PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Making an Artificer Spellbook

Bugworlds
2014-03-31, 09:24 PM
An Artificer is able to make scrolls rather easily, and I'm planning on bunkering down at a library for as long as my party will allow me. Needless to say, there will be many scrolls made. Upon looking up a list of all spells I was overwhelmed. Upon looking at all level 1 and cantrips, I was also overwhelmed. Upon looking at PHB level 1 spells only I found it a bit more consumable and took note of those which I was interested in and hopefully will get a chance to do the same for level 2, 3, etc; but that will take way too long and I doubt I'll get opportunity to create as many scrolls as I'd like.

I'm going to be preparing some scrolls for attacks, defence, abilities (in particular Int and Cha), skills (in particular craft, knowledge, spellcraft, and UMD), and some utilities.

In the library I'll have a UMD modifier of +12, at least. To emulate any spell there is a UMD DC 20 + spell level (..I'll need to get a higher modifier...). Because of that I'll be focusing on low level spells for now, but suggestions for the later game would be loved as well.
Edit: Around UMD Mod around 15-18 now

There is an undead.. something.. in the party. The DM's running the character and we haven't been able to figure it out yet; and the character won't tell us. There's also an elvish ranger. Anything which may assist them would be useful although my character isn't in the greatest standing with them and may not want to grant favours depending on when asked.

Any suggestions for spells I should be looking into? Any fun combinations of spells? I hear stone flesh, stone to mud, purify water is a fun combination...

Artificer details: http://dndtools.eu/classes/artificer/
Ctrl + F, search for 'Item Creation (Ex):' for details how an Artificer can make scrolls and other magic-y stuff.