PDA

View Full Version : Undead World IC

zingbobco000
2014-03-31, 10:56 PM
@Everyone: You don't really remember much out of your childhood but you knew about your world. Keep to the paths and cities and you'll be safe. The undead have taken over many areas of control in your world. (You can make knowledge checks to determine more about random stuff.)

Spoiler Alert: This isn't all undead guys, just wanted you to know. Also, it's going to be somewhat like the walking dead, but IN DND!

@Never
Kylan had journeyed throughout the badlands towards Chuj a town where you hope to restock for your next journey, you travel just off the paths that connect the cities. You know that if you journey too far you'll become one of them . You shudder at the thought. The obvious choice would then be to take the path that is protected by the consistent continual flames of warding. (copyrighted by zingbobco000 jk) Though if you went on the paths you would be persecuted for what you are. A sorcerer. Sorcerers in this land are persecuted by regular townsfolk who call it "whichcraft" or "dark magic" though you know this to be the opposite. You use your abilities to help people, and the people who you help will always take your side once they see the true nature of the so-called "witchcraft." Not wanting to get beaten up or eaten alive, you decided to stand close to the path but not close enough that people walking along the path could generally see you, and far enough that the undead can't come close to you. Your journey eventually takes you to a small blockade of 2 people with hoods. 1 wields a sword while the other wields a bow. They seem to be robbing the merchants and townsfolk who come along this road. One of the townsfolk who looks half-dead jumps up and tries to hold one of the bandits down while he yells to a women and a child who you assume to be his wife and child begin to run away from the blockade. The bandit hits down the man and he falls, dead. The archer then raises his bow at the escapees and shoots the child, but misses the women. The child also falls, dead.

@Angry
You are in the town of Chuj, you only arrived in this town three days ago but you can see what the rising swarms of undead have done to this town. The once filled houses are no empty shutters are leaning of their hinges. The town's once booming population is now only a measly amount of 124. You hope to help in any way that you can healing the wounded and making sure that their food and drink is ok to eat. You have been a great help over the past few days, and it shows. People smile when you pass them and it seems like you get a bit more ale whenever you order at the bar. At this moment you are healing a child who was hit by a zombie in the last attack, and is showing signs of sickness. You suddenlly hear the bells ringing and a loud noise "The undead are coming! The undead are coming!" You hear the sounds of heavy footsteps as the men arm themselves with weapons and armor. Suddenly you hear a groaning noise and the door to your room is thrown open. A zombie walks in followed by another zombie.

@Panoramic
You've lived in the town of Chuj for a year now. And watched as it's population dwindled from around 600 to 124 you awake late and take your daily dose of beer and wipe your beard. You take your weapon and begin go outside and begin to practice with it. You hear the warning bell and some random man yelling something about zombies coming. You don your armor, grab your axe, and run outside. You see two zombies coming towards you and you begin to run towards them with your greataxe.

@Untarr
You are walking towards a city called Chuj, but as you are walking you see four kobolds who seem to be attacking some merchant's and their wagon. The kobolds are proding the merchant with their spears. Snapping at him in some language that neither you nor the merchant seem to understand. This only enrages the kobold more and the kobold prods the merchant more vigorously with his spear.

AngryCyc
2014-04-01, 06:46 AM
Initiative [roll0]

Simon looks up, then quickly back down to the child he was attending to. He casts a spell on the child (hide from undead) and tells him to remain still and quiet while he deals with this. He then hurries over to the furthest back corner of the room and hopefully putting some obstacles between him and the zombies so that they won't be able to charge him, hoping to buy himself a few seconds to act before the zombies can reach him.

pan0ramic
2014-04-01, 06:57 AM
Garrick

Initiative [roll0]

Garrick stifles a beery burp as he raises his battleaxe. Contempt fills his thoughts as he reflects upon those he's already lost to the undead scourge. Put into an all too easy rage, he charges towards the closest zombie. Not today, rot brain!

HP 18/18 (16 after rage), AC12 (14 after the charge, 16 after rage)
Str +5 (/w +2 from rage) BAB +1

attack [roll1]
damage if hit [roll2]

Untarr
2014-04-01, 07:08 AM
Doesn't the world have enough problems?

Uther quietly unwraps the worn-out shortbow off his back. It appears to have more than its fair share of dings and splinters in it. The wood is worn smooth where his hand grasps it. He draws an arrow from his quiver and sets it against the string. Shirtless, his muscles visibly tighten as he grips the bow. Raising it slightly, he yells out to the kobolds.

Hey! Best to move on, this is not a fight either one of us wants to have.

Intimidate [roll0]

Initiative (If intimidate fails) [roll1]

zingbobco000
2014-04-01, 09:02 AM
@Untarr
The kobolds look up at you and ignore your words as they cannot understand them. But when you draw your bow they do understand you.
You auto go first, on a roll of 20 I couldn't have passed you.

@Angry
[roll0]. You are slow to act. Continuing to stare at the child even after the zombies come to the door.

@Pan
[roll1] You run up to the undead. Your axe drawn and you slice at one of the zombies. It is almost completely cut in half but still stays alive, well... Dead thanks to some tendrils of undead flesh.

- - - Updated - - -

@Angry ONLY!
Continuation of last post: So slow, that the zombies manage to charge you and then attack!
ATK RL Z1: [roll0]
DMG RL Z1: [roll1]
ATK RL Z2: [roll2]
DMG RL Z2: [roll3]

Also, your lore checks achieve:
Knowledge (History): The great cities of Fer (this world) have been beacons for driving away the undead who populate the badlands. The capital of this land is called Tij-ik. It is a beacon of hope for every non-undead race. For Pelor, the great sun god has chosen it to be rull of life and light. Granting divine casters there many great spells to cast off the undead. But there was a war, the great dead war, in which many undead and living were destroyed. The battle lasted 20 years. With no side giving up. Finally the humans killed a great necromancer, who seemed to be controlling a large part of the army. After he fell a majority of the undead turned to dust and were destroyed. That battle quickly turned after that, and the living won. 22 years later, the undead are rising again, something has got them rising again, as stronger undead are coming to the rising from the dead.
Knowledge (Local) There are rumors of a great necromancer rising up in the center of the badlands. He is so powerful that he can create undead with the flick of an eye. Of course, these are just rumors, so you don't actually know completely. Though, you heard from one of the mayors of a town that you were traveling through that the necromancer is raising an army of undead to destroy the living.
Knowledge (Planes) The viel between the shadowfell and the material world is thin. It can be easily crossed into by skilled casters. If it continues to converge on the world like this the shadowfell and the material plane will become one, thus becoming materfell.
Knowledge (Religion) Pelor, the sun god gave the power of turning undead to clerics and some other divine casters. He progressed to create a spell and share it with Boccob god of magic, who in turn gave it to wizards and sorcerers alike. The spell was Continual Flame of Warding Sor/Wiz 3. It creates a light that lasts for 2 hr./level that undead up to 5 HD cannot come w/in a radius of 10 ft. Pelor then became worshiped by almost everyone, and most towns have a shrine to Pelor as well as another patron god.

@Pan
The zombie who you just slashed at tries to slam into you while another one also does the same.
ATK RL Z1: [roll4]
DMG RL Z1: [roll5]
ATK RL Z2: [roll6]
DMG RL Z2: [roll7]

AngryCyc
2014-04-01, 09:57 AM
Simon narrowly dodges the blows of the zombies, using his preternatural knowledge to predict where they would aim. He steps deftly out of their reach and casts a hide from undead spell on himself so that he might escape these monsters.

zingbobco000
2014-04-01, 10:01 AM
@Angry
The zombies look confusedlly at the man who just vanished from thin air. They then just stand there... :smalltongue:

AngryCyc
2014-04-01, 10:06 AM
Simon grabs the child, sneaks around the confused undead, and makes his way out of his room, shutting the door behind him. He quickly surveys the scene around him, particularly looking and listening for anyone fighting undead, or a safe place for the kid to be stashed while he readies a defense.

zingbobco000
2014-04-01, 10:18 AM
@Angry
I think that requires a move silently check?

But anyway, you find a small cupboard large enough to hold the child, and you stow him in there, meanwhile. You hear beating doors behind you as the undead try to break it down. They do, and they then begin to walk towards your general direction.

pan0ramic
2014-04-01, 10:31 AM
Somewhat shaken from the zombie attack, Garrick steadies himself and swing again attempting to finish off the first zombie.

HP 9/18 (16 after rage), AC14 (16 after rage)
Str +5 (/w +2 from rage) BAB +1

attack [roll0]
damage if hit [roll1]

zingbobco000
2014-04-01, 10:50 AM
@Pan
You just barely miss the zombie. It then tries to once again slam you, so does its friend.

ATK RL Z1: [roll0]
ATK RL Z2: [roll2]
DMG RL Z2: [roll3]

AngryCyc
2014-04-01, 10:58 AM
Gotta find some allies... Simon thinks, as he rushes down the hall trying to make his way outside. He calls out along the way shouts of "Hello? Anyone around? ... sound off if you are around! looking for some other fighters to assist, trusting his spell to keep his shouts from falling on dead ears. If he finds no one, he eventually makes his way outside and looks around.

Trying to foremost find other allies to fight with, even if they're already fighting other things. Simon is not a solo fighter, especially against things he could only reliably damage on a critical hit :smalleek:

Untarr
2014-04-01, 11:38 AM
Round 1

Flurry of Blows full attack action. Target kobolds in order as I kill them from closest to furthest.

[roll0] Attack 1
[roll1] Damage 1

[roll2] Attack 2
[roll3] Damage 2

Uther sighs as he pulls the bow. Senseless...

His hands a blur, Uther looses two arrows at the kobolds.

zingbobco000
2014-04-01, 03:17 PM
@Untarr

Both arrows fly off target and the kobolds see them. As they do 2 of them draw their slings while the other two charge at you with their spears. Flanking you to gain an advantage.

ATK RL K1: [roll0]
ATK RL K2: [roll1]
ATK RL K3: [roll2]
ATK RL K4: [roll3]
DMG RL K1: [roll4]
DMG RL K2: [roll5]
DMG RL K3: [roll6]
DMG RL K4: [roll7]

Untarr
2014-04-01, 05:54 PM
[roll0] Full round of running away provoking two attacks of opportunity. Going to move full 120' away from the kobolds along the road.

Uther grimaces as the kobolds attacks strike home.

That was unexpected. I need to get away before they kill me...

Uther turns and starts to run.

Nevershutup
2014-04-01, 06:39 PM
Kylan, in rage, rushes within range of his magic missle attack, and launches it at the bandit with the bow.

[roll0]

zingbobco000
2014-04-01, 09:48 PM
Kylan, in rage, rushes within range of his magic missle attack, and launches it at the bandit with the bow.

[roll0]

The missle strikes home (as it normally does) and hits the bandit square in the chest. It's not dead though, and seems to still have a lot of life in it. Roll initiative. The bandits now seem to focus on you though, and as they do that a man comes out of the bushes, he is a man dressed in heavy armor with a halberd. He tries to strike the bandit. Initiative:[roll0]

[roll0] Full round of running away provoking two attacks of opportunity. Going to move full 120' away from the kobolds along the road.

Uther grimaces as the kobolds attacks strike home.

That was unexpected. I need to get away before they kill me...

Uther turns and starts to run.

As uther turns away from the kobolds, he sees a man in scale mail. With a crossbow and a longsword. Who draws his sword at the kobolds. [roll1]

----

Simon hears the voice of a man. And as Simon looks closer he sees a man clad in studded leather with a rapier and a shortbow. "Are you, are you undead?"

----

Garrick feels a soft touch on his back and feels. The strength returns to his body and he feels better. As he turns around he sees a human clad in scale mail with spears.

Nevershutup
2014-04-01, 10:09 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Action: When it comes to be Kylan's turn, he will cast Mage Armor on himself, and run towards the bandits (sticking behind his new found meat shield, of course), stopping if he comes within 30ft. (How far away are they?)

Untarr
2014-04-01, 10:10 PM
Round 3

Uther's eyes widen as he notices the new combatant.

Your arrival is most fortuitous, friend!

Uther turns about and redraws his bow.

Uther starts 120' away. Use a double move to get to 60'.
Uther (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=759323)
M LG Human Monk (Zen Archer), Level 1, Init +6, HP 7/13, Speed 30
AC 16, Touch 16, Flat-footed 14, CMD 18, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 0
Unarmed Strike +2 (1d8+2, 20/x2)
Short Bow (Standard Attack) (30 Normal, 5 Cold Iron) +2 (1d6, 20/x3)
Short Bow (Flurry) (30 Normal, 5 Cold Iron) +1/+1 (1d6, 20/x3)
(+2 Dex, +4 Misc)

zingbobco000
2014-04-01, 10:18 PM
@Untarr
"Yes, now just help me with the *grunt* kobolds.

@Never
You are around 60 ft. away from them, while your ally is 20 ft. away from them.

zingbobco000
2014-04-01, 10:43 PM
Kobold initiative: [roll0]

pan0ramic
2014-04-01, 10:45 PM
Relieved to see a friendly face Garrick exclaims: Ho there! Help me send these back to the grave....again

And then takes another swing at the weakened zombie

Garrick (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=831976)
M NG Dwarven Barbarian, Level 1, Init +7, HP 5/18 (+2 from rage), Speed 30
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 19, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +1, CMB +6, BAB +1
Great Axe +6 (1d12+7, 20/x3)
Club (2H) +6 (1d6+7, 20/x2)
Short Bow (20 normal) +4 (1d6, 20/x3)

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

AngryCyc
2014-04-02, 06:52 AM
"No, as you can tell I'm quite living. Quickly, come with me though! There are at least two zombies inside!" Simon says urgently to the man. He starts hurrying back inside to where he saw the first two zombies, and further tells them man "I've cast a spell on myself hiding me from the undead. They won't be able to see me unless I attack them. What's your name? Are you injured, or are you able to fight? With some team work we should be able to take advantage of this spell and get an edge on putting these abominations down for good!"

He makes his way inside, leading in front of the man so that he can be on the lookout for any sort of ambush waiting for someone not cloaked from undead senses.

zingbobco000
2014-04-02, 09:10 AM
@Pan
I forgot about this: The healing spell gives you [roll0] HP restored. Your greataxe slices the head off of the zombie. and it flies into a window and you hear shrieking. The last zombie then goes over to you and tries to slam into you.

If zombie hits and damage dealt is more than 5: You feel the healing touch once again on your back.

If zombie misses: The cleric who was standing behind you moves over so that he can strike the zombie with reach.

@Angry
The human gets up and draws his rapier. "I am Huno Marlkey. I can fight but when I heard the warning bells I hid like a coward." He wipes his eyes. "I shall make it up to you by helping you! I can fight well enough and I have some small but useful spells. Where did you say the undead were again?" Huno then follows your lead. As you turn the corner you see the shadows of two zombies heading down a hallway and the sound of a small child screaming "HELP!!!"

AngryCyc
2014-04-02, 09:30 AM
"Huno, one act of fear does not a coward make. Of course hiding is a natural response to these monsters. But now is the time to protect the others who are in danger. Do you have anything other than that rapier? It won't do much against the many layers of flesh these zombies have... even a small dagger would do better. Anything that can easily slash through their decaying flesh."

Rounding the corner and hearing the cries for help, Simon rushes ahead. Using his brief invisibility from the undead to his advantage, he rushes to the other side of them and begins calling out advice to Huno: :There Huno! Charge this one here where it is exposed! Your blade should be able to easily slip past its defenses!"

Bear with me here because this is sort of weird, but despite the undead having no idea I'm there, I still technically provide flanking bonus for Huno. Additionally I don't have to ATTACK them in order to use the Aid Another action, so it doesn't break my spell hiding me from them. I guess it makes sense if I'm looking at their flank and calling out aid, but I fully admit it's weird and is an example of the rules not living up to how physics should work. Yet that's what the rules allow.

So we have flanking bonus for Huno, +2. Aid Another for another +2 as long as this roll is above a 10 [roll0]

And initiative if that's needed [roll1] though my actions will be the same regardless of when I go.

One final note, I do have the Misfortune revelation and will be most likely using that on Huno or the Zombies depending on what their rolls are, so be prepared for that to change.

zingbobco000
2014-04-02, 09:52 AM
@Pan
Here are the rolls:
Rolls for Pan: ATK RL Z1: [roll0]

If zombie misses:
ATK RL A1 (the cleric): [roll2]
DMG RL A1: [roll3] DARN YOU DAMAGE REDUCTION

If zombie hits and damage dealt is more than 5:
CLW: [roll4] HP healed

@Angry
"Well, I have my bow, and a whip. I don't think those will help that much either." Huno sees the undead as well and charges at them with his rapier drawn.
ATK RL S1: [roll5]
DMG RL S1: [roll6] DARN YOU DAMAGE REDUCTION
"I think I would do better with my bow though." (with his bow he deals 1d6-3 vs. 1d6-5)

AngryCyc
2014-04-02, 10:00 AM
"Yes but you tried. Maybe shooting at them will be better for you. Let's see if we can't put a little LIFE back in these sacks of meat though!"

Simon reaches out and infuse positive energy into the undead in front of him. But instead, he misses entirely, holding the charge for his next chance instead.

Cure Light Wounds against a target that doesn't know I'm there, so flat footed touch AC without Dex [roll0]
And in case of a critical, confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3]

zingbobco000
2014-04-02, 10:06 AM
"Yes but you tried. Maybe shooting at them will be better for you. Let's see if we can't put a little LIFE back in these sacks of meat though!"

Simon reaches out and infuse positive energy into the undead in front of him. But instead, he misses entirely, holding the charge for his next chance instead.

Cure Light Wounds against a target that doesn't know I'm there, so flat footed touch AC without Dex [roll0]
And in case of a critical, confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3]

@ Angry
You get your foot snagged on the carpet and somewhat trip regaining your balence though. You are now visible to the undead. Now begins the regular round.
Initiative for Zs: [roll0]
Initiative for S: [roll1]

pan0ramic
2014-04-02, 10:15 AM
With renewed confidence from the cleric's blessing, Garrick narrows his eyes and swings at the remaining zombie

Garrick (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=831976)
M NG Dwarven Barbarian, Level 1, Init +7, HP 14/18 (+2 from rage), Speed 30
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 19, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +1, CMB +6, BAB +1
Great Axe +6 (1d12+7, 20/x3)
Club (2H) +6 (1d6+7, 20/x2)
Short Bow (20 normal) +4 (1d6, 20/x3)

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

zingbobco000
2014-04-02, 11:03 AM
@Pan
Your mighty blow finishes off the undead in one hit! You look down at yourself, you're covered in blood from where the zombies hit you but most of it is dry thanks to the cleric's spell. You gain 200 EXP

@Angry
One zombie looks at you now visible and tries to attack you while the other aims to attack Huno. Huno takes a small step backwards carefully then retreats from the battle and fires his bow at them.
Map:
x x x x x
x x S x x
x x Z Z x
x x x x x
x x x x x
x x x x x
x x x x x
x x H x x
A = Simon
Z = zombies
H = Huno

Huno takes 5-foot step backwards then moves 15 ft. back and shoots his bow.

ATK RL Z1 vs. S: [roll0]
Confirm: [roll1]
ATK RL Z2 vs. H: [roll2]
Confirm: [roll3]
DMG RL Z1: [roll4] For a total of 14, um...
DMG RL Z2: [roll5]

AngryCyc
2014-04-02, 11:27 AM
Simon changes the luck of the zombie using Misfortune.

new attack roll [roll0]

zingbobco000
2014-04-02, 11:45 AM
New attack roll for Z1: [roll0]
DMG: [roll2]

Vice Versa lol

AngryCyc
2014-04-02, 11:54 AM
Oh sorry I rolled it for you. I wasn't sure how you wanted to handle rerolls.

Hp is at 8 after this action.
Also, I don't think my little NPC rolled his bow attack yet?

Simon withdraws out of the reach of the zombies and uses the held cure spell on himself, and calls out "Keep shooting! Lets whittle them down while I try to keep them distracted!"

zingbobco000
2014-04-02, 02:31 PM
Oh sorry I rolled it for you. I wasn't sure how you wanted to handle rerolls.

Hp is at 8 after this action.
Also, I don't think my little NPC rolled his bow attack yet?

Simon withdraws out of the reach of the zombies and uses the held cure spell on himself, and calls out "Keep shooting! Lets whittle them down while I try to keep them distracted!"

Yeah, heh heh. I was busy, posting from my phone. And for some wierd reason I can't see rolls on it. But anyway:

Huno hears simon but doesn't say anything in response. Slightly unusual for a bard. Huno then let's an arrow fly at Z2.

zingbobco000
2014-04-02, 02:32 PM
Messed up on rolling

To hit: [roll0]

AngryCyc
2014-04-02, 03:17 PM
Simon takes a deep breath, and then sprints down the hall back towards Huno as fast as he can, being careful to skirt around the outside of the zombie's reach, and putting enough distance between him and them that the can't reach him with their slow shambling movement. Coming to rest next to Huno he says "Have courage again, brave Huno. We can best these two. Just keep firing and we will stay on the run ahead of their reach... they are much slower than us. And I will stay by your side to give you what aid I can!"

Judging by the fact that they can't move more than 30 ft, and we can always take run actions to move up to 120 feet away, we could either sit here and keep rolling this out, or speed things up ahead, whatever you'd prefer. But the entirety of the rest of this fight scene will consist of Huno shooting and moving 30 feet back away from the zombies, then me moving back with him and casting Guidance on him for a +1 bonus to hit with is arrows. And then repeat until he's out of ammo or the zombies are dead.

Unless something changes the battle, obviously.

zingbobco000
2014-04-02, 04:09 PM
Heh, let's change this battle up shall we.

Huno realizes that he stand a better chance of hitting the zombies if he could somehow distract them. An idea pops into his head as he drops his bow and a lute and begins to play a tune. Suddenly you hear a high pitched shriek and the zombies turn towards the origin of the noise.

(Huno casts ventriliquism in order to make the zombies flat-footed.)

AngryCyc
2014-04-02, 04:44 PM
Simon keeps casting Guidance on Huno.

zingbobco000
2014-04-02, 05:01 PM
The zombies are confused by the ventriloquism spell, so Hanu takes advantage of that and shoots Z2 again.

To hit: [roll0] +1
Confirm: [roll1] +1

Untarr
2014-04-02, 05:48 PM
Round 4

Uther draws his bow again, this time his eyes close in concentration a moment before he fires twice.

Use Perfect Strike (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/advancedFeats.html#_perfect-strike-%28combat%29)

Flurry of Blows
Arrow 1
[roll0] [Crit]
[roll1] (Perfect Strike Roll, Use higher of two rolls)
[roll2] DMG

Becomes 9 with Crit.

Arrow 2
[roll3]
[roll4] (Roll to Confirm)
[roll5] DMG

[B]Uther (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=759323)
M LG Human Monk (Zen Archer), Level 1, Init +6, HP 7/13, Speed 30
AC 16, Touch 16, Flat-footed 14, CMD 18, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 0
Short Bow (Standard Attack) (30 Normal, 5 Cold Iron) +2 (1d6, 20/x3)
Short Bow (Flurry) (30 Normal, 5 Cold Iron) +1/+1 (1d6, 20/x3)
(+2 Dex, +4 Misc)

zingbobco000
2014-04-02, 07:23 PM
Two kobolds fall face down as Uther shoots with his bow. The man looks over, seemingly impressed. The man then strikes at one of the kobolds with his sword.

To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll2]

-----

It's Simon's turn

-----

The meat shield guard draws his halberd then attacks the bandit with the sword.
To hit: [roll3]
Confirm: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Map:
x x B x x
x B G x x
x x x x x
x x x x x
x x x x x
x x x x x
x x x x x
x x x K x

AngryCyc
2014-04-02, 07:29 PM
Simon is doing nothing other than casting guidance every round on Huno while dancing around the zombies as he shoots them to death.

Untarr
2014-04-02, 08:36 PM
Round 5

Uther's teeth show on his face as both arrows strike true. Maybe today is not my day to die...

Running forward, Uther draws on the next two kobolds, letting loose another arrow.

Move 30' forward and shooting the kobold the man was swinging at.

[roll1] Confirm
[roll[1d6 DMG

Ren (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=759323)
M LG Human Monk (Zen Archer), Level 1, Init +6, HP 14/14, Speed 30
AC 16, Touch 16, Flat-footed 14, CMD 18, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +6, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 0
Short Bow (Standard Attack) (40) +2 (1d6, 20/x3)
Short Bow (Flurry) (40) +1/+1 (1d6, 20/x3)
(+2 Dex, +4 Misc)

Untarr
2014-04-02, 08:39 PM
Round 5

Uther's teeth show on his face as both arrows strike true. Maybe today is not my day to die...

Running forward, Uther draws on the next two kobolds, letting loose another arrow.

[roll1] Confirm
[roll[1d6 DMG

Miss-type, here is the damage roll.

[roll0] DMG

pan0ramic
2014-04-03, 01:53 AM
Garrick first turns to the cleric and offers his bloodied hand. Well met stranger. Thanks for coming to my aid, the name's Garrick.

After exchanging the greeting, Garrick inspects the clothing on the zombies and their faces to see if he recognizes anything (or anyone).

zingbobco000
2014-04-03, 09:54 AM
Garrick first turns to the cleric and offers his bloodied hand. Well met stranger. Thanks for coming to my aid, the name's Garrick.

After exchanging the greeting, Garrick inspects the clothing on the zombies and their faces to see if he recognizes anything (or anyone).

You don't recongize everyone but as you look around you see the dead bodies of a couple villagers who were lost to the undead assualt.

Miss-type, here is the damage roll.

DMG

Thank you! :smallbiggrin:

Round 5

[roll0]
[roll1] Confirm
[roll[1d6 DMG

Ren (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=759323)
M LG Human Monk (Zen Archer), Level 1, Init +6, HP 14/14, Speed 30
AC 16, Touch 16, Flat-footed 14, CMD 18, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +6, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 0
Short Bow (Standard Attack) (40) +2 (1d6, 20/x3)
Short Bow (Flurry) (40) +1/+1 (1d6, 20/x3)
(+2 Dex, +4 Misc)

You're now 40 ft. away from the kobolds. You hit the kobold with your arrow, it was distracted by the swordsman and the arrow pierces it's shoulder and the wound bleeds heavily. The kobold's not dead though. One kobold tries to stab the swordsman with his spear while the other tries to sling you. (You injured the won who's trying to stab the man.)

ATK RL K1 (Sling v. Untarr): [roll0]
DMG RL K1: [roll2]
ATK RL K2 (Spear v. Swordsman): [roll3]
DMG RL K2: [roll5]

Simon is doing nothing other than casting guidance every round on Huno while dancing around the zombies as he shoots them to death.

Hanu glances at a cabniet and as he looks closer he sees the glint of steel. Two daggers! He grabs one of them and charges the undead, then throws one to Simon.

ATK RL H V. Z2: [roll6]
Confirm: [roll7]
DMG RL H V. Z2: [roll8]
He uses dodge to gain a +1 dodge bonus vs. Z2

The zombies then attack Simon and Hanu

ATK RL Z1 V. S: [roll9]
Confirm: [roll10]
DMG RL Z1 V. S: [roll11]

ATK RL Z2 V. H: [roll12]
Confirm: [roll13]
DMG RL Z1 V. S: [roll14]

AngryCyc
2014-04-03, 02:18 PM
Simon drops the club he was wielding and instead prepares to use the dagger instead, he follows after Huno, but wastes time trying to equip the dagger properly and does not follow up an attack as well. However, he is in good position just behind Huno so that the 2 zombies can't charge at him.

Not enough actions for me to actually attack... since I need to drop one weapon, equip another, AND move in closer. However, the zombies won't be able to attack me at all so I'm okay with that. They can either attack Huno or waste a turn moving to attack me... but at least no more charges! :smallbiggrin:

zingbobco000
2014-04-03, 04:22 PM
You have foiled me again! NOOOO!!!

Huno then tries to stab the zombies with his dagger while one zombie progresses to attack Huno while the other moves up to you.

Huno attacks Z2
Z1 moves to Simon
Z2 Attacks Huno

ATK RL H V. Z2: [roll0]

ATK RL Z2 V. H: [roll3]
DMG: [roll5]

AngryCyc
2014-04-03, 04:29 PM
Luck once again fiddles with fate:
Misfortune on Z2 attack roll against Huno. New roll [roll0]

Simon takes a 5 ft step away from the zombie who moved up to him, over to the side of Huno where he can swipe at the already injured zombie.

Attacking Z2 [roll1]
Confirm [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
Crit damage [roll4]

Nevershutup
2014-04-03, 05:36 PM
Kylan gets within 30ft. and casts his Elemental Ray (1/7) at the bandit with the bow.

Attack Roll (Against Touch AC) [roll0]

zingbobco000
2014-04-03, 06:49 PM
Luck once again fiddles with fate:
Misfortune on Z2 attack roll against Huno. New roll [roll0]

Simon takes a 5 ft step away from the zombie who moved up to him, over to the side of Huno where he can swipe at the already injured zombie.

Attacking Z2 [roll1]
Confirm [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
Crit damage [roll4]

Everyone's vision swirls as Simon uses his spell. The zombie appears slightly more to the left then he was before and huno's attack finds it's mark. Simon's strike then slashes at rotting flesh. The zombies now seeing that the tide is somewhat turning against them try to make up for it by attacking.

Z1 moves to attack Simon
Z2 Attacks Simon (as he hit him harder)
Huno attacks Z2

DMG RL: [roll2]
I am under the impression that a dagger deals 19-20 *2 on a crit, not a bonus roll. Correct me if I'm wrong.

ATK RL Z2 V. S: [roll3]
DMG RL: [roll5]

zingbobco000
2014-04-03, 06:58 PM
Kylan gets within 30ft. and casts his Elemental Ray (1/7) at the bandit with the bow.

Attack Roll (Against Touch AC) [roll0]

The ray goes off target, missing the bandit. Kylan's new found ally then moves to attack the bandit with the sword using his reach.
ATK RL G V. B1: [roll0]

The bandit with the bow tries to shoot you. His friend engages in combat with the meat shield ally.
ATK RL B2 V. K: [roll3]

ATK RL B1 V. G: [roll6]
DMG: [roll8]

Nevershutup
2014-04-03, 07:17 PM
The ray goes off target, missing the bandit. Kylan's new found ally then moves to attack the bandit with the sword using his reach.

The bandit with the bow tries to shoot you. His friend engages in combat with the meat shield ally.
ATK RL B2 V. K: [roll3]

ATK RL B1 V. G: [roll6]
DMG: [roll8]

Kylan grunts in pain as the arrow penetrates his Mage Armor and hits him, and shoots a Volatile(from my trait, 1/day) Elemental Ray at the bandit with a bow.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Comfirm: [roll1]
Damage: 1d4+1d6 Kylan looks fearful as his ray misses, as he is nearly dead.

AngryCyc
2014-04-03, 07:58 PM
Kay about the crits, here's the relevant text:

"A critical hit means that you roll your damage more
than once, with all your usual bonuses, and add the rolls
together. Unless otherwise specified, the threat range for a
critical hit on an attack roll is 20, and the multiplier is ×2.
Exception: Precision damage (such as from a rogue’s
sneak attack class feature) and additional damage dice
from special weapon qualities (such as f laming) are not
multiplied when you score a critical hit."

Now on to this game. I have misfortuned Z1's roll, and Huno's roll, so they are both immune to it for 24 hours. So lets hope this last one on Z2 will actually prevent some damage! A little note about Misfortune however... It's very odd. It's one of the only meta-abilities in the game like it and it's very strange on how it operates. Simon doesn't actually DO anything. Hell, for all intents and purposes, neither simon not the people being affected would even know it was being used in character. Simon doesn't have to act, or be conscious, or anything.... It's not magic, it's not a spell, it's simply the entire rules of the universe bending around him at our(the players) discretion. Alright on to the actual reroll: misfortune on Z2 [roll0]. Looks like I'm hoping for under a 10 or so to prevent any damage!

Simon takes another 5 ft step dancing out of the reach of Z1 as he takes another slash at Z2!

Attack roll [roll1]
Confirm [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
Crit damage [roll4]

Untarr
2014-04-03, 08:04 PM
Flurry of Blows

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Confirm
[roll2] DMG
[roll3] Attack 2
[roll4] Confirm
[roll5] DMG

Uther ' s hand blur as he let's out two more arrows at the Kobolds.

pan0ramic
2014-04-04, 12:47 AM
You don't recognize everyone but as you look around you see the dead bodies of a couple villagers who were lost to the undead assault.

Garrick moves over to the villagers to see if he can tell how they died and if they might be infected.

zingbobco000
2014-04-04, 07:39 PM
Kay about the crits, here's the relevant text:

"A critical hit means that you roll your damage more
than once, with all your usual bonuses, and add the rolls
together. Unless otherwise specified, the threat range for a
critical hit on an attack roll is 20, and the multiplier is ×2.
Exception: Precision damage (such as from a rogue’s
sneak attack class feature) and additional damage dice
from special weapon qualities (such as f laming) are not
multiplied when you score a critical hit."

Now on to this game. I have misfortuned Z1's roll, and Huno's roll, so they are both immune to it for 24 hours. So lets hope this last one on Z2 will actually prevent some damage! A little note about Misfortune however... It's very odd. It's one of the only meta-abilities in the game like it and it's very strange on how it operates. Simon doesn't actually DO anything. Hell, for all intents and purposes, neither simon not the people being affected would even know it was being used in character. Simon doesn't have to act, or be conscious, or anything.... It's not magic, it's not a spell, it's simply the entire rules of the universe bending around him at our(the players) discretion. Alright on to the actual reroll: misfortune on Z2 [roll0]. Looks like I'm hoping for under a 10 or so to prevent any damage!

Simon takes another 5 ft step dancing out of the reach of Z1 as he takes another slash at Z2!

Attack roll [roll1]
Confirm [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
Crit damage [roll4]

The injured zombie looks as if he's about to become dead again, but so does Huno. (3 HP left, and not dead again, just dead.) But he still attacks the weakened zombie in hope of killing it. The zombies then try to hit Huno in order to kill him.

Rolls:
Crit DMG: [roll3]
If kill Z2 change dodge to Z1

ATK RL Z1 V. H: [roll4]
Confirm: [roll5]
DMG: [roll6]
Crit DMG: [roll7]

ATK RL Z2 V. H: [roll8]
Confirm: [roll9]
DMG: [roll10]
Crit DMG: [roll11] Well that was lucky, or Huno would have dead Human!

Updated Map:
x x x x x
x x x x x
x x Z Z x
x x H S x
x x x x x
x x x x x
x x x x x
x x x x x
A = Simon
Z = zombies
H = Huno

Flurry of Blows

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Confirm
[roll2] DMG
[roll3] Attack 2
[roll4] Confirm
[roll5] DMG

Uther ' s hand blur as he let's out two more arrows at the Kobolds.

Uther's shots miss the kobolds. The swordsman then continues to attack the evasive kobold with a spear. While the kobold with the spear tries to stab him and the one with the sling tries to shoot you.

Rolls:
ATK RL G V. K2: [roll12]
Confirm: [roll13]
DMG: [roll14]
Crit DMG: [roll15]

ATK RL K1 V. U: [roll16]
Confirm: [roll17]
DMG: [roll18] I think min dmg is 1?
Crit DMG: [roll19]

ATK RL K2 V. G: [roll20]
Confirm: [roll21]
DMG: [roll22]
Crit DMG: [roll23]

Garrick moves over to the villagers to see if he can tell how they died and if they might be infected.

As you get close you see that they were punched to death by a strong force (a zombie). They don't seem to be infected, as this is not the walking dead. But they do smell horrible.

Untarr
2014-04-05, 08:44 AM
http://paizo.com/prd/combat.html
Minimum Damage: If penalties reduce the damage result to less than 1, a hit still deals 1 point of nonlethal damage.

To think I almost ran from these...

Uther's flat face reveals no emotion as he continues to send a storm of arrows at the kobolds.

Flurry of Blows
[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Confirm
[roll2] DMG

[roll3] Attack 2
[roll4] Confirm
[roll5] DMG

pan0ramic
2014-04-05, 08:44 AM
Does Garrick see anything of use on the bodies? So no one is in trouble other than those tending to their wounds?

AngryCyc
2014-04-05, 09:17 AM
Simon takes another 5ft step around the right side of the zombie and gestures to Huno to do the same on the left side, so that they might both attack the zombie at the same time while flanking it, and then as soon as Huno gets in position, he slashes at the zombie again, AND MISSES!

So that's 5ft step, ready an action to attack once Huno is flanking with his own 5ft step, and then slash! ...assuming Huno moves over and flanks. If he doesn't, he sucks and I don't like him anymore. But here's the attack roll assuming he flanks:

Attack [roll0]
Confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3]

And since this battle is close to over, I'm going to save time and say that if the first attack roll misses, Misfortune on that roll so [roll4]. If first attack crits and the confirmation misses, then that misfortune roll goes for that. If they all hit, no Misfortune.

Edit: Well I guess that was a miss AND a wasted Misfortune.

zingbobco000
2014-04-05, 09:26 AM
http://paizo.com/prd/combat.html

To think I almost ran from these...

Uther's flat face reveals no emotion as he continues to send a storm of arrows at the kobolds.

Flurry of Blows
[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Confirm
[roll2] DMG

[roll3] Attack 2
[roll4] Confirm
[roll5] DMG

Your shots once again go off target. The swordsman after finishing off his opponent now turns his eyes towards the kobold with the sling who he attacks, the kobold drops his sling and draws his spear and tries to attack the guardsman.

Rolls: ATK RL G V. K1: [roll0]
Crit DMG: [roll]1d8+2[roll]

ATK RL K1 V. G: [roll3]
Conrim: [roll4]
Crit DMG: [roll6]

Does Garrick see anything of use on the bodies? So no one is in trouble other than those tending to their wounds?

Nobody seems to be in trouble helping other people, it doesn't seem to be contagious so nobody seems to be in trouble. Garrick sees some crude weapons such as clubs that the villagers were armed with but nothing of importance.

zingbobco000
2014-04-05, 09:33 AM
Simon takes another 5ft step around the right side of the zombie and gestures to Huno to do the same on the left side, so that they might both attack the zombie at the same time while flanking it, and then as soon as Huno gets in position, he slashes at the zombie again, AND MISSES!

So that's 5ft step, ready an action to attack once Huno is flanking with his own 5ft step, and then slash! ...assuming Huno moves over and flanks. If he doesn't, he sucks and I don't like him anymore. But here's the attack roll assuming he flanks:

Attack [roll0]
Confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3]

And since this battle is close to over, I'm going to save time and say that if the first attack roll misses, Misfortune on that roll so [roll4]. If first attack crits and the confirmation misses, then that misfortune roll goes for that. If they all hit, no Misfortune.

Edit: Well I guess that was a miss AND a wasted Misfortune.

Huno then moves to flank the zombie, and attacks it. The zombie retaliates and attacks Huno.

Rolls: ATK RL H V. Z1: [roll0]

ATK RL Z1 V. H: [roll]1d20+4/roll]
Crit DMG: [roll6]

pan0ramic
2014-04-05, 10:39 AM
Garrick moves back to the priest that helped him in battle. Do you know where these zombies are coming from? What's going on in this city! And I don't think I caught your name...

zingbobco000
2014-04-05, 10:55 AM
The priest turns towards you, "I am Christopher, Priest of Pelor, god of healing. The zombies seem to have been coming from the north. As we are a small town on the border, zombie attacks are more frequent in these parts. The city has tried it's best, but the capital is not sending any of it's reinforcements anymore and our numbers are dwindling from plague and undead attacks."

pan0ramic
2014-04-06, 06:19 AM
Well met Christopher! Is the plague related the zombies? Perhaps we should burn these bodies.

Untarr
2014-04-06, 08:55 AM
Uther relaxes as he straps the bow to his back. Picking his way through the kobolds, he tries to recover some of his arrows from the bodies. He also takes time to search them for anything of value. In the middle of his searches, he beings to speak to the other man

It is good that you came along when you did! I do not think I could have killed them on my own. Thank you!

zingbobco000
2014-04-06, 10:32 AM
Well met Christopher! Is the plague related the zombies? Perhaps we should burn these bodies.

"Good idea, I hadn't thought of that. The plague does seem to be at its worst whenever there is a zombie assualt." He then yells loudly: "Everyone! Burn the bodies of the undead!"

Uther relaxes as he straps the bow to his back. Picking his way through the kobolds, he tries to recover some of his arrows from the bodies. He also takes time to search them for anything of value. In the middle of his searches, he beings to speak to the other man

It is good that you came along when you did! I do not think I could have killed them on my own. Thank you!

"It is good, thankfully I arrived just in time to see the kobolds, are you continuing to the town?"

Untarr
2014-04-06, 10:50 AM
I was. We should see if the merchants will travel with us. Their is security in numbers. I am Uther, what is your name?

pan0ramic
2014-04-06, 10:50 AM
Garrick helps to pile what bodies are around him onto the fire. So what now Christopher? Any why to prevent more attacks?

zingbobco000
2014-04-06, 10:57 AM
Your ally then drops his halberd, and draws his flail and heaves his weapon to attack the bandit with the sword at closer range. The bandit with the sword then tries to hit the guard while the bowman throws a thunderstone at you in order to deafen you to stop you from spellcasting as well..

Rolls: ATK RL G V. B1: [roll0]

ATK RL B1 V. G: [roll4]

Make a fort save or be deafened (DC 15)

zingbobco000
2014-04-06, 11:16 AM
I was. We should see if the merchants will travel with us. Their is security in numbers. I am Uther, what is your name?

"I am jospeh, I was chosen to guard the outskirts of the town from things happening like this, if you believe that then you do that. But I have to continue patrolling, good bye fair Uther!" The guard walks off the path through the underbrush away. The merchants then begin to heave their wagons up and thank you for your brave deeds. One gives you a small token of his thankfulness, it is a small bag of coins, with 20 gold inside.

------
END OF ENCOUNTER!
You gain 200 EXP and 20 gold. You also collect 4 spears, 4 slings, and 4 pieces of leather armor which you can probobly sell in the small Thorp which you are traveling to.

Garrick helps to pile what bodies are around him onto the fire. So what now Christopher? Any why to prevent more attacks?

"No, because as you have stated to stop the plague from doing its worst just after an undead attack! I must care for the wounded, you can find me in the chapel if you require my services again."

Christopher leaves you to go to the chapel to help the wounded.

Nevershutup
2014-04-06, 11:23 AM
Fort Save: [roll0]

Assuming it fails, Kylan attacks with another Energy Ray (3/7).

Attack: [roll1] -2 if I fail the save
Crit Confirm: [roll2]
Damag: [roll3]

zingbobco000
2014-04-06, 11:36 AM
Your energy ray hits the bandit with the bow? Or the bandit with the sword? Please clarify.

Untarr
2014-04-06, 11:39 AM
Uther gathers the leftover spoils from the bodies and travels with the merchants towards the town of Thorpe. He leaves the slings on the bodies.

Nevershutup
2014-04-06, 11:43 AM
Your energy ray hits the bandit with the bow? Or the bandit with the sword? Please clarify.

Bandit with the bow, sorry.

zingbobco000
2014-04-06, 12:20 PM
Uther gathers the leftover spoils from the bodies and travels with the merchants towards the town of Thorpe. He leaves the slings on the bodies.

You arrive at the town to see that it is in ruins, there are some dead bodies on the ground and the walls have been somewhat destroyed and some houses torn down. You see people mourning for the loss of family and friends, and others trying to get people to the church.

Bandit with the bow, sorry.

Ok, thanks. Once again the guard tries to hit the bandit with the sword, the attack hits and the bandit dies, mauled by the guard's flail. He then moves into reach of the bowman. The bowman seeing that he is close to the guard moves away and then tries to shoot you once more, but his attack is off and he misses.

Rolls: ATK RL G V. B1: [roll0]

Potion: [roll4]

Take 5-foot step away from guard.
ATK RL B2 V. K: [roll5]
Confirm: [roll6]
DMG: [roll7]
Crit DMG: [roll8]
*3 Crit DMG: [roll9]

AngryCyc
2014-04-06, 12:27 PM
Hoping to end this battle as quickly as he can, Simon casts a cure light wounds spell to harm the zombie with!

Attack [roll0]
Confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3]

Nevershutup
2014-04-06, 12:30 PM
Kylan whoops in victory at the Bandit's death, and launches yet another Ray at the BWaB. (4/7)

And misses and blows up a nearby rock.

Attack: [roll0]
Crit Confirm: [roll1]

zingbobco000
2014-04-06, 12:34 PM
Simon touches the zombie that he is flanking and fills it with positive energy. The zombie becomes straight then does a non-human like form and then becomes normal again. That was a touch attack right? But you hit either way because you're flanking it so it's flat footed and it's a touch attack. Hanu then tries to stab the zombie with his dagger, hoping to finally kill it off as well but he misses. "We're almost there! I think it's almost dead!" The zombie then retaliates with a slam at Simon

Rolls:ATK RL H V. Z1: [roll0]

ATK RL Z1 V. S: [roll4]

AngryCyc
2014-04-06, 12:51 PM
Just barely dodging out of the way of the zombie, Simon also starts madly slashing at it to finish it off.

Attack [roll0]
Confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3]

zingbobco000
2014-04-06, 01:03 PM
The guard takes a step back, then charges the bowman. While the bowman drops his bow then draws his sword and engages with the guard.

Rolls: Use power attack

Drop Bow
Draw sword

Nevershutup
2014-04-06, 01:07 PM
The guard takes a step back, then charges the bowman. While the bowman drops his bow then draws his sword and engages with the guard.

Rolls: Use power attack

Drop Bow
Draw sword

Isn't drawing a weapon a standard action?

Kylan will just stand there now, trying not to fall over due to being deaf.

zingbobco000
2014-04-06, 01:19 PM
Isn't drawing a weapon a standard action?

Kylan will just stand there now, trying not to fall over due to being deaf.

No, it's a move equivalent action. That's sheathing a weapon.

Kylan does not fall over.

While Kylan is not falling over the bandit and the guard battle it out.

Rolls:ATK RL B1 V. G: [roll0]

Use power attack to get a -1 to atk and +3 to DMG
ATK RL G V. B1: [roll4]

The guards hefty blow kills the bandit outright. The battle is over.

-----
END OF ENCOUNTER!

You gain 200 EXP

You are still deaf so you can't hear anything. But you can see the guard moving his mouth making motions that state: "Who are you", "Where are you from", "Good job", "We should do that again" etc...

Eventually it wears off (DM ruling don't contradict) and you can hear again. He says "Hello, I am Gani a warden of the lands. I protect this land from people who wish to do harm. Thank you for helping me, I couldn't have done it without you. What is your name and where are you headed?"

Nevershutup
2014-04-06, 01:31 PM
No, it's a move equivalent action. That's sheathing a weapon.

Kylan does not fall over.

While Kylan is not falling over the bandit and the guard battle it out.

Rolls:ATK RL B1 V. G: [roll0]

Use power attack to get a -1 to atk and +3 to DMG
ATK RL G V. B1: [roll4]

The guards hefty blow kills the bandit outright. The battle is over.

-----
END OF ENCOUNTER!

You gain 200 EXP

You are still deaf so you can't hear anything. But you can see the guard moving his mouth making motions that state: "Who are you", "Where are you from", "Good job", "We should do that again" etc...

Eventually it wears off (DM ruling don't contradict) and you can hear again. He says "Hello, I am Gani a warden of the lands. I protect this land from people who wish to do harm. Thank you for helping me, I couldn't have done it without you. What is your name and where are you headed?"

"What?!! The bandit hit me with something! I'm Kylan Shimmerflame, Sorcerer." Kylan attempts to bow, and falls over. Missed the DM ruling part.

"I'm Kylan Shimmerflame, Sorcerer. I'm headed to <insert name of village I forgot>. Of course, I'm glad to help. Nice to meet you Gani.

zingbobco000
2014-04-06, 02:39 PM
"What?!! The bandit hit me with something! I'm Kylan Shimmerflame, Sorcerer." Kylan attempts to bow, and falls over. Missed the DM ruling part.

"I'm Kylan Shimmerflame, Sorcerer. I'm headed to <insert name of village I forgot>. Of course, I'm glad to help. Nice to meet you Gani.

"Very nice to meet you to as well Kylan. Ah, you are going Chuj, I have been there before. Maybe I can guide you, hopefully we don't encounter any of those sorcerer haters. You have saved me, so I in turn will save you if we come upon them." You walk off into the distance and after some time you begin to see smoke. As you go farther you arrive at the town to see that it is in ruins. There are some dead bodies on the ground and the walls have been somewhat destroyed and some houses torn down. You see people mourning for the loss of family and friends, and others trying to get people to the church. You also notice a caravan that seems almost untouched by this destruction.

Nevershutup
2014-04-06, 04:51 PM
"Oh no!" Kylan rushes towards the village (at 2hp, I might add, like any smart person would do.)

zingbobco000
2014-04-07, 01:03 AM
"Oh no!" Kylan rushes towards the village (at 2hp, I might add, like any smart person would do.)

As you run in your arrival seems noticed but is shrugged off as unimportant, nobody seems to take notice of you as they are caring for the wounded. You notice the caravan somewhat sticking out like a sore thumb though.

------

@Angry

Once again Hanu attacks, followed by a zombie attack on Hanu. Hanu's attack hits and the zombie falls down, dead, or well destroyed at last. I actually messed up, you guys killed him way before that heh.
Rolls: ATK RL H V. Z2: [roll0]

ATK RL Z1 V. H: [roll4]

-----
END OF ENCOUNTER!!!

You gain 200 EXP

You can now roleplay stuff. Hanu says: "Thank you for helping me, without you I wouldn't have had the courage to take on these, these monsters. You were a great teammate and I hope to help you again in any way that I can. For now though, I must get to the chapel, you should go there as well. There are some priests who may be able to heal you if all your spells have run out. And you could always pray there for more." Hanu begins to walk off. "Come on, follow me!" You see a change in Huno, no longer the coward you found hiding in the cabinet, he is now much braver and has more courage, he could grow to become an inspiring leader someday. Guess what I also forgot about, INSPIRE COURAGE!!! :smalltongue::smalltongue::smalltongue:

Untarr
2014-04-07, 05:50 AM
Uther moves amongst mourning and the the destruction addressing several people...

Excuse me, is there anything I can do to help?..."Might I be of some assistance"..."These bodies should be properly dealt with, does anyone know where the priest is?" At this final question, Uther notices people trying to get into the church. He heads there, picking his way through the crowd.

AngryCyc
2014-04-07, 06:29 AM
"Wait I think you're forgetting one thing!" Simon says, walking up and taking the dagger back out of Huno's hands and cleaning it off, as well as the one Simon had been using, and placing it back in the cabinet Huno had found it in. "Your courage is to be commended but let us not accidentally become thieves in our excitement at victory. Borrowing weapons in a time of distress is okay, but if we do not return them we may be endangering the proper owner. Give me one minute also... I need to recover the child I was tending to when we were attacked. I'll meet you over at the chapel. If you see any more threats, return here immediately and we shall face them together!"

With that Simon heads back to the cupboard he hid the child in and checks to make sure the kid is alright. Assuming his ten-minutes of invisibility from the undead had kept him safe, and barring any unforeseen circumstances along the way, Simon gathers the child up and heads to the chapel, making only a passing glance at the fallen zombies on the way out to see if there were any items of extreme import on their being.

Nevershutup
2014-04-07, 07:46 AM
Kylan raises an eyebrow, and walks over to the caravan. "What happened?" He asks at no one in particular

zingbobco000
2014-04-07, 04:55 PM
Uther moves amongst mourning and the the destruction addressing several people...

Excuse me, is there anything I can do to help?..."Might I be of some assistance"..."These bodies should be properly dealt with, does anyone know where the priest is?" At this final question, Uther notices people trying to get into the church. He heads there, picking his way through the crowd.

As you walk through you see more and more of the wounded and dying. You see many priests walking around trying to help the wounded.

"Wait I think you're forgetting one thing!" Simon says, walking up and taking the dagger back out of Huno's hands and cleaning it off, as well as the one Simon had been using, and placing it back in the cabinet Huno had found it in. "Your courage is to be commended but let us not accidentally become thieves in our excitement at victory. Borrowing weapons in a time of distress is okay, but if we do not return them we may be endangering the proper owner. Give me one minute also... I need to recover the child I was tending to when we were attacked. I'll meet you over at the chapel. If you see any more threats, return here immediately and we shall face them together!"

With that Simon heads back to the cupboard he hid the child in and checks to make sure the kid is alright. Assuming his ten-minutes of invisibility from the undead had kept him safe, and barring any unforeseen circumstances along the way, Simon gathers the child up and heads to the chapel, making only a passing glance at the fallen zombies on the way out to see if there were any items of extreme import on their being.

"yes, thank you for reminding me. I wouldn't want to become a thief." he walks over and puts the dagger back into the cupboard.

You gain one lawful point.

Kylan raises an eyebrow, and walks over to the caravan. "What happened?" He asks at no one in particular

A merchant who seems to be in charge says:
"we were attacked by kobolds and we arrived at this village and it seemed to be attacked by zombies. We just missed it."

pan0ramic
2014-04-09, 04:56 AM
Is Garrick anywhere near this Caravan?

Untarr
2014-04-09, 05:48 AM
Uther arrives at the chapel.

Excuse me, can you tell me where the head priest or cleric is? Someone who could direct me to where I could do the most good.

zingbobco000
2014-04-09, 09:36 AM
Is Garrick anywhere near this Caravan?

Garrick is around 50 yards away (I'm using yards for non-combat movement) but you are beginning to see a crowd begin to form around the merchant's wagon. Someone stands out though, a man with arcane powers that seem to almost come right out of his very being. Not a wizard, a sorcerer...

Uther arrives at the chapel.

Excuse me, can you tell me where the head priest or cleric is? Someone who could direct me to where I could do the most good.

A priest comes up to you and says: "He is caring for the weak currently and is very busy, but if you want, I could help you with doing good."

pan0ramic
2014-04-09, 10:47 AM
Garrick approaches the caravan cautiously, to get a better of view of the "show" and to see if he can identify the man or what's going on with these "powers".

perception [roll0]

Nevershutup
2014-04-09, 08:21 PM
"Ok. Well this is all... unfortunate. I think I'll go to the chapel to see of assistance. Farewell, and good luck. Celestia knows you'll need it." Kylan slowly proceeds to head to the chapel, keeping an eye out for anyone(or anything) out of the ordinary.

Perception: [roll0]

Untarr
2014-04-10, 05:36 AM
Great! I am not much good at healing, but I can help move people or perform simple tasks that require a modicum of stength.

zingbobco000
2014-04-10, 11:03 AM
"Ok. Well this is all... unfortunate. I think I'll go to the chapel to see of assistance. Farewell, and good luck. Celestia knows you'll need it." Kylan slowly proceeds to head to the chapel, keeping an eye out for anyone(or anything) out of the ordinary.

Perception: [roll0]

You notice a muscular dwarf wielding an axe and somewhat staring at you as well.

Garrick approaches the caravan cautiously, to get a better of view of the "show" and to see if he can identify the man or what's going on with these "powers".

perception [roll0]

You see the man begin to walk away from the caravan and head towards the chapel, he notices you staring at him though.

Great! I am not much good at healing, but I can help move people or perform simple tasks that require a modicum of stength.

The priest then begins to put you to work lifting dead bodies onto stretchers and moving them etc...

Nevershutup
2014-04-10, 11:17 AM
Kylan sighs at having once more garnered attention, and quickly rushes to the chapel, and looks for someone in charge, and asks, "I am here to assist you in anyway I can. I have certain... abilities, that could prove helpful."

AngryCyc
2014-04-10, 11:52 AM
Simon comes stumbling in to the chapel with the child in his arms... Still bleeding a bit from the fight. "Little help here!"

zingbobco000
2014-04-10, 06:28 PM
Kylan sighs at having once more garnered attention, and quickly rushes to the chapel, and looks for someone in charge, and asks, "I am here to assist you in anyway I can. I have certain... abilities, that could prove helpful."

You talk to a priest, and he asks you: "What are these abilities that you speak of? Do you have healing powers?"

Simon comes stumbling in to the chapel with the child in his arms... Still bleeding a bit from the fight. "Little help here!"

A priest immediately rushes over to you and grabs the child and lays him down on a stretcher trying to heal him to the best of his ability.

Nevershutup
2014-04-10, 06:40 PM
"I'm a... student, of the arcane arts, though I have had my complement of spells emptied by a battle with some bandits earlier today. I can assist minor cleaning, or possibly tending to the children."

zingbobco000
2014-04-10, 08:38 PM
"I'm a... student, of the arcane arts, though I have had my complement of spells emptied by a battle with some bandits earlier today. I can assist minor cleaning, or possibly tending to the children."

"Well, we do have several children here. Another child recently arrived, do you know any spells that could fascinate the child possibly? To distract him from his suffering?" No matter your answer, the priest takes you to a young child who seems to be in the care of another priest. This one though looks different it looks as if he has the "gift" of the 6th sense, the ability to predict the future. (Simon and Kylan have met).

Nevershutup
2014-04-10, 08:47 PM
"Well, we do have several children here. Another child recently arrived, do you know any spells that could fascinate the child possibly? To distract him from his suffering?" No matter your answer, the priest takes you to a young child who seems to be in the care of another priest. This one though looks different it looks as if he has the "gift" of the 6th sense, the ability to predict the future. (Simon and Kylan have met).

Kylan follows the priest to the child, crouching down by the child after nodding to the other priest in recognition. "What's your name? Mine is Kylan. Do you like magic tricks?"

zingbobco000
2014-04-10, 10:52 PM
The child looks weak, but it looks over to you and says weakly "Yes, very much."

Nevershutup
2014-04-10, 11:07 PM
Kylan pulls a silver coin out of his pouch, and starts making it change color, levitate, and making it "disappear" (taking ten on his Sleight of Hand check), and generally trying to seem "magical" using presdigitation and entertaining the child.

AngryCyc
2014-04-11, 06:10 AM
Simon nods back at the new guy and without much to do himself, casts Guidance every minute on the boy, hoping to give him the strength needed to fight off the sickness.

At a lull in the magic show, he thanks the newcomer and says "I am Simon... thank you for your assistance here. You don't appear to be one of the standard priests though!"

pan0ramic
2014-04-11, 07:52 AM
Garrick followed the small group as it moved towards the cathedral and saw Kylan and Simon's interaction with the kid. Uninterested in helping those that aren't doing well, but interested in those that are helping, he hangs around the entrance-way. Garrick sais plainly, Perhaps I have found some allies in the battle against these undead...

zingbobco000
2014-04-11, 08:28 AM
Kylan pulls a silver coin out of his pouch, and starts making it change color, levitate, and making it "disappear" (taking ten on his Sleight of Hand check), and generally trying to seem "magical" using presdigitation and entertaining the child.

The boy chuckles and laughs whenever you do a trick and when you make the coin vanish he laughs heartily. One priest then comes over and begins casting a spell on the boy, and the color begins to return to his face.

Simon nods back at the new guy and without much to do himself, casts Guidance every minute on the boy, hoping to give him the strength needed to fight off the sickness.

At a lull in the magic show, he thanks the newcomer and says "I am Simon... thank you for your assistance here. You don't appear to be one of the standard priests though!"

The boy becomes stronger every time you cast the spell, and while you are doing this he is laughing at the newcomers tricks of prestidigitation. A new priest then comes over and casts a spell on the boy and the color starts to return to the boys face.

Garrick followed the small group as it moved towards the cathedral and saw Kylan and Simon's interaction with the kid. Uninterested in helping those that aren't doing well, but interested in those that are helping, he hangs around the entrance-way. Garrick sais plainly, Perhaps I have found some allies in the battle against these undead...

To who?... But anyway, as you notice the wierd priest and the sorcerer, you also notice someone who seems to be some people up and moving them all across the chapel, he is not in armor, in fact he's barely wearing anything that would restrict his movement. But he has a large bow on his back and he seems to be quite strong.

Nevershutup
2014-04-11, 11:32 AM
"Indeed, I am not. I am just a traveler, passing through the area. I fought some bandits with a warden on my way here." Kylan keeps the tricks up, but at a slower pace, and starts trying to teach the child the spell (presdigitation) and the Sleight of Hand.

zingbobco000
2014-04-17, 06:25 PM
All of you see a priest close to you, they gesture you to follow. They lead you into a chamber, with the high priest of Pelor. He says to you: "Pelor has given me a vision, three heroes, one with power of the blood, one with power of the sword, and one with power of the mind. They have have taken three different paths so far but are now on just one. It is they who shall bring down the great necromancer." He pauses for a second to let that sink in. "Yes, the necromancer is alive, you must face him, you are not ready though, yet. I have a task for you. The reason that we have been suffering with these attacks are because of a quite powerful necromancer in his own right, one of the acolytes of the he-who-shall-not-be-named (heh, that's voldemort, the necromancer) you must face him. Losing undead control of this area shall open up the towns and allow them to be free. If we do this you shall be greatly rewarded, though the town only has so much. You are free to keep anything you find on the way though. Quickly be off, there is no time to waste! He then takes several minutes drawing a highly detailed map (oh the irony) of the way to the lair."

It looks as if there are several pathways, one is a long winding path which then leads on through a small forest, there is a medium length forest trail, and finally the most deadly, you can run straight through the badlands but you get there the fastest. It is already mid-day now.

AngryCyc
2014-04-17, 07:06 PM
Simon takes a bit to focus on the new mission before responding.

focused trance on these knowledge checks:
Knowledge(history) [roll0]
(Local)[roll1]
(Religion)[roll2]

To know all about where we're going, what it's like down each path, and what kind of undead there'd be around... Assuming those checks are high enough to ascertain such info ;p

zingbobco000
2014-04-17, 08:31 PM
Simon takes a bit to focus on the new mission before responding.

focused trance on these knowledge checks:
Knowledge(history) [roll0]
(Local)[roll1]
(Religion)[roll2]

To know all about where we're going, what it's like down each path, and what kind of undead there'd be around... Assuming those checks are high enough to ascertain such info ;p

You seriously have to be kidding me don't you... I'm guessing the oracle is a knowledge skill monkey? With a divinition divine caster bit? Yes, those checks are high enough

@Angry: History: The forest road leads north, by northwest so somewhat of a straight then diagonal line. The road is i right angle, and the badlands route is straight to the cave. The road has been used frequently, the forest less so, and the badlands, well... virtually never.

Local: People don't use the road that much for fear of bandit attacks, they more often use the forest road, they never go across the badlands.

Religion: The badlands gives off an extremely powerful religous arua and it reeks of souls being drawn from the dead.

AngryCyc
2014-04-17, 08:54 PM
"I am honored to take up my parents' fight against the undead. If time is of urgency we should take a route through the badlands. It is much, MUCH more dangerous... but I feel there is some solace in the fact that these other routes are also dangerous but in a different way. That road there on the map... bandits frequent it. If they want to pester us I don't think a simple 'but we're on our way to do something important' will stop them from trying to rob or kill us. The forest route is quite a busy route but I imagine the forest has it's own hostilities as well, otherwise the other routes would not exist at all... The badlands however? I feel safe in the assurance that the only foe we will meet there has been dead and risen for quite some time now, so if there is danger to be fought along the way at least it is of the type that we are seeking to stop. No need to kill rational, thinking, LIVING criminals just because they have chose crime as their solution to life's problems, and I have a similar argument against nature's fauna. Undead will never provoke my pity though.

Are you lads brave enough to take the speedier route through the badlands? And sir," he says addressing the high priest, "if we are to be facing more undead, a simple yet efficient precaution would be for us to take as much holy water as you could muster for us... Finally, though, how important is time? What amount of time will it take us to travel there? I'd rather not show up for a fight when I have no spells at my disposal... and if we have a little time to spare, I could even be of some use crafting some holy water to use against the undead."

Simon has rattled all of this off with incredible alacrity, especially the parts explaining and describing the routes and dangers expected along them, and in rationalizing taking the more dangerous route if it means saving a fight against the living.

zingbobco000
2014-04-19, 07:03 PM
Conversing time, everyone pick a route.

Nevershutup
2014-04-21, 08:17 AM
"Regardless of the route, I shall walk with you, priest." Kylan nods towards Simon. [Read: I don't care, just pick one. :smalltongue:]

zingbobco000
2014-04-29, 08:39 PM
Ok, panoramic what's your view?

zingbobco000
2014-05-17, 07:33 PM
Bump... I hope everyone's still in on this, I was into it.

zingbobco000
2014-05-31, 09:09 AM
As you all begin to walk through the badlands you come across some undead, skeletons to be precise! There are three of them, and the chatter menacingly at you.

Everyone roll initiative.

Frendle
2014-06-13, 04:28 AM
[roll0] Initiative