PDA

View Full Version : Original System Telescopic Vision

DemonZoZo
2014-03-20, 06:13 PM
How would I determine the range of Telescopic Vision at 1,10,15,20 level.

TuggyNE
2014-03-20, 09:35 PM
How would I determine the range of Telescopic Vision at 1,10,15,20 level.

Uhhhhh. What system, and what ability is this for?

DemonZoZo
2014-03-20, 11:19 PM
A custom system based off pathfinder that in space with powers and magic.
Working on the list of powers right now to get them down and done right now currently. The problem is determining how far they can see right now due to the fact that this power has more of an advantage among a space version of pathfinder.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-03-21, 02:45 PM
So, ah... if this is a custom system, we have absolutely no context to work with. We're going to need to know general balancing points, similar abilities, things like that, or else we'll just be sprouting off our favorite arbitrary numbers.

Hanuman
2014-03-21, 04:20 PM
Separate skill, int based and specific to perception tech with a skill synergy from perception.

Can't say anything else about it, sounds like it's just tech after that.

DemonZoZo
2014-03-21, 09:46 PM
@Grod we'll just be sprouting off our favorite arbitrary numbers

arbitrary numbers are perfect for right now just roughing it out and this is the hardest one to determine of them all.

@Hanuman Separate skill, int based and specific to perception tech with a skill synergy from perception.

Why int based not Dex based? This one is for the tech based ones like idea.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-03-21, 10:07 PM
Well, if we're being entirely arbitrary... I'd say you can see 10x farther than normal at first level, multiplying by 10 again at each upgrade (so 10,000x farther than normal at 20th, I guess).

DemonZoZo
2014-03-21, 10:39 PM
Well, if we're being entirely arbitrary... I'd say you can see 10x farther than normal at first level, multiplying by 10 again at each upgrade (so 10,000x farther than normal at 20th, I guess).

Would it be a good ability in a gun version or too much of an advantage?

Grod_The_Giant
2014-03-21, 11:26 PM
Would it be a good ability in a gun version or too much of an advantage?
I've got no idea what "in a gun version" means, but it's got a highly decreasing rate of return-- much beyond the first x10, you start running into line of sight issues. (I can see a thousand miles! Great, you're in a city. You're never more than 500 feet from a wall.) Not to mention that most weapons aren't set up to hit targets miles away, regardless of how well you can see 'em.

DemonZoZo
2014-03-31, 10:28 AM
I got a lot more detail to add later so I will see how this goes along for the power.