PDA

View Full Version : Bardificer

paperarmor
2014-03-21, 02:21 PM
Had the idea to build an Artificer/Bard that works like a hoardificer and uses IC to pump the minions my original Idea is Artificer 4/Bard 16 does anybody have a better plan? Or is this just a terrible idea?

Waker
2014-03-21, 02:40 PM
Had the idea to build an Artificer/Bard that works like a hoardificer and uses IC to pump the minions my original Idea is Artificer 4/Bard 16 does anybody have a better plan? Or is this just a terrible idea?

Perhaps someone more familiar with the ins and outs of the Artificer can correct me, but I don't think the combination works that well, at least in the fashion that you seem to be aiming for. The artificer's ability to craft items is limited on not only his UMD skill, but also his levels in the class.

For purposes of meeting item prerequisites, an artificer's effective caster level equals his artificer level +2. If the item duplicates a spell effect, however, it uses the artificer's actual level as its caster level...
Now of course there is nothing stopping you from using your Bard levels to qualify for item creation, but that would only cover items that the Bard would normally be able to make.

paperarmor
2014-03-21, 05:26 PM
Ah gotcha thanks

Urpriest
2014-03-21, 05:39 PM
In general, you need only a few Bard levels to get a high Inspire Courage bonus, while on the other side Artificer benefits from a large investment. So Bard 4/Artificer 16 might be workable, but not the other way around.