PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow warsnake++

Seer_of_Heart
2014-03-31, 10:24 PM
I was thinking of ways to get expanded spell access and the warmage and then I thought of a build. I'm looking for any places in which my build is illegal and ideas for feats to take/other improvements. The assumptions I have are arcane disciple is good enough for dweomerkeeper qualification, rainbow servant is 10/10, prestige bard/paladin/ranger gives you all bard etc spells at first level, the capstone of rainbow servant let's you count as a divine casting class, and the child of eberron archetype adds druid spells to your arcane spells known for any classes (and a dwk kobold can take the archetypes). Are any of my assumptions majorly wrong?

The build outline is Warmage(or other full list caster) 1/rainbow servant 10/prestige bard 1/sacred exorcist 1/prestige paladin 1/dweomerkeeper 4/war weaver 2 with a major bloodline or two to help out war weaver. If I'm right you get 9ths all bard spells, all cleric spells, all druid spells, all paladin spells, and all warmage spells. Optionally you could pick up ranger spells by dropping either war weaver or dweomerkeeper. You can also get sorc/wizard unique spells via Dragonblood Spell-pact and swapping out useless spells from other lists.

Doc_Maynot
2014-03-31, 10:35 PM
I have to mention Eldritch Master from Dragon Magazine 280.
At level four they get access to any class' spell list.
CL stacks, and one can couple
Spells Known: These are bonus arcane spells known to the character, gained as a sorcerer gains new known spells. These are not bonus spells added to the total number that the character may cast. The character must already be cast spells as a sorcerer to benefit from these extra spells known (such as a sorcerer or bard). A character cannot benefit from bonus spells known if he cannot cast spells of that level.
with
Adding Spells to a Sorcerer’s or Bard’s Repertoire
A sorcerer or bard gains spells each time he attains a new level in his class and never gains spells any other way. When your sorcerer or bard gains a new level, consult Table: The Bard or Table: Sorcerer Spells Known to learn how many spells from the appropriate spell list he now knows. With permission, sorcerers and bards can also select the spells they gain from new and unusual spells that they have gained some understanding of.
for some interesting results. Other than that, a metamagic feat, at will detect magic and,
"The eldritch master gains the ability to cast a spell one level higher than his current highest level spell once per day. The Master also gains a spell of that level if he does not already know any spells of that level." are your only big items.

Rethmar
2014-04-01, 12:03 AM
I probably could have read this better, but what trick are you using to get into Rainbow Servant at level 2?

Doc_Maynot
2014-04-01, 12:42 AM
Probably a mix of Versatile Spellcaster and Heighten Spell, plus Sanctum Spell

Inevitability
2014-04-01, 01:37 AM
I don't think arcane disciple lets you cast divine spells, since it only adds some spells to your class list.

Southern magican would probably work, though.

Seer_of_Heart
2014-04-01, 04:38 AM
I don't think arcane disciple lets you cast divine spells, since it only adds some spells to your class

My bad, I meant for magic domain access. Rainbow servant already gives me the ability to cast divine spells.

sleepyphoenixx
2014-04-01, 06:29 AM
You can't take both Prestige Paladin and Prestige Bard because of alignment conflicts. DWK being true dragons is pretty questionable but i assume you're aware of that.
Even with flaws allowed you won't get into Rainbow Servant at 2nd and still be able to take DWK since you need 4 feats at first level for early entry + DWK.
Since you're taking Sacred Exorcist i assume you're planning to get DMM. You don't have enough feats for DMM:Persist though unless you're allowed to retrain your early entry feats.

Skill requirements are also a problem since you won't be able to get into Prestige Bard until level 17 unless you can get perform as a class skill (which usually takes a feat and you're already short on those).
The same applies to Sacred Exorcist and knowledge(religion) unless you have enough INT to get it up to 7 on your single Prestige Bard level.
Even then skills will be very tight on a Warmages 2+int/level.

Taelas
2014-04-01, 07:20 AM
Your build is entirely illegal. You do not qualify for Prestige Paladin; you cannot cast protection from evil as a divine spell (since it is on the Sorc/Wiz spell list, it is cast as an arcane spell through the Rainbow Servant capstone). Even if you did, you would not actually get any spells, as you have no divine spellcaster levels, which is what Prestige Paladin increases.

Prestige Bard also conflicts with Prestige Paladin. This is not technically illegal, however, but keep it in mind regardless.

Finally, no, being a dragonwrought kobold does not allow you to take Dragon archetypes. Dragonwrought kobolds are not dragons: they have the dragon type, but that is not enough to be a true dragon. All true dragons gain abilities and greater power as they age: dragonwrought kobolds do not. Kobolds do have 'age categories' that are modeled on those of true dragons, but that combined with the dragon type is not enough to be a true dragon either. The idea has been humored for long enough. Putting a playing card in the spokes of a bike wheel does not transform the bike into a motorcycle, regardless of how it may sound similar to one at first.

Crake
2014-04-01, 07:21 AM
Even with flaws allowed you won't get into Rainbow Servant at 2nd and still be able to take DWK since you need 4 feats at first level for early entry + DWK.

Couldnt you just take snowcasting and sanctum spell? That would give +2 spell level to a 1st level spell, meeting the pre-reqs with just 2 feats, leaving the last feat over for DWK?

sleepyphoenixx
2014-04-01, 07:43 AM
Couldnt you just take snowcasting and sanctum spell? That would give +2 spell level to a 1st level spell, meeting the pre-reqs with just 2 feats, leaving the last feat over for DWK?

I didn't think of that one. It's not any more cheesy than Versatile Spellcaster + Heighten so i see no reason why one wouldn't work if the other is allowed.

Story
2014-04-01, 09:46 AM
The assumptions I have are arcane disciple is good enough for dweomerkeeper qualification, rainbow servant is 10/10, prestige bard/paladin/ranger gives you all bard etc spells at first level, the capstone of rainbow servant let's you count as a divine casting class, and the child of eberron archetype adds druid spells to your arcane spells known for any classes (and a dwk kobold can take the archetypes). Are any of my assumptions majorly wrong?

I don't think "divine casting class" is a defined game term, so it's a bit unclear by RAW. But Rainbow Servant doesn't change the class, it simply lets you cast some extra spells as divine spells. So if it were me, I'd rule no.

Seer_of_Heart
2014-04-01, 11:01 AM
Your build is entirely illegal. You do not qualify for Prestige Paladin; you cannot cast protection from evil as a divine spell (since it is on the Sorc/Wiz spell list, it is cast as an arcane spell through the Rainbow Servant capstone). Even if you did, you would not actually get any spells, as you have no divine spellcaster levels, which is what Prestige Paladin increases.

Alternate source spell. There also is no definition of divine spellcaster on the wotc glossary, a reasonable interpretation of divine spellcasting class would be a class that can cast divine spells which the warmage can via rainbow servant. However it is true that it is undefined and therefore unclear.

Prestige Bard also conflicts with Prestige Paladin. This is not technically illegal, however, but keep it in mind reabilities

Got it.

Finally, no, being a dragonwrought kobold does not allow you to take Dragon archetypes. Dragonwrought kobolds are not dragons: they have the dragon type, but that is not enough to be a true dragon. All true dragons gain abilities and greater power as they age: dragonwrought kobolds do not. Kobolds do have 'age categories' that are modeled on those of true dragons, but that combined with the dragon type is not enough to be a true dragon either. The idea has been humored for long enough. Putting a playing card in the spokes of a bike wheel does not transform the bike into a motorcycle, regardless of how it may sound similar to one at first.

Dragonwrought kobolds do gain greater abilities/power as they age so that claim is false, they gain extra stats and if you're saying that's not greater power/abilities then ok free stat increases are ok in your games. Skimming dragons of eberron the archetypes do not even require you to be a true dragon it is only implied.

In terms of feat concerns DCS gets around higher level problems and snow casting + sanctum spell is 1 possible way of early qualification.

Sorry for any weird issues in this comment my phone does not like the new forum.

Chronos
2014-04-01, 11:56 AM
Alternate Source Spell won't help you qualify for casting divine spells, because it has that requirement itself. You need Southern Magician instead.

Doc_Maynot
2014-04-01, 11:59 AM
Actually, Alternative Source Spell just says "Prerequisite: Ability to cast both divine and arcane spells." which the capstone of rainbow servant qualifies you for.