PDA

View Full Version : The Treehouse Fantastic

zylaa
2007-02-03, 08:03 PM
At the first really tall tree on the outskirts of town, Zylaa had moved in. Rather than try to find her way through the maze of streets and shops on her own, she set up camp in the sturdiest branches she could find. Now she lounged in a hammock strung between two branches, all her posessions stored in a hollow in the tree's trunk higher up. She had liberated a tattered welcome mat from somewhere and dropped it at the base of the tree, just because.
Of course, this is only delaying the inevitable, she thought. I'll have to find my way around on my own eventually. Nobody's going to notice anything different about this tree. There was a rustling in the higher branches.
ZOMG this leaf is shiny! cried one of the ice weasels. It should be impossible to pronounce acronyms, but the weasel did so anyway. Zylaa smirked as she sank back into her hammock. Perhaps people would stop by anyway- it wasn't every day one saw several dozen weasels scampering around tree branches.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-03, 08:16 PM
The sound of thumping metal can be heard from inside the tree, along with a young girls voice, "Hey!... Hey! Looking that tree! There are weasels all over it! They're so adorable!"
A deeper, metallic sounding voice replies, "Weasels can bite, my lady. I would be cautious as to find out what kind and whose weasels they are before I'd attempt to touch one."

zylaa
2007-02-03, 08:22 PM
A few of the weasels sat up at the sound of the voice. For the voice sounded metallic, and as everyone knows, metals are shiny. Of course, not all the weasels made that connection, so most continued to look for shiny leaves on the tree.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-03, 08:29 PM
If someone were to peer down from the trees, they would see an 8 or 9 foot tall suit for armor with a small girl climbing down from his shoulder. "I think I see a welcome mat at the bottom of this tree... I want a better look!" The armor appears to sigh.

zylaa
2007-02-03, 08:54 PM
SHINY! In an instant, dozens of weasels dropped from their limbs onto the suit of armor, though once on, they did nothing more than stare at the metal.
"No! What are you lot doing now?" Zylaa grumbled, sitting up in her hammock and carefully disengaging herself from the rickety structure. "Oh great... Sorry!" she called down to the people on the ground. "Sorry about that! They're harmless, really!"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-04, 06:49 PM
Evander would have been startled from the sudden barrage of weasels had he not been a huge assembly of armor. Ms E, however, does jump back for a moment before hearing the voice from up inside the tree.

"Oi! There's someone living in that tree, then? You stay here, Evander, and try not to accidently hurt the weasels, umkay?"

"Does that mean I can do it on purpose?" He asks sarcastically.

Ms E decides to ignore him, but inwardly smiles that the fact he is understanding the idea of "sarcasm." She calls up to the tree inhabitant, "Hey, do you mind if I come up?" Without waiting for an answer, she begins to climb the tree while Evander calmly tries to brush the weasels off of his armor, as gently as his huge hands can manage.

zylaa
2007-02-06, 10:03 PM
"Sure, come on up, pull up a branch," Zylaa says, gesturing to the tree limbs. "Want me to call off the weasels? I've got some sugar in reserve for emergencies." One paw grabs on to the makeshift storage space in the tree trunk, ready to pull out the sweets. "You could have some candy if you wanted too," the weasel-girl says. "I've got plenty."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-09, 10:24 PM
Ms E finally reaches the top and smiles at Zylaa. "I suppose you can call them off if you want to... but I think Evander is starting to enjoy them."

Below, the pair can see Evander trying to brush off the weasels although they are probably just jumping back on. He starts to do a sort of hop around and keeps reaching back to try and get ahold of one. "No, you--stop that!--you are leaving messy pawprints all over!"

"Eh-heh..." She shrugs. "More or less."

zylaa
2007-02-10, 03:16 PM
"The weasels are enjoying themselves, at least," Zylaa says, listening to the weasels' cries of Wheeeee! as they jumped on, and even as they were flung off. "So who are you?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-10, 06:23 PM
"Oh, heh, sorry. Didn't even think about that." She beams a friendly smile to Zylaa, "I'm Ms Elaneous. You can call me Ms E or something if you like. And, as I'm sure you've figured out, that's Evander down there."

zylaa
2007-02-12, 09:08 PM
"Elaneous?" Zylaa says. "I like it, rolls off the tongue nicely." She pauses for a second to wave down to Evander, not really caring if he can see her or not. "So what're some good spots around town? I just moved here."

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-02-13, 03:36 PM
A cluster of small spiders climb up the tree. They hold a note and a small present.
The Note says:

Dear Zylaa,

I hope you have a great housewarming, and I am sorry I couldn't show up for it. I hope you like my housewarming present and will not hesitate to give any spiders a note if you would like to talk (PM me with the note.) Good day!

~Fualkner Asiniti
The present:
Under the colorfu red wrapping paper is a couple dozen sweaters made for weasels. They are green and fuzzy. One in there is made for zylaa. It seems to change color based on how you look at it. It is very fuzzy.

A note in the box says: "I hope you and your weasels don't get cold. ~Fualkner Asiniti"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-13, 07:28 PM
Ms Elaneous backs slowly away from the spiders, it being fairly obvious she's not overly fond of them, before she smiles at Zylaa. "Well, the Temple of Inari is a great place for healing and every month or so I hear they have a Moon Party or Fest or something. Never have been in town when they are holding one." *shrug* "Oh, and there's Trog's Tavern! Good place to eat, listen to music... You have to watch out for fights every now and again, but usually they won't bother you. Oh, and never say the Q-word when you are in there... quiet. Just trust me on this one."

zylaa
2007-02-13, 11:10 PM
"Ah. I'll take care not to," Zylaa says. She looks over at the spiders, mumbles "cute little arachnids," and takes the note and present. She opens up the sweaters with delight. "Fuzziness!" she says, hugging the sweater to her. A few of the weasels, finally bored with Evander, hop up the tree to recieve their own sweaters.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-16, 05:40 PM
Evander sits motionless for a moment, having just realized the weasels have left. "Are you alright, my lady? I am afraid it is physically impossible for me to join you without causing permanent injury to the tree."

Ms Elaneous calls down to him, "Doing great, Evander!" She turns to Zylaa, "So, those are from a friend of yours? Heh, nice of him to think of you. The sweaters are adorable."

(OOC: Seriously, if I take a long time to reply, PM me and remind me that you've replied. I check this forum daily, but I just might forget about this thread sometimes.)

zylaa
2007-02-16, 07:09 PM
"Not a friend, actually," Zylaa says. "But yes, it was very nice. Agh, got any paper? I should write a thank-you note..."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-16, 07:27 PM
Ms Elaneous digs into her small back pack. "I think I should have a sheet." She whips out a piece of yellow parchment and a quill pen. "I've been working on my calligraphy skills..."

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-02-17, 12:11 PM
A puff of smoke appears from the bottom of the tree. When it clears a four-armed teifling is standing there. He wears a silver tophat.

Greetings! I see you have found my present. I hope you like it.

Small spiders crawl around his feet. He picks one up and dangles it off his finger by a thread.

zylaa
2007-02-17, 01:40 PM
"I do! It's wonderful," Zylaa calls down. "Come up, take a branch, stay a while," she offers.

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-02-18, 06:46 PM
Don't mind if I do.

Fualkner climbs the tree without any handholds, just as a spider would. He sits on a branch close to Elaneous and Zylaa and looks nervously at the weasels.

Those don't eat spiders, right?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-19, 06:06 AM
Ms Elaneous pulls a somewhat worried face at the spiders, but, trying to overcome her fears, she gingerly reaches forward with one finger in order to perhaps touch the spider.

zylaa
2007-02-20, 09:03 PM
"They don't eat spiders, don't worry. They're much more interested in... er... sucrose-related products. Very, very interested." Zylaa examines the spiders, though she doesn't try to touch one.

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-02-21, 10:13 AM
The spider jumps on E's finger. Fualkner smiles slightly.

Don't worry, he won't bite. He's rather nice...

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-21, 06:35 PM
Ms Elaneous gives a slight start when the arachnid jumps on her finger. She recovers herself more or less and sort of holds her hand as far away from the rest of herself as possible. "I don't know... they're kind of scary-esque..." She continues to watch the spider both dubiously and curiously.

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-02-26, 01:10 PM
The spider smiles at Ms E, as best a spider can smile.

zylaa
2007-02-26, 05:31 PM
"How smart are the spiders?" Zylaa asks. The weasels begin to watch the spiders as well.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-28, 09:17 PM
Although a smiling spider can be a bit more creepy than usual, Ms Elaneous gets the sentiment and braves trying to pet the little spider as gently as possible.

"Well, I gotta go. I've got things to do and people to see. Besides, Evander is rusting out there." She laughs a little.

"I am not rusting, my lady. It is physically impossible for me to rust..." Evander calls up sounding confused.

"Evander, I was using a figure of speech." Ms Elaneous calls back. "Well, it was lovely meeting you, Zylaa. I hope you have fun here in the Town! You too, Faulkner" She lays her finger next to the Faulkner to allow the spider to crawl off. As soon as he does, she scurries back down the tree and up onto Evander. Evander bows slightly at the figures in the tree and they turn to leave.