PDA

View Full Version : Monks, Bear Warriors and Unarmed Damage?

EisenKreutzer
2014-04-01, 10:44 PM
In our current 3.5 game, I am playing a Monk6/Fist of the Forest 2 with Vow of Poverty. I am planning my progression next as Barbarian 1/Bear Warrior1 /War Shaper 2/Barbarian xx.

Anyway, I know this plan has a hint of cheese to it, but the entire party have optimized slightly so it's ok. It's RttToEE so I guess it's only to be expected, we plan on beating the crap out of this adventure.

Anyway, I have some questions about how this build plays out that I need answered. I will be doing this build regardless, but I need to know this one way or the other:

Can I use my unarmed strikes in bear form, or am I restricted to just natural attacks?

If I can use my unarmed attacks in bear form, how do my monk/FoF levels affect the damage I deal?

And lastly, if I can use unarmed as a bear, do I also get the natural attacks? How does that work?

Any answers and opinions would be appreciated, and I would really like it if someone could link to or quote some official source so I can show our GM.

EDIT: Follow up question - Can I use the War Shapers Morphic Weapons ability to enhance my unarmed attacks in bear form? The monk ability Unarmed Strike clearly states that a monks unarmed strikes count as natural weapons for the purpose of effects that enhance a natural weapon, so I am inclined to think I can.

Drimoran
2015-03-07, 09:53 AM
Bump. I have the exactly same doubts. I have not seeing anything regarding the proficiency of animals with the unarmed strike for characters described in the PHBI

sideswipe
2015-03-07, 09:56 AM
maybe read the rules of the forum. this is thread necromancy.....

i was caught out by it when i first joined too.

i suggest you start a new thread of that exact wording to not cause yourself problems.