I need some advices for a bard archivist for a PFS, this is my build:

Usama ibn-Munqidh
Male Human (Kele****e) Bard (Archivist) 1
N Medium humanoid (human)
Init +4; Senses Perception +6
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 armor, +2 Dex)
hp 8 (1d8)
Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +3
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee dagger +1 (1d4+1/19-20) and
rapier +1 (1d6+1/18-20)
Ranged shortbow +2 (1d6/×3)
Special Attacks bardic performance 7 rounds/day (countersong, distraction, fascinate, naturalist)
Bard (Archivist) Spells Known (CL 1st; concentration +4):
1st (2/day)— expeditious retreat, vanish
0 (at will)— detect magic, light, mage hand, message
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 13, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 16
Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Feats Lingering Performance, Point-Blank Shot
Traits reactionary, tomb raider
Skills Diplomacy +7, Knowledge (arcana) +3, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +8, Knowledge (engineering)
+3, Knowledge (geography) +3, Knowledge (history) +3, Knowledge (local) +7, Knowledge (nature) +7,
Knowledge (nobility) +3, Knowledge (planes) +3, Knowledge (religion) +3, Perception +6, Perform (oratory)
+7, Perform (string instruments) +7, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +6, Use Magic Device +7
Languages Common, Kelish, Osiriani, Ancient, Undercommon
SQ bardic knowledge +1
Other Gear leather armor, arrows (20), dagger, rapier, shortbow, backpack, bedroll, bell, candle (2), flint
and steel (2), ink, black (2), inkpen, Mandolin, paper (3), parchment, sack, torch (2), 59 gp, 2 sp, 6 cp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Bardic Knowledge +1 (Ex) Add +1 to all knowledge skill checks.
Bardic Performance (standard action) (7 rounds/day) Your performances can create magical effects.
Lingering Performance Bardic Performances last 2 rds after you stop concentrating.
Point-Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.

I m thinking to focus on spells and bardic performance in combat, probably is better dump str and dex for a better int and cha? I want to be also the skillmonkey of the group.

Spore
2014-04-01, 05:04 AM
I would change Str and Con, pull a point from charisma and get Weapon Finesse instead of Point Blank Shot. If you want to focus on performance, you'd best support the group as flanking buddy imho.
I would prefer a few more HP, buffs and flanking to shooting some pitiful arrows any day. Basic outline

Str 10 Dex 16 (+race) Con 14 (8 and 12 because poisons and debuffs sometimes do odd numbers of con damage) Int 14 Wis 12 Cha 13 (bonus on 4)

Enough AC and HP to stay alive, decent charisma to still rock (and later on, you use a headband to get additional skills since you probably won't get past 4th level spells in PFS anyway).

Chelios
2014-04-01, 06:57 AM
I would change Str and Con, pull a point from charisma and get Weapon Finesse instead of Point Blank Shot. If you want to focus on performance, you'd best support the group as flanking buddy imho.
I would prefer a few more HP, buffs and flanking to shooting some pitiful arrows any day. Basic outline

Str 10 Dex 16 (+race) Con 14 (8 and 12 because poisons and debuffs sometimes do odd numbers of con damage) Int 14 Wis 12 Cha 13 (bonus on 4)

Enough AC and HP to stay alive, decent charisma to still rock (and later on, you use a headband to get additional skills since you probably won't get past 4th level spells in PFS anyway).

What about a trip build with a whip with this feat:
Agile Maneuvers?

Spore
2014-04-01, 02:01 PM
Possible but remember that just having four legs gives a significant bonus on trip maneuvers.