PDA

View Full Version : draconic prestiege classes

Shadowscale
2014-03-21, 12:24 AM
I'm going to try to build one of my favorite characters soon for a fun game of 3.5/PF a flegling half-dragon sorcereress, what I was wondering what the playground could help me with is what arcane casting prestiege classes exist that fit the flavor well of a draconian character? Maybe with Tiamat flavor. I know there has to be a few classes somewhere based on combining a dragon caster with sorcery.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FrznTear
2014-03-21, 04:12 AM
Dracolexi (page 79 of Draconomicon)
Pact-bound adept (page 46 of Dragon Magic)
Dragon Disciple (page 183 Dungeon Masters guide)
Talon of Tiamat (page 134 Draconomicon)

Shadowscale
2014-03-21, 04:24 AM

Unfortunately dragon disciple can't be taken by half dragons and the rest afen't good for casters or are 5 level prestiege classes.

I wanted mostly full casting maybe unless going into mindbender I just don't know what spellcasters benefit from being a dragon or have arcane dragon flavor.

Zweisteine
2014-03-21, 05:45 AM
When making a Sorcerer recently, I l discovered something rather annoying: There are almost no full casting PrCs for the sorcerer, and none (I think) with a Draconic flavor. Worse yet, almost every PrC I checked lost its first casting level.

For you, a better idea might be to use the Draconic template instead of half-dragon, and take levels in a PrC that will give you as many levels of casting overall as you would as a plain half-dragon sorcerer.

How important is being half-dragon to you, and how important is getting high-level spells? Just by being half-dragon, you lose ninth level spells, so losing two more casting levels will lose you eighth level spells as well.

Recommended houserule: Let sorcerers cast as if they were one level higher, so they get new spell levels at the same level as wizards. Sorcerers suck enough as it is; they need a little love.

Psyren
2014-03-21, 10:44 AM
Unfortunately dragon disciple can't be taken by half dragons and the rest afen't good for casters or are 5 level prestiege classes.

Dracolexi is just fine for casters, what do you mean? 9/10 casting and it gives you free spells known, plus you can even do things like recharge spell slots for yourself and your allies.

Yorrin
2014-03-21, 10:48 AM
For you, a better idea might be to use the Draconic template instead of half-dragon, and take levels in a PrC that will give you as many levels of casting overall as you would as a plain half-dragon sorcerer.

We tried to get her to be draconic or even dragonborn in another thread. She refused.

I'd like to add my vote in for Dracolexi. It's got a lot of great buffing and out of combat usage.

Shadowscale
2014-03-21, 12:11 PM
We tried to get her to be draconic or even dragonborn in another thread. She refused.

I'd like to add my vote in for Dracolexi. It's got a lot of great buffing and out of combat usage.

It's not that I'm unreasonable and don't realize half dragon isn't worth it, I just knew it changed your type and wondered if any good caster prc went off of that. I just know half dragon has la buyoff, an optional savage progression, or I could always go intermediate bloodline.

I'll look more into dracolexi, I had actually confused it with a non spellcaster bard prc from the draconomicon.

Thanks for the help.

ShurikVch
2014-03-21, 03:36 PM
How about classes from Dragon Magazine?
#296 have Dragon Mystic and Dragonscribe

malonkey1
2014-03-21, 04:03 PM

You also forgot Wyrm Wizard, which is only 7/10 but offers bonus spells known from literally any list.