PDA

View Full Version : Nations of a Broken World IC

drack
2014-03-31, 05:26 PM
ALL: I think I'm gonna make a conscious decision at this point to have the vast majority of actions public, from troop movements to supply routs. You may keep economic/militia numbers private and PM me stuff, but we'll use the IC thread for the most part since I'm taking a break from kicking out players that read posts spoilered for another.

someone else

Like that. :smalltongue:

Jormengand:
The water was cold, and you could have sworn in the fury of it all that the ship was shattered by that lightening strike as surely as were it dashed against rocks... only it wasn't dashed across rocks, it was in the middle of the god damned ocean, and you had lost count of how many times you died before land was even in sight. Your hands grasp the wet sands, and the waves sweep by as if trying to pull you back into those darkened depths, as if to tell you that even here on land you aren't safe from it's watery embrace.

Mabn: The sun is warm today, warm enough that the fields glow as the fires of dragonbreath might, with all the radiance of the sun. Below your people toil in the fields harboring crops and gathering what little wood can be found in the rolling planes.

Mabn
2014-04-03, 08:02 PM
Glash worried a bit about encountering a wood shortage. Her people were trying to build a defense force from scratch, and wood was more practical than metal, but their supply would quickly run bare. She could organize a forestry project to plant some quick growing stand in the interior areas that weren't as likely to get damaged by warbands, but what could she hold off on? The watchtower system? The equipping efforts themselves? She would have to ask if any of the farmers thought they could make a go as arborists. It's not like they had anywhere to export their spare food anyway...

Jormengand
2014-04-04, 02:37 PM
If a hunter falls on the beach, and there's no-one to hear it, does it make a sound?

It moves up out of the water, its mask hiding a scowl. It walks forth to find the nearest settlement.

Then it stops, and considers one of its weapons. It smiles, and then it disappears.

Tonight, it hunts.

drack
2014-04-05, 08:03 AM
Glash: The farmers seem offset by this strange notion. "Why would we want to do that? Trees take tens of years to grow, and my wheat will be fit to harvest for the season."

Hunter: As you think the water continues to lap at your heels.

Jormengand
2014-04-05, 02:10 PM
The Hunter gets up out of the water, looks around, and tries to work out where in the world it is.

Once it knows that, it knows who's around to kill.

Mabn
2014-04-05, 02:19 PM
Foan reconsidered her plan. This nation was new, arguably not even yet a nation. Asking some of her people to put their trust and livelihoods into its persistence was unfair. Instead she began to ask all her citizens to plant a few trees each year as a sign of hope.

drack
2014-04-05, 02:26 PM
The Hunter is relatively certain he's upon one of the shattered islands, though it's hard to tell without exploring about a bit.

Foan: The villagers still seem unsure. After all it's just as simple to move the loggers as to plant trees if not easier. Teh world is vast with supposedly infinite trees in it. Why plant more?

Mabn
2014-04-05, 03:25 PM
Foan realized she was ill suited to implement this policy. She suggested that their woodsmen would have to leave the area in the short-to-mid term anyway, because any trees that were planted needed time to grow. The reason to plant those trees was that axmen would need to leave with the woodmen to protect them and if they had to travel too far it would be impossible to feed or supply them and people at home would be more vulnerable with many of the warriors away.

On her own she started searching for a decent expert willing to work with a flexible payment plan who actually knew how and why to put more trees in.

Jormengand
2014-04-05, 05:21 PM
Those with keen eyes might see The Hunter for another moment, before it disappears from sight, moving off to explore the island.

Take 20 on everything to look around the island.

drack
2014-04-19, 02:40 PM
Well, I can't really see this game workinng out with just one nation, so afraid I'm gonna have to close it. =(

Mabn
2014-04-19, 08:48 PM
sadness...:smallsigh:

drack
2014-04-20, 02:48 PM
Yup, I was quite interested to see how this worked out...