PDA

View Full Version : Player Help So Long of a break....so many questions

GutterFace
2014-03-31, 08:38 AM
Well it's good to be back...but that means questions!

here is what i have gathered up in the past week that our players were asking at the table.

a)if your a Master of Shrouds (on a cleric build), and you have augmented summoning, since Undead don't have a Con score... can you give them a boost to a non-existent Con?

b) Maho-Bujin from the ever great Oriental Adventures....so a player could theoretically take this at lets say level 2 with a good back story, right?
but....it looks...interesting for a PC who wants to be evil and for a low OP game....I cant find much on the shadowlands subtype though unless someone can lend a hand.

c) Thunder Guide....has anyone seen or heard of a handbook or a build idea for this Prc? any suggestions for a starting class?

thanks!

GutterFace
2014-03-31, 03:08 PM
Removing the question for Maho Bujin.....it's just silly

tuesdayscoming
2014-03-31, 03:52 PM
As to your first question:

A Con score of - is not the same as one of 0. 0+4 = 3, while -+4 = -

No, you cannot boost the con score of a con - creature without first giving it an actual con.

TiaC
2014-03-31, 04:35 PM
0+4 = 3

4 actually.

Thunder Guide is weird and not all that impressive. I don't know what you'd do with it.

Piggy Knowles
2014-03-31, 04:54 PM
Augment Summoning is a particularly frustrating requirement for a Master of Shrouds, as her most common summoned creatures will lack not only a Con score, but also a Strength score. It's pretty useless to you, unless you also plan on doing some standard summoning beyond your Summon Undead class feature.

tuesdayscoming
2014-03-31, 05:38 PM
4 actually.

Thunder Guide is weird and not all that impressive. I don't know what you'd do with it.

Lol, quite right. My bad.

Urpriest
2014-03-31, 08:05 PM
Thunder Guide is awesome. It's the only class that gives you a right to give paid lectures, after all.