PDA

View Full Version : Prestige class for a fire domain wizard

_felagund
2014-03-31, 02:50 PM
hey guys,

i'm looking for convenient pr.classes for my fire domain wizard (http://dndtools.eu/classes/domain-wizard/).

any ideas?

Krobar
2014-03-31, 05:59 PM
Elemental Savant. At the end of the 10 levels he'll become a fire elemental with spellcasting.

I played this exact character once. It was a good time when he got there...

NoACWarrior
2014-03-31, 07:58 PM
Elemental Savant. At the end of the 10 levels he'll become a fire elemental with spellcasting.

I played this exact character once. It was a good time when he got there...

I second this.

Humble Master
2014-03-31, 08:46 PM

I played this exact character once. It was a good time when he got there...Definitely something that came to mind for me.

If you don't mind some Tome of Battle Jade Pheonix Mage has some goodies. Firebird Stance give you +3 to the caster level of your fire spells and you can Empower and Quicken spells for free once per encounter if you hit with a martial strike.

Werephilosopher
2014-03-31, 09:33 PM
If you don't mind some Tome of Battle Jade Pheonix Mage has some goodies. Firebird Stance give you +3 to the caster level of your fire spells and you can Empower and Quicken spells for free once per encounter if you hit with a martial strike.

This. JPMFTW!

Also, random bit of advice, be sure to get Searing Spell (Sandstorm) so you can laugh in the face of so-called "fire-immune" creatures.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-03-31, 09:41 PM
Incantatrix (PGtF) if you want to apply metamagic to your spells.
Elemental Savant (CA) if you want to become a fire elemental.
Paragnostic Apostle (CC) is good for a few levels, or for finishing out a build.

Definitely get the Searing Spell metamagic feat in Sandstorm, which allows your spells to bypass fire resistance and even partially ignore fire immunity.

NoACWarrior
2014-04-01, 04:22 AM
Ah Searing Spell, how you are loved.

Also if you can manage pick up fiery spell or blistering spell (not that great I know, but hey, 1 damage is 1 dice larger).

At higher levels pick up energy sub and energy admixture - subing out your fire spells for fire and then doing double the fire damage (probably DM banned, but works by raw).

Socksy
2014-04-01, 06:41 AM
Ah Searing Spell, how you are loved.

Also if you can manage pick up fiery spell or blistering spell (not that great I know, but hey, 1 damage is 1 dice larger).

At higher levels pick up energy sub and energy admixture - subing out your fire spells for fire and then doing double the fire damage (probably DM banned, but works by raw).

Or to replace your fire spells with something which isn't fire against enemies who know you're a pyromancer.

If you're an Elan, a Maenad, or some other creature with power points, you could always dip into Pyrokineticist.