PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Creating a magic trap. In search of a spell (or 2)

Kerilstrasz
2014-04-01, 11:54 PM
I want to create a magic trap.
the use of it will be to clear rooms filled with large numbers of creatures.

How it will work.
1) It will cast a spell that does area damage.
2) It be self reset
3) It will have a proximity trigger or a touch trigger(my DM said that an unseen servant can touch & trigger but it will die)

now, what i need from you..
I search a lot but i cant find what i really need.
I need a spell with a type of damage that there is no resistance for it (like force damage for example), does at least 1d6/CL and has an aoe about 10-20 feet radius.
The spell may come from any 3,5 book (but no magazine or home brew) and must be in the spell list of wizards or clerics.

Thnx for your time.

Captnq
2014-04-02, 12:30 AM
HAIL OF STONE
- COMPLETE ARCANE (3.5)
- ORIENTAL ADVENTURES (3.0)
- SPELL COMPENDIUM (3.5)
- UNDERDARK (3.5)
Conjuration (Creation) [Earth]
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1, Stone Domain 2, Warmage 1, Wu Jen 0
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 round
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Area: Cylinder (5-ft. radius, 40 ft. high)
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

ICICLE
- FROSTBURN (3.5)
Abjuration [Cold]
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 2

STONE TRAP
- SHINING SOUTH (3.5)
Transmutation
Level: Cleric 7, Sorcerer/Wizard 7
Components: V, S, M/DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: Stone object up to 200 lb./level
Duration: See text
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
Editor: It causes a block of stone to turn invisible and hover until the trap is tripped. Just set the triggering conditions to some impossible thing, and it's basically a permanent invisible hovering block of stone. Build a wall from the top down :), hovering one layer right below the one above it. Now you have a wall that you can cause to collapse at a single command word.

Fill the sky with floating invisible rocks. Under the rocks put icicles. Both last forever until triggered. Hail of stone is just begging to be sculpted. Have fun.

Techwarrior
2014-04-02, 02:30 AM
I want to create a magic trap.
the use of it will be to clear rooms filled with large numbers of creatures.

How it will work.
1) It will cast a spell that does area damage.
2) It be self reset
3) It will have a proximity trigger or a touch trigger(my DM said that an unseen servant can touch & trigger but it will die)

now, what i need from you..
I search a lot but i cant find what i really need.
I need a spell with a type of damage that there is no resistance for it (like force damage for example), does at least 1d6/CL and has an aoe about 10-20 feet radius.
The spell may come from any 3,5 book (but no magazine or home brew) and must be in the spell list of wizards or clerics.

Thnx for your time.

Wings of Flurry is a good bet. 30 ft Burst. 1d6/Caster Level to selectable targets in the area and Dazes for 1 round. A successful reflex save negates the daze and reduce the damage by half.