PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Paladin/Ranger Mount

Turelim
2014-04-01, 07:00 AM
Hi Guys!!!

This is my first post in the new Forums :smallwink: !!!

if i have a Paladin 5th/Ranger 6th with Devouted Tracker Feat (CA) and Holy Mount (Dragon #325), how the levels are calculated for the mount?
Can i add the Ranger lvls in the paladin lvl? or i can't because i use that levels for calculate Animal Companion part?

Gwendol
2014-04-01, 07:19 AM
Devoted tracker lets you use your character level (instead of class) to determine your animal companion (who is also your special mount). I don't know Holy Mount (it's a spell as far as I know, but I suspect you have it listed as a feat), what does it do?

So, add your paladin levels to your ranger levels and calculate what your animal companion will be. I suggest picking up Natural Bond for an even stronger AC.

Turelim
2014-04-02, 08:34 PM
Devoted tracker lets you use your character level (instead of class) to determine your animal companion (who is also your special mount). I don't know Holy Mount (it's a spell as far as I know, but I suspect you have it listed as a feat), what does it do?

So, add your paladin levels to your ranger levels and calculate what your animal companion will be. I suggest picking up Natural Bond for an even stronger AC.

Hi gwendol, according to devouted tracker feat, i only use paladín levels + ranger levels to determine how strong is The smite evil and wild emphaty

The other thing with this feat is if i designate my mount as animal companion then i can add all benefits of the animal companion to my mount.

holy mount (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Holy_Mount) instead use the divine caster levels of other clases to determine the paladin's level for the mount.
My question is if i can add the ranger's levels for determine paladin's level for mount

Snowbluff
2014-04-02, 09:56 PM
if i have a Paladin 5th/Ranger 6th with Devouted Tracker Feat (CA) and Holy Mount (Dragon #325), how the levels are calculated for the mount? It is an 8th level Special Mount (5 Paladin, 3 from Ranger)

Can i add the Ranger lvls in the paladin lvl? or i can't because i use that levels for calculate Animal Companion part?
How Devoted Tracker works is that your Special Mount also gains the benefits of being a third level animal companion... which is 2 bonus tricks, link, 2 Animal Racial Hit Dice, +2 Natural Armor, and +1 strength and dex.