PDA

View Full Version : Warblade aptitude and Improved Buckler Defense Inquiry

Nightraiderx
2014-04-01, 10:25 AM
So I have been trying to think of a combat style that utilizes thf, twf and shield bashing and
I am wondering if the improved buckler defense feat can change the focus to using light/heavy shields and
transfer the buckler's ability to wield an off-hand weapon (or use that hand for Twf) to the shield.

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-01, 10:27 AM
Well, the standard argument is that a warblade should not be able to change a selection to anything the feat would not be able to select in the first place. That said, the wording is a little loose, and YMMV. Ask your DM.

Nightraiderx
2014-04-01, 10:55 AM
Would Shield and Pike Style be able to be used instead and change the focus from polearm to another 2-handed weapon?

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-01, 11:36 AM
Nope, that one applies to all qualifying weapons, not to a weapon you select. You need a piercing weapon with reach that is also a polearm. That basically limits you to a long spear or lance.

Now, you could just use a sword, shield, and armor spikes for your weapons, using two weapon fighting to attack with the spikes and sword.

Nightraiderx
2014-04-01, 12:00 PM
Eh, True but with the short haft feat, you should be able to use a long spear with the short end, and since light shields are specific I could
change the focus to a heavy shield.