PDA

View Full Version : Pow! Miko just got Owned!!!!!!!

Copacetic
2007-02-03, 07:52 PM
I just read 409 and i wanna just shout out for the roy ownege of Miko POW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EBass
2007-02-03, 08:21 PM
http://miko.justgotowned.com/

erewhon
2007-02-03, 08:39 PM

Gee, thanks, how incredibly juvenile.

<snort>

<snicker>

BWAHAHAHAAHAH! OMGWTFBBQ!

Ow. I think I hurt myself....

Khantalas
2007-02-03, 08:42 PM
You know, that site freaks me out. The vocal, the music, the images.

Seriously, some of those are obviously fake, but what about the others?

Professor Tanhauser
2007-02-03, 09:15 PM
Miko didn't get owned at all. Roy attacked her while she was distracted, and even under the best of conditions she kicked his ass, then she whomped on shinjo and took him down, despite his ability to heal himself.

Roy then made a sneak attack after she was wounded and tired from stomping 2 significant enemies in a row. That's not owning someone, that's not being able to beat someone unless you have so many advantages over them it's not even funny.

Even sans paladinhood, mike beat roy and shinjo flat out even when the odds were against her, and yes, miko beat roy, sword and all, he jjust hit her from a blindside while she was distraxcted, a feat that hardly deserves to be called "Victory".

Copacetic
2007-02-03, 09:28 PM
Hey proffesor Tanhauser seen Ebass's post^_^

Setra
2007-02-03, 09:30 PM

Hmm I see, it replaces the name with whomever is on the address bar.. This will be a useful tool indeed *evil laugh*

Madmal
2007-02-03, 09:32 PM
Hmm I see, it replaces the name with whomever is on the address bar.. This will be a useful tool indeed *evil laugh*

I concur :smallbiggrin:

Wyborn
2007-02-03, 09:36 PM
Miko didn't get owned at all. Roy attacked her while she was distracted, and even under the best of conditions she kicked his ass, then she whomped on shinjo and took him down, despite his ability to heal himself.

Roy then made a sneak attack after she was wounded and tired from stomping 2 significant enemies in a row. That's not owning someone, that's not being able to beat someone unless you have so many advantages over them it's not even funny.

Even sans paladinhood, mike beat roy and shinjo flat out even when the odds were against her, and yes, miko beat roy, sword and all, he jjust hit her from a blindside while she was distraxcted, a feat that hardly deserves to be called "Victory".

I'm sorry, what? Miko managed to hit Roy once. Roy dragged her ass around by the hair and beat her half to death in comparison. It wasn't even a contest. He upshowed her by so much it's embarrassing.

Professor Tanhauser
2007-02-03, 09:40 PM
I'm sorry, what? Miko managed to hit Roy once. Roy dragged her ass around by the hair and beat her half to death in comparison. It wasn't even a contest. He upshowed her by so much it's embarrassing. Miko tooks hits from roy and kept fighting, roy took ONE hit from miko and was stunned, probably dead meat if Miko had pressed her attack, but she broke off.

Wyborn
2007-02-03, 09:42 PM
No, she took two hits from Roy and ran like Hell. Because he impaled her ass.

And that's what Stunning Fist does - apparently it didn't do much damage (if any) because it didn't even leave a mark on his face. He had fully recovered less than a round later.

And judging by how little damage she was managing to do, no, Roy wouldn't have been dead meat. Keep in mind he beat her in one more hit.

So, how do you figure that to be Roy getting his ass whooped when he beat Miko in three hits and apparently didn't take a lick of damage?

Taffer
2007-02-03, 09:45 PM
Stunning someone, when you are a monk, is no indication of how well you are doing in a fight. Having to cut and run is. Now, who did what?

erewhon
2007-02-03, 09:49 PM
Miko tooks hits from roy and kept fighting, roy took ONE hit from miko and was stunned, probably dead meat if Miko had pressed her attack, but she broke off.

Huh.

Ok, Stunning Fist is only usable 4 times a day for her, at most, and it does unarmed damage. Given that she's been using a bastard sword tw-handed, that's a big step DOWN in damage.

Even more, all Stunning Fist does is rob Roy of his action and remove 2, maybe 3 points of his AC. Her unarmed damage is not as good as a two-handed bastard sword, i suspect.

Was it a good tactic for her? Yes, as long as Roy keeps missing saving throws. But that is far from a sure thing, and it lowers her damage output to try it. Given the bone-crushing hits Roy is handing out (big two hander and the feats to back it up) I can't see this fight going her way on the basis of a gimmick status-effect attack.

Being stunned does not make you susceptible to coup de grace, and a couple of points of AC isn't going to leave Roy especially vulnerable.

I am honestly wondering why Roy doesn't have a locking gauntlet, though....

Igan
2007-02-03, 11:11 PM
Roy was tearing Miko up!
A friend and I tried to work out the mechanics, and I think we figured on Roy was doing...Oh, heck. Very large amounts of damage with his sword. Enough to carve whole chunks off of Miko's HP.
Face it, Miko was scared and runnin', and used Stunning Fist (er, kick) to buy herself time to get away, because she knew Roy was kicking her skinny uptight besticked ass. Remember what she said after Roy impaled her and slung her off his sword? "No! This isn't fair..."
Hardly the remark of someone who thinks she's winning.
And she Stunned him and immediately took a run, and viewed a chance to kill Belkar as a consolation.
And then she turned into a blender and slashed up Hinjo (Actually, that might be interesting to see if his character art change to include the scars...), who managed to give her a nick...
And then Roy knocked her for a grand slam, probably doing a huge chunk of hurt to her in the process.
I'd really give the fight to Roy. It was all him.
She got so arrogant that she forgot she had more than one enemy to keep in mind.

TinSoldier
2007-02-03, 11:17 PM
Remember what she said after Roy impaled her and slung her off his sword? "No! This isn't fair..."
Hardly the remark of someone who thinks she's winning.I think this was in response to losing her paladinhood, not the fact that Roy was kicking her butt.

Gergle
2007-02-03, 11:35 PM
"dragged her ass around by the hair and beat her half to death"

What an incredibly useful phrase, mind if I borrow it from time to time? :-)

Wyborn
2007-02-03, 11:35 PM
Now that it's been repeated it sounds awful, even as a simile.

Demented
2007-02-03, 11:45 PM
I think this was in response to losing her paladinhood, not the fact that Roy was kicking her butt.

It's both. It's not fair that he's kicking her butt, because she lost her paladinhood. One could say that it's something of an unfair atonement quest. =P

(Equivalent: "Oh, little level-1 Paladin, so you want to atone for stealing candy? You see that big volcano over there? That volcano belongs to Greatus Maximus Overlordus, Destroyer of a Thousand Souls. Our god dropped a special gem into Greatus' volcano and now he wants it back. That sounds like a good atonement quest to me. Go fetch it, and don't come back 'til you have it.")

Steward
2007-02-04, 12:15 AM
(Equivalent: "Oh, little level-1 Paladin, so you want to atone for stealing candy? You see that big volcano over there? That volcano belongs to Greatus Maximus Overlordus, Destroyer of a Thousand Souls. Our god dropped a special gem into Greatus' volcano and now he wants it back. That sounds like a good atonement quest to me. Go fetch it, and don't come back 'til you have it.")

If your god would do this to you, then maybe you should consider switching religions. This is obviously an abusive relationship waiting to happen. Especially if it turns out that there isn't actually a gem in here, and all the evil beings in the volcano know that you're coming.

Toxic Avenger
2007-02-04, 12:19 AM
Miko didn't get owned at all.You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding.

If she wasn't getting owned, then she wouldn't be running. If she had been beating them both flat out, then she would have stayed to finish off EVERYONE in the room, don't you think?

Professor Tanhauser
2007-02-04, 12:33 AM
I think miko was running because she wanted to get away and try to fgure out what had happened. I still think she could have finished roy while he was stunned, but chose to retreat because she needed to figure things out for a minute. Belkar was in her way and wouldn't move, and she wanted to whack him so she was going to until the other paladin interfered.

BTW, he was a great fighter and she totally dominated him, even after being wounded by roy, so she was far from beaten.

Wyborn
2007-02-04, 12:36 AM
I think miko was running because she wanted to get away and try to fgure out what had happened. I still think she could have finished roy while he was stunned, but chose to retreat because she needed to figure things out for a minute. Belkar was in her way and wouldn't move, and she wanted to whack him so she was going to until the other paladin interfered.

BTW, he was a great fighter and she totally dominated him, even after being wounded by roy, so she was far from beaten.

I'm...I'm gonna go out on a limb here. Do you know much about the d20 system at all?

Toxic Avenger
2007-02-04, 12:37 AM
No. She was not far from beaten, as demonstrated by Roy finishing her off with ONE more blow. If Miko didn't see it coming, it's her fault, since she was busy raging on Hinjo, who was clearly holding back, by the way. Roy gave adequate warning by saying "Oh, screw this!", before laying the smack down on her.

Face it. Miko got owned.

TinSoldier
2007-02-04, 12:39 AM
BTW, he was a great fighter and she totally dominated him, even after being wounded by roy, so she was far from beaten.You're kidding, right? What comic are you reading?

Miko only hits him once in #408. She got pwned there, and then in #409 Roy hits her across the room knocking her out.

Roy totally dominated Miko, not the other way around.

Kresalak
2007-02-04, 12:41 AM
I don't understand how losing her Paladin abilities would make her lose. The only offensive ability it gives is Smite, and that doesn't even work on Roy. Obviously, her previous ability to defeat him was based on how he was using a mundane club. Now that he has a +5 Starmetal Greatsword, she doesn't have a chance. I mean really, that's a 5 point shift in attack and damage, AND he got a strike in with the extra damage property. Plus, he has Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Focus, and Greater Weapon Specialization back, so it's really 7 points in attack and 9 in damage.

Toxic Avenger
2007-02-04, 12:45 AM
Well, Miko would have been able to heal some damage, but that's the only thing that would have been different. He would have still owned her.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. I forgot about Windstriker. He would only slow Roy down for a round, at best.

erewhon
2007-02-04, 12:46 AM
I don't understand how losing her Paladin abilities would make her lose. The only offensive ability it gives is Smite, and that doesn't even work on Roy. Obviously, her previous ability to defeat him was based on how he was using a mundane club. Now that he has a +5 Starmetal Greatsword, she doesn't have a chance. I mean really, that's a 5 point shift in attack and damage, AND he got a strike in with the extra damage property. Plus, he has Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Focus, and Greater Weapon Specialization back, so it's really 7 points in attack and 9 in damage.

I'd wager he has Weapon Mastery in there too, and maybe Improved Critical.

Yeah, he's pretty good with the big hunk of iron-mongery. :D

Demented
2007-02-04, 12:52 AM
If your god would do this to you, then maybe you should consider switching religions. This is obviously an abusive relationship waiting to happen. Especially if it turns out that there isn't actually a gem in here, and all the evil beings in the volcano know that you're coming.

It's a bit overmuch for an atonement quest, one would think... Then again, it'd make an interesting campaign if it's house-ruled that you're allowed to pick up Paladin levels even if you've fallen.

Some borderline-evil Lawful Neutral cleric to a Lawful Good diety sends a naive, young, level-one ex-Paladin off to rescue the gem, not wanting to have to pay the 500 xp penalty for some stupidly minor mistake.

Four years later, the Paladin returns, now level 19, worn and battle-hardened, carrying with him the gem and the head of Greatus Maximus Overlordus, decked in magical equipment salvaged from presumably hundreds of monsters and demons, including a suit of demonhide.

"Can I have my bleeping atonement, now?"

akumadaimyo
2007-02-04, 09:57 AM
Miko got owned like a lvl one noob vs a level 60 in WoW. Face it Miko fanboys. I think that comic should be framed and on display. I hate Miko with a passion. Exactly the type of Paladin player you don't want in your game. God why won't they just kill her already? Belkar may be sadistic and actually evil after all but at least he doesn't lie to himself. And BTW Miko should be cutting her chest open for killing her lord. She's supposedly a samurai after all and thats what a real samurai would do, even if they thought their lord was evil. Though if caught, such a samurai would never be allowed the honor of commiting seppuku. Her head should be cut off and allowed to rot outside the city on a pike for a example to all traitors.

Copacetic
2007-02-04, 10:27 AM
Yes that is right akumadaimo I was thinking exactly that

Lial Swiftlight
2007-02-04, 10:59 AM
I really don't care whether it was a fair fight or not. Even if Roy did only win because of trickery and picking on a weakened opponent (which I doubt), he's not the one who just got thwacked the entire length of Shojo's throne room (which is rather large, if I remember correctly from the court case).

The girl who's lying unconscoius on the floor having been beaten to within an inch of her life got owned. The guy who walked away from the fight without even so much as a scratch, did not.

mikeejimbo
2007-02-04, 11:12 AM
It's quite clear that the real winner here is Belkar.

*kick*

Lord Zentei
2007-02-04, 11:27 AM
I really don't care whether it was a fair fight or not. Even if Roy did only win because of trickery and picking on a weakened opponent (which I doubt), he's not the one who just got thwacked the entire length of Shojo's throne room (which is rather large, if I remember correctly from the court case).

The girl who's lying unconscoius on the floor having been beaten to within an inch of her life got owned. The guy who walked away from the fight without even so much as a scratch, did not.

Or, "all's fair in love and war" as the saying goes.

Tawkis
2007-02-04, 11:30 AM
It's quite clear that the real winner here is Belkar.

*kick*
Indeed...

Three Cheers for the mighty Belkar Bitterleaf!

Lord Zentei
2007-02-04, 11:41 AM
Miko got owned like a lvl one noob vs a level 60 in WoW. Face it Miko fanboys. I think that comic should be framed and on display. I hate Miko with a passion. Exactly the type of Paladin player you don't want in your game.

Again. She is an NPC antagonist. She is not a PC heroine.

God why won't they just kill her already? Belkar may be sadistic and actually evil after all but at least he doesn't lie to himself.

I'm sure that migitates his crimes no end. :smallsigh:

And BTW Miko should be cutting her chest open for killing her lord. She's supposedly a samurai after all and thats what a real samurai would do, even if they thought their lord was evil. Though if caught, such a samurai would never be allowed the honor of commiting seppuku. Her head should be cut off and allowed to rot outside the city on a pike for a example to all traitors.

It's entirely possible that it will. After her trial, that is. As Hinjo said, there is still this little thing called rule of law: y'know the thing Miko is guilty of breaking. Only Hinjo has other problems right now.

Though I can't fault Roy for wanting to attack first, ask questions later, under the circumstances.

PS: line breaks are your friend. :smalltongue:

Finwe
2007-02-04, 12:24 PM

And if he turns those seven points of attack into dmg with power attack, he's doing 23 extra damage. Not something to turn your nose up at. If we assume he's got 18 Strength, then he's doing 2d6+29 damage PER HIT. If Miko's around level 18, and has 12 con (nothing shows she has good con, but we'll give her benefit of the doubt), then her average HP (assumeing Monk4/Pal14) would be around 115. His bonus damage alone is enough to take her down. Even if she had an item to boost her con by +6 and toughness, she'd have 187 hp - with just one critical (and some slightly higher rolls for dmg), he could still potentially take her down in four hits.

Igan
2007-02-04, 02:17 PM
Finwe And if he turns those seven points of attack into dmg with power attack, he's doing 23 extra damage. Not something to turn your nose up at. If we assume he's got 18 Strength, then he's doing 2d6+29 damage PER HIT.

Actually, the best we can give on Roy is an educated guess.
I'd actually put Roy as:
12-13 Fighter (Based on him being about the same level at Durkon who's at least level 13.)
18-20 Str (educated guess, based on him being strong enough to carry Durkon when they're running.)
+5 Greatsword (known)
Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization ( Known feats)
Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Specialization, Improved Critical (What else I'd give him--he loves his sword enough and he's a high enough level to have them)
That means...
2d6 +5 +4 + 6/7
And if he does an all-or-nothing power attack, he can do something like another 24/26 points of damage.
And that last hit has the appearance of a successful all-or-nothing power attack...
So...2d6 + 15 + 24 (being conservative) That's a damage range of 17-27 damage on a normal hit and 41-51 for the last hit, based on my guesses, which are about as valid as anybody else's.
But what I'd really like to see is the Giant put his own analysis of the fight and the respective combatants, if he ever does stuff like that. I wouldn't know. I haven't been here long enough.

akumadaimyo
2007-02-04, 03:12 PM
Again. She is an NPC antagonist. She is not a PC heroine.

AND? She is still the kind of Paladin PC you wouldn't want in your game. The kind who is responsible for so many peoples hatred of Paladin gestapo's in their game. If this was WWII, Miko would definitly be sporting some jackboots.

I'm sure that migitates his crimes no end. :smallsigh:

No, but it mitigates him not being as annoyingly stupid as Miko is. And actually in my opinion I can respect someone who is evil and doesn't fool themselves with delusions far more than this annoying religious zealot that Miko is.

It's entirely possible that it will. After her trial, that is. As Hinjo said, there is still this little thing called rule of law: y'know the thing Miko is guilty of breaking. Only Hinjo has other problems right now.

Yeah, the same law and due process that Miko didn't give Shojo. She murdered him outright in front of everyone. No need to waste time with a trial. Just kill the crazy b#tch and be done with it.

Alchemistmerlin
2007-02-04, 03:13 PM
Does being a Miko fan require that you cast "Fan-blindness" on yourself every 5 rounds?

Of course she got owned, owned in the face because she just switched Tagonists. She was sort of Pro(or at least she was a set or railroad tracks for the plot to pull along), now she is CLEARLY An.

starwoof
2007-02-04, 03:16 PM
I believe the words are 'Home Run'!

Glome
2007-02-04, 03:20 PM
people are forgetting that Hinjo did actually manage to hit Miko once (on the foot granted, but it's still a hit). And if you include the stunning kick, Miko did get two shots off on Roy before running.

I think Roy definitely had some luck on the dice, the impalement was probably a critical which obviously did alot to bring her health down significantly. The last attack may have also been a critical with subdual damage considering how hard he hit her, or it could be a full power attack. For whatever reason, Miko also either decided not to use a second weapon or somehow lost it on her way to Azure city, which undoubtly negatively affected the outcome of the battle.

At any rate, I think if Miko was very lucky in the last battle she still had a chance to win. As things turned out though, she got pummeled during the fight. Even if Roy wasn't as lucky enough to get critical(s) in the battle, Miko still would have been beaten down eventually. Between Roy getting his +5 sword back, Miko losing her paladin powers, her mount and her short sword, and Hinjo acting as backup, the odds were suddenly stacked against her and she didn't get as lucky as the first two times she fought the OOTS.

Lord Zentei
2007-02-04, 03:25 PM
AND? She is still the kind of Paladin PC you wouldn't want in your game. The kind who is responsible for so many peoples hatred of Paladin gestapo's in their game. If this was WWII, Miko would definitly be sporting some jackboots.

No, she is not a PC. You are arguing from incorrect postulates.

No, but it mitigates him not being as annoyingly stupid as Miko is. And actually in my opinion I can respect someone who is evil and doesn't fool themselves with delusions far more than this annoying religious zealot that Miko is.

I disagree. If you are self deluded to the extent that you become that which you strove against you are pitiable. If you knowingly commit evil, you are contemptible.

Yeah, the same law and due process that Miko didn't give Shojo. She murdered him outright in front of everyone. No need to waste time with a trial. Just kill the crazy b#tch and be done with it.

Hilarious. So, people who don't respect the due process of law should not be given the benefit of it. And you despise Miko for acting precisely that way.

Look out: here comes the irony train, last stop you - Miko fans are not defending her descision to ignore the process of the rule of law. Miko haters are suggesting that she deserves to have the rule of law ignored in her case.

Does being a Miko fan require that you cast "Fan-blindness" on yourself every 5 rounds?

Of course she got owned, owned in the face because she just switched Tagonists. She was sort of Pro(or at least she was a set or railroad tracks for the plot to pull along), now she is CLEARLY An.

Err.. who is claiming otherwise? And no, she was always an "an", right from the get go.

Jazzvader
2007-02-04, 03:35 PM

This I can't stand for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's OTT(Over The Top)
Miko, Saddam Hussein.
No Saddam isn't that bad!

Thog's Puppy
2007-02-04, 04:16 PM
Miko totally deserved everything she got. Can't believe some people actually like her

bitnine
2007-02-04, 04:45 PM
Given my knowledge of the d20 rules and estimations of character abilities, I am unsure how else this fight could have turned out. You could stat a generous reading of Miko, complete with a feat that allows her to flurry with her katana (masterwork bastard sword), and a very mild version of Roy (which is still two-handing a +5 sword with power attack) and the mechanics pretty well dictate the outcome. That is, unless Miko had a feat like Freezing the Lifeblood, which we can readily determine she doesn't from the illustrated (heh) effects.

That being said, I think it could have gone differently as follows:
She might have had a good chance of victory if she did something tricky like stunning Roy, dropping her swords, and then picking up his weapon. In that case, Roy is deprived of his +5 sword and would have to resort to using Miko's weapon (as well as taking the time to pick it up), as he doesn't have exotic proficiency with a bastard sword. Additionally, Miko could have used the two-hander and continued to use two-weapon fighting feats making use of her "off-hand" monk body attacks (kicking ahoy). In this case, barring some lucky disarm or other rolls from Roy in general, she'd likely come out on top.

Of course, that posits a level of tactical awareness that Miko may not possess, particularly in her current state. And, of course, given that she's an NPC, she doesn't have a player to guide her actions with out-of-game mechanical analysis.

(If she still had her powers, I don't think that it would be anywhere near as clear cut. She could summon her mount into a flanking position and have it use trip attacks, as well as refresh her health and possibly use a couple of relevant spells {and don't knock paladin casting if she has access to spells like strength of stone}.)

Professor Tanhauser
2007-02-04, 07:43 PM
I don't play ANY d20 game and just don't like the system at all, but I don't haver anything against games that use it per se'. I prefer gurps as a system despite disliking the company that makes it, so the answer is no, I don't know the d20 rules, I simply can't get into a game without hit locations as standard rules anymore.

Just a 1 point quirk there...

Roderick_BR
2007-02-04, 08:34 PM

He smacked the heck out of her. That's "Owned" in my book. And Roy was beating her after she lost her paladin powers.

Demented
2007-02-04, 10:39 PM
Aside from Lay on Hands and a morale penalty, Paladin abilities don't mean much against a Good opponent if you don't have time to fill up on combat buffs.

Skyserpent
2007-02-04, 10:49 PM

*sigh*...

So I suppose mutual respect for characters is out the window now?

Demented
2007-02-04, 10:56 PM
I'm fairly sure that was never in the building to begin with.

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-04, 11:19 PM
http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Rogue/Pictures/JPEGs/Godwin.jpg

:smallsigh: Now then, no, Miko is not a Nazi. For that matter, I daresay no paladin is, because that would necessarily require supporting evil. Keeping other people from doing whatever they please is not even close to Nazism.

joelgerencer
2007-02-04, 11:21 PM
I don't play ANY d20 game and just don't like the system at all, but I don't haver anything against games that use it per se'. I prefer gurps as a system despite disliking the company that makes it, so the answer is no, I don't know the d20 rules, I simply can't get into a game without hit locations as standard rules anymore.

Just a 1 point quirk there...

Hail RuneQuest!... but Miko still got Annihilated! Completely!

Actis
2007-02-04, 11:32 PM
Still, people, she got owned. She may have had a chance somewhere before or during the fight, but she got owned.

I see no feet nor head on the theory of her having almost defeated Roy.

For the record: she got owned.

Thank you very much.

P.D.: Evil and good are relative in real life. I doubt very much the Nazis considered themselves evil and supporters of evil.

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-04, 11:41 PM
Still, people, she got owned. She may have had a chance somewhere before or during the fight, but she got owned.

I see no feet nor head on the theory of her having almost defeated Roy.

For the record: she got owned.

Thank you very much.

P.D.: Evil and good are relative in real life. I doubt very much the Nazis considered themselves evil and supporters of evil.
We're discussing D&D here. And just so everyone's on the same page, mass murder is evil in that and pretty much every other context.

DaniDaniDanica
2007-02-04, 11:45 PM
Would it be bad if I were happy this happened?

Toxic Avenger
2007-02-04, 11:48 PM
You mean happy that Miko got pwn3d?

No, that's not bad at all!

And if you wonder how I can be happy that she got owned, or how I can be a member of the Miko Fan Club and the Hinjo Fan Club at the same time...

Well, you'll just have to figure that one out on your own.

Actis
2007-02-05, 12:02 AM
We're discussing D&D here. And just so everyone's on the same page, mass murder is evil in that and pretty much every other context.

I've sent you a Private Message not to give this thread another sub plot.

I for one am happy this happened. Sadistically happy.

bitnine
2007-02-05, 12:11 AM
Aside from Lay on Hands and a morale penalty, Paladin abilities don't mean much against a Good opponent if you don't have time to fill up on combat buffs.Um... See my post above. Don't complete discount paladin buffs. Check out strength of stone. 2nd level paladin spell gives +8 bonus to strength with a swift action? Yes please! 1st level rhino's rush for swift action double charge damage? And I'd take the action to cast draconic might most days of the week.

Spiky
2007-02-05, 12:50 AM
Man, the arguing is everywhere and on everything in this joint!!

I am a Miko fan. I am a Roy fan. And Roy destroyed her in this fight, no question.

Did anyone else notice she lost 2 hits per round after falling? Does that make sense? I'm not a D&D guy, this is a real geekery question.

Erk
2007-02-05, 04:45 AM
Spiky: she lost 2 hits pre round because she isn't using her wakizashi, her shortsword.

And Akumadaimyo, just to shoot you down further:
And BTW Miko should be cutting her chest open for killing her lord. She's supposedly a samurai after all and thats what a real samurai would do, even if they thought their lord was evil. Though if caught, such a samurai would never be allowed the honor of commiting seppuku.Think about that now. A samurai swears to protect his/her lord with their life. If said samurai then chops the lord in half, I think all their vows about seppuku and honour are kinda out the window.

Besides, there is no such thing as Japan in Order of the Stick, and there were no such thing as Paladins in feudal Japan. Just because she calls herself a samurai doesn't mean she obeys the same honour code.

Anyway: seeing Miko finally get pwned was almost as satisfying as it would be if I had been Roy's player rolling the dice. That was fun. She has smacked down the OotS before, quite seriously, and it was nice to finally get payback... especially after she killed one of my favourite characters and seriously injured another.

Demented
2007-02-05, 04:54 AM
Did anyone else notice she lost 2 hits per round after falling? Does that make sense? I'm not a D&D guy, this is a real geekery question.

It's cause she didn't have her Wakizashi, only her Katana. Notice she ordinarily uses two swords, but not in this fight.

Um... See my post above. Don't complete discount paladin buffs. Check out strength of stone. 2nd level paladin spell gives +8 bonus to strength with a swift action? Yes please! 1st level rhino's rush for swift action double charge damage? And I'd take the action to cast draconic might most days of the week.

Would you happen to know any swift OGL spells?

lord_khaine
2007-02-05, 06:12 AM
i would hardly call it owned when the winning part was 3 times as many as the losing part, and the losing part was 50% disarmed before the fight even started.

Morty
2007-02-05, 06:23 AM
i would hardly call it owned when the winning part was 3 times as many as the losing part, and the losing part was 50% disarmed before the fight even started.

Even if Hinjo is significantly weaker than her, and Belkar can't inflict lethal damage?

Tnetalque
2007-02-05, 06:31 AM
I don't like using that word, but she was "owned" without a doubt.

POW.

Finwe
2007-02-05, 10:52 PM
Actually, the best we can give on Roy is an educated guess.
I'd actually put Roy as:
12-13 Fighter (Based on him being about the same level at Durkon who's at least level 13.)
18-20 Str (educated guess, based on him being strong enough to carry Durkon when they're running.)
+5 Greatsword (known)
Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization ( Known feats)
Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Specialization, Improved Critical (What else I'd give him--he loves his sword enough and he's a high enough level to have them)
That means...
2d6 +5 +4 + 6/7
And if he does an all-or-nothing power attack, he can do something like another 24/26 points of damage.
And that last hit has the appearance of a successful all-or-nothing power attack...
So...2d6 + 15 + 24 (being conservative) That's a damage range of 17-27 damage on a normal hit and 41-51 for the last hit, based on my guesses, which are about as valid as anybody else's.
But what I'd really like to see is the Giant put his own analysis of the fight and the respective combatants, if he ever does stuff like that. I wouldn't know. I haven't been here long enough.

I'm not sure what you were trying to say in your post, but I'll explain my reasoning:

18 Str: +6 dmg bonus (two hander)
Using the extra +7 to hit that he gets from his sword for power attack: +14 dmg (two hander)
+5 dmg from enchantedment
+4 for greater weapon specialization
+2d6 base dmg

That totals to 2d6+29 damage per hit, and he'll hit as often as he did when he was using the club.

PePe QuiCoSE
2007-02-06, 07:32 AM
"And maybe enjoying the beating he just gave you a little more than it is entirely healthy"

yeah, Roy owned Miko badly and even Hinjo who "was there" says so...(oh, btw, the giant writes what he says :P)

spectheintro
2007-02-06, 09:42 AM

1.) D&D actually notes the fallacy of this line of thought in its description of good and evil. Very few people who commit evil are consciously aware of it being so, and in fact are convinced they are acting in the pursuit of good. This does not make them less evil; it just makes them self-delusional at best, and hypocrites at worst.

2.) Moral relativism has absolutely no intellectual basis whatsoever. There are almost no modern philosophers who take the concept seriously. If you want to read the definitive rejection of moral relativism, read The Last Word by Thomas Nagel.

Finally, with that said, that aninote link was hilarious, and Miko most certainly got a hefty ass-kicking. And Belkar's kick was *classic.*

Professor Tanhauser
2007-02-06, 10:11 AM
Someone said that shinjo was holding back in his fight with miko, yet in issue 410 he admitted miko could/would have killed him if not for roy's attack.

Doesn't sound like she got "owned" when she was able to kill shinjo after being wounded by roy and still leaving him with his head spinning.

dragongirl13
2007-02-06, 11:14 PM
I think Miko was pwnd. In fact, that was major pwnage.

Sorry about all the "pwn" jabber. I play too many computer games more than most people would like to think. Plus, the kids at school say "pwn," and they have been giving me bad habits.

And that website was so completely HILARIOUS that I almost laughed my head off. Actually, I'm still trying to repair all the cracks because I cracked up. (Cracked up... repair all the cracks... do you get it?)

Silverlocke980
2007-02-06, 11:23 PM
Miko got owned and the owned website is completley insane.

Why did Miko get owned?

Figher-without-bonus-feats vs. Fighter-with-Greatsword.

Match to Roy.

Ariko
2007-02-06, 11:31 PM
Someone said that shinjo was holding back in his fight with miko, yet in issue 410 he admitted miko could/would have killed him if not for roy's attack.

Doesn't sound like she got "owned" when she was able to kill shinjo after being wounded by roy and still leaving him with his head spinning.

Er? if by Shinjo you mean Shojo, she wasn't wounded when she killed him. if you mean Hinjo, she didn't kill him. Would have killed him yes, but the meaning here seems to be that Roy 'owned' her, not Roy and Hinjo together. landing a single stunning fist blow isnt quite the same as as beating him, only worked for a round. Mind you, she was still impressive for having taken 2 surprise attacks to do most of the damage.

Jade_Tarem
2007-02-07, 12:52 AM

Well, certainly she didn't get "owned" in the fight against Hinjo. She got "owned" by Roy.

Stats Breakdown.

Roy: Remaining HP: 100% He just got some XP too, most likely.

Miko: Remaining HP: ?% with subdual damage equal to or exceeding her remaining hit points.

Bear in mind that Roy whopped her with the flat of his blade at the end, which has a damage penalty, which means that Roy could have taken her head off had he meant to. Now Miko is lying in a crumpled heap in the corner, currently missing X% of her HP and all the paladin class abilities she once had, and Roy is Hinjo's favorite PC of the evening.

3 on 1 fight? Doubtful. For starters, Belkar didn't fight, and Roy and Hinjo didn't fight at the same time. Granted, Tag-Team still isn't fair, but Hinjo barely scratches her, strongly indicating that Roy could have finished her on his own had Miko not run.

Stunning Fist (foot) does not allow for coup-de-grace. Miko didn't "spare" Roy or anything by running away. She just ran away. As I've never heard of a monk maneuver called "Winning by Running" it's fairly likely she did it because she was losing.

Arguing that escape was Miko's only plan is also doubtful. Miko strongly suggests by attacking Shojo and Hinjo out of the blue (har!) that she really isn't interested in mercy, compassion, or empathy. The gods agree (in and of itself a form of ownage). Worse, she lost the chance for mercy from her new lord and master, Hinjo.

Whether Roy got lucky or not is irrelevant. The Impale was likely a critical hit, but it was just speeding up a trend. It seemed Miko was having a lot of trouble hitting Roy, not the other way around. And either way, lucky ownage is still "ownage."

I'm surprised anyone is arguing that it was anything close to an even fight.

Demented
2007-02-07, 12:59 AM
Roy did take a hit. One. Far better than his previous battles with Miko. Though, in the fight with Xykon, I don't think Roy took a single hit beyond his sword getting shattered.

Yzorth
2007-02-07, 10:47 AM
I liked that scene when Roy kicked Miko's ass.

Mordaedil
2007-02-07, 11:06 AM

Funny thing about that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauwastika

The common consenus is that through ALL ages and time, the swastika has represented "bad fortune, evil and so forth" while the sauwastika represented "good fortune, benevolence and so forth". For some irony, the Nazis use the swastika. Very befitting and really says a lot about the mindset of these people.

Furthermore a PostScript is PS, not PD :P

pendell
2007-02-07, 11:16 AM
And BTW Miko should be cutting her chest open for killing her lord. She's supposedly a samurai after all and thats what a real samurai would do, even if they thought their lord was evil. Though if caught, such a samurai would never be allowed the honor of commiting seppuku.

STOMACH. Seppuku is committed by cutting the stomach, followed by kaishaku -- having a friend whack off your head so that you don't embarrass yourself by screaming like a little schoolgirl from the pain of disemboweling yourself.

Female samurai were permitted to commit seppuku by stabbing themselves in the throat instead of the stomach ... although I think Miko has the stones to do the full stomach-disemboweling.

The only problem would be crowd control when the call went out for a 'volunteer' to act as her second. The amount of people leaping at the chance to cut her head off must include pretty much the entire Samurai population of Azure City.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Primus Inter Pares of the :hinjo: fan club.

Surefoot
2007-02-07, 11:38 AM
Anyone who thinks this fight was not completely one-sided in Roy's favor obviously either forgets that this comic is a D&D game, doesn't understand the D&D rules, or both.

GoC
2007-02-07, 03:30 PM
Miko got pwned. Fact.
She had little chance of winning, but it would still have been possible.
I liked pre-406 Miko but strongly dislike the new one. If I was in the fanclub I'd resign.

akumadaimyo
2007-02-07, 04:53 PM
Ah but seppuku is called CHEST cutting, not stomach cutting and actually you do eventually cut up into the chest area, IF your tough enough to not cry out.

akumadaimyo
2007-02-07, 04:58 PM
And Akumadaimyo, just to shoot you down further:Think about that now. A samurai swears to protect his/her lord with their life. If said samurai then chops the lord in half, I think all their vows about seppuku and honour are kinda out the window.

WRONG. She would still be expected to do so. But then she is nothing but a hypcritical zealot anyway so she can't be expected to actually live up to being a Samurai. Not shooting much of anything down there. Reload and check your aim.

Besides, there is no such thing as Japan in Order of the Stick, and there were no such thing as Paladins in feudal Japan. Just because she calls herself a samurai doesn't mean she obeys the same honour code.

Irellevant. Samurai are still a concept taken from Japan. And actually one could argue there were indeed Paladins in Japan. They are called Sohei. Since a Paladin is a Holy Warrior and Sohei is a warrior monk its almost the same.

akumadaimyo
2007-02-07, 05:04 PM
I disagree. If you are self deluded to the extent that you become that which you strove against you are pitiable. If you knowingly commit evil, you are contemptible.

AND how is knowingly commiting murder NOT evil? Uh huh, thought so.

Hilarious. So, people who don't respect the due process of law should not be given the benefit of it. And you despise Miko for acting precisely that way.

Wrong. I despise Miko for being a annoying crazy b*tch from hell who lives up to all the negative sterotypes of being a Paladin. They saw her kill Shojo with their own eyes. Don't exactly need much of a trial for that. This aint gonna be 12 angry men. :smallsigh:

akumadaimyo
2007-02-07, 05:08 PM
http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Rogue/Pictures/JPEGs/Godwin.jpg

:smallsigh: Now then, no, Miko is not a Nazi. For that matter, I daresay no paladin is, because that would necessarily require supporting evil. Keeping other people from doing whatever they please is not even close to Nazism.

No, not really. Many Nazi had no idea of what was really going on in those prison camps.

Medri
2007-02-07, 05:34 PM
Miko probably shouldn't have been owned as badly as she was considering she has at least a few levels in monk with her fallen paladin abilities. But she did. She couldn't finish Roy in one round after the stunning fist, unless she used quivering palm, which I doubt she has.
She was also fighting with rage, not disciplined strength she is used to. I think that aided her in the first fight. Plus Roy wasn't out to kill her in the first fight, this time I'm fairly certain by the impaling that he intended to make her and her limbs bid a fond farewell.
She was running from combat. If you've never had combat go horribly wrong and had to cut and run just to keep from being eaten for head-piked at some city gates, lucky you. But for most gamers its come to the end of a night where you all sit and get to decided who gets eaten by what creature left after getting your butt handed to you. It happens.
Miko was trying to prevent this from happening. Plus, she was super keen on wearing Belkar's head as a hat.
And am I the only one that noticed that Belkar kicked her in the last panel? Does that mean that maybe, just maybe, the who "just convince him that the curse exists" is what is really going on? It hasn't said what happened to her, if she died or was just unconscience or whatever. But if she was unconscience then when Belkar did that little kick he should have set off the curse...spell...thingy.
I sure hope so, I miss the old Belkar. Wearing Kobold Skull Hats....ahhh that's the good stuff.