PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Golem Magic Immunity Clarification

Morof Stonehands
2014-03-31, 08:06 PM
The entry for golems in the Monster Manual say that they are immune to spells that allow spell resistance. Just so I am sure, even spells that have Spell Resistance: Yes (object), will be negated by this immunity?

Urpriest
2014-03-31, 08:31 PM
Yes, though most such spells will not apply as Golems are not objects.

Morof Stonehands
2014-03-31, 08:51 PM
That's a bummer. I was hoping it was a no. A spell from Dragonlance makes all manufactured and natural weapons in the burst deal non-lethal for it's duration, but has that spell resistance line. Since my party and I are undead, I was hoping this would be a sweet way of making us unkillable to the golem. Oh well. Thanks for the answer!

Flickerdart
2014-03-31, 08:51 PM
Unless I'm forgetting some obscure things, the only creatures that care about the (object) tag are Undead in regard to Fortitude saves. This is because such saves are usually made against biological functions that undead lack; ones that affect objects (like disintegrate) are the only ones that directly destroy matter. Golems are immune to spells not because of their creature type but because of a special ability that blocks all spells, so even if the spell can affect objects, golems don't care.