PDA

View Full Version : Against the Ogres IC

ngilop
2014-04-01, 12:46 PM
Many ages ago Ogres were a dominant race; mighty of body as well as mind. This would lead to their downfall as their hubris led them to try to cut the magic off from another race. The Ogre mages, shamans, and sages poured over forgotten and forbidden scraps of lore for decades until the deemed they had perfected a spell to strip the magic away from their rivals. The days long ritual took place only to fail in the end, the hated rivals causing the spell to meet with disaster, backfiring on the ogres. After the spell took it tool on the once glorious Ogre race. They were stripped of most of their arcane magic as well as their previous mental acuity. So began what the world now knows as Ogres, big dumb brutes, who for the most part have no knowledge of their race’s once past majesty. There have been some exceptions to this racial ignorance at times in the past. Just over a century ago the many ogre tribes of the Darrow Mountains ceased their constant infighting and joined together under the banner of an Ogre by the name of Targut, one of the rare ogres blessed with above average ( for an Ogre) intelligence and an affinity for history. Targut had heard rumors of a powerful artifact called the Dragon Orb wielded by the Baron Namara of Galivia, who himself was said to be a mage of no small ability. Targut managed to keep his kinsmen together and attack at the most opportune of time. With all but a token defense force kept to watch over the far away western barony, most of the able bodied men was sent to the south weeks ago to deal with a war that was being fought with the neighboring southern kingdom. Targut proved to be an ingenious military commander as first he sent a small portion of his army to cut off Namara’s keep from the nearby town of Thend, with the strict orders to keep any one from getting away from the town and sending for aid. The siege on the keep was brutal, for both sides. No one knows exactly what happened in those 6 days, except that the ogres took the keep. Their victory was short lived though, the nearby by elven community and a dwarves company came to aid the besieged,. Too late to stop the ogre from killing the defenders, they set their sights on preventing the gores gaining possession of the Dragon Orb. Targut died in the ensuing battle and the ogre forces broke and fled back into the mountains. The Dragon Orb nor Namara’s body were never found, even after a hearty search by the young noble who led the elven forces that day.

The days turned into weeks which turned into months and the victorious troops returned to find their victory didn’t mean so much now that their homes had been destroyed. The town of Thend rebuilt and indeed prospered with renewed contact and trade with the elves and the far off dwarves. With the money the town decided to pay some adventurers to ‘take care’ of their ogre problem lest another Targut incident happens.

Now you find yourselves in the Red Dragon Tavern, a busy place, filled with drinkers and musicians. A few local folk play darts in one corner. Things in the town have been quit-so quiet in fact, that none have had a single chance for an adventure.
Just when it seems that making fun of bragging peasants is the most exciting thing to do, a trumpet blares in the street. It is the town crier, and he has important news He unfurls a proclamation and reads “Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye! A terrible tragedy has be struck this fair city. The High Wizard Elorin needs stout heroes to undertake a dangerous quest. If their be those brave enough to match their words with deeds, let them follow me to the high wizard’s Tower.”

Elorin's tower is made of gray stone with a few big rooms to each floor. Most rooms contain many tables covered with scrolls, books, bubbling beakers, and strange stuffed creatures. The guards outside the wizard’s tower step aside and let you all enter. A servant goes to tell Elorin some adventurers have come. A short time later the servant returns to lead you to the wizard.
The old wizard rises, strokes his beard as he looks at you and then says, “I’ll be brief and to the point. A week ago, the elven lord Taran, set off on a mission to the ruins of Namara’s keep. Well, he’s not returned. I fear he has come to a foul end.
Before he left, he said something about an orb, a singing orb, which I suspect may be the dragon orb. If the Orb falls into evil hands it will be death or worse for everybody in the realm. For this I’ll pay you 150 gold coins a piece, not a penny more”

razorback
2014-04-01, 03:37 PM
Aldumin stood, playing darts, and raking in a few well needed coppers, when the crier made his announcement.
This could be my big break. He thought to himself. Weighing his decisions, he threw down a copper as he forfeited the match.

As he made his way up to the wizards tower, thoughts of wealth swirled through his head.

As they meet the wizard, he looked upon him and wondered it would be like to wield that power.
"150 each? Seems a bit light for such an undertaking." With a bit of bravado.
"I take it any spoils, other than the orb, are ours to collect?"

Tyeal
2014-04-01, 11:35 PM
Daren had only just arrived at the Red Dragon Tavern. He was new to the town of Thend, being the country bumpkin, in essence. He had come from far-off lands, beyond mountains, tasked with seeing out other possible warriors and fighters to help expand his training. As well as his views of the world. He had settled down with a flagon of beer when he heard the clear shrill cry of the town crier, mentioning someone in need of 'brave heroes'. That didn't take long. He murmured in his own mind as he pounded the flagon and stood up to get directions to the high wizard's tower.

Upon arrival, he popped in to see what he guessed was the aforementioned wizard, speaking to someone else who had answered the call. Looked human like himself, though he seemed to carry much less than himself. Giving the other person a polite nod, his gaze fell onto the man behind his desk. "I couldn't help but overhear that you were offering a good bit of gold for this quest. As well as this mans" He'll gesture to Aldumin. "comment about it seeming lacking. I am willing to join, so long as you can give any useful information on where exactly we're to go. And what may be waiting for us."

Techwarrior
2014-04-02, 02:41 AM
One of the gathered 'adventurers' is an albino. Since meeting him, he has probably coughed every few seconds, and his words have all been hoarse, yet kind. He carries an eclectic collection of weaponry stowed across his body, including a pair of spears and a shortbow. He coughs once louder than normal, as if to command the attention of those gathered.

"Indeed, something seems a little off. Is there anything else we should know about?"

Knowledge (Local) for any information on either the Elf Lord Taran [roll0]
And the same on this mysterious Namara's Keep. [roll1]

ngilop
2014-04-02, 11:50 AM
Elorin strokes his beard a few moments before speaking "You will get your gold when you return with either news of Taran's death or Taran himself. 150 is more than a generous wage"

He looks to Aldumin furrowing his brow "if my pay is not enough, know that if indeed there is still treasure to be found at Namara's keep, it is all yours. That should be payment enough."

Elroin looks over the rest before continuing " Lord Taran is rather touched by wanderlust. So it is not out of the ordinary for him to go off for a few days with no contact, but Namara's keep is not too far away and he should have returned by now."

Ouroborosi
2014-04-02, 02:34 PM
"Wait wait"
a female voice can be heard in the room.
"It is starting to sound like a rescue mission."
A bit more to the ground then most people are is a chestnut haired halfling woman. A bit underweight and covered in armor a bit to tall for her.
"As the doctrines of Yollanda say, an oppertunity is never enviable alone."
"Let's do the right thing and rescue this lord. Or at least be there to give him a decent burial"

With that her helmet falls over her eyes.

"W-we can discus the price when we get back. What we need more is a location."

Sian
2014-04-02, 03:49 PM
A heavyset Dwarf looks up from his nearly empty tankard of ale, looking at the towncrier, after a minute of deliberation and draining the tankard pushing it away from him and getting up, he decides that being an Adventurer might actually be more interesting that the other ideas his family or anyone else have suggested for him, and follows the group over to the Tower joining just as Elorin comes to greet the rest of the group.

"Namara's Keep you say? Sounds interesting..."

How much do i know about Namara's Keep beyond what you've allready mentioned?
Knowledge History [roll0]

ngilop
2014-04-03, 12:22 AM
Elorin smiles at Caitlin "I was hoping that you could leave now, after all I feel time is of the essence.. I have a servant who can show you the old road to the keep."

OOC: What I have posted already about the keep and taran is what you all would know, so far...

razorback
2014-04-03, 07:04 AM
Unconsiously fiddling with a dart hanging from his bandolier, Aldumin ponders the wizards words.
"Alright, I will take on this task." Looking around at the others gathered he ask "The rest of you ready? Does anyone need to go back into town for supplies?"

Ouroborosi
2014-04-03, 11:03 AM
"My little brother is bringing my pony and wagon as we speak. Aswell as most of my remaining gear. So aslong as i am not traffeling alone... I am ready."
The halfling replied with a smile as she streches out her right hand.

"Caitlin Pinchcheek, a cleric of Yollanda."

Tyeal
2014-04-03, 07:08 PM
Daren simply nodded at the wizard's request, lightly rolling his shoulders at the thought of testing his training in actual combat. Looking around, he had to admit to himself, 'Kind of a patchwork group. Hope this thing goes smoothly...' His ears perked when he heard a voice from under his waist introduce herself, having not noticed a Halfling had joined them, having been somewhat absorbed by the offer and lost in his own thoughts as far as needed supplies.

He knelt down to eye level with her and accepted her smaller hand, giving it a light squeeze as he gave a small smile in kind. "Nice to meet you Caitlin. Daren Hijal, a Warblade-In-Training, from beyond the Northern Mountains."

Techwarrior
2014-04-03, 09:55 PM
"I guess it's time for me to throw my dice in too. I'm Eric. I've learned several of the more subtle arts, and can bypass snares and magical traps. I'm also an apprentice Weaver of Incarnum, although I still haven't gotten very good at that."

ngilop
2014-04-04, 03:39 PM
Elorin sends one of his servants to guide you to the old road that leads to Damara's Keep. You all chat letting each other known about yourselves and a bit of your own history as you follow the guide. The road can be more accurately described as an overgrown deer path now after a few decades of non-use. Before you all step foot on the path, you think back to the few villagers that waved as you left, you could have sworn their hopes for you were not all that high, and more than one would probably be surprised to see you again.

It is late in the second day by the time you all reach the Keep. A cold wind blows through the dead trees around the ruin. Dark clouds make everything seem gray and lonely. The keep sits on top of a hill and can be seen from far away. Once it had strong walls and tall towers. Now the towers have fallen and the walls have collapsed in many places. You are not sure but you think you see a cave entrance to the western side of the hill, or it could just be a deep shadow. There is a heavy door in the gate, but it looks like it could be opened.

razorback
2014-04-05, 07:15 PM
As the group travels through the day up to the keep, Aldumin speaks of how he got to this place.
"Well, grew up not far away from here. Realized that I had some point in my youth that I had an ability to siphon off some ability of magic, which made me realize that I wasn't meant to be a farmer like my parents. Once I was old enough and had enough money, I bought some equipment and set off to find my fortune and destiny. I figured that this is a good opportunity to help me expand on my talents. What about the rest of you?"
The rest of the group realizes that Aldumin is a bit young and eager, if a tad bit naive.

Ouroborosi
2014-04-06, 03:32 AM
"I hope you passion and thirst for adventure doesn't make your life for adventure end prematurely"

As she drives her pony kart she pauses.

"The recovery of this elven lord and the orb they spoke of. It is for the betterment of the community. That's all what matters."

Techwarrior
2014-04-06, 03:30 PM
Eric has been quiet for the most part of this journey, but chooses to speak up after hearing Caitlin's words. His words are calm and measured, with a bit of a sinisterness to them, although it's more from what he says than from his tone.

"For the community is all well and good, but we're here to do a job and get paid. I don't mind if you want to attribute your work here to the cause and all, but try not to lose sight of the job at hand. We don't get any reward, or benefit the community, if we are dead."

Tyeal
2014-04-06, 10:32 PM
Daren had largely been quiet throughout most of their trip up to the tower. He didn't speak too often, and seemed to be lost in thought at some points, apologizing if one of his fellow party members were addressing him. While he wouldn't admit it, her was nervous. He hadn't grown up around magic, and had been raised to respect and fear anyone with great magic. He had put on a brave face to help cover up this fact, or during their few stops, he could been seen going through the forms of his martial training. Looking very focused and determined, but with a distant look in his eye.

Ouroborosi
2014-04-07, 02:08 PM
Caitlin gives a smile to Eric's harsh reply.

"No, everyone will benefits the most of us returing. That's why i am along for the ride."

Techwarrior
2014-04-08, 02:49 AM
Eric approaches the big, heavy doorway with a determined look, paranoia evident in his eye. He begins testing and feeling it in places, looking for any traps, mechanical or otherwise.

"Stand back a minute, with the Lord missing, anything could be a trap. We should go over this door meticulously."

Eric takes 10 on a Search check to find traps for a total of 16. If that turns up nothing, Eric takes 20 for 26, taking 2 minutes. Anyone is welcome to offer to Aid Another.

Should he find any traps, his Disable Device is +8 with his tools. (Disable Device says the DM rolls it secretly).

If he doesn't find any traps, or manages to disarm the ones he finds, he'll try to open the door. If it's locked, he'll take 20 for a total of 25.

Sian
2014-04-08, 03:13 AM
Thain grumpled at the pessimism oozing from some of the other members of the group.

"No need to be pessimists, it should be a fairly easy in, check stuff, get out ... although who knows whats moved in in the time gone since the keep were abandoned, as it was never rebuilt."

Thain seemed to lose himself a bit for a moment, Might be worthwhile to look though the keep very closely, to see if its worthwhile to suggest rebuilding it he thought.

"While the door might be the obvious way to go, i think it might be too obvious ... I suggest that we go check that cave entrance over there first" Thain noted.

Spot [roll0], to see if i notice more about the cave off in the distance

razorback
2014-04-08, 05:13 AM
As Eric walks up, Aldumin follows in agreement.
"20 paces ought to be far enough. Hang tight there for a few moments." he says to the rest of the group as he points to what looks to be a safe spot a few dozen feet off.
He spends a minute looking over the door before gingerly touching it, looking for any hidden mechanisms.

Nodding to Eric, they go over the lock to see if it is trapped and, if locked, try to pick it, care in his moves as he feels a bit excited at the prospect of actually breaking into somewhere and being on an adventure.

Search
[roll0]+6
Spot
[roll1]+3

Listen
[roll2]+3
Aid another on the lock
[roll3]+5

Ouroborosi
2014-04-08, 03:21 PM
As she recovers her sling and bulllets from the cart, she squeezes her eyes together as Thain eyes the cave.

Did he noticed something she failed to see

spot roll
[roll0]

ngilop
2014-04-08, 04:24 PM
Aldumin notices there are tracks of something dragged to the castle gate. Caitlin finds a scrap of tattered brown cloth nearby. The gate is neither locked nor trapped, Just shut. Thain looks over the ruined keep and can tell that in its prime, it was a solid structure, for humans that is. With enough time, supplies and money it could be rebuilt, but the inside is still a mystery.

Techwarrior
2014-04-08, 04:38 PM
"Well, the door isn't trapped. I'm not opposed to finding another way in, but we definitely want to open up our avenues of egress should we need it. Let's go check out that cave you mentioned, I saw it earlier, but didn't think it mattered all that much."

Eric backs up from the door cautiously, and moves to back-up whoever leads, drawing his bow and holding it at the ready with an arrow nocked.

[roll0]

Tyeal
2014-04-08, 11:30 PM
Daren seems to watch the rest of the group explore and poke around the ruins of the castle, starting to feel tense. That itch that he got, when he knew a fight was going to happen, he just didn't know when. He walked around the ruined keep some, keeping the rest of the group in his vision, before coming back to hear everyone's deductions and thoughts. He added his two cents.

"'Favored the road traveled by few'. It's also possible that that cave has an occupant, and doesn't actually lead to the keep. Though, if the rest of you are willing, we can try exploring the cave first, seeing if there's anything of value or even clues to the person we're looking for, then come back here and try the front door."

Ouroborosi
2014-04-09, 03:47 PM
"I am also for exploring the cave and if it is empty.. Well we can use it to keep my pony and kart out of sight"

Sian
2014-04-10, 06:19 AM
Thain considers for a moment, seemingly considering which weapon he should use, and grabs his Warhammer and shield before moving towards the cave, "I suggest that I go first, followed by one of the trapspringers"

razorback
2014-04-10, 07:31 AM
Trapspringers? Aldumin thinks, with a crooked smile on his face.
"Lead on, then. I'll be right behind you." With that, he shifts his morning star into his off-hand and takes a dart out, ready to throw if anything dangerous appears.

ngilop
2014-04-10, 01:46 PM
As you all make your way to the cave you can tell that its been shaped by man. The entrance has been widened and a frame has been set. Stairs covered in dust lead down below turning to the left before going out of your sight, the entire passage is choked with cobwebs. It is clear that nothing has been down these stairs in a long time. As you descend the stairs a spider makes his way down on a strand and onto the back of Daren's neck, but he quickly brushes it away before he is bitten. At the foot of the stairs is an old door. While not locked it has swollen and become semi stuck, and with a little effort you manage to push it open. As the door open it reveals a cellar full of old cobwebs, almost hidden within them is a large wooden table in the center. Shelves on the wall are filled with jars, candles, boxes and other such storage items. On the far side of the room is another Door.

There are 2 Large spiders in this room, if you can beat a hide check of 21, roll initiative as normal, if not, they get a surprise attack.

Spider Iniative if their hide is beaten:

Spider 1 Attack: [roll1]
Spider 1 Damage: [roll]1d#8+3 +Poison

SPider 2 Attack: [roll2]
Spider 2 Damage: [roll3] +Poison

Techwarrior
2014-04-10, 03:27 PM
Eric doesn't like the looks of these spiderwebs, he wants to torch them. All of them. That didn't matter though, he had to focus on covering their lead man.

And then spiders came rushing towards him, he told his body to act quickly and fire his bow, but wasn't even sure if it did until several seconds later.

Spot: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

If Eric gets to act in the surprise round, he fires off a quick shot with his bow.
Standard: Attack nearest Spider
Attack [roll2]
Crit Confirm (on 20) [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
If Eric gets off a sneak attack [roll5] Precision, +2 Insight.
Yea no. Failed that by a long stretch.

Sian
2014-04-10, 04:41 PM
Thain goes down the passageway noting the cobwebs hanging in garlands, shifting to his Battleaxe so he have something to cut his way through with. When he gets to the door and with a bit of help manages to push it open, he walks cautiously into the room and is promptly attacked by two spiders managing to block one of them while the other's attack goes wide off.

Initiative: [roll0]
Maneuvers available (counted from top of readied list, removing those taken): [roll1] (Charging Minotaur) [roll2] (Vanguard Strike) [roll3] (Crusading Strike)

OOC: Iron Guards Glare on, opponents threatening me gets -4 attack on my allies

Ouroborosi
2014-04-10, 04:59 PM
Petting the old pony Caitlin hushes "I will be back soon."
As she follows the rest

initiative [roll0]

Tyeal
2014-04-10, 06:44 PM
Daren walks in behind the armored Dwarf, having his weapon of choice drawn and ready. He wasn't a fan of enclosed spaces, being as large as he was. It took him a moment to adjust to the dank cave, seemingly having a faint glow to them as they moved through. Arriving in the cobweb infested room, Daren's hackles rose, feeling the presence of something that wished to do him harm. He planted his feet and readied himself, watching the spiders descend to the floor. The first going after Thain in front of him, allowing him time to watch the second spider approach and dodge out of the way.

Spot: (1d20+4)[22] Hell yeah! First roll and I beat the Hide check by 1!
Initiative: (1d20+2)[10]
Maneuvers Readied: Moment of Perfect Mind, Steel Wind, Charging Minotaur

razorback
2014-04-11, 07:31 AM
Aldumin, although trying to be observant, has his attention drawn off by the webs and in a case of failing to see the trees for the forest, is caught wondering about the webs as the spiders draw down on them.

Aldumin
AC ~13; Current ~ 13
HP ~ 7; Current ~ 7

Free ~

Move Action

Effects~
Surprised!

Ouroborosi
2014-04-11, 10:45 AM
"Watch out!" Caitlins warning comes to late as the spiders are already uppon them.

Quickly the halfling grabs her sling and unleashes a stone toward the nearest spider

Initiative was 10

sling [roll0] [roll1]

pointless to roll for damage it will always be just a 1.

ngilop
2014-04-11, 08:20 PM
One spider lands on Thain but is unable to puncture the darf's armor. The other ones is unable to get close to daren as he dodges it ably. Cailin lets fly a stone from her sling but misses by a wide margin. The first spider tries again to get a bite in on Thain while the second moves onto Caitlin.

Spider 1 Attack: [roll0]
Spider 1 Damage: [roll1] +Poison

Spider 2 Attack: [roll2]
Spider 2 Damage: [roll3] +Poison

Tyeal
2014-04-11, 08:38 PM
"Oh no you don't!" declares Daren as he brings his weapon to bear and looks like he's going to trample the spider in his wake as it heads towards Caitlin, letting out a battle cry as he breaks into a head-long run.

Charging Minotaur (Str Check against Spider): (1d20+5)[19]
Damage: (2d6)[4]
And it's pushed 5 ft. in the direction I'm charging. CM doesn't provoke AoO.

Sian
2014-04-12, 03:30 AM
If at all possible Thain takes a 5ft step so he's in range with both Spiders, and attacks the one targeting him with an Vanguard Strike

To Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Crit confirm:[roll2]

If hits, allies have a +4 to hit my target, untill the start of my next turn

New Maneuver: [roll3] (Stone Bones)

Ouroborosi
2014-04-13, 10:52 AM
Taking a step back Caitlin takes another stone and slings it toward the nearest spider once more.

sling [roll0] [roll1]

razorback
2014-04-13, 11:16 AM
Aldumin, alerted by Caitlin, steps back and throws the dart he has in hand pull another dart and holds it at the ready.

Aldumin
AC ~13; Current ~ 13
HP ~ 7; Current ~ 7

Free ~
5 foot step back

Standard action - throw dart at the spider that is either 1) not engaged or 2) on Aldumin's left.
[roll0]

Crit Conf
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Move Action
Remove another dart

Effects~

ngilop
2014-04-15, 11:11 AM
Daren charges the spider attacking caitlyn and not only manages to kill the creature but he sends it body flying a few feet in the opposite direction. Aldumin throws a dart and it sinks into the larger spider's abdomen and it lets out a terrible hiss. Having survived on rats and other small anmials for the last few months the spider is too eager to get one good meal and does not relenquish its attack on Thain.

Spider 1 Attack: 1d20+3
Spider 1 Damage: 1d8+3 +Poison

Ouroborosi
2014-04-15, 03:08 PM
Afraid she might hit somone, the halfling cleric stops moving her the sling and readies to rush to her allies aid with a healing spell if one of her compnions gets to hurt.

Techwarrior
2014-04-16, 12:26 AM
Eric curses himself at his complete non-reaction. Sure, he didn't have much combat training, but he still needed to be able to put an arrow into something when it came at him and his allies.

He know his spear would be more effective, but he doesn't have time to fumble around getting it off of his back. Besides, he's not even sure he could do that quickly enough to get a strike in. Instead, Eric maneuvers around the edge of the combat and then charges in to strike with gauntlet. He still did know how to hit where it hurt after all. As his spiked fist moved in for the attack, a soft blue light seemed to coalesce around his hand.

Move Action: Move to a flanking position on the spider. I have 30 foot move rate, and the spider is already in melee, so it shouldn't be too difficult.
Standard Action: Attack
Spiked Gauntlet [roll0] includes flanking
Crit Confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2] + [roll3] Precision.

razorback
2014-04-16, 08:02 AM
Aldumin, seeing his new allies too closely clustered around the spiders to get a clean shot, drops his dart as he shifts his morning star back to his left hand hand charges forward with an arcing, overhead swing.

Aldumin
AC ~13; Current ~ 13
HP ~ 7; Current ~ 7

Free ~
drop dart and shift weapons

Full round action - move to nearest spider (If he has a lane to charge, then a charge. If not, then move and attack).
[roll0] +2 if he can charge and -2 to AC

Crit Conf
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Effects~

ngilop
2014-04-16, 01:28 PM
With Eric coming out of his shocked state and attacking, the last spider dies falling to the ground with a few leg twicthes before going completely still. You all smile at each other having come out the victors and unscathed to boot in your very first battle together.

EXP for Spiders: 151

Ouroborosi
2014-04-16, 04:06 PM
Caitlin turns beat red in embarrassment as she was easily out performed by everyone.

"Eh, good job everybody" she softly said and raises her right hand slowly in the air.

"Yay?"

A few moments get by as she looks at the piece of cloth she picked up earlier.

"Someone was dragged into this cave earlier if these spiders got him or her, it's remains should be scattered around this place. The least we could do is give it's victim a decent burial...." she shakes her head knowing it is a fools hope. "Or it's victim may still be packed into a web somewhere."

With that she starts searching

Search [roll0]

Tyeal
2014-04-16, 07:17 PM
Seeing the spider crushed under his boot, and the other one delt with by the rest of the group, Daren places his weapon back in place across his shoulders, seeing Caitlin going about her task. Sighing softly, he knelt down and touched her shoulder, speaking in a sonorous, gentle tone. "What you plan to do is admirable Caitlin. But, we don't have the time to be searching for lost bodies. Let us focus on our mission first. We can say a prayer for the unfortunate soul when it is appropriate."

Techwarrior
2014-04-16, 11:49 PM
Eric shakes spider off of his gauntlet, and then pulling out a rag, begins to wipe it off. Eric seems slightly shocked at the warblade.

"I don't accept that. We could light these webs and search this section of cave in no time at all. This Lord has been gone a week now, another half hour won't make the difference either way."

razorback
2014-04-17, 07:59 AM
"I think the chances are better that whoever's torn clothing went inside the keep, not this cape. That being said, a quick look around will only take a few moments and may gain us some information."

Sian
2014-04-19, 04:52 AM
Thain takes a step away from the spiders, not shealthing his weapon out of concern that their might be other surprises comming.

"Not quite sure i'm all for lighting up the webs with fire, might make the structure unsound, given its decay"

Techwarrior
2014-04-19, 02:46 PM
"Not lighting them will probably double the time it takes searching, since we'll have to remove the webs by hand. However, if you insist, I guess we can do it the hard way."

Having said that, Eric will stow his bow and limber his longspear, and then begins to use it to clear out the webs.

Sian
2014-04-19, 03:18 PM
"I'd rather take the time to look if theres stuff here than lighting them, protentially setting the structure on fire and making it collapse around us or what we haven't found since we'd wait till after they've been burned away"

ngilop
2014-04-19, 11:39 PM
Eric spends a few moments clearing away webs and all he fidns are old roten crates, jars with some type of goo in them random tools and utensils, this is undoubtedly part of the old cellar or storeroom for the keep, everything stored in here has rotten away to unuseableness years ago. He takes a quick guess and assumes that lighting the webs would probably start an inferno that would probly seriously hurt or worse to all inside.

The door to the other room looks swollen and maybe stucj worse than the door from the stairs.

Techwarrior
2014-04-20, 10:49 AM
Eric sets his spear down and squares his feet, then heaves at the door with all his might.

[roll0] Strength check

ngilop
2014-04-21, 01:25 PM
The groups watches as Eric puts his shoulder into the door and it swings open, revealing a
long narrow room. Bronze braziers rest in the corners of the room a large stone table fills
the center. The walls are covered with various magical symbols. Eight niches in the wall
each contains a skull on a pedastal. On the right side and the far side of the stone table
stand two long dead guards set with rusted armor and weapons who make some kind of
moan/gurgle sound as they advanced, very slowly, towards you. You are not 100% sure,
but this may have been Namara's magical laboratory.

OOC: Zombies always lose initiative.

Zombie 1 Attack: [roll0]
Zombie 1 Damage: [roll1]

Zombie 2 Attack: [roll2]
Zombie 2 Damage: [roll3]

Techwarrior
2014-04-21, 07:16 PM
Eric hefts his spear and dashes across the room, looking to get a stab in before they can react.

Full-Round Action: Charge nearest Zombie. Grants +2 to hit, and Eric takes a -2 penalty to AC (AC 12 for this round)
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] if the zombie isn't considered flat-footed (you didn't mention a surprise round, and they apparently lost initiative so they should be flat-footed) reduce the damage by 2.

Can Erin make a Use Magic Device or Craft (Alchemy) check to guess at the equipment's function?

Tyeal
2014-04-21, 07:49 PM
Daren wasn't for this idea of helping someone he wasn't even sure was alive anymore. He did bow his head in a moment of silence for the lost soul, before hefting his weapon again and deciding to simply keep an eye open lest the rest of the group disturbs any nests hiding in the webs.

It was when Eric tried the other door in the room did he pay attention. He gave him plenty of room to force the door open after seeing it was firmly stuck, and proceeded in after him. Standing in the doorway, the Warblade watched as two clearly dead guards began to animate and lurch towards his compatriot. While he wouldn't charge along side Eric, he would follow him in, figuring the two of them could handle two rotten guards.

He would wait for Eric to give himself some distance after that charge, and move up from behind. He spins his guisarme over his head, building momentum before bringing it across the chests of the two undead creatures, letting out a effort-filled shout as he does so.

Steel Wind Attacks
Zombie 1 - (1d20+4)[21] Damage: (2d4+3)[9]
Zombie 2 - (1d20+4)[15] Damage: (2d4+3)[9]

Ouroborosi
2014-04-22, 12:45 AM
putting the holy symbol of her godess infront of her she asks her deity for aid

"Yollanda, aid us. In giving me the power to give the dead the rest they deserve!"

Turning check [roll0]

turn damage [roll1]

Sian
2014-04-22, 04:40 AM
Knowledge Religion : [roll0]

To remember if my Battleaxe is the correct weapon to bring against Zombies

Thain glares at the Zombies and walks up to them (ideally threatening both) hitting one of them with a flurry opening its defenses

Vanguard Strike

To Hit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

razorback
2014-04-22, 06:27 AM
Aldumin, dropping the dart in his hand, rushes towards the first of the shambling creatures he can reach, shifting his morning star as he goes.
"Try not to get surrounded!" He says in a voice higher than he intended.

Aldumin
AC ~13; Current ~ 13
HP ~ 7; Current ~ 7

Free ~
drop dart and shift weapons

Full round action - move to nearest zombie (If he has a lane to charge, then a charge. If not, then move and attack).
[roll0]+2 if he can charge and -2 to AC

Crit Conf
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Effects~

ngilop
2014-04-22, 11:54 AM
Through the combined might of the group the zombies fall to the ground,
completely and truely lifeless. Eric looks around at the objects in the room
and realizes he just don't know enough about magic to make an assertation
onwhat if anything any item in here was used for specifically. Sian smiles as
his memory of what weapons are best was correct afterall, and you all
silently cheer for another combat where you all emerged unscathed.

EXP for Zombies: 113

Tyeal
2014-04-22, 12:45 PM
Daren gave the fallen bodies a few hard jabs with his weapon, wanting to be sure they were no longer moving. Then proceeded to hack their desicated limbs off, as well as their heads. "Not interested in seeing them rise again." He comments aloud as he goes about his task.

Once done, he starts to explore the lab more thoroughly, highly curious and intrigued about all the equipment and implements that were scattered about.

General Knowledge check to see if he recognizes anything from his studies under his master. (1d20+1)[17]

Ouroborosi
2014-04-22, 02:45 PM
"Seems like we decided to take the back door."

"Any objection that we hide my pony inside the cave? It is rather pointless to sneak in the back when our hosts see us coming?"

Caitlin said as she makes her way to the outside

ngilop
2014-04-22, 04:56 PM
You all spend a few minutes searching overr the room, the braziers just appear
to be normal braziers and the skull are just intricate carvings, not true skulls. This
room was probably used for spell research. Hidden behind the last skull on the
right is a small cache of treasure, including 35 gold 575 silver peices, a Long sword
and mace that seem to be in excellent condition, 4 vials 3 of which have the same
blue-ish liquid inside, and a simple lectrum ring that is engraved with runes.

Techwarrior
2014-04-22, 10:44 PM
Eric hefts the mace, swinging it a few times to test it's weight. He does what he can to estimate it's value or special qualities, and then turns to the longsword. It's clear he is confident about his knowledge over these items and their value.

"What arrangements do we wish to have about splitting the spoils of our little adventure here?"

Taking 10 gets me 13, which should be enough to determine the value of the mace and sword (DC should be 12).

ngilop
2014-04-23, 01:12 AM
Eric can tell both the mace and sword are of exquistie work, made by master craftsmans. Taking
in the surroundings and the state of decay the zombie's equipment was in. he does find it odd
that both weapons are in such good state, the sword still razor sharp.

OOC: You can tell they are both masterwork items, 305 gold for the mace and
315 for the longsword

razorback
2014-04-23, 07:00 AM
"I think things like weapons, if someone can use them they should. Once we get somewhere we can sell them, we can decide if that person want to keep it and then takes it out of their part of the spoils. What do the rest of you think?"

Techwarrior
2014-04-23, 07:44 AM
"That is what I would suggest as well. As to these, they are both of exceptional craftsmanship. The mace is weighted such that it will much more easily create a lethal impact, and the blade cuts through the air like a knife through butter. They both are a bit too large for Caitlin's hands, and I don't even know how to use a straight blade of this type. Daren? Thain? Aldumin?"

Tyeal
2014-04-23, 06:17 PM
Daren watches from the sidelines as Eric goes about inspecting the gear they found after a search of the room. At the offer of giving the sword and mace to either himself or his more melee-focused allies, he shook his head. Patting the handle of the morningstar at his hip. "I'm well-equipped as it is, friend. A Mace, even one made of quality as you say, won't help me too much right now. Also, I'm more comfortable with my Guisarme than a single mace."

razorback
2014-04-24, 03:08 PM
"I have no skill with the sword but the mace looks not too different than the morning star I currently wield. I will use it for now, if no one objects. We can figure out the rest once we find Taran and get this mission resolved. Ready to move on?"

Techwarrior
2014-04-24, 10:38 PM
Once they've sorted out the longsword, Eric puts the gold into a pocket of his backpack, promising to share it out when the times comes. Eric tries the lectrum ring on, wondering if it might be magical. Then, after everything has been stowed away, he suggests someone lead, and follows them, spear in hand.

Tyeal
2014-04-26, 12:01 AM
This time, Daren opted to be in the front. Drawing his weapon once more, he walks the group out of the sizable room towards a door leading out. Or so he hoped. At this point, Daren had assumed a hunched kind of stance, making him appear a bit more primal in nature. He seemed to stop every so often to sniff the air before pressing on, like it was part of his active search.

((Hunter's Stance now active. Gives me the Scent ability up to 60 ft.))

Ouroborosi
2014-04-26, 04:48 AM
Caitlin returns with the cart and the pony minding the floor.

As she stations the animal as far way from the spider corpses as possible she gives a lovin pet on the the head of the animal as she joins the group again.

"Did I miss anything?"

ngilop
2014-04-27, 12:09 AM
Daren leads everybody back out through the cave. seems this was just build as a place for
Namara to be researching spells safely away from his servants, guards and others and from
damaging his keep incase one went awry. Again you stand before the gates, this time though
thanks to the diligence of your more..skillful compatriots you know the gate is not locked or trapped.

razorback
2014-04-27, 11:04 AM
As they walk through, Aldumin retrieves his darts. Rethinking his strategy, he keeps one handy in his off hand with the newly acquired mace, another one in his left hand ready to throw.
"Should we fan out or stick together? Still a little new at all this."

Listen
[roll0]+3
Spot
[roll1]+3

Sian
2014-04-27, 11:18 AM
Thain pushes open the gate with his shield and walks inside looking around to all sides trying to get an good idea where any opponents might hide.

"Somewhere inbetween... To far from each other and i'll have a hard time keeping 'stuff' away from you and Caitlyn might have a hard time helping you with whatever issue you might have gotten; to close and it there might be to much collecteral"

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Tyeal
2014-04-27, 12:33 PM
"I agree with Thain." Adds Daren. "A loose fan formation, or something close to it, should be best. And inside, it can be the same order as it was in the cave." Weapon still drawn, he takes up a position to the left of the armored Dwarf, having them become a front-line defense the less protected members can take cover behind.

Spot: (1d20+4)[24]
Listen: (1d20)[11]

ngilop
2014-04-27, 02:39 PM
This is a big room, once the main room of the keep. Now the plaster has fallen from the ceiling and the floor is littered with junk. In the center of the room stand two big gnolls with their weapons ready.

The two gnolls see you open the door and challenge you. The first one says "Get back, human. This is Bonegnasher's domain." The second one adds "Surrender, or we will filet you for a tasty dinner!"
They both advanced towards you brandishing their weapons. As soon as they are in range they begin swinging their morning stars.

If they win initiative one each goes after Thain and Daren. Due to the shape of the floor it will be difficult to go around to flank the gnolls.

Gnoll Initiative:

Gnoll 1 Attack: [roll1]
Gnoll 1 Damage: [roll2]

Gnoll 2 Attack: [roll]1d#20+3
Gnoll 2 Damage: [roll3]

Techwarrior
2014-04-27, 02:44 PM
Eric moves into the room, following the edge somewhat closely, and then snaps off a shot with his bow.

Initiative [roll0] (With my modifier, I will always beat that initiative.

Move: Move into the room, following a wall and ending movement within 30 feet of a gnoll.

Standard: Attack (Ranged)
Shortbow [roll1]
Crit Confirm [roll2]
Damage [roll3] + [roll4] Precision.

Sian
2014-04-27, 03:22 PM
While talking behind to the rest of the group Thain suddenly notices Gnolls in front of him who tries to make them surrender.

"Surrender? I count 5 of us and 2 of you, I don't think so"

And walks up to the closest target (trying to get close enough to threaten both of them) and hits them with a Vanguard Strike with his Battleaxe

Initiative = [roll0]
To Hit = [roll1]
Damage = [roll2]

Crit Confirm = [roll3]

+4 on attacks on the one i attack, if hit

Tyeal
2014-04-27, 04:56 PM
Daren bristles at the challenge delivered by the cocky creatures before them, brandishing his weapon proper now as they enter the keep. "Let's see you keep that promise flat on your back, my blade at your throat!" He stays at Thain's side and waits for the advancing monsters, waiting until they were within range to lash out with a blow that had a good bit of his weight thrown into it.

Initiative (1d20+2)[21]
To Hit: (1d20+2)[22]
Crit Confirm: (1d20)[8]
Power Attack Damage: (2d4+5)[13]

(And the gnoll comin' after me can't retaliate if he's still alive, thanks to Reach ^^)

razorback
2014-04-28, 07:50 AM
Trying not to sound to nervous, Aldumin pipes in with "You shouldn't have picked a fight"
Before launching a couple of darts at the gnolls

Aldumin
AC ~13; Current ~ 13
HP ~ 7; Current ~ 7

Initiative
[roll0] +2

Full round action - fire 1 dart at each gnoll (assuming point blank)
1st attack - gnoll on right
[roll1]+1

Crit Conf
[roll2]+1

Damage
[roll3]+2

2nd attack - gnoll on left
[roll4]+1

Crit Conf
[roll5]+1

Damage
[roll6]+2

Effects~

Ouroborosi
2014-04-28, 11:09 AM
Initiative [roll0]

the halfling cleric just waits for an opening to flank or heal a wounded companion.

ngilop
2014-04-28, 06:07 PM
One gnolls drops from the guisarme blow.The other growls as he is stuck his an arrow, in the shoulder which causes his own attack to widley miss the dwarf. Not backing down the gnoll grits his teeth and swings once more, not going out with a fight it seems.

Gnoll 1 Attack: [roll0]
Gnoll 1 Attack: [roll1]

Techwarrior
2014-04-29, 11:03 PM
Eric contemplates going in for the kill, but believes the warriors have the situation well in hand. He fires off another shot with his bow calmly, looking to put the shot in the Gnoll, and not the warriors. He shifts his throwing spear into his hand, just in case the thing survives melee with his allies.

Standard: Attack the gnoll left standing.
Bow [roll0]
Crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Move: Draw shortspear

Free: 5 ft step towards the gnoll.

razorback
2014-05-01, 07:36 AM
"Why won't you give up?" asks Aldumin as he charges forward.

Aldumin
AC ~13; Current ~ 11
HP ~ 7; Current ~ 7

Full round action - Charge last gnoll
[roll0] this is +2 for charging plus any bonus for the mace

Crit Conf
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2] plus any bonus from the mace

Effects~
Charging - +2 to hit & -2 to AC

Ouroborosi
2014-05-01, 04:00 PM
Drawing her sword the halfling moves in a flanking position

short sword [roll0] [roll1]

Tyeal
2014-05-05, 08:51 PM
Daren watches the other members of the group ready to swarm the remaining gnoll, deciding to jump in himself. Keeping his distance, he moves in to lay down what he believes is the kill. He delivers a swift slash of his gusiarme, focused and dead-set on his target.

Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[23]
Damage: (2d4+3)[5]

ngilop
2014-05-06, 12:20 AM
Daren drops the last gnoll whos death growl is muffled by its own blood. The room looks pretty bare just rubble filled holes and 4 doors. One is in the top left corner, one is the top right corner, another is on the east wall, and the last is the bottom left corner.

EXP for Gnolls: 151

razorback
2014-05-06, 06:51 AM
Aldumin, after retrieving his weapons, moves to a position by the eastern door and listens.

Listen
[roll0]

"Do you think these guys had friends about? Which way do we go first ."

Ouroborosi
2014-05-06, 03:23 PM
Caintlin let's out a quick prayer to fallen.
It was a small comfort she had no direct involvement to the death of Gnolls.

"Maybe it is better we check the unlocked doors first?" she answered silently.

Tyeal
2014-05-07, 08:58 PM
After wiping the blood from his weapon off on the freshly slain Gnoll carcass, he sheaths it and nods to Caitlin. "I'm with Caitlin. I think we should check the unlocked doors first. Then come back and check the locked ones." He taps his ear, adding, "And my eyes are better than my ears. So, anyone else is free to take a page out of his book." He points to Aldumin.

ngilop
2014-05-08, 01:56 PM
Aldumin presses his ear up to the door and hears nothing. But he guesses its from just how thick the door is, and not so much as there is nothing to be heard. At least from how in shambles the keep looks one would think you'd hear something.

Techwarrior
2014-05-08, 09:29 PM
Eric begins to go through the fallen gnolls pockets, packs, weapons, and other assorted equipment.

"I know this is kind of an... unpleasant subject at the least. Before we go peaking around the corner though, we need to decide what we're going to do with our fallen enemies. If we leave them to bleed to death we risk a spellcaster capable of channeling healing magic like Caitlin coming along behind us and opening an additional front by healing these Gnolls... I don't like that thought, nor do I like the implied alternative of simply finishing them in cold blood. Thoughts?"

Search (Gnoll 1) [roll0]
Search (Gnoll 2) [roll1]

ngilop
2014-05-08, 11:39 PM
Eric finds 16 gold amongst both gnolls, their armor and weapons are rusted and beyond any real value to
anyone to use or want to buy.

OOC: One gnoll (the first one you killed) is beyond restoration, other than a raise dead. The other is not too far
away from perma-death either. The one gnoll being completely dead is obvious to any, while a simple look over
by caitlyn is enough to tell the other only has mere moment before he too passes into the great void.

razorback
2014-05-09, 09:29 AM
Aldmumin tries to speak to the dying creature in the common tongue along with what he knows of the dragon and giant languages, trying to get information out of the dying creature.
"Why are you here? Are there others about? Be forthcoming and I will endeavor to save your life."

Techwarrior
2014-05-09, 12:25 PM
Seeing that Aldumin is interested in interrogating the dying Gnoll, Eric does his best to keep it from slipping away. It's clear he's not especially good at the process.

Heal (First Aid: DC 15) [roll0]

Tyeal
2014-05-09, 08:35 PM
Daren appears visibly uneasy about Aldumin trying to interrogate the dying enemy. Shifting from foot to foot, making soft grunts and growls under his breath, constantly tugging and pushing at the weapon on his hip like he kept checking to make sure it was clear. He had severe doubts that such a bestial creature could have any relevant information, or know anything useful to them. His hand rested on the grip of the morningstar in his belt, staring rather intently at his defeated foe. Looking on the verge of simply walking up and finishing the job with little reservations about it.

Ouroborosi
2014-05-10, 02:46 PM
"Guys? even if he wanted to answered... He is drowing in his own.. blood at this time."

Caitlin almost whisper to the party

razorback
2014-05-16, 07:26 AM
Aldumin stands and looks at the others, nodding at Eric.
"It seems this creature is beyond our help." He waits a moment as the creature expires, checking it to verify it is dead.

Looking at Caitlin and Daren, he says "I have no compunctions about not helping this creature. From what I know, these creatures tend towards evil and, as you saw, they attacked. Best to steel yourselves to these kinds of things. It won't be the last time we have to make these decisions in this keep. Ready to move on?"

With that he moves to one of the unlocked doors and listens for a moment.

Listen check
[roll0]

"Ready to see what is beyond the door?" he says just above a whisper.

ngilop
2014-05-19, 03:43 PM
The room is small and filled with junk. Most of it is pushed close to the walls, leaving a clear space in the center of the room. Squatting in the clear space are six little creatures holding drinking horns almost bigger than they are. They look surprised to see you. Trying to be brave, the creature threaten you, buts its obvious they are scared. The first one says "You better give up, humans, or we're gonna cut you to pieces, yeah! if you don't surrender right now." The second one to speak seems even more scared, but says. "Yeah, surrender right now! We'll cut ya!" Then he turns to the rest of his group, "I don't think they're very afraid of us. Should we run away?" The first one shakes his head no and says to you, "Sorry, sorry. We're more scared of Bonegnasher than of you. Beat it Beat it, or we'll get him, and he'll pound you into bloody lumps." The room looks like an old guard tower complete with a rusty old stove and various arms and armnaments hanging from racks or leaning up against the wall.

These (http://www.elfwood.com/~apron/Skinny-Kobold.2532993.html) guys are actually Kobolds (http://www.tomeoftreasures.com/tot_second_edition_home/rules/tsr2140_monstrousmanual.htm). I am the opposite of a fan of what 3rd ed did to them ( IE mini dragons)

Techwarrior
2014-05-19, 05:20 PM
Eric smiles at the kobolds, not bothering to draw his weapon. If he had more skill with a weapon, he'd try showing off, but that is not his strongsuit.

"Oh that's ok, Little Masters. We'll take care of Bonegnasher for you. We already took out his weak little guard Gnolls at the door without any trouble at all. We're professionals at this kind of thing really."

He nudges his fellows as he finishes speaking, hoping one of them will take up the mantle of persuasion.

Eric is attempting to Aid Another someone else's Diplomacy check to convince the kobolds to back down without a fight. Caitlin would probably be our best bet with a +7 modifier, assuming that someone else doesn't jump down the kobolds' throats with a weapon.

Aid Another (DC 10) [roll0]

razorback
2014-05-19, 08:07 PM
Catching Eric's cue, Aldumin and smiles.
"Aye, he can't be any tougher than that minotaur we trounced a while back. My guess is that we will make light work of him." he says, looking at the rogue. "Question is..." and he slowly turns towards the kobolds "is whether you fellas are going to be a help or a hinderance."

Aid Another in diplomacy
[roll0] vs DC 10

Tyeal
2014-05-19, 09:16 PM
Daren keeps to the back of the group this time, having heard additional kobalds after opening the door they had all piled up behind. He was the muscle, not the diplomat. And he imaged him having his Guisarme out wouldn't help his move silver-tongued allies with their little plan. His hands were empty and his arms folded, simply standing behind Eric and Aldumin, standing stone-faced and quiet.

Ouroborosi
2014-05-20, 04:48 PM
"You think this Bonegnasher is bad?" "These guys had made an example out of more then half my village when they refused to help."

The cleric starts to shake "Oh, papa if only you had listened. There cruel men but they reward loyalty."

Diplomacy [roll0]

ngilop
2014-05-20, 08:08 PM
They seem to know that they are outmatched against you. Though they stare in shock at Caitlin's exlamation. Now that things have died down and you have time to look the creatures over. You get a better look at whatever these might be. Barely three feet tall, they have scaly hides that range from rusty brown, to red, to black. They smell of wet dog and stagnant water and their eyes are like red sparks. Two small horns tan to white protude from their heads and their tail are skinny and rat-like.

The Kobolds are willing to accept a bribe. The leader says, "Give us money then 10 gold.. just all in coins. Loyalty's kind of stupid if there's money involved! You promise you won't tell anybody we told you? The hobgoblins have got an elf in the other tower room just across the entranceway from us, been torturing him good for the last couple days."

razorback
2014-05-22, 06:19 AM
"Well, if your loyalty is only as good as your gold, how do we know you won't go running up to your friends after we pay you? I think you get your gold after we deal with anyone here." Aldumin says as he spins a dagger on his finger tip.

ngilop
2014-05-25, 05:20 PM
The kobolds look even more frightened than they did a few moments ago. "we.. we will not betray one who can best a minotaur.. we were only with Bonegnasher because he could thump us pretty easily.. but even he is no match for a minotaur!"

Techwarrior
2014-05-27, 11:47 PM
Eric smiles to the kobolds.

"Alright little Masters, question time! Who exactly is this Bonegnasher, and why do the hobgoblins work for him. What do they want with an elf anyhow? Tree-hugging pompous jerks from what I've heard."

Ouroborosi
2014-05-29, 04:49 PM
Caitlins holds her mouth shut. Knowing that she will ruin the intimation of the kolbolds otherwise.

ngilop
2014-06-01, 05:47 PM
The koboldsare earnest in their words " 10 gold and we will not eave this room until you come back and tell us so..nine hells the leader adds "if you come back with bonegnashers head we will even join you.. our warren is gone an' is jus us now. The elf is being questioned about something he was caught snooping about"

EXP for Kobolds: 113

Techwarrior
2014-06-01, 06:00 PM
"Would you accept silver pieces our little mercenaries? I have plenty of money to give you, but if we pay you in silver then you have more to play with, and boy are these silver shiny! I polished them myself."

Assuming the kobolds agree to that, Eric gives them 100 silver pieces, otherwise he'll fork over the 10 gold.

ngilop
2014-06-01, 06:10 PM
The kobolds huddle together for a moment yapping in their language then turn aound and all nod their heads affirmatively in unison.

razorback
2014-06-05, 05:26 AM
"Alright, then. Are we ready to move out? Let's get to that other tower and find Taran."

Ouroborosi
2014-06-06, 07:39 PM
"As my masters will it" the halfling said with a bow. Not wanting to drop the act till the kolbolds our out of sight.

Tyeal
2014-06-06, 09:37 PM
Darius simply nodded, folding his arms across his chest. Having kept them at his sides to at least look like he wasn't reaching for a weapon during the little exchange.

ngilop
2014-06-07, 08:08 PM
The group makes their way out of the kobold tower and into the main hall with the dead gnolls.

There is the doors in the top corners of the room and the one in the eastern wall that should lead to the opposite tower the elf lord is being held in.

razorback
2014-06-09, 09:24 AM
Standing in the doorway, Aldumin looks at the others before whispering "Do we move to take out the help or move to eliminate Bonegnasher first?"