PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help Choosing a Character

Griffithor
2014-04-01, 08:48 PM
So we have a friend who has recently (probably a few months) started playing Dnd, and he decided he wants to start dm'ing. The last time he was dm'ing was terrible, within a few hours of playing all of us (the Pcs) had managed to get great wyrm prismatic and force dragons, along with +6 daggers of electricity and their crit range is 10/20. Btw we were starting at level 6. This time the other Pc's have decided to powerbuild, insanely, (convincing the dm that restoration cures LA) and pulling out all of the variants from UA. My main problem is that i want to not be completely un-par with the rest of the PC's but i also wanted to play a rougish type build. What class/classes would be like a rouge but able to compete on the same level as the other PC's?

Red Fel
2014-04-02, 08:13 AM
First, you probably want to mention which edition (AD&D, 3rd, 3.5, PF, 4e, etc.) of D&D you're playing. Second, you probably want this post to be moved to the appropriate subforum; you're likely to get more bites there.

Rhynn
2014-04-02, 08:35 AM
(convincing the dm that restoration cures LA)

I think your DM might be a moron.

Try getting someone else to run a game instead.

slaydemons
2014-04-02, 09:01 AM
For a rogue build what kind of rogue do you want to be the skill type one or the one kicking ass and taking names.

theNater
2014-04-02, 09:24 AM
Take Invisible Stalker as your race, and tell the DM that you've taken the Assassinate feat, which causes your sneak attacks to instantly kill the target.

If you're gonna lie to the guy, there's no reason to stop halfway.

Griffithor
2014-04-02, 07:40 PM
Oh, i forgot to mention im playing 3.5, im kind of new as a member of this site

Griffithor
2014-04-02, 07:43 PM
Take Invisible Stalker as your race, and tell the DM that you've taken the Assassinate feat, which causes your sneak attacks to instantly kill the target.

If you're gonna lie to the guy, there's no reason to stop halfway.

Good ideas, i was planning on also convincing him that there was a class abillity allowing me to use assasin spells.

Griffithor
2014-04-02, 07:46 PM
I think your DM might be a moron.

Try getting someone else to run a game instead.
Yeah, hes not the brightest dm, for starters we were able to use a "transmutation" spell to turn my copper into gold, but he insisted that he be a dm. He also believes that create water creates 20 gallons PER LEVEL and you can do it in a creature, allowing one of the pcs to kill a GREAT WYRM black dragon in one hit