PDA

View Full Version : Marathon- Bungie's Legacy

Jacob_Gallagher
2007-02-04, 11:18 AM
Well, I for one loved the original Marathon games, but somewhere along the line I lost my cds. However, I recently found that Bungie has allowed the games to be downloaded for free (which is smart, because its not like they're making any more money off of it). I know this is old news, but there's a lot of people who were never able to play this game. Link:
http://trilogyrelease.bungie.org/

To install on Windows, I downloaded the package of the game I wanted at the bottom, and then the AlephOne from a link in the readme. I moved all the AlephOne files into the Marathon files, and voila! It works! Now, since it isn't normally set to fullscreen, the screen is only about a quarter of my screen, but you can make it fullscreen- and the best part is that it works perfectly on Windows. For a Mac, Marathon is state-of-the art modern Mac gaming technology, so you shouldn't have any issues.

Ah well, time to beat Ain't Got Time Pfhor This again...
Unpfhorgiven...
Eupfhoria...
Pfhor Your Eyes Only...

I love Bungie's level names :smallbiggrin:

rabish12
2007-02-04, 03:19 PM
Ooh, Marathon! I love these games!

Poison_Fish
2007-02-04, 06:08 PM
Ah, I still have all of them. Loved them so much. I also loved messing with the game in Anvil and Forge, which was released with Marathon: Infinity.

Beleriphon
2007-02-05, 03:28 AM
Appearently I'm stupid or something but there are not executables for me to actually run the games. So how do I run the games?