PDA

View Full Version : To Defend Hell... or Destroy it (IC)

Zaydos
2014-03-31, 02:14 PM
Location: Dis the Iron City (2nd Layer of Hell) - Tower of False Coins

The room is massive, strange sigils line the floor, walls, and ceiling, glowing with fell power. A massive table of black iron sits in the middle of the room, sized for giants not men. At the head of the table stands Stolas, a blue steel goblet in his hand. "As you all know his immaculate loftiness Moloch lord of the deepest pits of scarred and broken Nessus has called you all here to investigate the problem of the group we are currently calling the Interlopers." He pauses, glancing at Seine and Ranaian, "You both may remember them, the cranium rats on Gehenna, and that tiger-fiend Zazvyl, were both part of this organization. Due to your showings during your previous dealings with this organization Moloch believes you are well suited to infiltrating one of their bases that we have found. For that purpose we have, he pauses awkwardly, "erm Guaahh here who we found escaping from the base we were observing. His knowledge from acting within it should prove quite useful. This of course brings us to the last member of our group. Renee here has come to our attention and we believe her unique talents could be of use. For this task information is of paramount importance, while a disruption of their operations, including the destruction of their base or assassination of important personnel, is appreciated it is more important you get back out with the information. We believe they are experimentally creating war creatures, these creatures were used by the tiger-fiend Zazvyl during the Great Turning, I believe Ranaian and Seine will remember them. We would like live specimens retrieved, preferably a potential breeding stock." The devil waves his hands wide, still holding his goblet, "Now I'm sure you'll all have questions as to the nature of the job, so please go ahead and ask."

Moloch has requested you keep a close eye on Renee, believing she is harboring something destructive. And yes, you are the briefing monkey's boss.

Ziggynessmax
2014-03-31, 10:27 PM
Guaahh walks across the table up to Stolas. "So you want us to go into the base, where I was tortured, to capture a few horny beasts?" The gnome points his greatly over-sized club at the devil. "You want me to go back there and not kill every living thing in sight because it would risk your precious information?" He lowers his club. "What's in it for me?"

Zaydos
2014-03-31, 10:40 PM
Stolas's cheeks turn upwards in what might be a grin if he had lips, and his emerald eyes seem to brighten. "Simply put: revenge. Kill half of the personnel in the base and you've slapped their wrist. Bring us intel on them and you may find their true desires and see to it that they do not place their hands on it. Besides that you will have the personal gratitude of the Lord of the Lowest Pit, and it is always a benefit to have friends in low places. Or is there something more material you desire?"

Ziggynessmax
2014-04-01, 08:40 AM
Guaahh scratches his head. "Material? No. I just have a general bloodlust for those bastards." He walks away from Stolas. "Calculated revenge hmmm. As long as they all end up dead by the end I will be satisfied. If on top of that I make friends in low places, then all the better."Guaahh sits down on the table for a better view of the group.

Zaydos
2014-04-13, 07:42 PM
Stolas waits several moments, looking expectantly at those gathered there. Finally he says, "Well then, thanks to our associate here," he gestures briefly at Guaahh, "We know the location of a portal to the layer from the Plane of Infinite Portals, it is marked, as much as possible, on this map," a parchment of paper appears in his hand and he gives it to Ranaian. "We believe the portal will likely be guarded, spies report spotting a colossal creature guarding it, although what abilities this beast has we have almost no information on. A marraenoloth has been contracted to take you from a meeting point on Oinos through Carceri and to an outlet of the Styx on the Plane of Infinite Portals which is as close as we can get you to the portal without alerting the tanar'ri forces to your presence, though we suspect that they will still be aware the moment certain of you enter the plane. Once you have entered the Abyss you will be beyond our capability of delivering aid. You are to meet with the marraenoloth in the Sunny Day inn and tavern in the village of Gloomspun on Oinos tomorrow during the 14th hour. As before you may ask any questions you have, and once you are done you may leave."

Plane of Infinite Portals: 1st layer of the Abyss.
Marraenoloth: River man daemon (NE, yugoloth); ferries people across the River Styx
Oinos: First layer of the Gray Wastes/Hades.
Carceri: One of the unimportant Lower Planes.
Styx: River that crosses across all of the Lower Planes.

Ziggynessmax
2014-04-14, 08:15 AM
Guaahh raises his hand."Just one question: What does the colossal guard look like?"

Zaydos
2014-04-14, 11:53 AM
"From our spies' reports it is a towering creature humanoid in shape. One guess is a massive goristro, but the reports fail to mention a bull-like head; whether this is because there is no such head or simply an absence in the reports is unknown."

Goristro: Massive minotaur-like demons, artificially bred by powerful balors and demon princes as siege weapons.