PDA

View Full Version : A New Tutus: Chapter 1 [IC]

kreenlover
2014-03-20, 07:27 PM
A world of Tutus game (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338051)

A new day begins, just like all the rest.
Well, not quite like all the rest.
But, for most people, just like all the rest.

Koen intercepts you as you walk down the halls of the Cabal. Being an under-mage you get to clean up after the other mages and fetch tools for them, help them brew potions and prepare the reagents, rooms, and materials that they need.
"I've got a proposition nephew. How would you like to do something better than run errands for the other mages? I've been told about an opportunity that needs a Housemage, and I thought of asking you before anyone else"

As you walk down the hallways of the Church you get the usual dirty looks.
But then you hear something interesting... its coming from the room to the right of you, and the door is ajar.
"Really? They want another member for this ridiculous new initiative? Well, I refuse! I am not sending more Clerics out to work with those dammed Housemages!"
"Well, how about we don't send a cleric then?"
"What, you want me to send a paladin? They'll tear those Housemages apart, and start us a war"
"Well, maybe. You see, I was thinking that you could get rid of that paladin that you've been complaining about for a while. Fob him off on someone else"
"Who, Dathrak? Nah, we need him here, as much as I dislike him"
"No no. Not Dathrak. Not a real paladin. Kiern Haephes, the freak"
"The freak? Oh yes, him! Send for him right away!"
The door swings open and Marcus Tutan steps out and almost runs into you.
You get another few steps down the corridor when you hear a shout from behind you. You turn to see Marcus Tutan running after you.
"Ah, Haephus, just the man I was looking to see"
He smiles a fake smile and motions you towards the into the office of the senior Cleric of this ward, Baxos Dax.
"Haephus, Haephus, come in, sit down, please. I have a very special assignment for you"

"Awen, can you come in here?" Carmine calls as you pass his small office.
He looks up from the stack of papers on his table, and smiles, despite seeming very frazzled
"Ah, sorry about this. So many papers, so many accounts, so little, very little, time. I've got a question for you. How would you like to become an agent of this Family in a little endeavour we are putting together? If you say no, I can find someone else"

As you case the joint where Red Scar is supposed to be hiding you hear a tremendous crash.
As a table, and a large well muscled red bearded man come flying through the front wall.
The man stands up, wipes the blood from his lips with his hand, slips his knuckle dusters on, is about to go back in, and then sees you.
Marduk stares at you for a moment, mutters "Crap" and turning, takes off down the street at a dead run, the fight forgotten.
Before you can continue after him you feel a hand on your shoulder.
"Let him go. We have more important things to discuss"
You turn to see a nondescript man wearing nondescript clothes over nondescript leathers. He has a battered, but not too battered scabbard at his side, and you can see a leather wrapped hilt coming out of it. The sword could have been anyone's sword, the clothes could have belonged to any man on the street, and the face suddenly was a mirror of yours.
"Now that I have your attention" he says as it melts and flows back into the face from before "We need to talk. I'm from the family Trauer" he flashes a small green disc, and then it disappears back into his robes.
"I know someplace where we can talk undisturbed"
He walks away.
he leads you to a small building with a dark interior. He orders two cups of the slime, and leads you to a corner table.
"I assume you have questions?"

Mousedigits
2014-03-20, 08:06 PM
An assignment? I thought I wasn't allowed on assignments, as you think, foelr some absurd reason, nobody believes I'm a paladin. I tell you all, but you never believe listen. Of course, as a paladin, I will do anything for the church, and for our holy patron. What would this assignment entail?

5a Violista
2014-03-20, 10:05 PM
[Awen]

Awen stops when she hears Carmine's voice, and smiles. She was carrying an old mop and an empty bucket back to the closet, as she had just finished cleaning up a mess that was made earlier. "Yes, mister Carmine," she responds respectfully, setting down the cleaning supplies outside his office - to not drip the mop's water on the ground.

She enters Carmine's office and listens to his request. An agent of something? This is fantastic! She has to bite her lower lip to keep herself from smiling too much. Here's her chance! She can do something official for the Family - and, even better - for her father. "You know, that sounds like a grand honor," she says. "I'd love to. What would you need me to do?"

That fox that's been following her - Reynard, she called him, after a hero in a book she read once or twice - is most likely hiding under a hole or in some alleyway somewhere chasing stray rats. He's been extremely skittish around people, especially when Awen's not around. And yet, for some reason, he still follows her a lot.
((OoC question: Will I be controlling the familiar later or will you be?))

DaOldeWolf
2014-03-21, 03:02 PM
"Really? For me? That sounds great. I would love to apply." Frisk replied excited but a bit shocked. Still, he believed this could be the chance to prove his worth and he wasnt going to let slip away. "And what exactly would I be doing and for whom?"

kreenlover
2014-03-21, 03:39 PM
"I am glad of that. I had hoped that you would be able to move up from being a maid, as that job does not offer many prospects to a bright girl like yourself.
"The Mayor's office wants to create several special response teams that can run errands, perform missions, transport goods, and react to crises. To encourage cooperation between the different factions it'll be made up of both members of the Church, and members of different Families. You'd representing the Brot Families interests in this particular team"

Koen nods gladly and steers you back the way you came.
"I'm not exactly sure what you'll be doing, but I know that you'll be a special response team that is being created by the Mayor's office. They want both Family members and Clergymen for a more balanced outlook. You'll be representing our Family in this"

At your words about being a paladin the two exchange glances, but when you are done Baxos looks back to you.
"Its an important job. The City is forming a series of special response teams. They will include members of the Families, and members of the Church as well. We wish you to be the Church's representative in the newest group.
"As a...paladin of great wisdom and strong conviction we feel that you will be an excellent candidate that will not fall to the wicked ways of the Families, but will also not cause a crisis by killing your teammates.
"What say you?"

5a Violista
2014-03-21, 08:56 PM
Awen

Awen nods. "Of course, of course," she says. This is perfect! She's read and heard so much about these kinds of things: amazing journeys and heroic missions. When she was younger, she was often sick and weak - she still looks it, sometimes - so she could only read about these. But, now, she has the chance to go on one!

"I won't let you down," she adds.

Chained Birds
2014-03-21, 09:04 PM
Ash

The lady in average clothing follows the nondescript man. Her coat hangs a bit behind her, as she gives a quick glance back to the remains of the scene that just unfolded.
She is a bit miffed by her misfortune of being caught by surprise by the Marduk entrance and how she was not given time to change her appearance before he could recognize her. While she didn't think she could actually capture him today if she gave chase, she was a bit confused by the house representative's actions in stopping her.
With just her base knowledge about the family, she can't quite figure out why they would want to talk with a small-time investigator with a pretty specific skill; especially seeing she knows the Traur family probably has the money to afford a much greater detective or Hunter than her.

Taking a seat, she makes a bridge with her hands and fingers, and cradles her chin upon it so she can get a comfortable look at the stranger. Her glasses glint as she asks an obvious question,

"What do you want?"

[roll0]

kreenlover
2014-03-21, 09:24 PM
"I am sure that you will not! Whenever you are ready you are to report to the Mayor's office. Give them this letter; they'll give you a billet and your first mission"

"Simply put? You" The man stares at her, searching for some kind of reaction before continuing.
"A psionic being of any kind requires the attention of the Trauer Family. You will work for them, or you will cease your learnings of psionics and take another path. Or you will be watched, every motion monitored, and any suspicious actions taken as offensive action against the Family.
"The good news is that the pay is good and that right now they need someone to join a new multi-Family task force being assembled by the Mayor. They told me to get someone for the job, and I got you. You can say no. You always have that option.
"However, think long and hard before you make your decision"

DaOldeWolf
2014-03-21, 10:01 PM
Frisk discusses for a bit mentally the situation with Soul. To the outside viewer, it would seem like Frisk was simply thinking. I am not completely convinced with this. It sounds kinda dangerous. Soul shares with Frisk mentally.

I know but this is all we got. I dont think you want to keep doing chores for other mages the rest of your life, do you? And this could be interesting. I could finally practice and develop more thoughly my own magical skills. Frisk debated.

"Thanks uncle. I wont let you down. So, when would I meet the rest of the members? And as a matter of fact, where?" He decided to ask finally going back to his usual self.

5a Violista
2014-03-21, 11:10 PM
Awen

Awen seems pleased. "Okay, will do," she says. "Permission to leave, sir?"

After that, she accepts the letter, leaves the office...and does other things, starting with putting the mop away, gathering and preparing her things, and so on.

(So...now, waiting?)

Chained Birds
2014-03-22, 04:05 AM
Ash

Ash chuckles.

"So a family member sends a goon to give me an ultimatum? Normally I'd simply refuse you on the spot, as working for a family might lead to sullying my credibility as an investigator for the people; but you did mention the Mayor."

She sits up and leers the person down.

"So long as I have the privilege of working under our beloved Mayor, I'll accept your offer.

But I do hope the Traur Family isn't one of those groups that performs an abundance of vile tasks behind the scenes. As I'll never accept a task that will harm innocents without at least the notion of a greater good being involved."

Mousedigits
2014-03-31, 05:43 PM
Whoops! forgot to subscribe to thread.

"I accept. What will my mission be? And how much time will I have to prepare?"

kreenlover
2014-04-03, 03:23 PM
Baxos leers at you as he leans back in his chair.
"Right now. Go gather your equipment, and go to this address" He passes you a piece of paper "I've been told that the team leader will await you there. Keep knocking until they answer. Oh, and be there this afternoon; I don't want you to make the Church look bad by keeping them waiting"

Carmine nods "Of course. Oh, and this second letter is for you as well. I was just told to give it to whoever I selected"
The letter, when opened, is written on thick creamy paper, and smells of vellum and ink. In a long flowing script the following message is written.
Do not turn back. Do not falter. We will watch you closely, and we will be there to look out for you. Do not fail in your mission. Be prepared to receive new orders.
Until then, you are to go to the Great Curve, Block 52, door 5C (its around back). Do so tonight. The door should be unlocked; if not, force it open, and wait inside. Your team will arrive soon afterwards. You will tell them that you are the team leader, and that they should follow your orders.
Do not fail in this; many lives now depend on your actions.

"Ah, you are so melodramatic. An ultimatum? Hah. You remind me of me at your age. Anyways, go to this address tonight" He passes you a slip of paper "And knock. The one in charge of your team will answer the door soon enough. And if they don't, keep knocking"

Koen smiles "Always eager. And I'm glad you decided to accept it"
He pulls a piece of paper from his pocket and hands it to you.
"I was told to give that to you. You're going to go to that address tonight, and knock on the door until someone answers. They'll be your team leader. Anyways, I've got to go now! Good luck!"

Chained Birds
2014-04-03, 06:39 PM
Ash

She grabs the slip of paper in a fast, but natural looking motion as she gets up from her seat. The paper is already gone from view by the time she is standing up and readjusting her coat.

"Team? I hope they can keep up."

She puts her hands into her coat pockets as she turns to walk away. She does pause and turn her head to the mysterious man.

"Oh yes, and what was your name again?"

kreenlover
2014-04-03, 07:17 PM
The man smiles and winks at her.
"Wouldn't you like to know? But, maybe I'll tell you if this works out. I can help you with some training, help you to hone your psionic skills. I'll be back to help you train later...if you succeed. I'll tell you my name once I know I can trust you"

5a Violista
2014-04-04, 01:18 AM
Awen

Awen reads the letter before she leaves the room.

Hm. That's an interesting letter. After reading it, she slips it into her pocket, along with the one for the mayor. So, should she go to the mayor first or to the Great Curve? It wasn't exactly clear; however, that second letter seems to imply she should go there first. After all, it wouldn't be good to arrive there without "her team."

Actually, why is she the leader? In the stories, the leader was always the prince in disguise or the battle-hardened veteran, or the dashing rogue. Not the servant girl who was "touched by death" as a child, always thin and sickly. Well, I suppose real life is different than the stories. So, anything can happen.

After quickly putting away the mop and things, she goes around looking to gather whichever objects she supposes she needs. A holy symbol of Pelor, of course, for luck. Soap. Her journal. Maybe some better clothes? Some food and water, probably: enough to last for the day and night, and then a little bit more just in case. That flute, too. And so on - she gets whatever she thinks would be useful. Teresa taught her to bring along a couple extra things, too: just in case. You'll never know if you'll need it. She can hardly contain her smiling as she goes around the place.

<During an unspecified time between now and then>
Awen goes out to where she imagines the fox to be. Here, Reynard. Come on, come out." The fox comes out, and she, crouching down, rubs his head and ears. Hardly expecting him to understand, she says, Reynard. I got a mission from the mayor. It sounds very interesting, doesn't it? I'll be doing exciting things, just like Reynard the Brave from that book I keep telling you about, the man I named you after. You should come along and protect me."
Regardless of how little Reynard understood, the fox let her pick him up and carry her around the household as she continued gathering things.

<At a much later time, assuming nothing else noteworthy happens between that time and the night...>
She goes out to the Great Curve, with the letter in hand to make sure she doesn't go to the wrong block or finding the wrong door. She'll be thinking about what she should say. Or, rather, how she should word it. Building up the courage to pronounce herself the leader. After all, a lot depends on it, doesn't it? Even though she doesn't know what.
Her fox will follow close by on her heels. Though she doesn't know about it, the fox has a deep magical connection to her.

Chained Birds
2014-04-04, 08:58 AM
Ash

"Trust is a funny thing. la vie est drôle."

She states, before vanishing into streets outside.

DaOldeWolf
2014-04-04, 06:10 PM
Frisk goes away after thanking his uncle one more chance for this chance but with a more serene demeanor.

Later that night.....
He leaves the building followed nearby by Soul. Lets be careful and observative of our surroundings. You keep check of people in the area with your scent. He told Soul mentally.

He wondered how would his leader look like and what kind of missions would they be involved in. Soul meanwhile keep his focus on the area as he is headed to the address given.

kreenlover
2014-04-10, 10:59 AM
The door is stuck. After a bit of forcing you manage to get it open. It opens into a darkened room, dim, dull, with some broken furniture. Rat droppings are piled in one corner.
A single letter lies on the one piece of furniture; a table.
A staircase leads both up and down at the far end of the room, and a door leads into a small kitchen,

Welcome team leader,
This shall be your new headquarters. The team shall live here, rest here, sleep, eat here. The building will be refurbished slowly but surely as we gather funds to do so. You are in charge of any additional furniture or funds that you may need.
Go let your team in, then open the second letter inside this envelope.
Quartermaster Nasar

That night the streets are still, and the night is cool. The sky has been dimmed sop that it is dark enough for people to sleep, and images of small glowballs hang just beyond the ceiling, providing enough light to see by.
The streets being so still usually means that something is going to change very soon.

The night is dark and still. There is no movement, which is odd for a night in Tutus, but it happens often enough to not be something that should worry you.
It usually just signifies something big happening in the world, some big play by the movers and shakers.

The building is dark and dilapidated. Evidently the Brot family has not been keeping up their work very well here.
Another person approaches from the other direction from you, also heading for this same building.

5a Violista
2014-04-10, 11:52 AM
Awen

Wow, what a mess, she thinks as she looks around the place. She looks around the room, wondering when the last time it was cleaned. Oh. Another letter. That's...what, three so far? Though, only two are from this mysterious sender. No, wait, there's another one inside this one.

She reads the letter on the table. Oh, there's a name that goes along with this one. Quartermaster Nasar? Sounds like an important fellow. After understanding its contents, Awen puts the letter along with the other two.

Her fox, Reynard, grows bored with standing around and runs around looking for a rat. "Well, Reynard, it looks like...oh. You've already run off. Okay, see you later."

After giving this "new headquarters" a brief look around (and automatically thinking what part needs to be cleaned first), Awen goes to let anyone else in - if there is anyone waiting out there, holding the new unopened letter in hand.

And so, Awen opens a door.

Mousedigits
2014-04-10, 04:00 PM
"All Right then, I shall do as the church pleases."
Out of pure curiosity, what is this address?

Chained Birds
2014-04-10, 04:12 PM
Ash

Ash proceeds to the place detailed on the paper, knocking as she was told to do.

She is not in any disguise at the moment.

DaOldeWolf
2014-04-12, 08:35 AM
Frisk arrives at the destination where he sees someone else outside. from the address. Could he be another one of the people there for the team? Frisk decides to say hi to the guy knocking the door and presents himself as Frisk.

kreenlover
2014-04-12, 09:22 AM
From across the street where you were standing (apparently Baxos gave you the wrong address, he said 6A not 5A...silly Baxos) you see two people meet up.
Then the door swings open.

The door swings open revealing a young woman inside a dusty room.

It opens into a darkened room, dim, dull, with some broken furniture. Rat droppings are piled in one corner.
A single letter lies on the one piece of furniture; a table.
A staircase leads both up and down at the far end of the room, and a door leads into a small kitchen.

Mousedigits
2014-04-12, 11:14 AM
This is the door that I'm supposed to be going into, right? If so...
Ah. Good morning (afternoon?), I am one of the Paladins of the Church. I am, apparently, assigned to the "Special Response Team" that you will be leading.

5a Violista
2014-04-12, 04:38 PM
Awen
[Great Curve, Block 52, inside 5]

"Good evening," replies the young woman inside the dusty room. "Come in, come in," she beckons, moving out of the way so everyone can come in. She apologizes. "Sorry about the mess."

She nods when Kiern approaches and she curtsies. Oh, right. That reminds her. "Oh, yes. I-I'm the leader of that group," she says. "My name's Awen, and I'm from the Brot household."

Probably soon after introductions take place, she pulls out the letter that was inside the other letter. "Oh, yes. I also have a letter for us." She starts opening it.

The others may notice, as they look into the dark room, an occasional flash of movement as her fox runs through the rooms, searching for rats.
Also, for fun and for comparison: Awen is 6 inches taller than Ash, and Frisk is 4 inches taller than Awen (according to everyone's character sheets). I don't know about Kiern, I couldn't find his character sheet yet. Awen has long black hair, heterochromic eyes, and is unnaturally thin and pale. One could easily wonder if she's sickly or just weak.
Edit: It appears I forgot to mention what Awen did with all the things she was carrying, like that backpack and such. I'm going to say she left most of them on the table.

DaOldeWolf
2014-04-12, 09:22 PM
Soul enters before Frisk to check that the inside is safe. "Its a pleasure meeting you. I have come on stead of the Family D'Arln. I am here to provide with my magical skill and training." Frisk replied. "And this here is my guardian and faithful companion Soul. "

Just after the presentations are finished, he hears about the letter. He keeps Soul on duty of keeping check of the surroundings of the room. Soul comments telepathically how depressing the whole place looks. Frisk wonders about the contents in the letter as he remains focused on the current task of what this is going to involve.

Chained Birds
2014-04-13, 12:24 AM
Ash

Ash paid no heed to Frisk's greetings, as she was not informed that she would be meeting with people before entering the building; though she didn't want to be rude.

"Best walk away pedestrian. Don't want you getting mixed up in something you can't handle."

She then entered after her initial knocks led to little response from the other side, only to then be greeted by an old woman claiming to be their leader. Sounds legit, she thought. Though Ash was more surprised by the fact that the Frisk person entered too, alongside some muscle named Soul.

Ash simply waited for Frisk to make his greetings before speaking.

"Did you read the letter Miss Awen? If not, I'd like to examine it for myself. Even if the mayor may be involved with this "group", I'd rather see what is asked of me before agreeing to do anything potentially felonious."

kreenlover
2014-04-13, 09:54 AM
Awen is a young woman :smalltongue:
Soul is an eidolon wolf.
Your knocks got a response when Awen opened the door :smalltongue:

Welcome team leader,
This shall be your new headquarters. The team shall live here, rest here, sleep, eat here. The building will be refurbished slowly but surely as we gather funds to do so. You are in charge of any additional furniture or funds that you may need.
Go let your team in, then open the second letter inside this envelope.
Quartermaster Nasar

The second letter when opened has three things inside.
In fact, although it appears to be flat and thing, when opened, has eight vials, a piece of paper, and another envelope inside.
Oddly enough, the vials seem to be too big for the envelope...
Team.
Thank you for agreeing to be a part of this group. Enclosed you will find four healing potions, and four vials of coins. They are kept in vials because that is easier to carry. Each contains 15 gold coins and 1 platinum piece. Use this money as needed, and use the potions as needed.
Now that you are all gathered, allow me to explain.
You are to be one of the newer teams, one of a new initiative to bring peace to this City. The Citizen's Watch is effective at small things, but larger matters are out of our reach. Thats why we need you people. To go beyond what we can do, to hunt down evil and darkness, to bring peace in whatever way is necessary.
However, know that you will not be above the law. You will be held accountable for your actions, and if you cannot justify them to the Mayor's satisfaction, then you will be punished accordingly. We do not want to create vigilantes or thieves.
Now, as mentioned, this will be your headquarters. Stay here when needed, use them as you please. There is an upstairs with rooms, this main floor, and a staircase that leads down. Three stories actually, to another exit (a less conspicuous one) and a few storage rooms.
Once you have made the acquaintance of your fellow team members, you will report to the Mayor's offices for your first assignment.
Team leader; remember, just as we discussed. You are the hand that wields this sword. Make sure that it is wielded for good, to cut the corruption from this town, not to protect it.

Quatermaster Nasar

Mayor Krant

P.S. Do not open the second letter until you are in a time of need. Then it'll do what is needed

5a Violista
2014-04-14, 07:10 PM
Awen

Awen consents and hands the First letter to Ash, so Ash can examine it.

After opening The Letter, she reads it aloud and hands out a Healing Vial and a Coin Vial to each group member; herself included. She sets down the Second Letter (the one still unopened) on the table, to allow herself to pace a little as she reads The Letter. "What's with all these letters?" she wonders aloud.

Meanwhile... Reynard the fox spots Soul, looking around the place. The fox darts into a corner and cowers from the wolf-spirit-creature. After all, wolves are pretty frightening to a fox.

Back to Awen... She feels Reynard's fear as if it were her own. She looks, worryingly, over into the other room where she supposes Reynard is. "Excuse me for a moment," she apologizes to her companions, before she darts out of the room to find Reynard. She spots him in the corner. Likely, Soul had continued its search through the building. Regardless, she runs up to pick him up.

Awen returns to the room with everyone else, and she's holding her red fox in her arms, stroking his head. He calms down a bit. "I'm sorry," she says, "Reynard doesn't like being around new things."

((Summary, as I had a hard time following what I just wrote: The vials are handed out. The letters are accessible (on the table) for anyone to reread and review, or look at. After briefly leaving the room, Awen returns with her fox in her arms.))

Chained Birds
2014-04-14, 10:37 PM
Ash

Ash closely inspects the paper with her investigative eye, before leaving it available to the rest. She then proceeds to wait at the table for Awen to arrive back with her fox in tow.

"So, why were you selected as our leader Miss Awen?"

Ash's eyes lock onto Awen's, as though she is looking for any hints of hesitation or dishonesty.

"If you don't mind me asking?"

5a Violista
2014-04-16, 04:19 PM
Awen

There's not just hints of hesitation. There's quite a bit of hesitation. "I..." Awen looks down and to her left, trying to decide what to say. Why was she chosen above these clearly better-qualified people? It's not the kind of hesitation that tries to hide something; rather, it's the kind of hesitation used to make a decision. "I...I don't really know. I just was."

She shrugs.

Chained Birds
2014-04-17, 09:53 AM
Ash

Ash sighs.

"Hmm, anyways. I suppose we should go to the mayor's place soon.

Is anyone too busy to do it immediately?"

She says, addressing the others.

Mousedigits
2014-04-17, 03:48 PM
Kiern
"I'm have no qualms with leaving now."

DaOldeWolf
2014-04-17, 10:06 PM
"Me neither, we can leave at any time. But who would have though this place could be the base? Even if some restoration seems to be done at a later time. I was expecting more than this." He let it out being still feeling underwhelmed.

"Still, we didn't come here for luxuries." Soul reminded him.

Chained Birds
2014-04-17, 11:51 PM
Ash (Ashley)

"Bon à entendre. Though I should at least tell you guys my name, as my appearance is not my best identifier. I go by Ash, or Ashley if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

5a Violista
2014-04-18, 12:35 AM
Awen
[Great Curve, Block 52, inside 5] => Leaving already?

Awen again decides she'll get a broom first thing after they return here. Also, hire a good locksmith to put on a good lock on all the doors here, and to get a key for each one of them. After all, they can't just rely on jammed and difficult-to-open doors in a base. "I'll just find somewhere to place all my things, first, then we'll go." She motions at her backpack and the other things she placed on the table. After all, she can't go see the Mayor looking like someone living off the streets.

She sets down Reynard, who runs off back to the shadows and watches Soul from there. She finds a good spot in another room to place them, against the wall. Awen puts whatever's small enough or valuable enough into her pockets, and leaves everything else there. Then, she double-checks to make sure she has that letter she needs to deliver to the Mayor. Can't forget that; it's important.

She returns, going to the door, ready to leave (or even leaving the building, if everyone else was also ready; and her fox darts out with her). She repeats each of the names of everyone aloud, trying to commit them to memory. It's only a few people; not that hard."Okay, so...Ashley, Soul, and...I don't think I caught your names." She points at Frisk and Kiern. "Just that you're a from the Church and you're from the D'Arln." She motions to each respectively. Ash didn't say where she was from, though. Or, if she did, Awen didn't catch it.

Mousedigits
2014-04-18, 08:55 AM
Apologies. My name is Kiern, Paladin of the Church (though no-one seems to think it.)
I hope i'm not overplaying the formality, here.

DaOldeWolf
2014-04-18, 03:22 PM
As Frisk had already presented himself before. He waited as the presentations were over.

kreenlover
2014-05-01, 04:38 PM
The streets are dark as you walk in your group towards the mayor's office.
Once more it strikes you how the city is holding its breath; once more it strikes you that all is almost too still.
Then you have arrived and a secretary is ushering you all into a small waiting room.
After a few minutes wait she motions for you to open the door, and leaves.
Behind a desk a broad shouldered man with a strong jaw sits. He leans forwards in his chair and steeples his fingers as the door on the other wall swings closed. Behind his desk is an impressive collection of bookshelves.
"You are the new team, correct?"

Mousedigits
2014-05-01, 04:58 PM
"That would seem to be the case, Your Honor.

5a Violista
2014-05-05, 09:54 PM
Awen

Awen nods, and continues, “And we‘re ready to help in whatever you need.“

Then, she adds, “I also have a letter for you, from Carmen Brot.“ She reaches into her pocket to where the letter to the mayor is, and hands it over to him.

Chained Birds
2014-05-06, 08:19 AM
Ash

Giving a bow of sorts, the lady with a trench coat smiles at the question.

"Everything is dependent on everything that is going to be said here today. If I like what I hear, then I will gladly be a part of this "team". If not, then I'll do my part to help this land in my own way, as I've been doing for some time.
So, I hope you can elaborate more on what must be done sir."

kreenlover
2014-05-06, 09:47 AM
The man laughs slightly at Kiern's response.
"I think you have me confused with somebody else. I'm not someone you call "Your Honour" I'm quartermaster Nasar"
He stands and shakes hands with everyone.
"Pleased to meet you all. I'm glad that you're here, if not to become part of the team, at least to listen to the proposal"
He sits again, and offers a box of cigars.
"Basically, the proposal is this. We need somebody to help us keep the peace in this city, to do the things that, by the law, we are bound not to do. Now, some of you may balk at that, but I mostly mean going places where we can't bringing the Cabals to heel, and stopping those who have not broken any laws yet, but who are still a threat to the safety of the city. You know the type; cultists, dissidents, those who are preparing dastardly deeds"
The cigars are a minor relaxant; soaked in some kind of magical goo it always makes those who smoke them feel a lot happier, more relaxed, and confident. Those who aren't smoking one just feel the need to sneeze at the fumes.

Chained Birds
2014-05-06, 12:50 PM
Ash

Ash takes on of the cigars, but puts it away in her coat.

"So you want us to be a team of vigilantes? Seems sketchy."

DaOldeWolf
2014-05-06, 01:12 PM
"And what is there for us?" Soul demands to know.

Frisk makes a movement with his hand in front of Soul as if telling him to remain silent. "Is there any reason to be so secretive about this whole thing? "

Mousedigits
2014-05-06, 04:16 PM
My apologies, your- Kiern falters slightly. Nasar. As for the job, I would be honored to help the city in this manner. If the city needs help, a Paladin will always be at its assistance.
For anyone who is wondering why Kiern is going along with something that "we [Nasar and his associates] are bound not to do," keep in mind that Kiern is Lawful GOOD, not LAWFUL good. He understands that sometimes the government needs to do things like this, and, being good, he cannot give up on an opportunity to help the people. (I hope I'm playing LG right. :smallsmile:)

kreenlover
2014-05-06, 04:59 PM
Nasar looks around at everyone.
"Yes, and no. You will be bound by the law, yes. However, in certain cases the law will look the other way, if that is what is needed. I guess, hmm. Perhaps I didn't phrase it quite correctly"
He looks at the eidolon then arches an eyebrow at Frisk.
"Talkative eidolon you have there. Now, what is in it for you is this; you get to help the city, you get to promote peace between the Church and the Families, and you get housing and pay. Sound good?
"Now, as to what it is you're going to be doing; its more of a special operations squad. Thats really what these teams are called. You handle what the regular police can't, and you handle it in the best way to handle it. Killing others, actual crimes, all of those are not allowed. Interfering with regular justice, kidnapping, anything even faintly smacking of corruption, well, thats not allowed either. Do you see where I'm going with this?"

You can play lawful good like that if you wish.
Also, spoilers are great :smalltongue:
I feel that they interrupt the flow of the game less.

So, I guess I didn't phrase that very well. You're basically going to be a SWAT team, more or less. Special operations, spy stuff if needed, taking on tasks that kiddies with only NPC levels and no plot armour would get wrecked by. There is some small elements of vigilante-ism in there, but mostly it wouldn't be

Chained Birds
2014-05-07, 09:55 AM
Ash

"So there are other teams too? I wonder what makes them special by comparison to our potential team.

Anyways, from what you've described it doesn't sound as bad as what I thought. Just so long as I can still do my own work on the side without much interruption, I'd be fine with this."

She then mumbles something about having to tell someone about moving out to a new place. She then sighs.

She addresses the rest of the group.

"At least the greater good might give us some extra money to do our own personal goods on the side, so that's something. And having another place to crash is fine too. I guess I'm signing up with mister Paladin over there."

She smiles and points to Kiern.

Mousedigits
2014-05-07, 04:10 PM
"I would be honored to work with you, Miss... Ash, is it? As for the rest of the group, It is good to work with all of you, too. So, Quartermaster Nasar, what might our first assignment be, once we are ready for it?

DaOldeWolf
2014-05-09, 02:43 PM
"I see. I would be honored to assist in making this a better place." He was mostly satisfied by the chance of getting to represent the family on this matter.

kreenlover
2014-05-09, 03:07 PM
"For now there is a relatively minor issue. It seems that a small cult has arisen in the Undercity. We've been hearing rumours for a while now, but none of our agents have been able to track them down. All we know is that their agents are often found recruiting at the Cursed Swine, a gambling hall of less than savoury quality. Its up to you how you bring them down. Just, find out whether they need to, and then do so. You can call in assistance if need be, but we won't be helping you with the planning. The Mayor's idea is that new ideas are what we need to get jobs like this done, unconventional ideas. Thats another reason why we've put together these teams, and filled them with groups such as yourselves; diverse people with diverse interests.
"Any more questions?"

5a Violista
2014-05-14, 07:20 PM
Awen
Mayor's Office

For the sake of conservation of detail: Awen's fox remains outside the office. For some reason, foxes don't really like offices.

Awen nods, and finally speaks. "Of course; we'll do that." Awen has read stories about cults before. They're always terrible. This sounds like a perfect sort of thing to do. Being here with the Quartermaster, and Awen's attitude seems more formal. This would have been a moment where she would have had a wide smile; instead, she just gives a terse nod.

"I don't have any other questions," she responds, looking at the other members of her team to see if they have something to add.

Mousedigits
2014-05-14, 11:57 PM
No more questions for me. We shall root out the enemies of the faith and put them to rest.

Chained Birds
2014-05-15, 08:15 AM
Ash

"The Cursed Swine eh? What a wondrous place to go when you are looking for villains to apprehend. Got to be smart about it though."

kreenlover
2014-05-19, 01:30 PM
"Excellent then. I'll leave you all to go back to your headquarters, or to sleep elsewhere as you choose. If need be, we also have room here. I think that you should meet back here tomorrow morning at first light so I can give you some equipment"

5a Violista
2014-05-20, 07:18 PM
Awen
Mayor's Office

Awen nods. "Yes, thank you. I'll be here tomorrow first thing," she says.

Unless stopped for some reason, she turns and leaves back towards the old, dirty house with her fox tagging along. She may go alone or with others - (depending on what their players say).

However, she takes a slight detour on the way back - just slight enough to buy a broom before returning back. After all, sleeping in such a messy place without doing anything about it would be a disgrace. (Witches love their brooms, don't they?)

((If someone wants to converse with her on the way back there, then feel free and we can roleplay a nice conversation or something.))

Mousedigits
2014-05-20, 09:55 PM
"All right, then. I S'pose I'll go back to the HQ." Kiern turns to walk out the door, heading to the HQ.

Upon reaching it, he notices just how filthy the place is.

"Can't have this, can we? Surely, the Gods can help me with this."

He fires up a spell in his right hand (Prestigitation) and starts using it to clean the house, one square foot every 6 seconds. Anyone who comes back to HQ before he's finished can help, and anyone who comes after he's done will come to a sparkling clean house.

Chained Birds
2014-05-21, 02:42 AM
Ash

"I suppose poking our noses around the swine tonight would be a bad idea? Oh well, I suppose there is some work to be had at our new refuge."

Ash does actually wander with Awen.

"Perhaps I may have called you out on stuff you really weren't sure about a while ago. I should apologize, but that would be admitting I was at fault to question your leadership (Which I wasn't). I do hope you won't be a simple figurehead for our group, bobbing your head around to the whims of our superiors."

5a Violista
2014-05-21, 06:18 PM
Awen
While out taking a detour

“It‘s fine,“ she responds, shaking her head. “I only found out about it myself earlier today, and I‘m sure I have as many doubts about me being a leader as you have.“ She laughs and smiles. “Just earlier today. I‘m still having trouble believing this isn‘t just another dream, and I‘ll wake up tomorrow morning and find that I just stayed up too late reading stories again, before going back to mopping floors and dusting bookshelves.“

Awen sighs wistfully. “I mean, this is the sort of thing I‘ve always read about, always dreamed about - I sincerely hope it‘s real.“

She stops walking momentarily to turn her eyes right towards Ash. “Ashley, I really want to be a good leader. I want you to promise me you‘ll help me be one.“

At a later time some time after the detour

Later, when Ash and Awen finally return with the broom, Awen is dumbstruck that the rooms are spotless clean. How...? And so quickly, too.

((Kreenlover, I can‘t find how much a broom costs. Should I just assume 3 copper coins or so?))

kreenlover
2014-05-24, 08:29 PM
The night passes quickly. While the bed bugs nip and bite, you all manage to get a good enough sleep. And a few quick uses of Prestidigitation clean them off of you in the morning.

Umm...Quartermaster Nasar will give you one for free. No need to worry about it.
Are you planning on someday enchanting this broom? :smallbiggrin:

Also, I skipped ahead, but if you guys want to do more small-talk beforehand, be my guest

Mousedigits
2014-05-24, 08:36 PM
"Well, I'm ready to take care of some cultists. You guys?"

DaOldeWolf
2014-05-26, 09:36 AM
"I agree but were shall we begin?" Frisk decided to ask.

Chained Birds
2014-05-26, 12:11 PM
Ash

Ash smirks.

"Well, I'd say this is in my field of expertise."

She starts walking around in a pondering fashion. She then stops.

"First, we must learn who is the cultist recruiter and what he/she is looking for.

Second, we must learn from him or her everything they know about the cult, but mainly the location. That's where one of our faces comes in!"

She looks around the room.

"But this is not that simple, because if you mess up your act, then you may blow the entire operation. In that case, we'd need a signal so our strong guys can muscle in and apprehend the recruiter either outside the facility or, in case of emergency, inside."

She looks towards the Paladin and Beast in the room.

"The best way to do everything is to have someone convince the recruiter that you are a willing participant, get into the cult to learn everything that is needed, then use that information against them as we take them out, head first!"

She sits back down in a chair lacing her fingers together before asking,

"So, in this plan, what roles can you guys fill?

I personally can fill as infiltrator, but first we've got to get some information."

Mousedigits
2014-05-26, 12:18 PM
"Well, I may be of use as the 'muscle,' as you call it."

5a Violista
2014-05-27, 06:38 PM
Awen

[Base]

Awen listens to the plan. She likes it. Ash really knows what she's talking about. "I'm not so good at infiltrating, but I can usually read people pretty well, so maybe I could help back you up? Also, I could send the signal out to everyone else; that's something I'm good at."

As a side note, she has the spell "Message," which she can use as many times as I like so long as it's prepared.

I think it would be an awesome idea to have her enchant the broom in a future time. Flying brooms sounds really cool.
First, though, I would have to read up the rules on enchanting objects. So it may take a while for me to figure out what sort of preparation things I'd have to do. Obviously, it won't happen until after level 5.

5a Violista
2014-06-07, 08:36 PM
Awen

So...
They leave for The Cursed Swine...?

((Maybe, to get things moving, we could finish discussing what everybody is going to be doing in the OoC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?338094-A-New-Tutus-Chapter-1-OOC)?))

kreenlover
2014-06-21, 10:26 PM
The Cursed Swine is not a nice place.
Ash remember well the hole in the wall from where Red Scar flew through, but otherwise its a normal dive.
People eye you suspiciously as you enter, but then go back to their games. More than one keep an eye on you though.