PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Feat ideas

Spacehamster
2014-03-21, 04:12 PM
Im building a fast/strong charger type pc that is currently level 9,
2 lvl barb, 4 lvl fighter, 3 level champion of Gwynharwyf. he has
these feats so far; Quick, Knight of stars, Power attack, Righteous wrath, exotic weapon proficiency mercurial greatsword,
leap attack, ancestral relic and Improved bull rush, will take shock trooper at level 12.
Going for improved critical at 15(will have keen on my ancestral relic until then).
When 20 I will have levels as follows 8 FIG, 2 BARB and 10 Champion.
This leaves the feat at 18 and two fighter bonus feats that Im not 100% sure about what ill take.
Oh and will avoid things that gives me full amount of attacks at a charge as to not be too powerful compared to the other players.
Any fitting ideas for this build?

Spacehamster over and out

hemming
2014-03-21, 04:44 PM
What books/sources are allowed or restricted?

Are you married to the current build or also interested at all in alternate class suggestions?

Someone recently pointed me toward the skillful weapon enhancement (only a +1 enhancement) from complete arcane - which would let you do away with the EWP if you want

Spacehamster
2014-03-21, 04:48 PM
What books/sources are allowed or restricted?

Are you married to the current build or also interested at all in alternate class suggestions?

Someone recently pointed me toward the skillful weapon enhancement (only a +1 enhancement) from complete arcane - which would let you do away with the EWP if you want

Im married to the build. :) Just the lvl 18 feat and 2 fighter bonus feats Im not sure of what to take, we are letting people use what they find that is official material from 3.5 and in some cases 3.0 so not really any restrictions.

hemming
2014-03-21, 05:07 PM
Powerful Charge and Greater Powerful Charge seem to fit the spirit of what you are going for

Blind-fight, combat reflexes, improved trip - all solid options to let you have a little more combat versatility

Robilar's Gambit also interesting if you are up for it

Spacehamster
2014-03-21, 05:19 PM
Powerful Charge and Greater Powerful Charge seem to fit the spirit of what you are going for

Blind-fight, combat reflexes, improved trip - all solid options to let you have a little more combat versatility

Robilar's Gambit also interesting if you are up for it

Thanks the two powerful charge feats seem nice for the two fighter bonus feats. Will probably take reckless rage from races of stone for the level 18 feat for better rage bonuses.

Spacehamster
2014-03-21, 06:06 PM
Oh and with the powerful charge and greater powerful charge, does the extra damage dice get multiplied by criticals or is it like sneak attack dice?

hemming
2014-03-21, 10:24 PM
No - extra dice greater than the weapons normal damage dice do not

Spacehamster
2014-03-22, 02:47 AM
No - extra dice greater than the weapons normal damage dice do not

Hmm but neither 1d8 for medium size or the 2d6 for large size is greater then the dice of a mercurial greatsword. The large one is equal and the medium smaller. So does that mean it does multiply? Not that it's that important as it would greatly improve my non-criticals anyway. :)