PDA

View Full Version : The Wall (IC)

BarnabasBailey
2014-03-21, 06:13 PM
Morning had broken over the black stones of the Wall some three hours before. Not that it was apparent on the inside; aside from the sunlight coming from the occasional murder hole, the cities and villages are just as moderately lit as always with artificial and magical lights. People go about their daily business as always, just another day inside the Wall.

You find yourself called to the Central Barracks, a monolithic structure-within-a-structure that takes up an impressive chunk of valuable real estate. Somewhere on your person, a letter of introduction, instructing you to report from whatever station you called home to Central to speak directly with the Governor-General himself. The message was written in such a way as to perhaps suggest that this meeting was completely voluntary. However, with it came the instruction to bring this letter with you, as well as a reminder that this message was protected under the State Secrets Act, and that sharing the information in this message freely may be punishable with imprisonment.

At the gates to Central, the guards stand passively by, ready as always but engaged in the constant struggle against boredom. They seem to be expecting somebody. Yourself, perhaps?

AngryCyc
2014-03-21, 06:39 PM
Lora makes her way nervously to the destination. Approaching the guards, she tries to stave off any extraneous conversation with the guards by holding up the summons once she's close enough for them to have entered each other's socially-obligated acknowledgment distance.

18 feet... Smile... Nod. Social interactions were down to a science for her. She flashed the papers, gave a shrug, and made her move to pass on through.

Odentin
2014-03-21, 07:01 PM
Mendrae makes her way through and over the streets in the dawn hours, slipping unseen past those awakening for the day and the window of those still inclined to sleep for a little while longer. Along the way, she practices her gymnastics, twisting herself into flips and leaps that might be showy...if she ever bothered to let anyone see them.

As she reaches the barracks, she pauses a moment to assess the guards, rolling her eyes at their lax demeanor. She contemplates, for a moment, scaling the walls and bypassing them entirely, but deems it unworthy of the risk. Instead, she materializes from the shadows and approaches, pulling the sealed introduction letter from within her cloak and holding up the Spymaster's seal upon it to one of the guards, "Letter for the Governor-General."

She makes no show of stopping or even slowing on her way into Central.

Tyeal
2014-03-21, 07:34 PM
Diamon trundled through the city streets, drawing a few curious eyes as he did so. A heavily armored Dwarf, carrying a weapon that appeared to be twice his height, tended to draw some attention. Even if only a little. He brushed off such looks and continued on his way, letter tucked away inside the glove of his shield hand. Secured between the braces there.

His beard and hair were quickly brushed before he left, as well as his weapons and armor polished. He had been summoned to see a high-ranking figure after all. Had to look presentable! He spied the entrance of the Central Barracks, as well as the guards standing out front. He produced his letter with a pleased sigh, commenting, "I think yoll find everythin' in order gentlemen! Hope I havan't kept th' Governer-General waitin' long..."

Eldon4
2014-03-21, 07:55 PM
Ven walks the streets with a slightly distant smile on his face as if his mind is somewhere else, In reality he is paying close attention to everything around him. As he draws closer to the barracks he sees the guards and gives them a friendly smile, "Why hello, I'm Ven, and let me tell you that I feel much better about my meeting with the Governer-General knowing that their are such diligent guards such as yourselves guarding the way in. In fact I believe I shall have to report your professionalism to him, may I have your names?" He awaits their reply and bids them good day, then heads on his way.

Diplomacy to make the guards more friendly

[roll0]

Dromuthra
2014-03-21, 11:22 PM
Aritain woke up early, stretched, and drew a strange circle on the floor of the tavern room he was staying in. Drawing his longsword, he saluted the empty air, took a knee and requested orders. Seconds later, the figure of an ancient hobgoblin general appeared and began issuing orders. After several moments of bargaining, all magic fades from the circle, and Aritain's skin appears as though made of cracked earth. Looking in the mirror and grimacing, Ari suppressed the sign with a thought.

Note: All totems, favored ally, Favored trait, and binding General Hessant for 6 days. DC 16, 26 for capstone.
[roll0]

Yay capstone!

As he walked towards the Central Barracks, Ari couldn't help but chuckle inwardly. <I suppose if they knew that I'd told the Conclave they would imprison me... Geez, interesting way to start this, I suppose. Already a criminal - well, by legal definition if not action - and it's barely morning!>

Smiling jauntily at the guards and flashing the paper, "I believe you are expecting me...?" At the guards' gruff nods, Ari continues walking into the barracks, eager to find out what the Governor-General himself wanted to say.

Dragonus45
2014-04-01, 01:30 PM
As Abbot slowly paced upward towards central he swore he could feel the moment he passed from being under the wall to into it proper. He knew that there was no real way to tell that and he only knew roughly where the divide was from years of living right at its foundations but sometimes he still felt like he was leaving something behind when he passed above the ground. Still the safety of the stone walls surrounded him giving him a measure of peace to counter is nervous jitters at being called to central under such odd circumstances.

As he neared the the gates simply produced his letter, nodding to the guards respectfully as they looked it over and passed them with a simple and polite smile.