhodes, someone you all might better know as War Machine.

"We didn't have enough to get the real Tinhead to show up, huh?"

"Hey, better me than nobody at all. These rockets are heat-seeking, and I heard you had a Goblin problem...?"

"Careful on that front. He's almost invincible. And also Wolverine is..."

*snikt!*

"...Helping him."

"Huh. You know, that might've hurt if you'd stabbed me in the non-cyborg side."

"Go figure. I still got more claws to dig in."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-
-

Captain America+*
-

Deadpool
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Dr. Strange
+1

Ghost Rider
+1

Green Goblin
-
-

Iron Fist
-
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver
-
UNCONSCIOUS

War Machine
-

Wolverine
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry

Meph
2014-05-02, 02:27 AM

WindStruck
2014-05-02, 03:07 AM
Triple heal strange! Do eeet!

OzzyKP
2014-05-02, 05:11 AM
Triple heal Captain America

goser234
2014-05-02, 06:44 PM
Hurt: Green Goblin

Kelvin360
2014-05-03, 01:04 AM
"Hah! Got him!"

"With a rocket?"

"...With a hypodermic needle. But I'm working my way up."

"Oh blast."

"No good can come of a wizard using that phrase."

"I may have a slight problem...someone has defiled my ritual. It is draining ambient life force."

"Can you redirect it?"

"Rogers, please, that was the first thing I tried. I have a few targets in mind..."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-
-

Captain America+*
+2

Deadpool
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Dr. Strange*
+3
Power Up

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
-

Iron Fist
-
-

Luke Cage
-
-

Quicksilver
-
UNCONSCIOUS

War Machine
-

Wolverine
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry

Powers Available Today:

Enough of This: -5 Green Goblin
Enough of That: -1 Iron Fist, Initiate Random Power Up

WindStruck
2014-05-03, 01:26 AM
Smack down: ghost rider
Heal: Captain murica
Hurt: ...war machine
Enough of this!

Meph
2014-05-03, 03:47 AM
Heal Ghost Rider
Hurt Captain America
Smackdown Captain America
Enough of That

OzzyKP
2014-05-03, 05:32 AM
Hurt Ghost Rider
Heal Captain America
Smackdown Green Goblin
Enough of That

Kelvin360
2014-05-04, 01:03 AM
"Oh. Oh. Oh blast. Wrong spell."

"Magic man, you're about to get beat down so hard right now."

"Sigh. I may as well go the proverbial nine yards. Zarathos!"

"How dare...nngh. What is it, wizard?"

"Halt this vendetta, immediately!"

"Fine."

"That was close, what-?"

*Fwooosh!*

"The hell was that?!"

"That's exactly what it was. ROGERS. This ends now."

"..."

*WHACK!*

"Ughh...."

"That was...fun? We'll deal with the cleanup later."

"Might want to grab some cover - Goblin's coming back around."

"Well that didn't go as planned."

*crickle-crack* "Nope. This is gonna, though."

"At the risk of sounding like a broken record...blast."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-
-

Captain America+*
+6

Deadpool
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Dr. Strange*
-
Cooldown

Ghost Rider

Green Goblin
-
-

Iron Fist
UNCONSCIOUS

Luke Cage
-
Mystic Transfer

Quicksilver
-
UNCONSCIOUS

War Machine

Wolverine
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry

Powers Available Today:

Reprisal: Dr. Strange exits Cooldown with 10 Health
Die Harder: -2 All Health

"All right. Fine. I give up. What just happened?"

I'm pretty sure Dr. Strange spun Iron Fist's chi out of proportion. It knocked him out but gave Luke a boost. Now Cage is going after the aforementioned Doctor, who tried to use the demon that makes Ghost Rider the Spirit of Vengeance as a bodyguard. Well, he worded it improperly, so the demon went to stop Captain America's 'vendetta' against Osborn, and got knocked out for his trouble. Now there's nothing between Cage and Strange. And...something about resurrection?

"Huh. I'm sorry I asked. That was more convoluted than my past. You should get into writing comic books or something."

...That was way too ironic to be a coincidence. Have you been talking to Deadpool?

"He's a crazy little twerp, but he makes me get all smiley sometimes."

Meph
2014-05-04, 03:12 AM
Heal Green Goblin
Hurt Captain America
Save Deadpool
Die Harder

OzzyKP
2014-05-04, 06:31 AM
Hurt Green Goblin
Heal Captain America
Die Harder

WindStruck
2014-05-04, 03:06 PM
Die Harder
Hurt Luke Cage
Heal Goblin
Uh.. revive quicksilver

Kelvin360
2014-05-05, 01:14 AM
I got no witty lines for y'all except I'm suuuper tired.

"That counts as a pun."

Shut up, Venom.

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-

Captain America+*

Dr. Strange*
-

Ghost Rider

Green Goblin
-

Iron Fist
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Luke Cage

Quicksilver
-
Revived

War Machine

Wolverine

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool

Meph
2014-05-05, 03:37 AM
Double heal Green Goblin
Hurt Captain America

OzzyKP
2014-05-05, 12:49 PM

goser234
2014-05-05, 07:19 PM
Double heal: Captain America

WindStruck
2014-05-05, 09:40 PM
Double heal ghost rider
Hurt Strange

Kelvin360
2014-05-05, 10:59 PM
"It's only a matter of time. We should act first."

"You think they won't have plans over plans? We need our own or else we may as well lie down and die!"

"It's not-"

"Wait. You. What are you smirking at?"

You two. Ghosts and Goblins.

"...Rogers first. You, a close second."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-
-

Captain America+*
+3

Dr. Strange*

Ghost Rider
+1

Green Goblin
+1
-

Iron Fist
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Luke Cage
-

Quicksilver+
-

War Machine
-

Wolverine
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool

Meph
2014-05-06, 03:41 AM
Heal Green Goblin
Hurt Captain America
Triathlon Ghost Rider

OzzyKP
2014-05-06, 05:43 AM
Hurt Green Goblin
Heal Captain America
Triathlon Wolverine

WindStruck
2014-05-06, 06:21 PM
Heal Green Goblin
Hurt Captain America
Triathlon Ghost Rider
I'll go along with this. :smallsmile:

Kelvin360
2014-05-07, 12:21 AM
Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-
-

Captain America+*

Dr. Strange*
-

Ghost Rider
-
Triathlon

Green Goblin
+1
-

Iron Fist
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Luke Cage
-

Quicksilver+
-

War Machine
-

Wolverine
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool

Ghosts and Goblins: +5 Green Goblin
Retaliation: -5 Dr. Strange

HAH! You DID see the connection!

"Just shut up."

"We deny everything. ...Wait, what are we denying?"

"The game reference."

"Is that all? We aren't even getting charged with a felony? Tch."

Meph
2014-05-07, 01:42 PM
Heal Green Goblin
Retaliation

OzzyKP
2014-05-07, 02:01 PM
Double Hurt Luke Cage
Heal Captain America
Retaliation

goser234
2014-05-07, 03:01 PM
heal: Captain America
retaliation

WindStruck
2014-05-07, 06:10 PM
retaliation

hurt wolverine

heal ghost rider

ThePhantom
2014-05-07, 06:13 PM
heal doctor strange
hurt wolverine
Ghosts and Goblins

Kelvin360
2014-05-08, 06:39 PM
"Hm. That's odd."

"If you make me ask..."

"Someone has a bounty out on the Heroes for Hire."

"What?! Who??"

"Let's see. Who's a wealthy businessman who also wants you morons dead?"

"A rich guy! I KNEW our team was missing something!"

It's a double day! One heal, one hurt, three free votes, and a new character for everybody!

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-
-

Captain America+*
-

Dr. Strange*

Ghost Rider
+1

Green Goblin
-

Iron Fist
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Luke Cage

Quicksilver+
-

War Machine
-

Wolverine

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool

Choices Available for Three-Choice Thursday:

Twice Mentioned, Once Invited
Replacement Snarker
Once Mentioned, Twice Invited

Polls Open For Three-Choice Thursday/Freedom Friday

ThePhantom
2014-05-08, 09:29 PM
heal doctor strange
hurt green goblin
Twice Mentioned, Once Invited

WindStruck
2014-05-09, 02:10 AM
Heal captain, ghost rider, goblin. Hurt x2 agent venom.
And I'll choose the snarker guy.

Also, I have a concern: With a new character coming each week and an another being revived, is it possible this thing will never end and we'll have a flood of characters?

Meph
2014-05-09, 03:18 AM
Heal Green Goblin
Quadruple hurt Captain America
Replacement Snarker

Kelvin360
2014-05-09, 11:44 AM
Also, I have a concern: With a new character coming each week and an another being revived, is it possible this thing will never end and we'll have a flood of characters?

Both events are fairly H/H standard. It can take a while, but it always ends.

OzzyKP
2014-05-09, 12:10 PM
Heal Luke Cage
Quadruple heal Captain America
Once Mentioned, Twice Invited

Kelvin360
2014-05-09, 11:26 PM
"Oh good, Wade's gone. Where do I sign up?"

"Just to the left, Jen."

"You have the floor!"

"Right. First thing, I draw the line at law puns. I might be convinced to go for Kermit impersonations, though. It depends on how much we're winning by."

"You'd think at that point it'd be real easy being green."

"Huh. Funny, that. Both because you finished the joke and because apparently I don't need to make them, now. HEY! OSBORN! One green super per arena!"

"I feel absolutely no shame in saying 'sue me', Walters."

"I'm...nnngh...a defense attorney, you roid-raging chump!"

"Did she just throw a hou-?"

"DUCK!"

"Let's not make aspersions against steroid-users..."

"I've got all week to come out with the A-list material. Too bad it's going to see the light of day on C-list villains."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-

Captain America+*
-

Dr. Strange*
+1

Ghost Rider
+1

Green Goblin
+1
-

Iron Fist
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Luke Cage
+1

Quicksilver+
-

She-Hulk
-

War Machine
-

Wolverine
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool

WindStruck
2014-05-09, 11:54 PM
Well this looks juicy. Lets heal goblin, hurt she-hulk, and have a smackdown between them.

But I guess since I can only have one, I'll vote she-hulk.

Meph
2014-05-10, 03:19 AM
Heal Green Goblin
Hurt Captain America
Smackdown Agent Venom (I totally want to read the description of the fight with She-Hulk)

OzzyKP
2014-05-10, 05:43 AM
Hurt: Luke Cage
Smack down: Captain America

goser234
2014-05-10, 11:28 AM
Smack down: Captain America

Kelvin360
2014-05-11, 12:30 AM
Ladies and gentlemen; our as-yet undisputed Smackdown champion, Captain America.

"Is the suit that fragile? I was only trying to snap him out of it."

"Regardless, it had an ideal result."

"What demon are you bound to? You have five people in eldritch chains at once."

"No demon. I am having a bad day."

"This from the guy who thinks Shuma-Gorath is barely worth dropping tea over, and we're a bad day? Ow. Hey, give us a little wiggle room, wouldya? These things aren't as inflatable as they look."

"Enough stalling, Doctor. Let's finish this."

"I quite agree. Temporis fugit."

"What-?"

"Mmmm...feels like home."

"Ah. Mr. Gargan. I believe you are familiar with Captain Rogers?"

"Call him what he is...lunch."

'Lunch'. That, he'd heard before.

It wasn't unusual for the venom symbiote to go rogue. The magical switching of its host's brain...that was a new one. But he'd run the simulations before, and this was just another fly in the ointment. A massive, ever-shifting, flesh-eating monster fly, but the principle held.

There were two rules for fighting that thing. First, unless your name was Banner, don't try and match brute force. Second, don't let it get a good grip on you. More durable individuals than Steve Rogers had been ripped to shreds by those claws, and his armored costume would only get him so far. He decided to play a waiting game - he had an end plan, but he needed to buy time and distance, first. Those windows looked awfully appealing, but they were on the other side of a living, angry wall.

So when Venom's hands distorted into alien appendages the size of a decent chair, Steve didn't stick around. He rolled to one side, crouching under a large dining table while the ground where he'd stood turned into a crater and some plumes of dust. He adjusted his position and kicked out, uprooting the table's front end. It spun forward, and he followed his movements in an arc. When Widow first showed him the move, he wasn't sure he had the agility to pull it off, but as it turned out, gymnastics came pretty naturally to him. He landed on his feet, adding his body weight to the table as it slammed into the pitch-colored abomination in the tacky spandex.

Venom snarled, and the table shattered, but Steve was already back in motion, pulling into a front-flip. The flying shards of wood and plastic obscured his position, and he used that fact to spin and land a quick, solid strike on Venom's back with his shield. He didn't expect it to bring the beast down, but it did hurt. Sure enough, the creature growled again, with a lower tone this time, and turned its whole torso around while its legs and feet remained stationary. Its claws lashed out, but they met vibranium alloy, and the brief tink sound they made didn't produce any resonance. Cap stumbled back, but on his own initiative, not because he had been forced that way.

Venom lunged forward, missing its star-spangled adversary by inches, but Captain America was in the air again. He landed on his shield, pivoted, and spun to a standing position. They were face to face, one significantly calmer than the other. Slowly, not breaking eye contact, Steve crouched, bringing his shield down to touch the ground. A very specific section of floor near the scenic overlook. Metal, not felt.

"Making your death look noble won't make you taste any better, Rogers." Venom hissed.

Steve shrugged slightly, not allowing his eyes to betray his plan. He did allow the one-liner to, though."Tell Flash on the way down that the elevators are working."

One of Venom's eyeridges - left, and Cap noted the instinctive choice in side - rose, and it glanced behind itself. Too late, it realized that it was too close for comfort to the twenty-story drop. It made to scramble away, but Steve made a sharp motion with his dominant arm, scraping the shield against another metallic surface with a lot of speed and a lot of force. Which made friction.

Which made sparks.

In slow motion, it seemed, the tiny motes of fire soared through the air, and when they made contact with a dark second skin, they burst into flames in earnest, and soon Venom was engulfed. It screamed, a horrifying tone that evidenced without words its lack of humanity. Blocking out the noise (though he was sure his ears would be ringing for hours), Steve fell backwards, then flew feet first into the ferocious flaming fiend. The jolt was more than enough to send its carcass out the window, and soon the sound of extraterrestrial agony was unheard.

Captain America took a moment to stand and look out and down. He didn't see movement, but he shook his head. "The shock will suit him fine. And I don't doubt the wind put out that fire, either."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Questions, gentlemen?"

"More of a comment, really. Screw. This."

"I would like to default to my standard of 'blast'."

"Good. Because I'm stripping you of your mantle, Doctor. With force, if need be.

Right after I deal with Osborn."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-

Captain America+*
+6
Power Up

Dr. Strange*
-

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
+1
-

Iron Fist
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Luke Cage

Quicksilver+
-

She-Hulk
-

War Machine
-

Wolverine
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool

Powers Available for Today:

Get It Together: +4 Luke Cage, War Machine, Wolverine
Bring It On: -4 Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, Green Goblin

Meph
2014-05-11, 04:01 AM
Heal Green Goblin
Hurt Dr Strange
No Save
Get It Together

WindStruck
2014-05-11, 02:04 PM
Bring it on
Hurt War Machine
Heal Ghost Rider

OzzyKP
2014-05-11, 03:46 PM
No Save
Bring It On

goser234
2014-05-11, 07:23 PM
Heal: war machine
No save
Bring it on

Cloud Rat
2014-05-11, 07:43 PM
Heal Green Goblin
Hurt Dr. Strange
No Save
Bring It On

Kelvin360
2014-05-11, 10:36 PM
Woaaah, the Sorcerer Supreme got knocked down hard.

"Turns out the shield can reflect mystic bolts."

"And rockets go straight through a magic barrier."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-
-

Captain America+**
-
Cooldown

Dr. Strange*

Ghost Rider

Green Goblin
-

Luke Cage

Quicksilver+
-

She-Hulk
-
-

War Machine
-

Wolverine
+1

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool
Iron Fist

Meph
2014-05-12, 07:00 AM
Double heal Green Goblin
Hurt Dr Strange

Cloud Rat
2014-05-12, 08:48 AM
Double Heal Green Goblin
Hurt Dr. Strange

OzzyKP
2014-05-12, 09:15 AM
Double Heal: Wolverine

WindStruck
2014-05-12, 06:59 PM
Double heal ghost rider, hurt captain america

goser234
2014-05-12, 08:38 PM
Heal: War machine and Wolverine
hurt: Green Goblin

Kelvin360
2014-05-12, 11:50 PM
The real question here isn't 'will Venom and Dr. Strange die'. The question is 'which one will die first'.

"I assume Strange is done for at any rate. Even Wolverine is willing to put forth an effort if he manages to win the Triathlon."

"Him? Why?"

"I got standards. And I can't stand that dirtbag Gargan. Anyone willing to put him on the stage gets a thrashing."

"I'm bac-!"

"Shut up, kid, the adults are talking."

"My math may be off, but I'm fairly sure Pietro is older than I am."

"Fine. Buzz off, kid, the adults and flaming skull boy are talking."

"Thanks, Captain Wiseass."

"Anytime, squirt."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-
-

Captain America+**
-

Dr. Strange*

Ghost Rider
+2

Green Goblin
+3
-

Luke Cage
-

Quicksilver+
-

She-Hulk
-
-

War Machine
+1

Wolverine
+3

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool
Iron Fist

WindStruck
2014-05-13, 12:56 AM
hurt venom, heal quicksilver, triathlon war machine

Meph
2014-05-13, 02:28 AM
Heal Green Goblin
Hurt Captain America
Triathlon She-Hulk

OzzyKP
2014-05-13, 09:24 AM
Triathlon: War Machine

Cloud Rat
2014-05-13, 10:05 AM
Heal: Green Goblin
Hurt: Doctor Strange
Triathlon: Green Goblin

ThePhantom
2014-05-13, 11:29 PM
heal doctor strange
hurt green goblin
Triathlon doctor strange

Kelvin360
2014-05-13, 11:30 PM
"All right, now they're just messing with our heads."

"War Machine, I don't think you're allowed to use your suit during the 500-meter dash..."

"Hey; I used my legs and my feet. Rules don't say they have to touch the ground. Now buckle up...I'm bringing down the sky."

"Great, duck and cover. Not from the rockets, just from the cheesy one-liners."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-

Captain America+**
-

Dr. Strange*

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
+2
-

Luke Cage

Quicksilver+
+1

She-Hulk
-
-

War Machine
-
Triathlon

Wolverine
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool
Iron Fist

Scorched Earth Response: -2 Everyone
Targeting Matrix: Hurts Today Are Doubled

WindStruck
2014-05-14, 01:13 AM
Targeting Matrix

Double-hurt she-hulk. Pun scores critical hit!

Heal Goblin.

banjo1985
2014-05-14, 03:48 AM
Heal Ghost Rider
Hurt Dr Strange and Quicksilver
Targeting Matrix

Meph
2014-05-14, 05:25 AM
Heal Green Goblin
Targeting Matrix

Cloud Rat
2014-05-14, 09:49 AM
Heal Green Goblin
Double Hurt Dr. Strange
Targeting Matrix

OzzyKP
2014-05-14, 10:06 AM
Double Hurt: Green Goblin
Scorched Earth Response

Kelvin360
2014-05-15, 12:54 AM
Today's multiple-choice theme is recent Marvel movies. X-Men is included both to round out the trio and because it's closer than GotG. The title characters (if any) won't be options, obviously, largely because one is already part of the game.

"Me, obviously."

"We'll talk."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-
-

Captain America+**

Dr. Strange*
UNCONSCIOUS

Ghost Rider
+1

Green Goblin
-

Luke Cage
-

Quicksilver+

She-Hulk
-

War Machine
-

Wolverine
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool
Iron Fist

Choices Available For Three-Choice Thursday:

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Captain America: The Winter Soldier

WindStruck
2014-05-15, 12:59 AM
Ouch, strange is at -5 health. xD

heal ghost rider, hurt wolverine

And... what about Thor? Loki? Odin? Freya?! ok, I suck at comics.

Kelvin360
2014-05-15, 01:01 AM
I can't stress enough how not-final the three-choice options actually are.

If a player submits the name of a Marvel character they would rather have join the crew and it passes by a majority vote from agreeing players, that character will join instead.

They're just suggestions. If you have a movie or character you'd rather see, go for it - it's a game of votes, not limitations.

Meph
2014-05-15, 05:26 AM
Heal Green Goblin
Hurt Captain America
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Cloud Rat
2014-05-15, 09:44 AM
Heal Green Goblin
Hurt Agent Venom
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

OzzyKP
2014-05-15, 10:05 AM
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

WindStruck
2014-05-15, 04:17 PM
Heal: Ghost rider
Choice: meh

Kelvin360
2014-05-16, 01:05 AM
"One nut from the rogue's gallery departs..."

"Ah, crap."

"...And another takes the stage."

"I'm not jumping for joy, either. But if this is what it takes..."

"To do what?"

"Hm? Oh, he owes me a drink. I told him if he annihilated all the heroes in this room I'd call it even."

"You're the picture of generosity."

"You excluded, obviously."

"Still sarcastic. I'm a skeleton. He can't do a thing to me. But I can burn both of you alive with impunity."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
UNCONSCIOUS

Captain America+**
-

Dr. Strange*
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Electro
-

Ghost Rider
+1

Green Goblin
+2
-

Luke Cage

Quicksilver+
-

She-Hulk
-
-

War Machine
-

Wolverine
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool
Iron Fist

Meph
2014-05-16, 02:35 AM

OzzyKP
2014-05-16, 08:37 AM
Clearly Meph is a part of Hydra. :(

banjo1985
2014-05-16, 09:44 AM
Hail Hydra!

Triple Hurt Captain America :smalltongue:

WindStruck
2014-05-16, 04:53 PM
Hurt Luke Cage, Heal Green Goblin, Hurt Dr. Strange.

...what? It's Freedom Friday! :smallfurious:

Kelvin360
2014-05-17, 01:51 AM
Hurt Luke Cage, Heal Green Goblin, Hurt Dr. Strange.

...what? It's Freedom Friday! :smallfurious:

Yes, although strangely, there seems to be a war going on over the freedom representative.

"I'm with the 'Hail HYDRA' guys."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Captain America+**

Dr. Strange*
UNCONSCIOUS

Electro
-

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
+1
-

Luke Cage

Quicksilver+
-

She-Hulk
-
-

War Machine
-

Wolverine
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool
Iron Fist

WindStruck
2014-05-17, 02:24 AM
Heal goblin, hurt captain America, smackdown with goblin.

Meph
2014-05-17, 11:02 AM
Heal Green Goblin
Hurt and Smackdown Captain America

OzzyKP
2014-05-17, 11:03 AM
Smack down: She Hulk

goser234
2014-05-17, 01:26 PM
Smack down: She Hulk

Cloud Rat
2014-05-17, 06:18 PM
Heal Green Goblin
Hurt and Smackdown Captain America

Kelvin360
2014-05-18, 01:27 AM
Agent Venom and Dr. Strange get belated Beatdown powers today, because I somehow forgot them. You can vote on one from each set.

And I note that Captain America is hilariously STILL the Smackdown champion.

"I can't stop! I think Strange literally cursed me!"

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Captain America+**
+4

Dr. Strange*
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Electro
-

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
+1
-

Luke Cage
-

Quicksilver+
-

She-Hulk
UNCONSCIOUS

War Machine
-

Wolverine
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool
Iron Fist

Beatdown Powers Available Today:

The Suit Remembers: +2 Electro and Green Goblin
But It's Not In Charge: +2 Captain America and War Machine

Binding Backlash: -5 Ghost Rider
Recompense: +5 Luke Cage

Get Back In The Game: +5 Quicksilver
J'accuse!: -5 Green Goblin

Meph
2014-05-18, 04:32 AM
Heal Green Goblin
Hurt Captain America
Save She-Hulk
The Suit Remembers
Binding Backlash
Get Back In The Game

Cloud Rat
2014-05-18, 09:38 AM
Heal Green Goblin
Hurt Captain America
Save She-Hulk
The Suit Remembers
Binding Backlash
Get Back In The Game

goser234
2014-05-18, 06:18 PM
But it's Not In Charge
Binding Backlash
j'accuse

Kelvin360
2014-05-19, 01:17 AM
We interrupt this game for a very special message.

"SOON."

Provided by the D.O.W.A.S.S. (Department of We Are So Screwed).

"Uhh, hello? Still here!"

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Captain America+**

Dr. Strange*
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Electro
+2

Ghost Rider

Green Goblin
+3
-

Luke Cage
-

Quicksilver+
+5

She-Hulk+
-
Saved

War Machine
-

Wolverine
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool
Iron Fist

Meph
2014-05-19, 03:50 AM
Double heal Green Goblin
Hurt Captain America

Isn't She-Hulk saved? I feel sorry for having taken part in her killing, I like her.

OzzyKP
2014-05-19, 08:28 AM
Darn, I missed a big day. :(

Cloud Rat
2014-05-19, 09:56 AM
Double heal Green Goblin
Hurt Captain America

Kelvin360
2014-05-19, 01:19 PM
Isn't She-Hulk saved? I feel sorry for having taken part in her killing, I like her.

All I have to say about that is 'whoops'! Today's post has been edited.

WindStruck
2014-05-19, 06:00 PM
Double heal quicksilver. Hurt Wolverine.

Kelvin360
2014-05-20, 12:58 AM
"I feel no shame in stealing this particular trademark (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcinzmfZeCc)...any comments, Walters?"

"I'm. A. Defense. Lawyer. Not a prosecutor."

"Anyone else getting bad Civil War flashbacks? We're gonna have some problems here real quick."

"We're operating on borrowed time. We need reinforcements. And soon."

"Uh, I could just run and..."

"Not now. How long we got? If yer lookin' for a distraction..."

"Here comes the martyrdom measuring contest..."

"No. If anyone is a distraction, it's m- hey!"

"Hello? Is anyone even looking in my direction?"

"Quicksilver has a point. We've got an easy out."

"THANK yo-"

"What if...he RUNS at them?"

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me."

"There's no time! He's coming back!"

"From the pantry. Watching you morons quake in your boots is far more amusing than just killing you."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Captain America+**
-

Dr. Strange*
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Electro
-

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin
+3
Power Up

Luke Cage
-

Quicksilver+
+2

She-Hulk+
-

War Machine
-

Wolverine

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool
Iron Fist

Powers Available For Today:

Trick or Treat: +3 or -3 to 3 random characters
Lockdown: Captain America cannot be healed or hurt tomorrow

WindStruck
2014-05-20, 01:44 AM
Trick or treat!

Triathlon for uh... uh... wolverine? No wait, did we already do him? I guess we did. Oh well!

Heal Goblin, Hurt Electro.

banjo1985
2014-05-20, 02:50 AM
Heal War Machine
Hurt She Hulk
Trick or Treat
Triathlon Ghost Rider

OzzyKP
2014-05-20, 07:56 AM
Lockdown
Triathlon: Electro

Meph
2014-05-20, 12:20 PM
No Heal
Hurt Captain America
Trick or Treat
Triathlon Electro

goser234
2014-05-20, 03:05 PM
trick or treat
Triathlon: Electro

Kelvin360
2014-05-21, 12:05 AM
Somehow, I figured Luke was going to get hit by a pumpkin bomb. I DIDN'T expect Wolverine to follow suit, and I DEFINITELY didn't see Cap's getting healed by them coming. But Electro's rise to power was fairly unanimous.

"Good. Let's bring it down."

Didn't we already use that liiiiiI completely agree, sir, please stop sparking.

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Captain America+**
+4

Dr. Strange*
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Electro
Trithalon Winner

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin*
-
Cooldown

Luke Cage
UNCONSCIOUS

Quicksilver+
-

She-Hulk+

War Machine
+1

Wolverine

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool
Iron Fist

Triathlon Powers Available For Today:

A World Without Power: -4 Green Goblin and War Machine
A World Without Mercy: -4 Captain America and She-Hulk

Meph
2014-05-21, 04:42 AM
Heal She-Hulk
A World Without Mercy

OzzyKP
2014-05-21, 07:52 AM
Double Hurt: Ghost Rider
A World Without Power

goser234
2014-05-21, 02:47 PM
Double Hurt: She-hulk
A World Without Power

WindStruck
2014-05-21, 06:04 PM
NO MERCY!

heal ghost rider, double hurt she-hulk

ThePhantom
2014-05-21, 06:07 PM
heal She-Hulk
double hurt Wolverine
A World Without Power

Kelvin360
2014-05-21, 11:58 PM
I feel like it's an adjective kind of day.

"Cheery!"

"Confusing?"

"Exceedingly painful."

"Acceptable."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Captain America+**
-

Dr. Strange*
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Electro
-

Ghost Rider

Green Goblin*

Luke Cage
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Quicksilver+
-

She-Hulk+

War Machine

Wolverine

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool
Iron Fist

Choices Available For Three-Choice Thursday:

Spectacular
Incredible
Fantastic

Meph
2014-05-22, 02:17 AM
Heal Green Goblin
Hurt Captain America
Spectacular

WindStruck
2014-05-22, 08:32 AM
Incredible, as in... Mr. Incredible? Or not...

Hurt War Machine, heal quicksilver.

OzzyKP
2014-05-22, 09:29 AM
Fantastic

Kelvin360
2014-05-23, 01:14 AM
"So, remember my offer to run out and get reinforcements?"

"What?! Why didn't you say anything?"

"Just shut up. I found some."

"Heeeey, Gobby. You miss me?"

"If I didn't think I'd get censored, I might have a few choice words..."

"Quick question; why is my speech magenta again?!"

Red. Deadpool always calls dibs on red. Also, it's violet this time.

"Yeeeeeeaaaaah. Sorry, Norm, looks like I have a LOT of issues to work out."

"What else is new? I don't suppose you want to try selling another failed marriage to Ghost Rider, here?"

"...Okay, I'm coming over there to kick your green butt off a rooftop now."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Captain America+**
-

Dr. Strange*
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Electro
-

Ghost Rider

Green Goblin*
+1

Luke Cage
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Quicksilver+
+1

She-Hulk+
-

Spider-Man
-

War Machine

Wolverine
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool
Iron Fist

Meph
2014-05-23, 02:34 AM

OzzyKP
2014-05-23, 02:08 PM
Triple Heal: Spider-Man

ThePhantom
2014-05-23, 09:28 PM
Triple hurt Wolverine

WindStruck
2014-05-23, 10:30 PM
Triple heal quicksilver

Kelvin360
2014-05-24, 12:19 AM
Another Saturday. What's the bet that Cap wins again?

"That'll be, what, the fourth consecutive time?"

"It's not as fun as it looks, especially if I end up fighting an ally..."

"Bub, if they don't make you take me down, I'm kickin' yer ass."

"Oh! Wait, forget I said anything!"

"Too late. It's out there."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Captain America+**

Dr. Strange*
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Electro
-

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin*
-

Luke Cage
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Quicksilver+
+3
Power Up

She-Hulk+
-

Spider-Man
+3

War Machine
-

Wolverine

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool
Iron Fist

Powers Available for Today:

Ignorance is Pain: -5 War Machine
Backup: +5 Spider-Man

WindStruck
2014-05-24, 11:02 PM
Backup

Hurt Wolverine. Heal Green Goblin.

Smackdown with Quicksilver

ThePhantom
2014-05-24, 11:08 PM
Backup

heal doctor strange
hurt Wolverine

Kelvin360
2014-05-24, 11:31 PM
I made an adjustment to the OP's Powering Up section. I can't believe that rule wasn't explicitly stated, and that's my bad, but I'll put it here, too...

When a character reaches 20 Health, they have enough raw power and experience in the field to POWER UP. When in this state, the character is immune to all hurts and heals, and cannot be affected by any special day bonuses or powers that do not specifically target them.

WindStruck
2014-05-25, 12:59 AM
So... is quicksilver immune to being in a smackdown? :smallconfused:

Actually I think what you might want to do is only make powered-up characters immune to being hurt and give them a bonus if being entered in a smackdown.

Kelvin360
2014-05-25, 01:20 AM
The reason health increases don't affect them is because their health resets to a lower level when Cooldown ends. So I COULD allow heals, but they still wouldn't do anything.

Also, I'm going to give this a day extra, then double the effects of Medical Monday in honor of Memorial Day. Some of us will most likely be absent this weekend because of that holiday, so holding off isn't a big deal.

Meph
2014-05-25, 03:45 AM
Heal Green Goblin
Hurt Captain America
Ignorance is Pain
Smackdown Spiderman

Kelvin360
2014-05-26, 02:14 AM
The total here is two heals (that count triple) and two hurts for everyone, plus a raise vote.

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Agent Venom
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Captain America+**

Dr. Strange*
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Electro
-

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin*
+2

Luke Cage
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Quicksilver+*
-
Cooldown

She-Hulk+
-

Spider-Man
-

War Machine
-

Wolverine
UNCONSCIOUS

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool
Iron Fist

Beatdown Powers Available for Today:

I'll Heal: +2 Wolverine
Pedal to the Metal: +5 War Machine

Polls Open For Memorial Monday

Meph
2014-05-26, 04:59 AM
Double heal (that counts triple) Green Goblin
Save Wolverine
I'll Heal

goser234
2014-05-26, 05:27 PM
Double Hurt: Green Goblin

OzzyKP
2014-05-26, 05:55 PM
Double heal (that counts triple) Spider-Man
Double hurt Green Goblin
Save Wolverine
I'll Heal

WindStruck
2014-05-27, 12:04 AM
Double heal goblin, double hurt captain america

Kelvin360
2014-05-29, 12:14 AM
Okay, we got 3 heals, 4 hurts, a Triathlon vote and a new character vote for everyone. I hope all who celebrated it enjoyed their Memorial Day.

I feel like this game lacks a certain...magic. The question is, what type should we throw in?

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America+**
+2

Electro
-

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin*
+8

Luke Cage
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Quicksilver+*
-

She-Hulk+
-

Spider-Man
+6

War Machine
-

Wolverine+
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool
Iron Fist
Agent Venom
Dr. Strange*

Suggestions Available For Three-Choice Thursday:

Conventional
Secondary
Tertiary

Polls Open For Triple Threat Thursday

Meph
2014-05-29, 05:07 AM
Triple heal Green Goblin
Quadruple hurt Captain America
Triathlon Ghost Rider
Conventional

OzzyKP
2014-05-29, 08:37 AM
Triple Heal: Spider-Man
Quadruple Hurt: Green Goblin
Triathlon: Captain America
Tertiary

goser234
2014-05-29, 01:04 PM
Triple heal: quicksilver
4x hurt: Green Goblin
secondary
Triathlon Captain America

WindStruck
2014-05-29, 11:05 PM
heal spider man, double heal wolverine, quadruple hurt war machine, and a triathlon for spider man

And how about some octonary magic? It's so far removed from magic that it's not really magic anymore! But you know what they say... any technology sufficiently advanced will seem like magic.

(This is Dr. Octopus btw)

Kelvin360
2014-05-30, 01:28 AM
"Aw, man, it's like half the Sinister Six showed up just to screw everything up."

"If we count that idiot Venom, it's more like two-thirds."

"Eh, no big deal. I mean, I beat all of you without my powers once. Do you know how cut-rate that makes you?"

"You little red-"

*Snikt!*

"And I didn't have any X-Men with me, so that's changed, too."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America+**

Dr. Octopus
-

Electro
-

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin*

Luke Cage
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Quicksilver+*
+3

She-Hulk+
-

Spider-Man
+4
Power Up

War Machine
UNCONSCIOUS

Wolverine+
+2

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool
Iron Fist
Agent Venom
Dr. Strange*

A World Of No: -4 Green Goblin, Electro, and Dr. Octopus
...And His Amazing Friends!: +4 Captain America, She-Hulk and Wolverine

Smackdown Powers Available For Today:

EMP: -5 Electro
Anti-Metal: -5 Wolverine

Meph
2014-05-30, 04:58 AM
A World Of No
EMP

Welcome Octopus, we needed villains!

OzzyKP
2014-05-30, 05:16 AM
And his amazing friends
EMP

WindStruck
2014-05-30, 10:19 PM
A world of No.
EMP
Hurt x2 Electro
Heal Ghost Rider

Kelvin360
2014-05-31, 01:22 AM
Sheesh, Electro got fried.

"That's it? Nothing witty?"

"That's disappointing."

Hey, that's your department.

"What do you think? Puns?"

"Puns."

"What a shocking turn of events."

"I didn't think Rhodey would be so short. Talk about a live wire."

"I guess he needed an outlet for his issues."

"Not to say I'm not feeling positive that he's been put out, but I expected a more thunderous experience."

"I know exactly watt you mean. Still, based on his twitching, I imagine that hertz."

"Mm, true. He put up amp-le resistance, but his rep doesn't exactly live up to his current position."

"Not a huge loss. Can you imagine how negative it would have been around here with him charging every which-way? Talk about uncivil conduct!"

"Might not have been all bad. With a little push to an alternating point of view, he could've had an en-lightning conversation."

"I think you're ohm-itting the fact that he lost his interesting spark long ago."

"SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP!"

"Woah, that gave me a jolt."

"After so long being static, I'm glad to see you step up, Gobby."

"AAAAAAAAAAGHH!!"

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America+**
-

Dr. Octopus

Electro
UNCONSCIOUS

Ghost Rider
+1

Green Goblin*

Luke Cage
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Quicksilver+*
-

She-Hulk+
-

Spider-Man*
-
Cooldown

War Machine
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Wolverine+
-

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool
Iron Fist
Agent Venom
Dr. Strange*

Beatdown Powers Available For Today:

Revenge by Proxy: +5 Green Goblin
Slower Than Lightning: -5 Quicksilver

Meph
2014-05-31, 06:28 AM
Heal Green Goblin
Hurt Captain America
Smackdown Wolverine
Revenge by Proxy

WindStruck
2014-05-31, 11:48 AM
Heal Dr. Octopus
Hurt Captain America
Revenge
Smackdown She-hulk

I think it's time Wolverine cut the crap and ended this pun duel. :smallcool:

Kelvin360
2014-06-01, 01:56 AM
"Gah!"

"Ooh!"

"Ouch! That looks like it hurts."

"Huhn. And here I always figured a fight 'tween me and a hulk was gonna end with me torn in half or somethin'. Guess yer just not up to snuff."

"Norman, what are you doing?"

"Transferring eight million dollars to the mutant's account."

"Is that the same eight extra-large you stole from Doctor Doom?"

"Bah, he won't miss it."

"I think the irony of that statement just made Cage twitch."

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America+**

Dr. Octopus
+1

Electro
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin*
+6

Luke Cage
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Quicksilver+*
-

She-Hulk+

Spider-Man*
-

War Machine
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Wolverine+
+5

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool
Iron Fist
Agent Venom
Dr. Strange*

Meph
2014-06-01, 02:53 AM
Heal Green Goblin
Hurt Captain America
No Save

WindStruck
2014-06-01, 03:48 AM
Heal Wolverine
Hurt Captain America

And... revive Luke Cage, why not.

OzzyKP
2014-06-01, 06:33 AM
Heal: Spider-Man
No Save

Kelvin360
2014-06-02, 12:34 AM
Nothing fancy today. I think I broke the part of my brain that does puns with Friday's post.

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America+**

Dr. Octopus
-

Electro
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Ghost Rider
-

Green Goblin*
-

Quicksilver+*
-

She-Hulk+

Spider-Man*
+1

War Machine
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Wolverine+
+1
Power Up

+ = Raised
* = # of Power Ups

Limbo:
Sentry
Deadpool
Iron Fist
Agent Venom
Dr. Strange*
Luke Cage

FINISH HER!: -5 She-Hulk
Look to the Past: -5 Quicksilver

WindStruck
2014-06-02, 12:50 AM
Heal Doctor Octopus x2, Hurt Spider man

FINISH HER!

Down, Down, Forward, Back, (B)

Meph
2014-06-02, 07:06 AM
Double heal Green Goblin
Hurt Captain America
Look to the Past

OzzyKP
2014-06-02, 08:14 AM
Double Heal: Spider-Man
Look to the Past

Kelvin360
2014-06-03, 12:07 AM
All I have today is shock and awe that the tides turned so quickly. It seems like Cap went down and Wolverine went up quick.

Character Status:

Character
Health
Change
Effects

Captain America+**

Dr. Octopus
+2

Electro
-
UNCONSCIOUS

Ghost Rider