PDA

View Full Version : Gaining Turn Undead Class Ability

Gamereaper
2014-03-21, 04:10 PM
Other than acquiring it from Cleric, are there any feats or prestige classes aside from Sacred Exorcist?

I'm building an Archivist and I'd like the Turn Undead Class Ability.

Is there anything that grants it?

Talya
2014-03-21, 04:20 PM
Google is so awesome.

Turn/rebuke Undead

grants turn/rebuke undead - anything that grants turning generally stacks
Cleric 1
Paladin 4
Blackguard 3, ecl, command or rebuke only
Sacred Exorcist 1, ecl 8, Complete Divine, turn only
Ur-priest 2, ecl 7, Complete Divine, rebuke only
Divine Mind 4, Complete Divine, class variant (here)
Dread Necromancer 1, base class, Heroes of Horror, rebuke only
Death Delver 1, ecl 6, Heroes of Horror, rebuke only
Chameleon 3, ecl 8, Races of Destiny, see text
Master of Radiance 1, ecl 6, Libris Mortin, turn only - unclear whether you gain turning or if it only stacks
Tenebrous, vestige, ecl 7, Tome of Magic, unlimited use but see text
Knight of the Raven 3, ecl 7, Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
Apostle of Peace 1, ecl 8, Book of Exalted Deeds
Soldier of Light 1, ecl 6, Deities and Demigods
Deadgrim 1, ecl 6, Magic of Eberron - unclear whethero you gain turning or if it only stacks

levels stack for turn/rebuke undead (ie: requires turn/rebuke to qualify for the PrC)
Radiant Servant of Pelor, ecl 7, Complete Divine
Warpriest, ecl 6, Complete Divine
Eldritch Disciple, ecl 6, Complete Mage
Paragnostic Apostle, ecl 3?, Complete Champion
Ordained Champion, ecl 4, Complete Champion
Master of Shrouds, ecl 4, Libris Mortis - rebuke only
Sacred Purifier, Libris Mortis - turn only
True Necromancer, Libris Mortis - rebuke only
Purifier of the Hallowed Doctrine, ecl 6, Heroes of Horror - turn only
Death Delver, ecl 6, Heroes of Horror, rebuke only
Bone Knight, ecl 5, Eberron Five Nations, rebuke only
Deadgrim, ecl 6, Magic of Eberron
Eye of Horus-Re 1, ecl 7, Player's Guide to Faerun

Shaman
Yathrinshee, ecl ?, Player's guide to Faerun - rebuke only

Greater Turning
Sacred Purifier 1, ecl 6, Libris Mortis

Special Mention
Cleric 1, Azurin racial substitution, Magic of Incarnum - gain Channel Incarnum instead, but counts as turning for feats
Cleric 1, Dragonblood substitution level, Races of the Dragon, turn energy instead, counts as turning for feats
Spirit Shaman 2, Complete Divine - chastise spirits, see text
Binder...?
Exalted Turning, feat, Book of Exalted Deeds, turned creatures take 3d6 damage
Druid Domains, Sun (UA, House Rule sidebar, pg 68) but only 1/day
Bone Talisman (Drd 2) spell online at Earthmother's Weapons (Druid Spells from the Moonshaes)

Gamereaper
2014-03-21, 04:45 PM
Google is so awesome.

Yeah, I tried looking for stuff that does, all I could find was Sacred Exorcist.

I'm using an Archivist since I know I can use both wizard and cleric spells, then getting Warlock to go into Eldritch Theurge and Disciple.

Sha'ir isn't allowed since "domains don't count" for the purposes of casting divine spells.

I really want to avoid using Adept, but I really don't want to use Sorcerer and Favored Soul.

Also, Google just throws information at you. Giant In The Playground actually explains all of this stuff to someone like me that's really new to D&D 3.5

That's kind of why I ask all of my questions here.

When I used to play AD&D, it was just Clerics, Druids, Magic Users (Wizards), and Illusionists.

Now there is 20 different kinds of spells and 5 different ways to cast them.
They have things like stances and maneuvers too.

It's just a very big jump for me. I have pretty much memorized almost every table except the STR table (super complicated) required for characters to know. Now there is so much stuff, it's a wonder how anyone doesn't get confused by all of it.

Story
2014-03-21, 06:31 PM
It's just a very big jump for me. I have pretty much memorized almost every table except the STR table (super complicated) required for characters to know. Now there is so much stuff, it's a wonder how anyone doesn't get confused by all of it.

I think it's a combination of experience and remembering the things relevant to what you're playing. For example, I recently forgot that you can draw a weapon during a charge, because I always play Wizards.

Seer_of_Heart
2014-03-21, 06:50 PM
This isn't applicable for an archivist but if you're an arcane caster you can take the necromantic bloodline feat and the kin mastery feat to gain the ability to turn/rebuke undead.

Andorax
2014-03-21, 07:54 PM
Dragon 305, God Touched and Divine Channeler feats grants 1 turn/day.

Flawed my way into Silver Flame Pyromancer using this route.

Gamereaper
2014-03-21, 08:58 PM
I think bloodlines and dragon magazine stuff won't be allowed.

Any other classes that allow Arcane and Divine casting?

Azoth
2014-03-21, 11:24 PM
A trick to solo qualify with just Archivist is to use Alternate Spell Source or Southern Magic (both are feats) to prep your divine spells as arcane spells. You now can cast Arcane spells of whatever level you can divine spells of.

This way you can just go straight Archivist/Warlock/Eldritch Theurge/Eldritch Disciple.

You won't get any other casting, but so be it.

Another route is Wiz1/Archivist X/Warlock Y/PRC Z. Use Sactum Spell (Feat) and Precoscious Apprentice (feat) at level one to have second level Arcane Spells.

*WARNING* These methods are considered cheese by some and may get a DMG thrown at you.