PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Come With Me Now! (IC)

herodofcows
2014-03-31, 10:33 PM
"Hey! Come with me now! We have to save the universe from itself!"

Clasping you by the arm, the one-eyed orc throws you into what feels like an ice cold bath of dementia. You tumble uncontrollably through a maelstrom of flashing images and shapes and sounds. A giant tentacled beast screeches as you fly by, and the head of some burning Titan giggles at you. You see a lone deva walking on a dusty plain, and an enormous red-haired woman lounging in a bar full of corpses. A man in chains mumbles scripture to himself while a furious shrouded presence swears revenge over a quiet farm. A halfling busily gets ready for a date and a shifter grimly fires an arrow from the heights of a temple to Kord. A roiling mass of meat rushes at you, and a gaunt human laughs and laughs and laughs . . .

And then, as abruptly as you started, you land.

On a plush chair.

Around a circular table well-stocked with dainty things and impeccably set, as though by one who had the highest of fine dining training and had arranged everything to the best of their ability.

In a tearoom that is infinite in size and plush pinkness alike. It is festooned with doilies, paintings of adorable country landscapes, and various ceramic, metallic, and wooden ornaments that can only be described as kitschy. The most devotedly foppish eladrin that Fiero could produce would look upon this room, snort skeptically, and mutter that it was a bit much.

Around the table, you find your new companions. They are a varied and strange lot, and you all stare at each other with the briefest of nonplussed expressions. Before more than a second can pass, the one-eyed orc pops into an empty seat, now dressed in an elegant sea-green gown. He proceeds to pull up a pot of jam and enthusiastically spread it over a roll.

"Ah, now that's infinitely better! Right, now I'm sure you're all very curious about what's going on, but I unfortunately have to hold off on specifics until I know that you're the right ones to solve this impending cataclysm. The stakes, as they say, have never been higher. Oh! And do have a beefsteak sandwich while you're here, there's a good lad."

He claps and stands up, beaming around at you all.

"But, a brief introduction! I rejoice in the name of Mana Vice, but you may call me Manny! I have a big important title out there somewhere, but what you need to know right now is simple:

The Gods are about to die before their time, and they will take the whole universe with them, and you lot are the best and only chance we have to stop this."

He stands for a moment, lost in thought, single remaining eye out of focus, and then snaps back into reality.

"Now, introduce yourselves right-on-right-on, introduce yourselves right-on-right-on!"

shamgar001
2014-03-31, 11:15 PM
Jerimendithas Aramil Bartholomew Beauregard Oglecrop Romanel VII - Jabbor, Jems, or Jeremy to his friends - has already gotten over the shock of the journey and has begun to tuck in, grabbing one or two of everything from each of the serving dishes. The Eladrin quickly builds a small mountain of hors d'oeuvres, which immediately begins to shrink again. He addresses the Drow to his left between mouthfuls, occasionally handing a pastry to Whittaker, his owlbear. "Mmf ... pass another one of those tarts, will you good sir ... Omnom ... Impending cataclysm, eh? Hmch, gulp ... I guess if the deities have got themselves in a spot it would be bad form not to lend a hand ... Mm ... I say, this is some good scoff, wot?"

Ardurious
2014-04-01, 12:58 PM
Czern ea'Udal's eyes open slowly. He feels groggy. What sorcery... His thought trails off as he surveys the plush pinkness of the plane around him, ...has brought me to this vibrant hell-scape? A scowl creeps across his red lips. His gaze leaves the nightmarish landscape and turns to those seated about the table alongside him.

A dark elf and one of its Fey kin, a human, a halfman, and an Arkhosian sit in ornate chairs encircling the - admittedly impeccably-set - table. All appear to be unconscious, save for the Fey elf who is busy stuffing his face from the multitude of plates set upon the table. Czern scoffs.

His gaze eventually falls upon the Arkhosian once more. His eyes narrow and he reaches out towards the gestalt consciousness of the Turathi. A blade in the eye shall do for this filth. He prepares the image of a wicked curved dagger within his mind. His lips turn up in a vicious grin as he begins Shaping the weapon.

Only, nothing happens.

Czern blinks, taken aback. He tries again, grasping at the vast psychic field of his people, and once more fails to reach it. It is as if an invisible wall lies between him and the source of his psychic might. Asmodeus take you, what is wrong?!

He tries for several more minutes before resigning himself and slumping back in his chair. His silver eyes burn with hatred as he stares at the Arkhosian wench. With such intense and single-minded hatred does he stare, in fact, that he very nearly misses the large one-eyed orc standing beside the table.

"Who are you?" he tears his gaze away from the Arkhosian to stare at the beast. He ***** an eyebrow upon seeing the garish gown it wears, "And where in the Nine Hells are we?!"

Creed
2014-04-01, 02:35 PM
Allan Danforth looks about the room, his expression frozen in confusion and surprise. After a few moments, the man pulls himself together, scratching his chin.

"I am called Danforth. If you would, Mister... Vice, is it? Could you please tell me, well, er, us, why we're suppose to, you know, accept this whole... thing as, well, true?" he asks, looking at the others at the table with a little trepidation.

cavalieredraghi
2014-04-01, 02:50 PM
Sora just sits there staring at the Orc, who brought her here. How dare he touch her, how dare he think they were equals, or her better, and Lad. He dare Call her a LAD! she just flies off the handle at that. dull oth, wux bevi clax ve mrith ekik sia yenta zyak. wux geou xikin ihk batobot. ghent shio si mi ti sthyr!

Dull tooth, you dare take me with out my say so. you will pay for that. After all i am not man.
She was so angry she did not even realize she spoke in Draconic. but when she cooled down, enough. she sees the fey creature infront of her, staring her down. What are you looking at lad. stressing lad, as if to help the Orc tell the difference between her, and the fey creature across the table from her.

GPuzzle
2014-04-01, 04:20 PM
The gnome wakes up, dressed in a mix of poorly created camo, a commander's cap, a telescope, which hung on his back and motor oil, pronounces - no, he demands, and very loudly, while trying to appear like a very heroic war veteran, the following:

"WHICH OF YOU MAGGOTS BROUGHT US TO THIS RIDICULOUSLY DECORATED THING THAT YOU CALL ROOM?"

And then he realize he shouted that in Elven and that only the floppish Eladrin and the Drow that has been surprisingly quiet and not trying to be a 14-year-old emo hero for quite some time now, understoond, and he repeats that in Common.

Azktor
2014-04-01, 05:32 PM
Meandor (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=769646), Drow Rogue/Ranger

As soon as Meandor notices that he was in a strange room filled with strange people he gives a quick backward step away from the table, he uses his cloak to cover his actions from the strangers and underneath it he silently grabs his hand crossbow, ready to kill - or at least to try - anyone that try anything he does not like. He then says to Manny "A cataclysm you say...and why should I trust your word?" Meandor does not introduces himself on purpose.

Meandor will try to grab the crossbow without being noticed, so stealth roll [roll0]

herodofcows
2014-04-01, 11:51 PM
The orc opens his mouth, shuts it again, and takes a high-speed sip of tea.

"I see we have some questions . . . well! Gentlemen AND LADY," he turns and curtsies to Sora, "We are currently outside of your plane of existence. Here, I can fiddle with the rules and make time run a little faster relative to the rest of the universe, as well as arrange suitable refreshment! It struck me as the best way of ensuring we waste as little time as possible on explanations. Please take what foodstuffs you wish, and I will begin a brief explanation!"

He gestures, and a white cloth filled with ever-changing images appears behind him.

"The Gods! You know them, you love them, you hate them, you ignore them, but they are out there every day, managing the affairs of the cosmos so that you mortals may indulge in your lives with all the plentitude, conquest, torture, luck, knowledge, and any other thing that you might wish!"

As he lists off these features of life, the symbols of Pelor, Bane, Torog, Avandra, Ioun, and all the other gods pop up on the cloth.

"However, while the Pantheon is constant, the Gods themselves are not! Gods die singly or in groups, of course, but I'm talking about something much bigger. I'm talking . . . about the Deinosis!"

On the sheet, a gnome in a top hat appears, playing some kind of long-necked screeching lute connected to a strange box.

"THE DEINOSIS!" he growls melodically, shredding on the strange lute, "SO MOTHERF***ING AWESOME!"

The gnome continues to play as Manny continues.

"The Deinosis is a cyclical phenomenon that results in the old Gods falling, as new Gods take their place. The start of the Deinosis is heralded by the rise of many great heroes, all of whom begin shaking the foundations of their world and building new nations and orders atop the old. With time, some of these heroes rise to such heights as to become as Gods themselves . . ."

"BECOME DIVINITY!" shrieks the gnome, "ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE DOING IT!"

". . . and are then compelled to rise up and fight the old Gods, these being the forces that keep the old order alive. The fight is bloody, and many suffer and die in the process, but it inevitably ends with new Gods leading the charge into a new and better world . . ."

"NEW WORLD ORDER! WITH A BODY COUNT!"

". . . over the bodies of the fallen old Gods. This is, though violent, a natural part of the world's growth, change, and advancement . . ."

"NORMATIVE THINKING! 'CAUSE THAT'S HOW WE DO!"

". . . and we're due for a new one within the coming centuries. Unfortunately, owing to some . . . divine indiscretions . . ."

"BANE DIDN'T PULL OUT IN TIME!"

". . . er, yes . . ."

"AND HIS BASTARD DAUGHTER'S A DEMIGODDESS!"

". . . thank you, that's quite . . ."

"SO NOW THE WHOLE THING IS STARTING EARLY! AND THAT'S REALLY REALLY BAD!"

Sighing, Manny snaps his fingers and the gnome disappears. He flashes you all a fake smile, and continues:

". . . Ahem! Yes, the birth of the daughter of Bane was meant to signal the beginning of this particular Deinosis. Unfortunately, the mother was supposed to be The Raven Queen, Goddess of Death and its ineffable inevitability, and not," his nose wrinkles in distaste as he spits out "Chella "Luscious" Wellgiven, whose occupation might generously be described as . . . dancing acrobatically in the presence of a select gentlemen clientele . . ."

The gnome pops up briefly again, yells "SHE WAS A STRIPPER!" and then ducks away.

". . . so, now the whole thing is starting off early. Rather than leading to a glorious new dawn and modern age, this imperfect Deinosis will result in a plane-shattering catastrophic kaboom, followed by absolutely nothing at all ever again . . . unless you all can stop it."

OOC: Perception, Arcana, Religion, and Insight checks, if you please/feel so disposed!

cavalieredraghi
2014-04-02, 10:22 AM
Sora looks at the Orc, with a smile, See that wasn't so hard.by the way I am Sora.
She then lets Manny continue, but when he talks about Chella, inside Sora is saddened a female who works to please men, how despicable. So if I understand correctly, we have a chance to not only save the universe, but maybe become gods?
Perception
[roll0]
Insight
[roll1]
Arcana
[roll2]
Religion
[roll3]

Azktor
2014-04-02, 10:34 AM
Meandor (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=769646), Drow Rogue/Ranger

Meandor remains quiet and watchful during the explanation, he still does not know if he trust it - probably not - but at least it was an answer.

Perception [roll0]
Insight [roll1]
Arcana [roll2]
Religion [roll3]

Creed
2014-04-02, 10:39 AM
Danforth looks even more confused now, raising an eyebrow at the explanation.

Arcana:
[roll0]

Insight:
[roll1]

Religion:
[roll2]

Perception:
[roll3]

Ardurious
2014-04-02, 07:07 PM
So if I understand correctly, we have a chance to not only save the universe, but maybe become gods?

Czern's eyes return to the Arkhosian - Sora, it had said, though its name matters little to him - as the words come to him. The potential to become a god, he mulls the notion over for a few moments, I rather like the sound of that.

He sits a moment, running back what the orc had said of the Deinosis. Czern had heard the word used before by the priests of Asmodeus; mentioned in some plot the demon lord had concocted to usurp the pantheon through an ancient cycle, though he had thought little of the notion at the time. He finds himself wishing he had paid closer attention.

He calls upon the latent psychic energy within himself. The field is far too weak to Shape an object or a fragment of consciousness, but it is plenty strong enough to search the meaning and the motivations behind the words of a savage such as the vibrant orc.

Perception[roll0]
Insight[roll1]
Arcana[roll2]
Religion[roll3]

GPuzzle
2014-04-02, 07:25 PM
"A regiment of gods?... F***, I always wanted to overthrow Bane and Corellon and become the new god of war and arcana... Those numbnuts will never see it come, and these numbnuts will become the most reckless, brutal, badass looking sons-a-bitches in the whole damn universe! This orc is a miracle-maker, even higher than Flamebrow! Although this room makes him go more to the point where he'd f*** people in the ass and not have the goddamn common courtesy to give them a reach-around..."

The gnome thought, a slight grin forming in his face.

Arcana: [roll0]
Religion: [roll1]
Insight: [roll2]
Perception: [roll3]

herodofcows
2014-04-03, 12:20 AM
While he's reeling off the qualities of life defined by divinity and peppering the white sheet with symbols, you notice that he adds a few gods and omits a few others. You recognize one symbol as that of Orcus the Demon Prince, even though he's not a god in the strictest sense of the word. Also, you see that the symbol of Vecna is nowhere to be found. Finally, you notice one symbol that you recognize as not being commonly listed: that of Tharizdun, the Chained God.

You notice the orc's fingers constantly moving every time the gnome speaks. He appears to be doing this for his own amusement. Also, as near as you can see, he's absolutely telling the truth about the Deinosis. Moreover, though he tries to hide it, he's terrified of what's coming.

You can see that, despite his apparent embarrassment, the gnome is an illusion under the orc's control. Moreover, you now see that the orc is not, strictly speaking, an orc. He's got a pretty heavy glamour or illusion on him, and though you can't see through it, you're pretty sure you're not looking at a one-eyed orc in a dress . . .

You can see that, despite his apparent embarrassment, the gnome is an illusion under the orc's control. Moreover, you now see that the orc is not, strictly speaking, an orc. He's got a pretty heavy glamour or illusion on him, and you can moreover tell that the room itself is glamoured in a similar fashion. Most of all, the FLAVOR of his power twists wrong in your skull. You're not sure where it's coming from, but no mortal ever held THIS kind of power before . . .

You notice several things about this whole series of shenanigans: For one, you can see that, despite his apparent embarrassment, the gnome is an illusion under the orc's control. Moreover, you now see that the orc is not, strictly speaking, an orc. He's got a pretty heavy glamour or illusion on him, and you can moreover tell that the room itself is glamoured in a similar fashion.
While he's reeling off the qualities of life defined by divinity and peppering the white sheet with symbols, you notice that he adds a few gods and omits a few others. You recognize one symbol as that of Orcus the Demon Prince, even though he's not a god in the strictest sense of the word. Also, you see that the symbol of Vecna is nowhere to be found. Finally, you notice one symbol that you recognize as not being commonly listed: that of Tharizdun, the Chained God.

The orc coughs politely, an exaggerated look of embarrassment on his face.

"Ahem . . . yes, well, here's the tricky part . . .

Were this any other Deinosis, you would likely be prime candidates to become these new heroes and, who knows? Perhaps gods! Unfortunately, as mentioned, this Deinosis is starting early, to the tune of several centuries or so. The great heroes that would rise during this period are either unborn or simply not ready to assume their destinies. You all . . . let's call you catalysts. Though not heroes yourselves, you would have been the parents, tutors, influential figures, or random-strangers-bumping-into-the-right-person-at-the-right-time that would have caused these heroes to rise. Simply put, you are the closest things to those heroes that we have available at the moment, and so we're pulling you right now to (hopefully) diffuse this premature Deinosis and allow the real one to arise naturally! This sort of thing has never been done before, so we have no idea if this will work at all, but we're between a rock and a hard place and have precious few ways of improvising!

So, on behalf of the universe, can we rely on you?"

shamgar001
2014-04-03, 09:39 AM
Jabbor learns forward and answers while reaching for another scone. "Sounds absolutely spiffin.' Nothing like a perilous quest to put some extra point in bally old ears, wot? Could you elucidate on the nature of this task, my good orc?"

Creed
2014-04-03, 10:32 AM
Danforth stares forward and scratches his chin,

"You want us to... to... trust, yes, trust you, trust your word, yes? But you can't give us the same common courtesy, right? You, you're covered in illusion, not real, either of you, the bleedin' gnome isn't even here in the first place. I'd be genuinely surprised if any of this is more than elaborate, well, b*******. A ruse. A... a... a sham, yes?"

Ardurious
2014-04-03, 11:31 AM
Illusions. All illusions, Czern looks slowly from the 'orc' to the individuals gathered around the table. Perhaps it would be best to simply wait, then.

He reaches out once more to the source of his psychic might and once again finds himself unable to reach it. He shakes his head, then leans back in his chair and contents himself to watch the scene unfold. At least for the time being.

herodofcows
2014-04-03, 12:04 PM
The "orc" blows air out of his nostrils in an exasperated manner. When he speaks, he is clearly annoyed.

"Yes, okay, fine. I am not, physically speaking, a male transvestite orc. And this room is not a tastefully kitchy tearoom. I placed a glamour on my domain to make it a little more comfortable to you all, because it abuts the Far Realm and its real aspect would shred your mortal minds. As to my own appearance: Yes, I was BORN as something else, but I CHOOSE to identify as a male transvestite orc, and I CHOOSE to use the not-inconsiderable power I possess to make my external appearance match my inner self. Is that going to be a problem, DANFORTH?"

He shoots you a glare, so saying.

cavalieredraghi
2014-04-03, 12:15 PM
I don't have a problem with the fact that you want to look like a woman, after all we are better then men. Sora flashes a quick smile towards the orc, My Problem is you are lying about all the old gods dying. After all you did not show all the old gods on your tapestry, and some of whom you showed where not even gods, like Orcus. Sora just sits there, with her arms folded in front of her, as she waits for an answer as to why.

I am using this to know if Sora knows about Say Bahamut, Tiamat, and IO, since their history seems to deface this Deinosis, if so she can use it as further fuel to argue with the orc. [roll0]

herodofcows
2014-04-03, 12:56 PM
"Oh, Orcus and Vecna! That one's pretty funny, actually. Orcus is an upjumped little *****, of that there is no question. However, he is, technically, a god. Moreover, he's the reason that Vecna is now, technically, not a god. Orcus has developed absolute power over all liches, and Vecna, like a putz, initially rose to power through becoming a lich. The once-mighty lord Vecna is now Orcus' bottom b**** in every sense of the word! But that does remind me . . ."

The cloth behind him shimmers and is replaced by a list, entitled "Manny's Quick 'n' Easy Guide to Keeping Your Head in these Crazy Times". The list is as follows:

1. Forget What You Thought You Knew About The World

2. Resign Yourself To Being A Bit Mad

3. Stab First, Ask Questions While They Bleed Out

"First things first! Forget at least half of the stories you've been told about the world, the gods, and how the two relate to each other. They are about 50% crap mixed in with 40% propaganda and 10% truth. Everything you know is a product of the old order's assertions of its own permanence, and it will only get in your way going forward. Over the course of your travels, you might have to deal with Old Gods, New Gods, Dead Gods, S*** Gods, and Gods Of Little To No Importance. Do not believe the hype. Most of them are upjumped little *****es of Orcus' caliber.

"Second point! This relates to the first: Forget the assumption that the world is inherently sane, has rules, or in any way fails to hinge on the most bats*** craziness. You are going to see and do some things that will make no sense in the name of fixing this. People will look at your actions as the actions of madmen. YOU might look at your actions as the actions of madmen. In the name of all that is holy, unholy, or wholly non-holy, accept the insanity. It'll make the whole thing much easier to fix.

"Final point! You will be dealing with primal forces in mortal garb, unleashed much too early and wreaking havoc upon the world. These "people" will be gumming things up by the mere virtue of their presence, so the sooner they are removed, the better! Again, we have very little idea of how well this will work, or whether this might stunt the Deinosis process going forward, but we DO know that the alternative is infinitely worse. End these anomalies quickly, with a minimum of fuss."

You recall the story of Bahamut and Tiamat and Io quite well, as it happens!

cavalieredraghi
2014-04-03, 01:08 PM
Alright Manny. Sora seems to be mulling things over in her mind. If these anomalies are mortal, how can we spot them easily, and how can we kill them while I get to survive at the end of the day. She purposely does not mention how to have everyone survive, given that at the current moment she really does not care about them.

GPuzzle
2014-04-03, 01:36 PM
Danforth stares forward and scratches his chin,

"You want us to... to... trust, yes, trust you, trust your word, yes? But you can't give us the same common courtesy, right? You, you're covered in illusion, not real, either of you, the bleedin' gnome isn't even here in the first place. I'd be genuinely surprised if any of this is more than elaborate, well, b*******. A ruse. A... a... a sham, yes?"

"HEY, 0030! I AM REAL, NOT AN ILLUSION OF YOUR TWISTED EX-SLAVE MIND ON SOME KIND OF ILLEGAL DRUG!"

He turns to the orc and speaks, with a slight grin on his face:

"Stab First and Ask Questions While They Bleed, uh? I like your thinking, 0754!"

Ardurious
2014-04-03, 02:40 PM
Possibilities swim through Czern's mind as the Outsider - for what else could this 'orc' be - and the Arkhosian bicker. The gods, lies? A chance to usurp the pantheon itself? Primal beings - nay, forces of the universe - in mortal, vulnerable form?

"One day, young prince," Czern's old master had told him years before, "one day you shall hold the power to shape the future of this land." He hadn't imagined at the time that the elderly psion's words would ever be so prophetic, nor so far-reaching.

He chuckles quietly to himself as he observes the spectacle unfolding before him. I know not what strange twist of fate has brought me here, but I shall be sure to bleed this opportunity dry. His silver eyes once again pass over the motley group encircling the table and a cruel smile touches his lips. And perhaps a few other things along the way.

GPuzzle
2014-04-03, 04:04 PM
"0754, is your true name Gruumsh?"

herodofcows
2014-04-03, 08:14 PM
The "orc" shrieks with mirth at this for a full minute. Any word you try to get in is drowned out by his laughter, which is both louder and goes on without breath for longer than you would ordinarily expect.

". . . ah . . . ahehehehe . . . hoooo! Wow, I needed that! No, Captain, I most certainly am not Gruumsh, and as for the ANOMALIES . . . heeheeheehee . . . ahhhh, just don't worry. They'll be, hehehe, pretty easy to spot. Best of all, I'll be sending you to their general area and giving you some easy information on how to find them. Killing them, well, that's easy: hit 'em till they stop moving!

Which brings us to our first little mission! As I've mentioned, you are all a bit second-choicey for us in terms of general capacity to deal with this colossal s***storm. Don't take this personally, but I'd rather like to give you all a proper shakedown in terms of your ability to work as a group. So, I'm going to be sending you into a very special little place in the Timmeti desert, where some heavily-armed slavers are about to unearth something . . . prematurely. Your job is simply to end their lives as violently and thoroughly as possible! Do this, and you'll have stopped one of the anomalies before it even begins! Sound good?"

Creed
2014-04-03, 08:16 PM
The "orc" blows air out of his nostrils in an exasperated manner. When he speaks, he is clearly annoyed.

"Yes, okay, fine. I am not, physically speaking, a male transvestite orc. And this room is not a tastefully kitchy tearoom. I placed a glamour on my domain to make it a little more comfortable to you all, because it abuts the Far Realm and its real aspect would shred your mortal minds. As to my own appearance: Yes, I was BORN as something else, but I CHOOSE to identify as a male transvestite orc, and I CHOOSE to use the not-inconsiderable power I possess to make my external appearance match my inner self. Is that going to be a problem, DANFORTH?"

He shoots you a glare, so saying.

Danforth looks even more confused,
"The Far Realm? Is that where we are? Isn't that a bit inconvenient, you know, logistically speaking. The Far Realm does tend to be quite far away from everywhere, well, not important, just... relevant to this whole... journey, is it? Quest?"

"HEY, 0030! I AM REAL, NOT AN ILLUSION OF YOUR TWISTED EX-SLAVE MIND ON SOME KIND OF ILLEGAL DRUG!"

He turns to the orc and speaks, with a slight grin on his face:

"Stab First and Ask Questions While They Bleed, uh? I like your thinking, 0754!"

Danforth shoots the gnome a sidelong glance, then looks at the rest of the room,
"Is he alright? He doesn't sound alright."

GPuzzle
2014-04-03, 09:02 PM
"0030, i still can hear you!"
Also, Religion roll to see who the "Orc" is:
1d20+6

shamgar001
2014-04-03, 09:21 PM
Jabbor dabs a napkin to his lips. "Slavers, eh? Unpleasant blighters, the lot. Had to deal with some a few years back when I was fresh out of academy. 'Twas only my second campaign with the knights, and let me tell you, there's a whopper of a yarn there..." He continued to ramble on to no one in particular.

Ardurious
2014-04-03, 09:50 PM
"Enough of this," Czern interjects, narrowing his eyes at the Fey elf and the halfman. His tolerance for their drivel has run thin, "Our gracious host has given us an assignment. What with all this talk of the world in chaos and the deaths of our precious gods, I believe we should make haste."

He grins reassuringly at the two, his sharp teeth visible through his lips. "I mean no disrespect to you, of course," his eyes sweep the table as he speaks, though they pass over the Arkhosian more swiftly than the rest, "I feel our time is better spent dealing with these slavers. Just imagine the horrible things those in their custody must be enduring. Wish you not to save them?"

herodofcows
2014-04-04, 12:56 AM
Manny applauds.

"Score one for the Turathi! I knew I liked you, boyo! Now, let's get the lead out!"

One snap of his fingers later, you're whistling through the same void again. This time, you have only one brief vision of the man chained against a wall. He is whispering scripture to himself:

"I was the red hawk that gouged the eyes and became the eyes and gouged them again. I speak in cinquains in a world that understands only couplets, but my creatures only understand shrieks in sonnet. In the beginning, I created the Heavens and the Earth, but the Earth was squelching fruit and the Heavens were brittle crackers, so I sent the giants of agony to drink them dry . . ."

As he speaks, you hear his voice in your head, speaking independently of what his mouth is saying.

"Who are you? Why can I hear your screams? Cadences and timbres . . . I recognize these from my other-other days and I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm trying to speak sense to you but I am not sense, I am nonsense, and there is doom everywhere and a ticking clock that wants me to be the beast the best beast best the beast you hear me best the beast before the beast bests you-"

And then you all fall onto hissing sands.

You are standing behind two carts, peaking out into a desert waste on a clear-ish night. Captain, you recognize this as being part of the Timmeti Central Wastes, east of the coastal capital of Jinnti. You must be well in the center of the wastes, because you can't see the city or the Thauma Plateaus that border the desert to the east. It's a clear but windy night, with the wind kicking up sand in a northerly direction, but the carts provide some shelter. The stars shine brightly above you all, and the moon is a strong half-face.

You can see two gnomes standing idle guard over a deep pit whose north edge is lined with torches. You can't see into the pit itself, but you can hear the grunt of laborers and the crunch of shovels. Beyond the light of the torches, a hulking figure is sitting with his back to you and looking upwards.

The hulking figure is a Dragonborn warrior, all kitted out in armor. A drawn sword lies on his lap.

Over the wind (or perhaps carried by it) you can hear the Dragonborn singing quietly to himself:

". . . dream of explorations vast
But there's no love that my wand'rings outlast
So keep your heart in mourning . . .

This is a little-known song by a shifter bard named Thorn Clan-Creide. It's popular along the Ionian-Timmeti border, which would place this slaving operation as going through Io to Timmet, or vice-versa. Slavery is illegal in Io, so this is a bit interesting . . .

Note: Orange = Torchlight. Brown = Edge of the pit. Yellow = Illuminated area.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/147eQzoEeGQEET3mq40WdnFBMBtRmLzW7udUF5LTLJOI/edit?usp=sharing

Ardurious
2014-04-04, 08:57 AM
Czern shakes his head, trying to clear his mind. This trip through the swirling void had been as convoluted as the last. He takes a moment to survey the land around him, observing the carts and the halfman guards, the torches and the pit, and the large Arkhosian sitting some feet away staring at the sky. The sliver of the moon gives him more than enough light to see.

"So, how do we intend on doing this?" He whispers, eyes scanning those behind him, "I see three guards, for the moment, but there are no doubt more lurking about." He reaches out to the gestalt psychic field he draws his strength from and - much to his relief - finds it quickly. He opens his mind to it and breathes a sigh as psychic might floods into him.

He turns to the seated Arkhosian once more, focusing on the creature, searching for anything out of the ordinary.

Arcana check to see if the Dragonborn has anything magical going on with it (buffs, enchanted gear, etc.): [roll]1d20+10[roll]
Streetwise check for the contents of that spoiler as well: [roll0]

Ardurious
2014-04-04, 09:01 AM
Apologies for the double-post. Let's try not to botch this Arcana roll.

Arcana: [roll0]

GPuzzle
2014-04-04, 12:13 PM
Rolling for Streetwise:

[roll0] GODDAMNIT, IT CRASHED AGAIN!

Also, I whisper:
"Goddamnit, 0754, couldn't you have some basic knowledge about tactical positioning?"

GPuzzle
2014-04-04, 12:15 PM
The rolling system here hates me deeply.

Streetwise: [roll0]

cavalieredraghi
2014-04-04, 02:04 PM
As Sora forms next to one of the caters, she crouches down, to be harder to see. When she peers around to see the gnomes, it is clear these are the slavers. drawing her sword, she estimates how they could tackle these guards without alerting others to her presences.

these are Perception, and Insight rolls to see if they are doing basic patrols, or just standing there, watching the inside fo the pit.

perception [roll0]
insight [roll1]

shamgar001
2014-04-04, 03:19 PM
Whittaker lets out a low hoot-growl, but Jabbor silences him. He silently draws his sabre and whispers, "Hm...D'you suppose we could push those two gnome chaps into the pit? Let the slaves deal with them while we lock down that dragonborn?"

herodofcows
2014-04-04, 04:05 PM
As Sora forms next to one of the caters, she crouches down, to be harder to see. When she peers around to see the gnomes, it is clear these are the slavers. drawing her sword, she estimates how they could tackle these guards without alerting others to her presences.

these are Perception, and Insight rolls to see if they are doing basic patrols, or just standing there, watching the inside fo the pit.

perception [roll0]
insight [roll1]

They seem to be sitting stationary. They don't actually look like they're keeping particularly careful watch. If anything, they seem incredibly bored.

You can detect no particular magic coming from the dragonborn. The song seems vaguely familiar, but you can't quite place it..

The wind appears to be working in your favor, as the guards don't appear to notice your whispers or the owlbear's hooting. The southernmost gnome begins picking his nose absentmindedly, and slowly turns around . . .

OOC: Meandor, Czern, and Danforth: Stealth rolls please! At a +5 bonus, since he's being so slow about it and you're in darkness.

GPuzzle
2014-04-04, 04:17 PM
Okay, when Meandor makes his Stealth check Captain's gonna whisper:
"0112, shoot!"
He also points at Meandor, since he is the only one that calls Meandor 0112, and that essentially means Direct the Strike with an RBA for Meandor. And since he's a Drow Rogue, he's probably gonna have CA for the attack.

Ardurious
2014-04-04, 04:30 PM
"Calm yourself, little one," Czern places a hand on the halfman's shoulder, "Allow us a moment before we charge headlong into combat."

He turns to the Fey elf - Jabbor, he remembers hearing - and motions him to listen, "Do you believe that you would be able to deal with those two guards without raising an alarm? Whether you kill them or merely push them into the pit, I care not," he gestures towards the dark elf, "The shifty one and I can deal with the Arkhosian. I am confident we can do it with little fuss."

He casts a pointed glance in Sora's direction, "After all, killing lizards is something of a specialty of mine."

Creed
2014-04-04, 05:06 PM
Danforth mutters something in a guttural tongue before dropping to the sand.

[roll0]

Azktor
2014-04-04, 09:13 PM

Meandor still does not trust in Manny, but the opportunity to become a powerful god was too good to pass, he could help all the Drows this way. Even if the opportunity was presented by someone so wacky, also Meandor felt some truth into his words, disguised with some non-sense illusions. So, he was willing to take a chance.

When they arrive at the desert, Meandor quickly hides near the carts and quietly grabs his crossbow, pointing at the dragonborn. at same time he was thinking how loud were his new "companions".

Stealth Check: [roll0]

shamgar001
2014-04-05, 01:31 AM
He turns to the Fey elf - Jabbor, he remembers hearing - and motions him to listen, "Do you believe that you would be able to deal with those two guards without raising an alarm? Whether you kill them or merely push them into the pit, I care not," he gestures towards the dark elf, "The shifty one and I can deal with the Arkhosian. I am confident we can do it with little fuss."

Jabbor replies to Czern, a little sheepishly, "Ehm...I can try, but I'm really more an ensemble player than a soloist, don'cha know? If the reptilian lass and ... Danforth, is it? ... were to head over with me and Whittaker, we could certainly give the blighters a good licking.

cavalieredraghi
2014-04-05, 08:23 AM
"Calm yourself, little one," Czern places a hand on the halfman's shoulder, "Allow us a moment before we charge headlong into combat."

He casts a pointed glance in Sora's direction, "After all, killing lizards is something of a specialty of mine."

Sora gives the teifling a quick smile, As am i Tiefling. I am not good at stealth so i believe, i should stay behind, and wait until combat does start, if we want our presence to be hidden.

Creed
2014-04-05, 09:08 AM
Jabbor replies to Czern, a little sheepishly, "Ehm...I can try, but I'm really more an ensemble player than a soloist, don'cha know? If the reptilian lass and ... Danforth, is it? ... were to head over with me and Whittaker, we could certainly give the blighters a good licking.

Danforth nods,
"I have a few, erm, tricks up my sleeve, so to speak of course. "

GPuzzle
2014-04-05, 01:28 PM
"Oh, goddamnit, squad. Just attack, they'll never see it coming. We have the upper hand."

The gnome pulls out the telescope that has been strapped to his back, showing that it has a trigger and it is very similar to a shotgun.

herodofcows
2014-04-05, 02:23 PM
The yawning gnome's eyes slide over your hiding spot as it goes back to looking down into the pit. The dragonborn stops singing, stands up, and goes to talk to the yawning gnome.

OOC: Perception at -5 if you want to overhear.

Meanwhile, the other gnome goes around the cart and out of Captain's sight. Watching his feet, you can see that he's taking a leak against the opposite side of the cart.

Battle Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/147eQzoEeGQEET3mq40WdnFBMBtRmLzW7udUF5LTLJOI/edit#gid=0)

shamgar001
2014-04-07, 01:53 AM
Jabbor moves to a slightly more advantageous position before starting to battle in earnest. He waits a moment, hoping he hasn't given the party away to the enemy.

Jabbor sneaks over to L3 prior to the encounter starting. Whittaker moves to P1.
Stealth check: [roll0]

shamgar001
2014-04-07, 02:19 AM
Jabbor looks around and sees that everyone seems poised to attack. He takes the initiative. His eyes glow briefly, and music begins to eminate from the banjo strapped to his back. Anyone who looks closer sees that the strings are plucking themselves, although they're producing the sounds of multiple different instruments, some of which aren't even recognizable. Nonetheless, the music clearly announces the start of battle and gives heart to the party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vVhfW7jzTU

Minor action: activate Skald's Aura
No bonuses yet, but they're coming.

Creed
2014-04-07, 03:29 PM
Danforth looks at the group, then runs off to one side, taking cover behind the cart that happens to be being used as someone's privy.

Danforth moves to Q2

Ardurious
2014-04-07, 09:35 PM
"I grow tired of this skulking about. If talk is all you lot have about you, then I shall be the first to take action," Czern seizes his staff from its strap across his back. He conjures up visions of failure and futility, death and despair. His silver eyes shine dimly in the darkness as he plants the end of his staff in the sand beneath his feet.

He reaches out and attempts to crack into the minds of the halfman and the Arkhosian off in the distance.

Dishearten
Area burst 1, centered on I9

Attack (gnome): [roll0] vs. Will
Damage on a hit: [roll1], and the gnome takes a -2 penalty to attacks against the party and a -4 penalty to attacks against Czern

Attack (dragonborn): [roll2] vs. Will
Damage on a hit: [roll3], and the dragonborn takes a -2 penalty to attacks against the party and a -4 penalty to attacks against Czern

GPuzzle
2014-04-08, 01:24 PM
Captain rolls out of his cover, allowing Sora to assume a better tactical position, and fires a shot from his shotgun towards the pissing Gnome, causing him to stagger backwards, allowing Sora to get a free hit on him, just before rolling back behind the cover and screaming:

"0121, shoot!"

Check the actions on the OOC page to understand what I did.

cavalieredraghi
2014-04-09, 12:03 PM
Sora seeing that action is starting wastes no time in getting closer to her enemy.

Blostering strike
[roll0]

[roll1]

Azktor
2014-04-10, 12:20 AM

Meandor quickly fires two shots in a row, using the gnome's command as incentive. The first at the gnome and the second at the Dragonborn, aiming for it's leg.

RBA due to Direct the Strike: Attack vs AC on the J, 9 Gnome[roll0] (+2 for CA and -2 for the Wind); Damage [roll1]

Standard Action: Unbalancing Shot Attack vs AC on the Dragonborn [roll2] (+2 for CA and -2 for the Wind); Damage [roll3]. Also on hit the target is slowed.

Also Sneak attack damage [roll4], If I hit the Dragonborn I will use on him, if not I will use on the Gnome...

herodofcows
2014-04-10, 12:25 PM
The gnome shrieks as the arrow plants itself in his back, just as he and the dragonborn are rocked with psychic trauma. Shaken, they turn, see you, and prepare for battle. Danforth, you see the pissing gnome's stream stop and hear the fumbling clasp of zippers.

Gnome 1 (the peeing gnome): [roll0]
Gnome 2 (with Dragonborn): [roll1]
Dragonborn: [roll2]

herodofcows
2014-04-10, 12:40 PM
The Dragonborn strides up and proves his ancestry as a gout of acid issues from his mouth, covering Czern, Jabbor, and Meandor. He then charges Meandor, bellowing "BOSS! WE GOT TROUBLE!"

Breath attack.
vs. Czern's Reflex: [roll0], Damage: [roll1] acid damage.
vs. Jabbor's Reflex: [roll2], Damage: [roll3] acid damage.
vs. Meandor's Reflex: [roll4], Damage: [roll5] acid damage.

Charge vs. Meandor's AC: [roll6], Damage: [roll7]

Azktor
2014-04-11, 02:40 PM

As soon as the Dragonborn attacks Meandor he gives a acrobatic jump and lands 15 feets away. He then attacks the dragonborn one more time.

Move: Tumble to shift 3 squares, Meandor will end on N.1.

Minor: Hunter's Quarry on the Dragonborn

Standard: Disheartening Strike Attack vs AC on the Dragonborn [roll0] (-2 for the Wind); Damage [roll1] + [roll2] for Hunter's Quarry. Also on hit the dragonborn will get a -2 penalty to attack Until the End of My next turn (due to Rattling)

Creed
2014-04-11, 10:39 PM
Danforth

Danforth steps out from behind the cart, drawing his weapon with a fluid motion. Power flows down his arm, and creeps into reality as a streak of bleak energy, a rip that travels between him and the gnome fumbling with his zipper.

Move- Move to R3
Minor- Draw Rod
Standard- Eldritch Blast (with Prime Shot)

To Hit:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

herodofcows
2014-04-12, 01:05 PM
The gnome fwinks out of apparent existence as soon as your blast touches his skin.

Meanwhile, the second gnome makes a run behind one of the carts, and you immediately lose track of him.

The wind seems to pick up slightly, and you hear hissing whispers carried on its gusts.

Ardurious
2014-04-13, 12:39 PM
Czern quickly erects a weak psychic barrier in front of himself, easily deflecting the oncoming acidic surge of the Arkhosian's breath. In the same moment he leaps back, out of the range of the creature's blade.

"Filthy beast!" Czern's face contorts in rage as he conjures up visions of servitude and degradation, "Know your place!"

Shift to K2

Dishearten
Area burst 1, centered on K5

Attack: [roll0] vs. Will
[roll1] damage on a hit, and the dragonborn takes a -2 penalty to attacks until the end of my next turn

herodofcows
2014-04-15, 12:44 AM
The Dragonborn shakes his head scornfully at Czern.

"My place is b***s-deep in your mother, hornhead!" he spits, sniggering.

Meanwhile, Danforth has something emerge in the back of his mind. It's a pick! Wielded by a gnome whose drawers are being held up purely by some alchemy of physics.

"Ya never attacks a man when he's peein'!" he howls, and the wind howls with him. In fact, the wind seems to be howling quite significantly all of the sudden . . .

Attack vs. Danforth's AC: [roll0]
Damage on a hit: [roll1] + [roll2]

It's garbled, but you can hear words coming from the pit:

. . . beset by . . . evil men . . . in the name of . . . weak . . . vengeance . . . destroy . . . vengeance . . .

GPuzzle
2014-04-17, 09:33 AM
"HEY YOU BIG SCALY SON OF A BITCH, FIGHT ME IF YOU'RE TRULY BAHAMUT'S HIERS!"

Captain is going to cast Moment of Escape on Czern and slide him to M1, he's gonna use Majestic Word on Danforth (spend a surge and I slide him to R4), and he's casting Blunder on the peeing gnome and sliding him into Q2, where the Whittaker makes an MBA with +5 to hit.

Blunder:

+7 vs Will, 1d6+Cha damage=

ATTACK ROLL: 1d20+7

DAMAGE ROLL: 1d6+5

cavalieredraghi
2014-04-17, 11:31 AM
By Sehanine Will you will face only me! Sora states looking at the Dragonborn, then attacks at his hands to enfeeble him in some way.

minor Action Divine Challenge So the Dragonbron is Marked.

standard action. Enfeebling strike.
[roll0]
[roll1]

and since i marked him he will still take an additional -2 to attacks if i hit, so against me just negative 2 but anyone else -4 on attacks.

shamgar001
2014-04-17, 12:23 PM
Whittaker lets out a hoot of delight and happily mauls the gnome delivered to him.

Free action: MBA granted by Captain
Attack vs. AC: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1] damage.

Jabbor returned his banjo to his back and it starts playing again. "Flippin' fine time to go out of tune, wot?" He turns his attention to the dragonborn.

Minor action: Song of Serendipity
Effect: Whenever Jabbor hits with an MBA, an ally in his aura gains a +2 bonus to their next attack roll.

Minor action: Disruptive Words
Effect: Allies in Jabbor's aura grant combat advantage. Also, next time the Dragonborn takes damage before the end of the encounter, he will be dazed (save ends).

Standard action: MBA against the dragonborn (with CA)
Attack vs. AC: [roll2]
Hit: [roll3] damage, and Meandor gets the +2 bonus.

Song of Serendipity: Whenever Jabbor hits with an MBA, and ally in the aura gains a +2 bonus to his or her next attack.
Disruptive words: Enemies in the aura grant combat advantage, and one enemy that takes damage before the end of the encounter is dazed (Save ends).
Also, anyone can spend a minor action to spend a healing surge an regain 1d6 hp.

herodofcows
2014-04-18, 12:29 AM
The Dragonborn curses, bleeding profusely amidst your attacks. He takes a 5 foot step and lays into Sora.

Attack vs. AC [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

As the Clash of the Dragonborn (tm) begins, Czern, Meandor, and Jabbor are suddenly caught in the middle of a blinding flash and a sharp tang of ozone.

Attack vs. Meandor's Will [roll2]
Attack vs. Czern's Will [roll3]
Attack vs. Jabbor's Will [roll4]

Damage vs. Meandor [roll5]
Damage vs. Czern [roll6]
Damage vs. Jabbor [roll7]

Anyone hit is blinded (save ends)

"It is as Jules, son of Jack did warn!" crows a voice emanating from the edge of the pit, "THERE ARE MOTHERF***ERS AFOOT!"

Battle Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/147eQzoEeGQEET3mq40WdnFBMBtRmLzW7udUF5LTLJOI/edit#gid=0)

Azktor
2014-04-23, 06:10 AM

Meandor gets even further away ((he is out the map now)) and then start taking care of his woulds...

Move: move 6 away from the battle (unless it is unsafe to go that way)
Standard: Second Wind to heal 9 HP, now I'm with 12 if I recall it correctly
Minor: if there are any place I could hide (with cover) I will use cunning sneak feature to hide, so stealth check [roll0]

Creed
2014-04-23, 06:47 PM
Danforth

Danforth runs around to the other side of the cart, then clenches his fist, taking a deep breath to steady himself. Then, his hand engulfed in purple light, he punches the side of the cart, shoving it towards the gnome in an attempt to run over the cheeky little bugger.

Move- to Q6

Standard- Force Punch the Wagon.

To Hit:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]
Push the target 1 square

Now comes the real question: Will Herod allow me to use a wagon to kill gnomes?

Ardurious
2014-04-24, 08:29 PM
The blinding light dies down, though Czern can still feel the white heat of it on his skin. He blinks his eyes several times, bringing the world back into focus, before quickly dashing off. He gets a brief look at the gnome in the distance as he goes.

He runs to one of the carts, beside the gnome with the bizarre staff - his ally, for the time being - and turns to face the Arkhosian he had engaged a moment ago. The lizard is bleeding heavily and panting from the effort of holding off the eladrin and the other Arkhosian. Czern smiles. Whatever pain I may be in, it shall pass easier knowing I have rid the world of one more Arkhosian.

He quickly fashions an invisible psionic spike, then drives it deep into the beast's mind.

Move to O5.

Cast Mind Spike (un-augmented) on the dragonborn:
[roll0] vs. Will
[roll1] psychic damage on a hit
Czern's Robe of Eyes makes it so that he cannot be blinded.

herodofcows
2014-04-24, 10:53 PM
Danforth's punch manages to shatter wood, but not move the wagon.

The dragonborn feels Czern's tickle at his mind and roars with laughter.

"Got a bit of whiskey-d*ck, hornhead?" he guffaws.

Meanwhile, the gnome that Danforth just tried to whack has a bone to pick with Whittaker. Probably the femur, since he swings his pick at the owlbear's leg.

Attack vs. Whittaker's AC: [roll0]
Damage on a hit: [roll1]

herodofcows
2014-04-26, 01:46 PM
Meanwhile, the second gnome comes leaping off the roof of the cart, with the intent of smacking the Captain in the head with his pick.

"F*CK THE PO-LICE!" he yells, probably recognizing the Captain's uniform.

Move to O5 (Acrobatics for a jump):
Attack [roll1] Damage [Roll]1d8+1d6+4

GPuzzle
2014-04-26, 09:16 PM
"You don't f*ck the police."
He takes a step back, his shotgun extends into a freaking sniper rifle, and he fires a shot right at the Gnome's weapon, and just as the Gnome wonders what the f*ck has happened, he turns to the Dragonborn and releases a powerful shot right through the Dragonborn's face.

"The goddamn police f*cks you."

Captain uses Majestic Word on himself (gain surge+Cha mod, or 12 HP), slides himself to N3.

Casts Vicious Mockery at the Gnome 2, uses his Action Point, casts Stirring Shout on the Dragonborn.

Gnome 2:
[roll0] vs Will
[roll1] damage

Gnome 2 has -2 to hit penalty until the end of Captain's next turn if it hits.

Dragonborn:
[roll]1d20+6[/roll vs Will
[roll2] damage

Even if Captain misses, every ally that hits the Dragonborn regains 4 hit points.

cavalieredraghi
2014-04-26, 11:09 PM
Sora just laughs as this male of her species even tries to attack her. then with all the commotion going on, she just rolls her eyes, and thinks Men, always trying to see who has the bigger d*ck. then with a quiet pray, she says, Sehanine give me strength. Then with a twirl of her sword she attacks at the dragonborn's legs once more, while at the same time blasting his face with poison

minor action Divine Strength. ( i can add my strength as extra damage to my next attack this turn)
minor action Dragon breath
for the dragonborn [roll0]
jabbor sorry you happen to be in blast radius. :( [roll1]
damage DB [roll2]
Jabbor [roll3]

then Enfeebling Strike again on DB [roll4]
damage [roll5] and target still takes a -2 to all attacks until my next turn if it is not me -4 to attacks.

GAH good damage crap rolls.

shamgar001
2014-04-26, 11:35 PM
Jabbor puts a hand to his eyes, trying to make them function again. He calls out, "Whittaker, your old chum has gotten himself in a fix. Move your feathered bottom over here!"

Whittaker happily obliges, standing near Jabbor, Sora, and the male dragonborn.

The banjo strums a chord, and its magic helps to get Jabbor's head back into the fight.

Move action: Whittaker moves to M3, provoking an opportunity attack from the gnome.
Minor action: Jabbor uses one of his aura's healing surges, regaining 7 +[roll0] hit points.
Standard action: Prepared action

Trigger: Jabbor saves from being blinded.
Move action: Fey step to H7
Free action: MBA against BAMF Gnome, via Eladrin Swordmage Advance feat.

Song of Serendipity: Whenever Jabbor hits with an MBA, and ally in the aura gains a +2 bonus to his or her next attack.
Disruptive words: Enemies in the aura grant combat advantage, and one enemy that takes damage before the end of the encounter is dazed (Save ends).
Also, anyone can spend a minor action to spend a healing surge an regain 1d6 hp.

shamgar001
2014-04-26, 11:48 PM
The healing chord clears up Jabbor's sight. His swordmage training takes over. He takes in the battlefield in an instant, and identifying the enemy that blinded him, he puts his plan into action. His eyes glow as he steps into the Space between Spaces, and exits next to the gnome. He swings the sword, prepared to channel a powerful spell, but trips on the way out, nearly falling on his face.

Prepared action: Fey Step
Teleport to H7
Free action: MBA, via Eladrin Swordmage Advance feat.
Hit: Whittaker gains a +2 to his next attack roll, via Song of Serendipity.
Jabbor will use Lesser Dimentional Step (no action), allowing Whittaker to teleport to H8 and himself to teleport to F8. The MBA then deals an additional 1d8 damage (via Lesser Dimentional Step), additional 2 damage (via Whittaker's Ferocious Companion aura, and dazes the gnome.
Damage: [roll1]

Well, the good news is that Lesser Dimensional Step and the daze remain unused. Whittaker will provide a +2 power bonus to damage against the DB.

Azktor
2014-04-28, 09:31 PM

Felling good to be away from everyone and with the blindness effect passed, meandor focus his power on the Dragonborn that is already 'marked'.

Minor: Alone and Unafraid: Gain +2 bonus to Attack and Defenses until the of Meandor's next turn.

Standard: Disheartening Strike Attack vs AC on the Dragonborn [roll0] (-2 for the Wind; +2 from alone and unafraid); Damage [roll1] + [roll2] (Hunter's Quarry). Also on hit the dragonborn will get a -2 penalty to attack Until the End of My next turn (due to Rattling)

GPuzzle
2014-04-28, 09:48 PM
Remember, you gain 4 HP whenever you attack the Dragonborn.

Creed
2014-04-28, 10:08 PM
Danforth

Danforth strafes around the edge of the cart, then takes a shot back towards the cart at the gnome, his mortal foe, his white whale.

Move: Moves to V2
Minor: Warlock's Curse on Gnome in Q2

Standard: Eldritch Bolt on Gnome in Q2

To Hit:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Extra Damage from Curse:
[roll2]

herodofcows
2014-04-29, 12:46 AM
One of the gnomes swipes at Whittaker as he moves off . . .

Attack vs. AC [roll0]

. . . and then charges with a most un-gnome-like snarl at Danforth, brandishing his pick like a man (gnome?) possessed.

"TASTE PICK, YE WANKMASTER OF THE NINE WANKY HELLS!" he yowls, swinging at you.

Attack vs. AC [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

The Dragonborn, meanwhile, is bloodied and nearing the end of his strength. He looks in Sora's eyes, knowing the end is near.

"I die in the service of something greater than myself, b****!!" he roars, swinging.

Attack vs. AC [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

"AYE, NOBLE BRIMLEYSHANKS!" screams the gnome, who on closer inspection is outfitted with runed robes that hum with an unknown power, "WE ALL MAY GLORY TO LAY DOWN OUR LIVES FOR JULES, SON OF JACK!"

Taking a deep breath in, he stares at Jabbor with cold delight, and yells:

"Feel the power of his sacred utterance: 'MOTHERF***ERRRRRRRR!!!!!!'"

Attack vs. Fort [roll6]
Damage [roll7] thunder, and on a hit the target cannot take opportunity or immediate actions and is deafened. Both effects last until the foe's next turn.

Ardurious
2014-05-08, 09:37 AM
Czern narrows his eyes at the Arkhosian. "You're quite resilient, it seems," he fashions another psionic spike, aiming it a bit more carefully than his last, "It shames me that this is becoming a challenge."

The sight of the creature's blood brings a smile to Czern's lips. He takes an extra moment to savor the sight before launching his attack.

Mind Thrust (un-augmented) against the dragonborn
[roll0] vs. Will
[roll1] psychic damage on a hit

Move to N4

GPuzzle
2014-05-08, 12:31 PM
"Oh dear Lord, which soldier trained them? 7492? F*** it, no one's taking the leadership and that son of a bitch is gonna kill us all if I don't do anything fast."

Captain taps something in his arm, whistles very f***ing loudly, and waits for a few seconds.

Then he readies up another shot and fires and Jules, son of Jack.

Vicious Mockery!

[roll0] vs Will
[roll1] Psychic Damage
If hit, target takes a -2 to hit

And then he screams at the guy:
"WHO THE F*** ARE YOU? WHAT THE F*** DO YOU WANT WITH US? IF YOU DON'T TELL US WITHIN THE NEXT 30 SECONDS, MY FRIEND HERE (he points to Meandor) WILL SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE, AND IT WILL NOT BE PRETTY!"

The whistle and the tap? He's calling his airship, like the end of the Blood Runs in the Family Arc (the Tarquin Arc in OotS).

herodofcows
2014-05-10, 05:24 PM
The gnome blinks into invisibility as the Captain's attack skitters into his mind, only to reappear in his face with another smack o' the pick.

Damage on a hit: [roll1] + [roll2]

The robed gnome yells in reply, chest puffed out proudly:

"WE SHALL AWAKEN JULES, SON OF JACK, THAT HE MAY WALK THE EARTH LIKE UNTO A CANE!

cavalieredraghi
2014-05-11, 12:33 AM
Sora Brushes the blood away from her lip, after this Wyrmling's hit. That hurt. she states calmly, as she raises her blade hopeing to finish this fool off.

attack: enfeebling strike
[roll0]
[roll1]
same as before on effects,
only if subject dies will she shift to the gnome behind her.

shamgar001
2014-05-11, 01:05 AM
Jabbor holds a hand to his ear and winces with the pain of the deafening yell. "A big voice to come from such a short blighter, wot? Quiet down, old chap, or our compatriots won't hear my pretty concerto!" The banjo on his back plays louder as he steps in for another attack.

He swings his keen blade at the gnomes head. The gnome prepares to counter, but Jabbor suddenly blinks out of view, only to be replaced by a fierce-looking owlbear! Jabbor's blade makes contact from another angle, punctuated by a very loud, very dissonant chord, which dazes the short man.

Let's try this again.

Standard action: MBA against BAMF Gnome

Hit: Use Lesser Dimentional Step to teleport Jabbor to H8 and Whittaker to H7. [roll1] damage, and the target is dazed (save ends). In addition, Sora gains a +2 bonus to her next attack.

Disruptive words: Enemies in the aura grant combat advantage.
Also, anyone can spend a minor action to spend a healing surge an regain 1d6 hp. (One use remaining)

shamgar001
2014-05-11, 01:26 AM
Pleased that his technique had worked, Jabbor follows it up with some choice words.

"Looks like your defense came up short that time."

Action Point!
Standard action: Vicious Mockery against BAMF gnome

Attack vs. Will: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1] psychic damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of his next turn.

herodofcows
2014-05-12, 12:45 AM
The BAMF gnome reels under Jabbor's melodic beating, muttering many curses beginning with "mother" and ending in a descriptive noun.

The dragonborn, seeing himself close to death, decides to book it away from Sora, shifting defensively back and then running around the cart and towards the pit.

The dragonborn double-moves (shift away from Sora, and then run)

Azktor
2014-05-13, 01:21 PM

Meandor sends another bolt toward the Dragonborn that is running away.

Minor: Nothing

Move: Only if necessary to get closer to hit, but since it is range 20 I SHOULD be fine.

Standard: Disheartening Strike Attack vs AC on the Dragonborn [roll0] (-2 for the Wind; +2 from alone and unafraid); Damage [roll1] + [roll2] (Hunter's Quarry). Also on hit the dragonborn will get a -2 penalty to attack Until the End of My next turn (due to Rattling)

herodofcows
2014-05-13, 10:10 PM
The BAMF gnome swings into Jabbor with a vicious slash of a glowing green dagger.

Damage on hit: [roll1] acid damage.

Save for Dazed: [roll2]

"FLEE INTO THE PROVIDENCE OF JULES SON OF JACK, NOBLE BRIMLEYSHANKS! I SHALL BUY YOU TIME!"

The Dragonborn grunts an affirmative, bleeding profusely as he staggers away with Meandor's new arrow in his side.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/147eQzoEeGQEET3mq40WdnFBMBtRmLzW7udUF5LTLJOI/edit#gid=0)

Creed
2014-05-18, 03:11 PM
Danforth reels, steps back and then opens his mouth, uttering a single word that echoes through the small space between him and the gnome, issuing forth with an almost physical presence, composed of such alien sounds that it is nearly impossible to believe such a word exists, much less that the unassuming man is issuing it forth.

Shift to W2

Attack Gnome in U2 with Dreadful Word

To Hit:
[roll0] versus Will

Damage:
[roll1] Psychic damage

Extra Damage from Warlock's Curse:
[roll2]

If I hit, the Gnome takes a -4 penalty to Will defense until the end of my next turn.

herodofcows
2014-05-19, 12:03 AM
The gnome guffaws and Danforth's strange syllables, following up with yet another smack of the pick.

Move: Shift 5 feet over to Danforth

Minor: N/A

Standard: Attack vs. AC: [roll0]
Damage on hit: [roll1]

GPuzzle
2014-06-01, 04:19 PM
"Ah, f*** it, we need to take the son of a bitch down."

Captain's gonna move to L4 (yes, he will provoke an OA).

"HEY, YOU BIG-HEADED WANKER, TELL US WHY ARE YOU ATTACKING US, OR WE WILL BEAT THAT OUT OF YOU!"

He waits a little, and shouts again.

"TIME'S UP!"

Direct the Strike, Jabbor makes the attack.

Cavalier, you're next.

shamgar001
2014-06-01, 04:39 PM
The gnome is distracted for a moment, and Jabbor takes advantage of the opening.

MBA against BAMF Gnome
Hit: [roll1] damage, and Sora gains a +2 power bonus to her next attack before the end of my next turn.

cavalieredraghi
2014-06-01, 09:28 PM
You are not getting away from me that easily. As Sora takes off after the Dragonborn, and swing her holy blade at him on more time.

Moves to J9 after the Dragonborn,

then Charges the Dragonborn, ( i don't know it this is a standard action or i need to action point for this so please tell me.) attack: enfeebling strike [roll0]
damage [roll1]

shamgar001
2014-06-01, 10:22 PM
Jabbor builds on his momentum and continues to dance around the gnome, nicking and slashing at any opening.

"Haha! Take that you blighter!"

Standard action: MBA against BAMF Gnome
Attack vs. AC: [roll]1d20+12
Hit: [roll0] damage, and Sora gets another +2.

herodofcows
2014-06-01, 11:32 PM
The robed gnome gasps as Jabbor's attack bloodies him, ripping into the robes and leaving a deep and pronounced gash.

The Dragonborn turns, and gives him a despairing look. The gnome looks back, horrified.

"BRIMLEYSHANKS!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!"

It is too late. The dragonborn ceases to retreat, and instead recklessly charges on the off chance of helping the gnome, even as he gives Sora the opening she requires to end him.

Cavalier! Opportunity attack!
Dragonborn (attempted) charge vs. Jabbor's AC: [roll0]
Damage on hit: [Roll]1d8+3[/roll[

Azktor
2014-06-07, 01:04 PM

Meandor keeps the pressure over the Dragonborn.

Standard: Disheartening Strike Attack vs AC on the Dragonborn [roll0]; Damage [roll1] + [roll2] (Hunter's Quarry). Also on hit the dragonborn will get a -2 penalty to attack Until the End of My next turn (due to Rattling)

herodofcows
2014-06-07, 02:35 PM
Between the drow's arrows and Sora's blows, Brimleyshanks the dragonborn falls flat on his face. He is dead.

The gnome gives a high-pitched shriek of despair, which turns into a roar of rage.

"YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME?!?!?"

And then, hoooo boy! Does he let it rip!

MOTHERF***ERRRRRRR!!!! he shrieks, backing into the pit and leaping in.

Attacks are all vs. Fortitude

vs. Jabbor: Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1] and target is deafened/cannot take immediate or opportunity actions until the end of the gnome's next turn

vs. Whittaker: : Attack [roll2] Damage [roll3] and target is deafened/cannot take immediate or opportunity actions until the end of the gnome's next turn

The gnome then runs into the pit.

Danforth is next.

Creed
2014-06-07, 03:07 PM
Danforth

Danforth stumbles back again, grasping his side,

"Quit doing that!" he yells, before whipping his stave towards the gnome, calling down a silvery beam of light from the sky.

Shift to X2

Attack the Gnome with Dread Star:

To Hit:
[roll0] v. Will

Damage:
[roll1] radiant damage, and the target is immobilized until the end of my next turn, and suffers a -2 penalty to Will saves.

Warlock's Curse damage:
[roll2]

If miss, the target is slowed until the end of my next turn, and half damage.

shamgar001
2014-06-07, 03:56 PM
Jabbor and Whittaker are both effected by the gnome's vocal onslaught.

We're both down. -5 hp for Jabbor.

GPuzzle
2014-06-07, 04:59 PM
"F***."

Captain runs towards Jabbor and Whittaker.

"Can anyone keep them from dying? I need to rest to find a way through this, and we just can't spend time."

herodofcows
2014-06-08, 12:25 PM
"Doin' what?" the gnome cackles, going in for another swing, "Kicking yer manky a**?!?"

He punctuates this with another swing of his pick, for reference.

Move up to Danforth

[roll0] vs. AC
Damage on hit [roll1]

herodofcows
2014-06-15, 12:51 AM
MEANWHILE, the other gnome charges Meandor, swinging his pick with evil intent.

[roll0] vs. AC

Gpuzzle is next!

GPuzzle
2014-06-15, 04:55 AM
"Sora, to Danforth! Now!"

He thens turns to the gnome who's currently harassing Meandor:

"Fight someone your size!"

And he starts moving towards the gnome (move to K3)

[roll0] vs Will

[roll1] Psychic damage

If it hits, Gnome takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.

cavalieredraghi
2014-06-17, 11:37 PM
Sora runs over to Jabbor and lays hands on him. trying to help him back to his feet. then starts to examine Whittaker.

move action to Jabbor

then Minor for lay of hands on Jabbor

Heal check on Whittaker
[roll0]

shamgar001
2014-06-20, 12:29 PM
Jabbor shakily stands up. "Thank you, m'gel. I'll be right at rain in no time, thanks to you. Now where did sir featherbutt go?"

A shimmer appears in the air and Whittaker's head appears from within his demiplanar hiding place. "Whittaker, get back over here, you great lump!" Whittaker shakes his head and retreats back into the shimmer, which then disappears. "What a coward! Ever since he was an owlet. He even faints at the sight of blood! Flippin' strange trait for a ferocious beast, wot? I remember this one time when he..."

Jabbor's voice trails off has he moves toward the remaining enemies, chattering to no one in particular.

With my aura back up, enemies within 5 squares of me grant combat advantage.

Move action: Stand
Minor action: Reactivate skald's aura
Standard action: charge to L2, attack gnome in L1

Hit: [roll1] damage.

herodofcows
2014-06-24, 01:27 AM
From within the pit, you hear a rumbling, and the gnome incanting in strange syllables. Arcana Checks for all!

shamgar001
2014-06-24, 12:45 PM
Arcana check: [roll0]

cavalieredraghi
2014-06-24, 01:22 PM
Arcana check [roll0]

GPuzzle
2014-06-24, 01:41 PM
Rolling for Arcana!

1d20+10

GPuzzle
2014-06-24, 01:44 PM
And because the forum roller hates my guts deeply:

[roll0]

EDIT: Holy moley, that's a natural 20!

Creed
2014-06-25, 07:41 PM
Arcana Check:
[roll0]

herodofcows
2014-06-26, 03:21 AM
. . . it would seem that the gnome is attempting to call a named weapon. Something called a Windu?

It's some kind of summoning spell. Beyond that, you don't know.

It's a summoning spell, and yet more: considering the nature and origins of your powers, you know from summoning spells. This one reaches across planes, true, but somehow it crosses time as well? It's tapping into something bright and growling and powerful . . . and you've got 10 seconds to disrupt it.

The gnome is summoning one of 4 Great Presences (and yes, they're so badass that they merit capitalization) somewhere within the multiplanar folds. Most bizarre is the fact that the spell is reaching through time AND dimensions. You have about 10 seconds to disrupt the spell before it's complete.

As to what it's summoning . . . Jules, son of Jack is clearly a being of great power and rage, and one that hungers for something that goes by many names . . .

Danforth!

GPuzzle
2014-06-26, 10:02 AM
"The 4 Great Presences are being summoned, and I'm not doing that? NOT WHILE I LIVE!"

And Captain jumps into the pit, shotgun-sniper rifle-telescope-staff thingamagig readied up in his hands.

((Something that goes by many names? What that'd be, History? Or Streetwise? Or something similar?))

Creed
2014-06-26, 04:55 PM
Danforth's eyes widen in terror, and, for a brief moment, he freezes in panic.

The unknown, reaching out from the bowels of the pit. A fear that reflected his own past. Whatever was down there, it was something of great danger.

And great power.

Danforth exhaled, and shouted to the group before taking off running, towards the edge of the pit.

"Try to stop it from here, I have an idea!"

Double Move, starting by moving to Y3, then diagonally down to Q11.

Then off the side of the pit, into P12.

Unfortunately, all this will be rather anticlimactic if the gnome kills me with an attack of opportunity.

herodofcows
2014-06-28, 01:38 AM
Damage [roll1]

Danforth's erstwhile opponent tries to follow him into the pit, but his stubby little gnome legs don't allow him to keep up. Meanwhile, the second gnome gives out a wordless shriek and attacks Jabbor like an animal (albeit one skilled in the use of a pick).

Attack vs. AC: [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Meanwhile, Danforth has made it into the pit, which turns out to be more of a stratigraphically-layered bowl than anything else. Every layer has been carved into perfectly-cut squares, turning the whole thing into a giant pair of steps more than anything else. Various corpses are scattered along the area. They look fresh.

Within, the gnome ringleader has his hands raised and ensconced in purple light. He is incanting steadily before what appears to be a translucent red rock on a purple dais or platform. Within the rock, there appears to be something or someONE stirring. Words emanate from within, but the wind is making it hard to hear precisely.