PDA

View Full Version : Miko Joining with Xykon?

EBass
2007-02-04, 05:15 AM
Well we all know how Miko is completely and utterly convinced of her own righteousness, its been said many times. We can also see how Miko will "Ignore all possibilites to arrive at a conclusion supporting of her present emotional state" (rough quote). She will seek revenge as she has on the Order Of the Stick for reasons only she can fathom.

Its obvious her being a Paladin means a huge amount to her and it's quite possible in her dementia she believes her diety is wrong in taking her powers from her. Could she seek revenge on her God for this act? I'd say it was possible, but how do you harm a god? ............... ah........ the Snarl.

I think you see where I'm going. A touch far fetched, but I'd say plausible in her crazed state.

Green Bean
2007-02-04, 05:21 AM
I really don't think so.

She hated the OotS because they worked for Xykon. She'd have to take a couple more points of sanity damage to work for him as anything other than a zombie.

EBass
2007-02-04, 05:28 AM
I don't think she'd work with Xykon for Xykon, merely try to use him as a tool to further her aims. Though I think Xykon would be far too savvy to be taken in by it, her sanity is obviously well on the slide, I can see her doing just about anything right now.

Mr Wizard
2007-02-04, 05:34 AM
I think joining the Linear Guild is more likely.

Miko: Wants to kill the OotS for revenge, wants to fight off Xykon to protect the city.

Linear Guild: Wants to kill the OotS for revenge, wants to fight Xykon to take gate for selves.

They mesh quite well. I think Nale is devious enough (and has the charisma) to lie to a confused young woman to get what he wants, and he has done so once before. The only real x-factor is Sabine, while around she may need to hide her outsider nature. It may come to pass that Miko becomes extremely delusional and becomes any evil alignment, allowing Sabine (or one of her devilish/demonic pals) to make her an offer of becoming a blackguard. However, I think it will take a lot to make Miko anything "eviller" than Chaotic Good. The good thing about hanging with the Linear Guild is that there is still a possibility that she can attone, by a last minute betrayal of Nale and the Linear Guild before Nale can take power for himself. There are lots of possibilities with a Miko-Nale mix, and I hope that it comes to pass.

EBass
2007-02-04, 05:44 AM
We've seen it many times in other media before (as I've posted earlier) when we see "good" characters so convinced of their own rightousness that they follow an evil path and by the time they've realised it's too late for them (think Anakin/Darth Vader)

Jawajoey
2007-02-04, 05:56 AM
I doubt Miko would ever join Xykon.

First, she's not evil yet. She's fallen, and she has done evil acts, but she isn't evil yet.

Second, even if she was technically evil, from her perspective she is still working for the forces of good. And from her perspective, Xykon is still evil. He's an undead lich, he's planning on destroying her patron city, she's personally called him a vile unnatural abomination. Xykon's not too fond of her either. Redcloak certainly has disdain for her.

What reason could there possibly be for her to want to join Xykon? Killing the OOTS? Xykon doesn't even give a crap about them. They're just an annoyance that screwed up his plans once before. Why would Miko ally herself with evil just to defeat another perceived evil? Why would Miko ally herself with ANYONE at this point?

Remember, the main reason that she thinks the OOTS to be evil is because of their "association" with Xykon. They thought they killed him, and when she found out they didn't, she assumed that it was because they were in league. That upset her because A) It means they lied, and B) Xykon is evil. She's mad at OOTS because they're associated with evil, and "lied" about defeating it.

Why would she ever want to associate herself with that very evil?

Miko joining with the Linear Guild is very conceivable. But Xykon makes no sense whatsoever.

Fallen != evil != Xykon

Doglord
2007-02-04, 06:04 AM
I always thought she might become a blackguard and get killed by Belkar, proving the oracle right...

Mr Wizard
2007-02-04, 06:11 AM
'Nother point for M+N alliance

Also I don't think the Linear Guild has met Miko yet, meaning that Nale can act knowing that anything the OotS says against him are lies to Miko. Also, they are both being put in prison together (or just adjacent cells), meaning they will have plenty of time to talk...

BrokenButterfly
2007-02-04, 10:30 AM
If Miko felt that the best way to be rid of the corruption of Shojo's law courts was to start again from scratch, then perhaps she would aid Xykon in the destructino of Azure City. If Xykon phrased it in such a manner to her.

But I also think that the Linear Guild/Miko alliance is probably more likely, if her vengeance overtakes the preservation of AC, and she has reallllly fallen...

Lial Swiftlight
2007-02-04, 10:36 AM
Another point for a Miko/Linear Guild alliance: She fits their "evil opposite" theme as Belkar's opposite quite nicely.

BrokenButterfly
2007-02-04, 11:08 AM
Well the Belkar evil opposite gets killed rather quickly each time, so maybe not...Plus I feel that the doppelganger theme was abandoned pretty quickly by the LG anyway.