PDA

View Full Version : The Fallen Paladin's Club

Beelzebub1111
2007-02-04, 01:13 AM
Okay, what would happen if Miko met all the other fallen Paladin Archetypes?

Former Paladin of Bahaumaut: I defended a wounded red dragon from a Silver dragon because I refused to harm a defenseless creature. Now I'm a Chaotic Good Paladin of Freedom and servant of Io.

Miko: You defended a red dragon! You must DIE! *Slash slash slash*

FPoB: Blarg! I'm dead!

------------------

Blackguard: I was a paladin of Heironeous but my eyes became open to his destructive was and saw that he was no less destructive than his brother. and I prefer a god that's honest about his bloodthirsty nature.

Miko: Heathen! One must never abandon their gods! *Slash Slash Slash*

Blackguard: Curses! I too am dead!

------------------

Retired Veteran: I adventured for many years with a party and after years of friendship and hardship, I found that one of my party members, one of my closest friends, was evil. after much meditation I found that our friendship was more important than some silly class features and gave up my paladinhood to remain with my friend.

Miko: If he was evil then he was never your friend in the first place! And consorting with evil is as bad as being evil yourself! *Slash Slash Slash*

RV: Oh noes! I am dead as well!

Anybody have any more?

okpokalypse
2007-02-04, 01:21 AM
Well, how about in the Dragonlance universe - where the archetype "Fallen Paladin" was Lord Soth. Of course, the Paladin class there was replaced by the Knights of Solamnia (Specifically the Knights of the Rose).

Lord Soth may be one of the best characters in fantasy literature.

Anyhow, a meeting...

Miko: I oppose thee, fallen knight, creature of undeath, betrayer of Paladine.

Lord Soth: Die. [Power Word Kill]

Miko: *dies*

I tihnk it'd be about that quick ;). Soth was pretty bad-ass.

Wyborn
2007-02-04, 01:24 AM
Well....Arthas from Warcraft 3 is a fallen paladin, technically speaking.

Arthas: My soul was consumed by rage for my enemies, and I sought to destroy them at the cost of everything, down to my very humanity.

Miko: Fiend! Y-....actually that's a lot like me.

Arthas: Kill yourself.

Miko: Uh...okay *impales self*

Psychic powers FTW

Erathia
2007-02-04, 01:31 AM
Captain of the Guard: I was once a brave and valiant guardsman of the city. I protected its people from that which would corrupt them and remained a beacon in the darkness. Over time, I came to realise that the reason my people were suffering was because of the government I had sworn to protect, and broke my vows to oppose this system.

Miko: You should have had faith in your superiors no matter wha... y'know what. I'm gonna let this one slide.

Jewel Thief
2007-02-04, 01:51 AM
A male character who aspired to be a paladin that I played for awhile:

Lord Dorion Losgar: I worshipped a cryptic god of death for awhile and bathed in the carnage of my foes, but then after a night at a monastery recovering from battle wounds, I realized I could do the same and yet not be hunted for it if I became a paladin. Although I haven't been granted divine powers yet, I hunt down and kill heretics in the name of the gods for no pay.

Miko: Let's join forces against the Order of the Stick. I'll make them all pay in blood!

Dorion: You're my kind of woman.

TinSoldier
2007-02-04, 01:59 AM
Kore: "All evil, even potential evil, must be eradicated."
Miko: "You're my hero!"

The Extinguisher
2007-02-04, 02:12 AM
*hugs TinSoldier*
Hillarious

Anyway, A character I'm working on.

"I use to be a good and lawful paladin, the best you could ever find, until I just couldn't take it anymore, and snapped. I embraced evil and became a blackguard, only to lose it all after scarficing myself to save a freind."

Miko: "You can't do anything right, can you?" *Kills*

Wardog
2007-02-04, 05:43 AM
Well....Arthas from Warcraft 3 is a fallen paladin, technically speaking.

Arthas: My soul was consumed by rage for my enemies, and I sought to destroy them at the cost of everything, down to my very humanity.

Miko: Fiend! Y-....actually that's a lot like me.

Arthas: Kill yourself.

Miko: Uh...okay *impales self*

Psychic powers FTW

Followed by:

Arthas casts Animate Dead on Miko.

Khantalas
2007-02-04, 05:48 AM
Kore: "All evil, even potential evil, must be eradicated."
Miko: "You're my hero!"

I'll sig that. No permission asked. That's too cool to be private, rather than public.

Morbidian
2007-02-04, 07:52 AM
Aribeth de Tylmarande: I was once a powerful cleric and holy paladin of Tyr. I kept sending this low-level adventurer out to do insanely dangerous missions while I sat around in the same spot in the temple doing essentially nothing for twenty-four hours a day straight.

Miko: That's odd. Normally, I was the one getting sent out to do insanely dangerous missions...

Aribeth: But the adventurer kept coming back successfully. He kept finding out new evidence about a conspiracy and a cult...

Miko: A conspiracy! I knew it! It's Greenhilt! He must've been behind it all!

Aribeth: I know nothing of this 'Greenhilt.'

Miko: Trust me, he was behind it. I pity you, for you are naive and do not see the truth.

Aribeth: Naive. Perhaps...I have heard that word before. Anyway, there was another cleric who was being a sanctimonious, self-righteous complete jerk to me. He kept saying the conspiracy evidence was forged by the adventurer. It turns out there really was a conspiracy involving this jerk-cleric, which my lover Fenthick had been unwittingly involved in, naively and unknowingly participating in a plot to weaken the defenses of the city of Neverwinter.

Miko: Obviously he was tricked by Greenhilt as well! Yet if he was involved in the plot to weaken the city's defenses, he was a traitor and should have been executed!

Aribeth: Er...he was. Found guilty by the letter of the law of negligence and hanged.

Miko: Oh.

Aribeth: And that's why I eventually snapped, turned evil, and went to war against my former liege and the city I called home.

Miko: You...wait a minute, what?

Aribeth: I joined up with the very forces who were responsible for the plague which led to my lover's execution.

Miko: Uh...

Aribeth: Even though I actually didn't love him.

Miko: Huh?

Aribeth: I didn't actually love Fenthick. I thought I did, but I didn't really.

Miko: So you...umm...you know what? You're even more screwed up than I am. And I'd probably slash you to death for betraying your Lord and city, but I can't seem to move. There appears to be a large amount of ice coating me for some reason...

Aribeth: Yes. Welcome to Cania. I'm afraid you're stuck here with me until some adventurer comes along and thaws us out, hoping we'll have the answer to a riddle about some stupid Sleeping Man or something like that. With my luck, you'll be the one randomly chosen as the Sleeping Man's 'true love.'

Miko: Sleeping Man? What is this 'Sleeping Man' you speak of?

Aribeth: Well, he's a celestial of some sort. I should probably know what kind, but I'm only programmed to know the answer to one of the riddles involving him. All I know is he's green...

Miko: Green? Greenhilt??

Aribeth: ...and he's bald.

Miko: LIKE GREENHILT! He's even corrupted a celestial now! NOOOOOO!!!

Aribeth: Umm...are you sure I'm more screwed up than you are?

Khantalas
2007-02-04, 08:03 AM
It's Cania, not Caina, by the way.

Beelzebub1111
2007-02-04, 09:19 AM
That FPoB in the first post is one of my more recent characters by the way. My DM overlooked the requirements for Dragon Deciple and let me become one after that.

Morbidian
2007-02-04, 11:44 AM
It's Cania, not Caina, by the way.

Ah yes. Thank you. Sorry, I was running out the door to an appointment and was typing that up at full throttle to get it out before I forgot what I wanted to say. Didn't have time to proofread. It's fixed now.