PDA

View Full Version : Analysis The Snarl (946, Panel 1)

Newwby
2014-04-01, 07:22 PM
Apologies if it was already brought up and I missed it but is that scribble on the right side of comic 946, panel 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0946.html) supposed to be the Snarl above Azure City viewed at a great distance? Is it supposed to be Girard's Rift viewed at some (although the angle of the airship and the depiction of the ocean relative to the airship's heading and the world map argue otherwise) distance?

Wanted to bring it up because my post-book re-read left me confused - is it something else entirely unrelated?

Zmeoaice
2014-04-01, 07:27 PM
Um, no I think that's Julio Scoundrel. Unless you're pointing to something else, but I don't see anything else on the right side of panel one.

Cuthalion
2014-04-01, 07:29 PM
Apologies if it was already brought up and I missed it but is that scribble on the right side of comic 946, panel 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0946.html) supposed to be the Snarl above Azure City viewed at a great distance? Is it supposed to be Girard's Rift viewed at some (although the angle of the airship and the depiction of the ocean relative to the airship's heading and the world map argue otherwise) distance?

Wanted to bring it up because my post-book re-read left me confused - is it something else entirely unrelated?

Can't see anything strange on the right side except for Julio...

DaggerPen
2014-04-01, 07:30 PM
It's Julio leaving on his magic carpet.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-04-01, 07:33 PM
Looks like it's Julio Scoundrél. Girard's Gate was in a depression in the desert floor, so it would've had to dramatically move between 945 and 946 to get up in the air. It's not the Snarl, since it seemed to be coming through the gate, and in order to be in size it would've had to become a lot smaller, not to mention that it's the wrong colors.

Porthos
2014-04-02, 01:40 PM
If you zoom in on the image, you can clearly make out Julio in it. 300% to 400% should do the trick.