PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed So does my idea for ninja seem good?

ngilop
2014-04-01, 06:09 PM
Hey everybody.

I started a more oriental focused campaign 2weeks ago and am just wondering if my progression for my 'ninja' seems good.

the group consists of a grendle (bastion press half-troll race LA+3) fighter 2, human swashbuckler 5 ( he is Spanish and looking for a 6 fingered man.. I talked him into being a swashbuckler over a fighter) an elven fighter/ranger/druid ( im not sure what the level are and I tried to help this guy out several times but I have my limits on offering assistance)

I am a bard 5 right now and blew my DM when he saw I was a bard and said " but you said ninja' I explained to him.. my concept is ninja, I found out then that casting a spell only has a 50/50 chance to work and even when a spell works it does damage to me, I just smiled and said 'that's fine what about invocations and ki powers?" to which he said 'those are fine and you do not suffer anything when you use them. Oh, and I traded away all my bardic music and knowledge for sneak attack.

So, of course my first big purchase was an eternal wand of repeating cure minor wounds so the couple of spells that I cast a day will be healed.

my plan is to now go into my version of red avenger http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?311379-Insert-fixed-PrC-here!&p=16309579&viewfull=1#post16309579 (sorry for the messed up table, the new tables are beyond wonky and beyond hideously complex to use. after several hours I just gave up trying to do anything with them)

so my plan is going to be bard 5 red avenger 9 warblade 6 that will net me BAB 15 fast healing 1 both uncanny dodges, 6 maneuvers known 4 readied and 2 stances known. im planning on grabbing martial stance and getting assassins stance. and picking up crusader's strike for some more self heal as with the way spells are going to be used means nobody is going to get any heals anytime soon.

so does my bard 5/red avenger 9/warblade 6 seems good to be a 'ninja'