PDA

View Full Version : What the...

luthais
2014-03-21, 02:31 AM
Ok, the story so far. Our party has just crashed the main tower of a drow city overrun with demons and other nasties from the abyss, and are currently being chased by a balor while we make our mad dash to a spelljammer ship shaped like a 70ft jade spider. Anyways, while escaping the tower, my warblade ripped off the tail of something, and I can't find it in any of the MMs I have.I may also just be blind lol. The creature in question has a deformed humanoid head and some of the torso, the rest is a demonic scorpion.

The DM said that as soon as I liberated it from the demon, it wrapped around my arm, without stinging, but is constricted and won't simply fall off. He also hinted that this particular limb may be useful in some way. I'm thinking poisons. Anybody got any ideas of what it might be? The name begins with either an o or an a, I think. Thanks for the help.

Lord Vukodlak
2014-03-21, 03:28 AM
Ok, the story so far. Our party has just crashed the main tower of a drow city overrun with demons and other nasties from the abyss, and are currently being chased by a balor while we make our mad dash to a spelljammer ship shaped like a 70ft jade spider. Anyways, while escaping the tower, my warblade ripped off the tail of something, and I can't find it in any of the MMs I have.I may also just be blind lol. The creature in question has a deformed humanoid head and some of the torso, the rest is a demonic scorpion.

The DM said that as soon as I liberated it from the demon, it wrapped around my arm, without stinging, but is constricted and won't simply fall off. He also hinted that this particular limb may be useful in some way. I'm thinking poisons. Anybody got any ideas of what it might be? The name begins with either an o or an a, I think. Thanks for the help.

I'm certain your dealing with something homebrew.

luthais
2014-03-21, 03:33 AM
I probably should've seen that coming. Not uncommon with this DM.

Morrolan
2014-03-21, 03:40 AM
Sounds like a Clawborn Scorrow (http://www.legendgames.co.uk/acatalog/Clawborn_NightBelow.jpg), which I only know from D&D minis.

luthais
2014-03-21, 04:42 AM
It also had a screech attack that caused derangement/insanity, save to null, will I believe, and sonic damage.