PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back!

CyberThread
2014-03-31, 08:36 AM
You have been missed, there are a new set of dice, and cookies for you to enjoy in the corner.

Chester
2014-03-31, 08:39 AM
I was told there'd be punch and pie. :smallbiggrin:

CyberThread
2014-03-31, 08:42 AM
That was the Orc, they meant, punch and die.

Telonius
2014-03-31, 08:46 AM
I was told there'd be punch and pie. :smallbiggrin:

It's Monkday, I'm sure there will be plenty of punching soon enough. :smallbiggrin:

Snowbluff
2014-03-31, 08:55 AM
Hi. Good to see you're still being cyberthread. :smalltongue:

WrathMage
2014-03-31, 08:55 AM
Thank goodness you're back... Lurking elsewhere was starting to get me some funny looks...

Vhaidara
2014-03-31, 08:58 AM
I literally refreshed the page every half an hour yesterday because I thought the forums were supposed to be back up on Saturday. Finally, something to do during class!

Zanos
2014-03-31, 11:08 AM
The number of times I reflexively checked the forums during the downtime seems to indicate that I have a problem.

Blackfang108
2014-03-31, 11:29 AM
The number of times I reflexively checked the forums during the downtime seems to indicate that I have a problem.
I concur.

And they left the stupid character limit...

CyberThread
2014-03-31, 12:22 PM
I concur.

And they left the stupid character limit...

Good, having a limit to character, means you don't take 3 flaws for "rp purpose" feats.

Chester
2014-03-31, 01:09 PM

I thought I was the only one . . . :smalleek:

unseenmage
2014-03-31, 04:30 PM

What else am I supposed to do while Dwarf Fortress runs in the background and I'm waiting for Skyrim/Fallout to load?

FMArthur
2014-03-31, 04:35 PM
And now everyone has to update all their homebrew...

slaydemons
2014-03-31, 04:55 PM
And now everyone has to update all their homebrew... And then I remembered my half finished homebrew I never finished.

Snowbluff
2014-03-31, 05:22 PM
And then I remembered my half finished homebrew I never finished.

Ugh, I have a homebrew PrC to publish and a handbook to finish.

kkplx
2014-03-31, 05:30 PM
Happy to have you guys back =)

slaydemons
2014-03-31, 05:34 PM
Ugh, I have a homebrew PrC to publish and a handbook to finish.
I think I will save my home brew for later, good luck with your handbook

Immabozo
2014-03-31, 05:36 PM
It's Monkday, I'm sure there will be plenty of punching soon enough. :smallbiggrin:

You mean plenty of missing?

Welcome back everybody!

Sylthia
2014-03-31, 07:50 PM
You have been missed, there are a new set of dice, and cookies for you to enjoy in the corner.

Time to prepare Heroes' Feast.

Really hoping I'll be able to D&D again this weekend. It's been over a month, and I'm getting withdrawals.

CIDE
2014-03-31, 08:12 PM
This thread has immediately pointed out to me that there still isn't a 'like' button... Bummer.

NoACWarrior
2014-03-31, 08:18 PM
I thought we were supposed to just type we liked an idea instead of using a button to do so?

This isn't a social media site you know :P

Humble Master
2014-03-31, 08:40 PM
Welcome back. Going to try to be more active in the 3.5 forums, it's a great place for ideas, help and hilarity.

You mean plenty of missing?And perhaps lots of people MAD about the changes to the forums?

shaikujin
2014-03-31, 08:42 PM
I'm waiting to see how long it'll take for the firt moday thread to be created

Phelix-Mu
2014-03-31, 10:19 PM
Welcome back to y'all as well. It was a long week+ there. I got a surprisingly large amount of work done on my other projects (like my Exalted campaign, lol....well, "large" is a relative term).

Anyway, nice to have a chance to read, comment, and otherwise burn time again.:smallamused:

Slipperychicken
2014-03-31, 10:42 PM
Good to be back. I was starting to get used to ENworld and MinmaxBoards for a few days there :smallbiggrin:

Actually...

Oxford Dictionary (http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/social-media)

Websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking

Websters (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/social%20media)

: forms of electronic communication (as Web sites for social networking and microblogging) through which users create online communities to share information, ideas, personal messages, and other content (as videos)

Also, my IT professors tell me that forums are an example of social media.

I'm honestly not sure whether a "like" button would be beneficial, though. It might encourage people to use likes as a measure of consensus, turn discussions into popularity contests, or cause people to start posting entirely to generate likes rather than to present sincerely-held ideas or questions. Also, Cyberthread would probably gobble up most of the likes and make people jealous.

Immabozo
2014-03-31, 10:49 PM
Also, my IT professors tell me that forums are an example of social media.

I'm honestly not sure whether a "like" button would be beneficial, though. It might encourage people to use likes as a measure of consensus, turn discussions into popularity contests, or cause people to start posting entirely to generate likes rather than to present sincerely-held ideas or questions. Also, Cyberthread would probably gobble up most of the likes and make people jealous.

I Liked this post

Phelix-Mu
2014-03-31, 10:54 PM

RON PAUL 2016!

:smalltongue:

CyberThread
2014-03-31, 11:51 PM
Also, Cyberthread would probably gobble up most of the likes and make people jealous.

Am I likeable, folks seem to complain more then compliment myself.

NoACWarrior
2014-04-01, 12:21 AM
I Liked this post

I liked your like :D

But I don't think Cyber would get all the likes.

Maybe on the next upgrade we should form community guilds and gather likes that way.
But in all seriousness, like buttons aren't really needed here. Just reply and say "Epic campaign Dungeon Master" and call it a day.

Immabozo
2014-04-01, 12:51 AM
I liked your like :D

But I don't think Cyber would get all the likes.

Maybe on the next upgrade we should form community guilds and gather likes that way.
But in all seriousness, like buttons aren't really needed here. Just reply and say "Epic campaign Dungeon Master" and call it a day.

We should be able to earn temporary titles, like "most quoted" and "most siged", or "potato".

CyberThread
2014-04-01, 01:40 PM
CyberThread- Important Threads In Drag

Snowbluff
2014-04-01, 02:21 PM
I think I will save my home brew for later, good luck with your handbook
Thanks. It's been in the works for over a year, now. I really have to find time as the semester wraps up.

CyberThread- Important Threads In Drag

This is probably the best thing you ever written. It needs to be your avatar or at least your logo.

CIDE
2014-04-01, 03:47 PM
I thought we were supposed to just type we liked an idea instead of using a button to do so?

Not only am I lazy but that wastes space. Plus, there have been plenty of RP based forums (and other types of forums) that i've been to that included a "like" feature for individual posts.

The 'like' feature is part of a debate forum I participate in and it doesn't do anything to encourage a side of doing well. It's used in a manner more in line with applause from a crowd that may or may not be for the person you're against in some cases.

Then again we already know that appealing to authority is a pretty nasty fallacy anyway.

RON PAUL 2016!

:smalltongue:

We should be able to earn temporary titles, like "most quoted" and "most siged", or "potato".

'Like'

Grod_The_Giant
2014-04-01, 04:34 PM
And now everyone has to update all their homebrew...
Oh god, don't remind me. I've got like 20 class tables that need fixed, and there's no convenient find-and-replace trick anymore...

CyberThread
2014-04-01, 06:53 PM
Oh god, don't remind me. I've got like 20 class tables that need fixed, and there's no convenient find-and-replace trick anymore...

Open up word my boy, click and drag, and then click and drag your new solution.

iceman10058
2014-04-01, 10:23 PM

i did the same thing. i cried a little every time it wasn't back up. so these are chessex dice correct?

Slipperychicken
2014-04-01, 11:46 PM
The 'like' feature is part of a debate forum I participate in and it doesn't do anything to encourage a side of doing well. It's used in a manner more in line with applause from a crowd that may or may not be for the person you're against in some cases.

Then again we already know that appealing to authority is a pretty nasty fallacy anyway.

What does authority have to do with it?

Grod_The_Giant
2014-04-01, 11:46 PM
Open up word my boy, click and drag, and then click and drag your new solution.
That's the manual, cell-by-cell tedium that I'd have loved to avoid. It used to be that you could make a table in Word or whatnot, cut-and-paste it into and out of Notepad, then replace all tabs with |'s and be ready to post. That was, like, 30 seconds. Now it'll take twice long that to make a single line. :smallfurious:

Still, I am glad the forum is back. It went down right as I went home for spring break-- talk about bad timing.

CyberThread
2014-04-02, 12:44 AM
What does authority have to do with it?

peer pressure, doing stunts to get likes; and approval from the crowd. Similar to reddit karma ..... sexual derogatory word *